Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Teani said:
    Xenia said:
    It was not meant to be some crazy Role claim, simply people keep saying the Rellyw need to try and communicate together, etc. etc. 

@Aryanne: The above thing is what I was referring to when I said I could relate to what she was saying. Not defending, relating to what someone is saying, as in being a bit confused about what to do to help. Especially since she was referring back to Llok's post being the most accurate to describe why she had thought of claiming anything. Se below:

Llok said:
    Re: Xenia - I'm not convinced her role claim is anything more than claiming to be Rellyw to Moirean in order to establish an alliance and get some guidance. 

Also note that Demarcus points at three people in his post (Daskalos, Xenia and Meskhenet) and I question why only Daskalos was on the scumside of his radar and not the other two, not only Meskhenet.

Edit: Sorry sorry sorry for editing, but the quote boxes screwed up the format something awful. I have not edited any words!
    As I mentioned, I know more from my analysis of who not to vote for than who to vote for. Also, you didn't ask anything other than why I didn't find "them" in a Conclave, and I already addressed that -- I'm not sharing my other percentages as to where I think they are. If this is a push to get me to reveal everything I know about everyone, it ain't happening. I've shared my analysis of Daskalos, which others seem to agree on the major points, and that is sufficient for now.

If you're just trying to drum up support against Meskhenet, I think you're right that it is possible she is Indorani and has been hanging back and only posting when necessary to vote and offering no analysis or input to the game other than to justify a vote, which is better than nothing. Daskalos, on the other hand, doesn't even justify a vote so much. So the same case can be made against Daskalos as against Meskhenet. It's the lack of substance to his post that make me feel the case against Daskalos is stronger than the case against Meskhenet.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

After watching and listening...

Unvote Kaeus

Vote Demarcus

(I don't know why it's going green :( )

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Uh, why? Listening to what, precisely? That just strikes me as a 'vote against the dude who is voting against me' move.
    imageimage
  • Diggin' that hole deeper, man.
    imageimage
    Demarcus
  • Honestly, I have just had to sit here and read all of this. New game, new roles, and everything is rather convuluted.

And yeah, I had a distracting weekend, and been working. Kind of forgot about the game to be honest.

You're right. Without being able to confirm any roles other than knowing that the Warden is talking to Moirean, we have nothing. Everyone looks suspicious, even myself.

I really do not want to vote, considering it would just be seen as hopping on a train to do so at this point. However, I will vote for someone who annoys me anyway.

Vote: Llok
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    After reading through the older posts, I find myself leaning with Teani and being a little confused. True, some of us do have jobs and I've said the same but there's something to be said about conviction. That being said, I remain open to hearing more about what the other people have to say about this and the reasons that make sense.
    VOTE: MESKHENET
  • Too many contradictions, Mesk. Inactivity is bad, be inactive. Want to vote when you have a good reason to, ignores every other argument for "Llok is annoying." Daskalos is almost as shady, but I think you're the better vote for now.

Vote: Meskhenet

• No defense for saying inactive people are annoying and then ending up doing it myself. If that is cause for lynching, go ahead.

Everyone has danced about the inconsistencies of Llok, and yet, when I decide to vote for him, it must mean I am the bad guy.

Got it.

• You said nothing about his inconsistencies. You said he was annoying. Whether that's true or not is moot, since you said 

Failquotetag
    I will vote when there is logic to do so.
    endfailquotetag

If you have no obvious logic, I would assume your logic is "Crap, I'm being targeted, who's the best bet to draw heat from me?" It's not that you voted for someone who was under suspicion before, but the context in which you did so.

I could maybe chalk your reasoning up to the indecisiveness of the game in general, but the timing of it, combined with everything else, makes you the best vote in my mind. Only marginally so, but still the best option when we are not going to be 100% certain this round, barring the Syssin descending from the heavens with a pointer finger of salvation.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Neither the Syssin nor the Jailer have contacted me. The vigilante and the Warden have, but I am getting REALLY frustrated at the fact that the other rellyw power roles seem determined to not work together.

The Jailer's anonymous message actually really sounds like it's Daskalos - he's stubborn and tries to push for things going his way just like that (<3?) - but if he's not going to work with us, I'd rather he get lynched and the power go to the Conscript who hopefully WILL work as a team player. Plus it'd mean the vigilante gets an extra shot.

Vote: Daskalos
    Xenia
  • Meskhenet said:
    No defense for saying inactive people are annoying and then ending up doing it myself. If that is cause for lynching, go ahead.

Everyone has danced about the inconsistencies of Llok, and yet, when I decide to vote for him, it must mean I am the bad guy.

Got it.

Saying the word inconsistencies and then not listing them is worthless
  • Now that I've had time to catch up on posts, read up on the rulings that people were arguing over, and waited for some responses: I think a good deal of us are hoping that we'll eventually have some assistance rather than letting the same people spin us around in circles like a damnable top. After all that's been said, I'm not finding myself convinced from a number of the players but @Daskalos has stuck out like a sore thumb. I feel like someone in his "position" wouldn't goad the rest of us with "you'll be sorry," but ALAS. I've found myself in agreement with Moirean.

• edited August 2013
    Well, I'm willing to go with the logic of the many, or really with Moirean who makes a solid point about the risk of him actually being a Rellyw power role. 

Vote: Daskalos (Edit for color) 

• Daskalos has the largest amount of votes right now with key noisy people saying he is naff and suspicious and yet refusing to vote for him... Make your own mind up.

Currently on the Daskalos express: Xenia, Haern, Moirean, Demarcus, Minarael, Kaeus, Aarbrok, Llok

Don't think I've missed anyone.

• Whoa, the thread has blown up. Alright, so it looks like we've got two people that are being voted on. Let's do this:

Mesk:

-First post of the game was to say that a no lynch is a bad idea. And that roleclaiming is a bad idea too because you'll be hunted down.

-Says that she was against no lynch for the sake of progress and that when she had time to figure out who to vote for the round was already over. That all the info we gained is that Moirean is likely a 'goodie' and that she will vote when there is logic to vote.

-Voted for desian because he's inactive and that weighs more than annoyance.

-Says everything is convuluted and had to sit and read everything. Had a distracting weekend and forgot about the game. Agrees with someone that we've got nothing without being able to confirm power roles, other than knowing the Warden is talking with Moirean. Says everyone looks suspicious including her and that she doesn't want to vote because that would be seen as hopping on a train so she votes for Llok who annoys her.

-Says that there is no defense for saying that inactivity is annoying and then being inactive herself. Says that everyone has 'danced' about Llok's inconsistencies and then when she decides to vote for him that makes her the bad guy.

Daskalos:

-First post of the game was to vote for a no lynch.

-Says he's still trying to figure it all out. That he voted for a no lynch because it seemed more likely to lynch a Rellyw than someone else. And wanted to see who the scum's going after to then decide on what to do.

-Voted for Llok because they can't coexist.

-Says that lynching him will be a mistake and whether we believe him or not we can't say that he didn't warn us.

-Says he's not a power role or a bad guy. That he's a rellyw and that he agrees with the stuff about Kaeus. Voted for Kaeus.

-Votes for Demarcus after 'watching and listening'

Just going back through the thread and re-reading stuff it seems to me that Mesk is trying to lay low. Although with her last post it sounds like she's giving up. When Daskalos actually decides to give logic it makes sense, the problem is that he doesn't do it all that often and that also makes it seem like he's laying low. Mesk at least tries to say why she's doing what she's doing when she does it. So for that I'm going to

Holy crap Xenia, your sig is extremely distracting when it's staring me in the face as I'm trying to think straight.
  • Add one more. I'll throw my hat in. I feel like he's sketchy too, and if I keep waiting to vote until we figure out what's going on, I'm not going to get to vote.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Unofficial Vote Count:

Daskalos  (10): Aarbrok, Demarcus, Haern, Jasline, Kaeus, Llok, Minarael, Moirean, Toz, Xenia
    Demarcus  (1): Daskalos
    Llok      (1): Meskhenet
    Meskhenet (4): Ilyon, Piper, Teani, Vharen,
    Teani     (1): Aryanne

Looking for votes from: Aldric, Periluna, Damonicus, Esper, Alexina

Sitting on a beach drinking a pina colada unable to vote: Macavity

Don't have coffee yet, so appologies for any errors. Unggghhhh...
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    this pina colada is the best!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Vote: Daskalos

• Yeah, sorry Daskalos. The vote against Demarcus is not an adequate defense against the accruing train. Though I do hope that Moirean is wrong; a team player would be great but having the conscript in case of a late-game disaster might be invaluable.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Daskalos: Why not explain what you've been hearing and seeing when listening and reading and voting for Demarcus? Just saying that and that it's a mistake to vote for you doesn't really help much. You've got approximately one vote (according to unofficial count) to make a good post with information that helps us.

Vote Meskhenet
    Vote Daskalos

• He's already at 13 (yours included), with 12 needed.

Moirean said:
    Neither the Syssin nor the Jailer have contacted me. The vigilante and the Warden have, but I am getting REALLY frustrated at the fact that the other rellyw power roles seem determined to not work together.

The Jailer's anonymous message actually really sounds like it's Daskalos - he's stubborn and tries to push for things going his way just like that (<3?) - but if he's not going to work with us, I'd rather he get lynched and the power go to the Conscript who hopefully WILL work as a team player. Plus it'd mean the vigilante gets an extra shot.

Actually, I don't think the Jailer's anonymous message sounded like Daskalos at all. Just my 2 cents.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Oh, I was still on the first day count, needing 14. Stupid me. Well, meh. Then it was a done deal anyway.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    **Yelling from outside the city**  Can I come back now???  Please?  Its cold out here!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • A message arrives, carried by one of the guardsmen: "Greetings Warden, this is your Jailer....I have locked up two people thus far and will lock another person tonight at random!  If you think you know who I am, send me a message and ask me which person you would like me to verify that was locked up and I shall.  I shall not reveal myself to no other as I do not trust Moirean and believe she is a Conclave...Down with the Indorani, and Down with the Conclaves who wish to dominate our poor Rellyw brethren!"

((That said, please put this thread on hold. I am counting votes and will post day results in the next hour or two.))

i am rapture coder
    Piper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Then, quite frankly, you're being stubborn and selfish, Jailer, and hindering us from working as a team.
  • Daskalos (12): Llok, Kaeus, Aarbrok, Minarael, Demarcus, Moirean, Haern, Xenia, Jasline, Toz, Damonicus, Esper, Teani
    Meskhenet (3): Ilyon, Piper
    Teani (1): Aryanne
    Demarcus (1): Daskalos
    Llok (1): Meskhenet

"Look at him."
    "His mace is too big."
    "He has too many artifacts."
    "No one with that many artifacts can be up to any good."
    "Hey, don't Ankyreans have artifacts?"
    "Yeeeeeah."

You haul Daskalos up one of the Basilica's pillars, and quickly find that owing to his prodigious, omnitransed skills and mass amounts of artifacts, a simple lynching does not deal enough damage to kill him. In the end, he obliges you by committing necrosis, and his remains form an ugly stain on the ground.

Daskalos has been necrotized. He was a rellyw.

Macavity returns from his scouting expedition.

It is now Round Six - Night.

i am rapture coder
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    And thus the death was regretted. Man certainly wasn't lying about that. 
  • A voice rings out through the darkness: "Yall need to start coordinating, pardners, or I may find myself making some shots into the dark tonight. There. I've said my piece."

i am rapture coder