Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

Minarael said:
    I actually really agree with the post Llok made. That's pretty much my thoughts on how things are going. Especially since we keep seeing multiple groups targeting one loudish person. 

That's a pretty lame defense, Daskalos. 

However, that message is curious. Does it mean that it diverted from Demarcus to Llok, or the other way around? Not sure we can really do much with it either way. 

I too would like to know which way it went. Based on Macavity's theories about Moi and I, sounds like a possible lame frame attempt if I was switched to Llok, given the Conclave sent Macavity out on a scouting mission and reflecting away from me. If they reflected from Llok to me, well that doesn't help their frame job one bit. Since Science sniffed Macavity, maybe both Conclaves tried a frame job? Not sure what to make of it.
  • The Dhasan of Art's switch means that it vice-versas any active powers used on either of the targets.

i am rapture coder
    DemarcusAryanne
  • So it kind of just hit both of them. Got it. Hrrrrm. Must re-examine notes and thread history. 
    imageimage
  • Science investigating Macavity could be an attempt to point suspicion at Demarcus. It's possible to go down the rabbit hole of reverse psychology, but I would at least say that Demarcus probably isn't the Dhasan of Science. 

The Dhason of Art switch means neither has the role, but it could either be an attempt to swing more attention to Llok or Demarcus. It's hard to say what they are getting at when they know we know what they're up to every night.

Daskalos's defense from Llok's vote was pretty eh. Assuming he's telling the truth, we could regret killing him because he's in a Conclave, or we could regret killing him because he has a power role. I would hope our power roles aren't so silly as to paint themselves a target like that.

I'm also leaning towards Kaeus. He did not vote in either round and has only spoken up when votes were pointed at him. Essentially puts him on the same activity level as Desian.

No vote yet, though.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    This game is confusing me. There are so many factions and not a lot of people are saying much.

I agree that @Daskalos looks pretty suspicious. He has pretty much jumped onto trains after they were established without reasoning much about why he is doing it.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I fear that people are not talking as much this time around in fear that they will put a target on their backs!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • There's a core group in this game which seems impenetrable. Unfortunately, the core group is probably on different sides.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Could we perhaps get a report from the night round's investigation(s)?

• Alright, Llok's post does seem to make some sense, but my previous experiences makes me wary to just jump onto a train, start one. I've really not too much to offer in way of information, so mostly just sitting back reading and trying to make heads from tails of this whole mess. 

• This game doesn't work if you don't speak out
    EzalorDemarcusPeriluna
    There is such a huge void because we have the same eight, maybe ten people that are offering insight and chatter. Unless one faction has gone the "Everyone, just shut the hell up" route, the observation that everyone is on different sides is probably right. I'm just hoping Moi and company are able to find the rest of the rellyw team so we can stand at least a fighting chance.

And of course we get the trend now that the vocal people get targeted with powers. But a silent game of Mafia is pretty damn boring. I understand folks have lives and jobs and all that jazz, but if I can participate, everyone else should be able to unless they are incapacitated or cut off from the real world (also known as the internet).

I honestly don't know who to point suspicion at, Macavity was my number 1 target, but since he got sent out scouting and there wasn't a 2nd factional night kill, he's probably not part of the Conclave as I originally thought. I'm guessing, Moi, you're keeping the Syssin and Warden's actions under wraps?

• Basically I've been trying to figure out who I should role claim to. I've been toying with just messaging Moi, since she seems to be fairly cleared as a Rellyw to me. That being said, I'm not sure on who to claim at. I tend to lean towards Demarcus' logic. Essentially I'll wait about 4 hours, and if nobody offers a strong argument against role claiming to Moirean, I am going to go ahead and do this. 

Otherwise, I am completely in the dark on who to trust, etc. 

• If you have any important role, posting that here may not have been the best idea :P

Aryanne
  • Could be a double bluff.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Yeah I actually had Macavity pinned as a conclave until recently, I am definitely not trying to make a bad decision so I spend most my time trying to decipher the twists and turns and figure out who I want to send the pitchforks and torches after.  I have went back and re-read things numerous times, attempting to pin various roles...overall I have to just keep thinking and deliberating, the roles here are complex...
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'm not a power role, nor am I a bad guy. I am a simple rellyw trying to make a living in my corner of the village. That being said, I'm starting to agree about Kaeus. He only talks when spoken against, and I've heard enough of your poppycock! 

VOTE: KAEUS

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I really don't care too much to argue at this point. I've not had the time to keep up fully with the way things are going, as I just got back from a week long trip.

I also didn't vote because I had no clue who to even vote for, and the train seemed to be on a No Lynch (did we even do a 2nd vote yet?) which I still didn't really care for.

That being said, just because you came after me...

Vote : Daskalos
    Alright, so I had a couple ideas. First, I'm curious about Daskalos. His first vote he gets against him, he says we'll be very sorry if we lynch him. Then he backs off and says he's a basic rellyw. Those aren't exactly consistent claims. If we were much further in the game and the rellyw numbers were dwindling, it might be a "you'll be very sorry" situation if we lynched one, but this early? I think it was an attempt to suggest he has a power role, but now he's claiming the opposite. Don't get me wrong, there are better options that lynching a vanilla rellyw, and it is a less than ideal outcome, but hardly one where I'm going to be kicking myself the following round going "Dangit! We killed Daskalos who was a rellyw."

On the topic of role claims, Llok was on the verge of the noose and he didn't try the role claim a rellyw. Seems curious.

Lastly, we have Xenia. Hasn't said a whole lot thus far this game. Wants to role claim to Moi. Hey, if you can back it up and it is verifiable, go for it. But why not just role claim to Moi and not paint a target on your back by making it public? That seems fishiest of all.

Also, if talking is going to get you targeted, whatever. Not talking is going to bring this game to a screeching halt. I was already targeted by one Conclave.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I've been kinda quiet this round because I know I was way too chatty and dominated the earlier rounds. We need to get the non-talkers talking because not only does it give us nothing to go on, it kinda makes the game boring when it's the same 3 people talking.
  • I've been fairly silent because I'm stewing over the info in my head. I'm not solid enough on any one person to point a finger, or start/join a lynch. There's a lot of big, giant MAYBE signs floating over people's heads at present. 

Xenia's comment was just plain silly if she does have a power role. Which makes me more inclined to believe she's conclave and is coordinating something with the other misinformation roles. Course, she could just have had a really silly slip of the tongue born from inexperience with the game.

Llok's lynching attempt was born more out of his personality than any real evidence of guilt, so I don't think he felt the need to proclaim his innocence. His attackers were suggesting he was possibly innocent all along.

Daskalos' response is ... just lame. As is his history in the game, no commentary really unless attacked. Curious behavior to me. 

There's a number of other people who haven't contributed much unless attacked or to leap on to trains with little or no justification. 

There's just no clear direction in my head yet to take.
    imageimage
    Well, as much as I hate the "Silence implies guilt." reasoning, people who don't post aren't contributing to the game. Period. As good of a place as any to start trimming the gristle. Cool, great, you have a power role and you're having fun behind the scenes and you don't want to raise your voice because you're going to get lynched or targeted or whatever. Well, if everyone was participating approximately the same, the game would be way more fun, and there would be more people to hide amongst.

So! Since voting for a random quiet person seems to be the only damn way to get people to talk:

Vote: Haern

Please defend yourself as to why you haven't bothered talking more than a few posts. It was the first name that came to mind. Just for tagging purposes... @Haern
  • Does "I'm new" and trying to figure the rules out count?
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Don't wake the sleeping giant, Haern!!  Remember people he can kill us all with His God Powers!!  LOL

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Okay. I've been going over previous posts, and the only person we really know 100% who is or isn't what is Aren, right?

I don't really see anything especially useful in her posts, I'm inclined to think Moi is innocent at this point, or a REALLY useful spy in the warden's pocket for whatever group she is a part of. But, the "trustworthy" thing seems to be a bit more likely (otherwise bad choice of comrades there, Warden :( )

Macavity: Not sure what to make of his recent target-ture... Hrm.
    Xenia: If she's a power role (a helpful one, presumably) posting about it openly seems like a really unwise move. That being said, obviously someone checking her out would be a good plan before we go guns blazing.
    Daskalos: Ehhh, yeah the "YOU'LL BE SORRY!" argument is certainly iffy at best and I'd say he's sending up the most red-flags for me atm.
    Llok: I don't know. He's just all over the board and making about as much sense as last game.

I'm kinda with @minareal... There's just no one person screaming out at me the most right now.  That said: Demarcus' plan of "call out the quiet" seems like a good start if nothing else.
    So: come on @haern!

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I as always am not for the calling out people just because they are quiet, it is a complex game that even I am attempting to understand certain parts and catch up.  I am more apt to stand up against those targetting because of whatever reasons they see fit or can justify without any evidence, leading to the loss for one side and a gain for the other.  If anything I have seen Daskalos start this going after Kaeus for being quiet right now, and then stating he is "Not a bad guy" to me that raises more suspicions for me than someone being quiet.  You should not want to bark out you are good or bad, or inbetween even.

So....

VOTE: Daskalos
    @Haern

Ask questions big guy. Stumbling around in the dark confused isn't helping anyone's cause. We need to get people involved, hell, we barely get enough people to vote to get enough for a lynch!

I certainly don't claim to be fluent in the rules, but I've got them quick-linked so I can refer back to them. Yes, there is a lot to take in, but after a week here and your only defense for not posting much is you're new and you're confused? Seems to be a common theme among everyone. We've already established if you have questions, you can ask Omei in PM's. @Omei , I've asked you what, a dozen questions now? I pulled the trigger too soon on one idea about role claiming that first night regarding a rules change, but all I did was look like a dumb unicorn. NBD, yo. It happens. Part of the game.

So start throwing ideas out there. Same goes for everyone else who is going to use that as a defense.

Since you're at least paying attention, I will...

Unvote: Haern

Vote: Esper

You're up, @Esper

MacavityAryanne
    Llok said:
    Aryanne said:

I'm kinda surprised they went after Aren, since Aren tends to be quieter and therefore a target for suspicion finger-pointing. I guess I'll go back and see if she said anything especially interesting this time around!
    A non-significant person will not have received a starting pm and will only have the initial rules to go off. The following possibility exists for plain civs:
    A) Whenever I'm non role I simply could care less about the roles, I don't study them and go into the game dancing around and having fun.

Just caught this... so what you're saying, Llok, is you have a role since you're not in the game dancing around and having fun as we've seen you previously do? Most curious, I'm wondering which role it is now.
  • Huh.

I'm having lots of fun...
    Minarael said:
    Llok's lynching attempt was born more out of his personality than any real evidence of guilt
    People just don't like my personality :(
  • Nnng. Dat post.

At this point, you boxed yourself into needing to prove you have a power role. If you are, then I guess yay, we have more trustworthy folk. If you're not, then you are either a Rellyw gone mad or a baddie.

• At least not in Mafia games, Llok. :P You confuse people. 

You make our internal scum radar bounce all over. :(
    imageimage
    Aryanne