Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ugh.

Can we please coordinate? If you don't have a power role don't imply that you do. It does nothing to help us out. If you do have a power role JUST TELL ME. We're halfway coordinated, but I bet we'll lose someone useful tonight (and we can't capitalize on what we are learning) if we don't start working together.
  • Can't tell if train, or badguys taking the opportunity to push a Rellyw kill! GAH
    Also, to the Jailer - how are people supposed to just "know" who you are? You're asking our warden to just randomly start sending out info at random to people? Do you realize that's completely counter to what we want? If the message goes to a rellwy then nothing happens. That's our BEST CASE scenario. If the message goes to a Conclave, then they basically know who we consider valuable and can act off that. Heavens forbid we try to get 2-way communication going, either, because sending out the warden's name will just be a death warrant.
  • Has your role been verified, really? You haven't revealed the name of the other confirmed member. It's kind of understandable for someone to be nervous. If I was Conclave, I'd be trying to do what you are, ingratiate, get key members, and coordinate the deaths of the Indorani and other Conclaves before wiping out important roles in the rellyw and taking the rest out one at a time.

Instead of asking for blind trust, figure out a way to alleviate justifiable nervousness. We do need to work together, but your method of making demands isn't going to really help the situation.
    imageimage
    Uhh, no, I'm not going to reveal the names of power roles. If I were BSing, they could post anonymous messages to the contrary saying that I'm full of it. They haven't, and we've been working together for multiple rounds now and neither the Warden nor the Vigilante have been bumped off.

You aren't going to get confirmation of anything in this game. The roles are too complex and the powers ensure that you can never be 100% certain. The fact that both Indorani and Conclaves targetted me with hostile powers AND I've been working with the power roles without them dying is the best evidence you're going to get. It sounds like people are going to have to be happy with 95% certainty, because there is no way I'm selling out the people who have role claimed to me as some sort of "proof." I don't even understand how that logic works.
  • On the voting lists, the numbers do not match up - dask has 12 votes and 13 people listed, while mesk has 3 votes and 2 people. Is that meant to be like that?

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I'm going to have to throw a good chunk of my trust towards Moirean given what she just said. We really, really do need to sync up our opinions a bit better rather then flail around or make votes based on the fact that sometimes we feel slighted. 
  • ..I did not say to reveal the names. I am suggesting that's the only thing you've done so far that suggests you are innocent. 

imageimage
  • I'm also not at all arguing that we shouldn't be working together. We really need to. But if I didn't trust you, yelling at me wouldn't inspire me to trust.

I'd want you to provide a stronger case as to why I should.

imageimage
    Minarael said:
    Has your role been verified, really? You haven't revealed the name of the other confirmed member. 
    What did you mean by this, then? It sounded like you were saying that I should reveal who I'm working with to use as proof. If you have another idea for how I can prove my innocence, I'd love to hear it, but I think we're wasting our powers to keep focusing on me, when we really need to be finding Indorani. We got REALLY lucky on night one with the hits on me AND the protection basically confirming my innocence and keeping me alive (and wasting a night for baddie powers) - being overly suspicious about it has wasted all momentum we got from that lucky round and now we're back to the Indorani and Conclaves holding the power and picking us off.
  • Iunno, I'll ponder it. I've not been suspicious of you since then, prior to that I had you as a primary target.

I will go back and re-examine my logic trail looking at how unlikely it would be, maybe post that again. Just seems like yelling is not the right tactic. :P
    imageimage
    I use caps because this forum is dumb and doesn't recognize [b]bbcode[/b] and I'm too lazy most of the time to try to wrangle with the editing stuff at the top or the messy html options.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I am still not sure why people would explicitly trust you, Moirean. Is it because you got sent away at the first night and survived the attack?

That still means you could be a Conclave member.
  • Ha! I meant more tone and not INTERNET CAPS MEANS YELLING RAGE. 
    imageimage
    We've gone over this for pages...The Conclaves also fiddled with me. They wouldn't need to be investigating me and stuff if I was one of them. -_-
    Demarcus
  • What needs to happen is the warden needs to post what happened each round, with Moirean knowing who it is, she verifies the anon msg. The Syssin can anon post his findings and even without them knowing each other, the warden can at least verify the target of the syssin. The jailor just needs to be careful who he hits, cause if he gets a conclave, well that is 2 night kills for that round.  That alone is enough to work together on findings and such esp with the low amount of people talking. But, if the jailor does hit a conclave through the night again the warden will see who, and based off of that information (exception of course the role switcher) and can establish a proper day time vote.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    The anonymous messages from the Warden and what Moirean has been telling us has been consistent. Unless our actual Warden is inactive or has no idea what to do, there's more evidence to support and the odds are higher that Moirean is a good guy and if we can coordinate that would be in our best interest since we're kind of dropping like flies and the enemy factions are all at 3 strong. We've basically got 2 separate rellyw factions going, and it is muddying the waters to the point it simply isn't helping our cause.

I guess divided we fall.
    Why give the Conclaves info on the Syssin's investigations? We've been editing the Warden's reports to keep that info away from them, although the Syssin hasn't contacted us, so we don't know what results the Syssin has gotten. 

Keeping the background actions public gives the Conclaves and Indorani more to work with. Remember, they already are the (fairly) informed majority. Giving them all the info we know just ensures they stay more informed than us, and that's not helpful to us. It helps them shape their sneaky stuff to really obscure and confuse things for us.
    Demarcus
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I have to say it sounds like the Syssin needs to take a chance here and trust Moirean. We can't keep fumbling around in the dark. If we do, the bad guys will win.

DemarcusAarbrokXenia
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    ooo I found a cute little stream to sit by while I wait to hear the all clear to come back to the city!  I hope it will be soon??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Don't mafia et all only have 24 hours?
  • I think Omei is sick. so guess we are just on a stand still for now..

• Apologies for the wait. Results will be posted shortly.

i am rapture coder
  • As dawn breaks, you all awaken to see who perished during the night. As it happens, however, all of you are still alive; however, Haern has only returned shortly beforehand from an overnight stint in the cells, and Toz has been sent out on a scouting expedition for the day.

No one has died during the night.

It is Round Seven - Day.

i am rapture coder

Really though. What?

• Ah, nevermind, I'm a derp. They hit the Experiment.

wait.....  I thought we were on the day round??  what happened to the votes??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• We've been on the night vote for awhile.  

Despite some pretty serious flails, we have gotten really lucky during the night rounds. We seem to be our own worst enemy. 
    imageimage
    ah for some reason I missed the day totals and such....its good to be back in the city!   Have a nice trip Toz....I suggest the stream, it was VERY peaceful!  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Have we gotten particularly lucky in the night rounds? How do you figure? Just because we haven't killed one of them off yet, or what?