Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• Ah, I completely  missed the one time you did actually vote on the second page. Out of 14, that's not too terrible.

Yes, I am swayable by sound logic. I like to discuss things, I am willing to take risks, I'm also willing to play devil's advocate and sort things out aloud to progress the discussion. That doesn't make me scum. 

So, one vote to kill nobody. Lots and lots of pretty useless chatter. Including commentary about drinks, but not much in line with pushing the game forward. Pretty sound strategy for scum.
    imageimage
  • Well this is awkward. I'd happily vote for either one of you but don't want to side with either one of you :(
  • Well. While you two are battling it out, I think I'll stick with my vote from round 2.

VOTE: Meskhenet

• Tentatively:

Vote: Meskhenet
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Could we at revisit the reasoning behind voting for Meskhenet before just casting votes? You know, the whole not voting for someone without some sort of logic or reasoning...

Also, @Macavity , in some of your points about Minarael, did you even read the posts or keep them in context? Like when Mina votes for Meskhenet and you're suggesting Mina was hoping to start a bandwagon? The point of that vote I'm fairly sure was to get Meskhenet talking.

And if that's the reasoning behind Ilyon and Llok's votes, cool, have at it. Just trying to figure out why we're voting for someone.
  • He really didn't seem to read them, or put them into context very well, which is why I wasn't defending myself much against it. I think the diatribe of mostly fluff pretty much speaks for itself.

As for Meshkenet, there has been some discussion about her potential guilt from Vharen and I earlier. Not sure if their reasoning is the same as ours, though.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2013
    I've made arguments about Meskhenet earlier, it hasn't really improved since then, so I'll go back to my vote against her until something better appears.

Vote Meskhenet

Edited for color

• Meh. Yea, Meskhenet is still on my guilty list, even though I think Macavity has a stronger case currently. I'll switch my vote to Meskhenet to keep things moving forward.

Unvote: Macavity
    imageimage
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    If anything Ilyon should be your vote since he just voted for Mesk without any thought to it at all.  And then Llok jumped on that train VERY quickly which makes me believe that they are working together on the same side..

UNVOTE: Minarael

VOTE: Ilyon
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Jasline said:

Whoa, the thread has blown up. Alright, so it looks like we've got two people that are being voted on. Let's do this:

Mesk:

-First post of the game was to say that a no lynch is a bad idea. And that roleclaiming is a bad idea too because you'll be hunted down.

-Says that she was against no lynch for the sake of progress and that when she had time to figure out who to vote for the round was already over. That all the info we gained is that Moirean is likely a 'goodie' and that she will vote when there is logic to vote.

-Voted for desian because he's inactive and that weighs more than annoyance.

-Says everything is convuluted and had to sit and read everything. Had a distracting weekend and forgot about the game. Agrees with someone that we've got nothing without being able to confirm power roles, other than knowing the Warden is talking with Moirean. Says everyone looks suspicious including her and that she doesn't want to vote because that would be seen as hopping on a train so she votes for Llok who annoys her.

-Says that there is no defense for saying that inactivity is annoying and then being inactive herself. Says that everyone has 'danced' about Llok's inconsistencies and then when she decides to vote for him that makes her the bad guy.
    Holy crap Xenia, your sig is extremely distracting when it's staring me in the face as I'm trying to think straight.
    Figured that was about as good of a summary as possible, for those that care and don't want to go back over the last 14 pages trying to pick out the arguments against Mesk. Most are on page 12 though, if you want them all in context. Illyon's original post for his previous day round's vote against Mesk is on page 11 near the top.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Syssin can you please PM what your investigation verdict was on the 2nd night? We already know who it was for.

This train starting against Meskhenet is pretty darn fishy, given that we have some REALLY suspicious evidence from the night round that everyone is ignoring.

The Conclaves role switched on someone. Then THAT SAME CONCLAVE sent one member of that pair off on a research trip. To me, that sounds like they were trying to cover their bases and avoid day/night attacks against one of their own. IMHO, one of those two are likely guilty. In addition, glossing over this info and diving into a train suggests that AT LEAST one of these bandwagoners is also guilty.

Now, the question is do we want to lynch a Conclave member yet? IMHO Indorani are still top priority, so we should be looking at members of this quickly building train first. 
    Vote: Minarael

She's part of this forming train and she's been fairly against suggestions I've been making over the course of the game. Not only that, she then claimed Macavity was guilty for not trusting me...when she made like 3 posts herself saying that I can't be trusted. That sort of evasive hypocrisy is very scummy.
    Demarcus
  • I didn't claim Macavity was guilty -just- for not trusting you. It was a whole pile of reasons. That was included. 

I have made posts questioning your claim, yes. 

I've supported and been against suggestions you've made.

imageimage
  • I really don't think I've been very evasive at all, either. o.O I pretty much post whatever thoughts crop up, which is why I post frequently. It's pretty easy to follow my train of logic through the course of this. That includes distrusting everyone who isn't me, since everyone who isn't me might be scum. Especially and including people who are claiming they should be the focal point for coordination. I think you've done plenty to verify your trustworthiness since your initial claim, but it was certainly worth questioning early on.
    imageimage
  • there's a whole lot of pages to back through and I'm still looking through them all. Once I get done doing that I'll post on my thoughts, maybe vote and stuff like that. I've had a busy weekend so there's a bunch for me to catch up on.
    Aryanne
    Moirean is absolutely right. Minarael is suspicious on the Macavity vote, and despite feeling Macavity is a stronger case than Meskhenet, switches votes? Instead of pushing for the person you feel is more guilty? Sounds like someone is in a hurry to get to the night round and is mostly indiscriminate as to who dies. This Day Round hasn't been going THAT long that, but we need to "keep things moving"?

Vote: Minarael
  • Yea? There has been considerably less posting and I find both of them to be guilty. I said Mesk seemed guilty before I voted for Macavity. I see absolutely nothing wrong with switching my vote to a person I think is guilty when nobody seems to agree with my assessment of Macavity.
    imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I don't know I still think the lackadaisical posts from Macavity seem a bit more suspicious than Minaraels actions, this whole gallavanting nature walks and eagerness to jump in the fray and toss his vote around.  Something about it all still rubs me the wrong way, as much as I am torn between him and Minarael, I need to go with my gut feeling on this, as much as I agree with Moirean..im gonna follow my gut on this....

VOTE: Macavity
  • Trying to catch up with everything, and here are my thoughts:

Mina seems somewhat aggressive, but she doesn't strike me as evasive or overly against anything the moderately-confirmed-rellyw-Moirean has said to me. I get Moi's point, but considering last round when Mina got all trampled over for being aggressively calling for then-scummy-me, her bahaviour doesn't strike me as anything out of the Mina-ordinary.

Meskhenet doesn't seem to have said much in awhile (or did I miss it skimming back?) But what she -had- said before does grate on my scum-senses, so generally I am in agreement with that spidey-sense.

Macavity: He does seem a bit... off. However, since he was sent out a-rovin' last round, I imagine he's at least probably not in THAT conclave. I can't imagine them sending one of their own away from vote-train assisting this early in the rounds. I realize it -could- be a ploy to that end, but I suspect it is not.

As Moirean pointed out, I'm a little O.o that no one else has been discussing last night's discoveries. They're pretty much the only -reliable- evidence we have about anything, and everyone's just arguing based mostly on "but he makes me feel funny! And sometimes her opinions change!" While this is -normally- the best we have to go on, in this case we have so much more, lets use it a little bit better, yeah?

Also: @Moirean - I didn't notice you mentioning who the syssin sniffed at. Did you actually say and I'm blind, or are you not saying so you know the real syssin when you get their message?

• As for the Conclave thing, I don't think either one would likely be targeted in the day by the vigilante, so the primary thing sending either out would do is eliminate their vote. This gives a fairly insignificant boost to the percentage of votes the Conclave have if the person going out is not one of theirs, and it prevents their person from having to put a vote on record for that round.

Weighed against the enormous finger they should know it's going to point at a person, I would say the advantages wouldn't be worth the risk of targeting a member of the conclave if I was planning for them. I would opt for picking someone not in the Conclave at random, and then not focus anyone like that for a few rounds to build the suspicion.

Also looking back, unless Omei changed his procedure, there was no hit attempt on Haern. Nothing at all about him being attacked like there was in yours. That means the Indorani hit the Experiment, their Summoner, or voted NoLynch. Experiment seems the most likely option.

Either Piper or Haern could very well be guilty regardless, but it's hard to jump where the Conclave is pointing and feel good about it.

As for the current trains...

I really have no desire to let Meskhenet slip through quietly again. Her tendency to be quiet once the attention seems to be shifting irks at me. Combined with everything I said before, I find her pretty guilty.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Aarbrok said:
    I don't know I still think the lackadaisical posts from Macavity seem a bit more suspicious than Minaraels actions, this whole gallavanting nature walks and eagerness to jump in the fray and toss his vote around.  Something about it all still rubs me the wrong way, as much as I am torn between him and Minarael, I need to go with my gut feeling on this, as much as I agree with Moirean..im gonna follow my gut on this....

VOTE: Macavity
    the only reason I was making the posts that I was, was to keep the thread from going dead.  It seemed a few times that it was doing that and thus I wanted to keep it going and not lose steam.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • For the record, I love the phrase 'Mina-ordinary'. 

Also, I remember why I discounted the night round stuff. It's sort of obvious guilt action, and I distrust those. I'm more prone to examining how a person talks and acts and judging that then contrived power use stuff. 

imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Macavity said:
    If anything Ilyon should be your vote since he just voted for Mesk without any thought to it at all.  And then Llok jumped on that train VERY quickly which makes me believe that they are working together on the same side..

UNVOTE: Minarael

VOTE: Ilyon

Stuff like this, the imposing of votes, suggesting...it comes off to me as structuring for something else, I would never impose how I feel upon another person, because I feel people should make their own cases for how things should be handled.  Sadly, I am not a fingerpointing or blame sort, if you are truly innocent as you claim you are the I offer my apologies in advance.  I however am going to stick to my feelings in the way you are pointing out things is only solidifying it.
    We aren't revealing the Syssin sniffs right now.
    Also, the Indorani hit Haern. He was jailed, however, and survived.
  • So far for me, nothing in any of these past rounds have been going steadily. We've lynched 2 of our own, skipped a round of lynching. Had no actual evidence of anyone doing anything besides slight framing others. One may or may not innocent,  trains that really make no sense and we have maybe half the actual activity of the whole game.  We lynched someone fo nnot talking, we've lynched someone for being "stubborn",  now the lynchings are headed towards someone starting with "M". Withholding my vote until better evidence comes around.

Ahaha I busted out laughing RL. There totally is some M hate going on.
    Anyways, I think this is just slow-going. We're getting names and info on people and definitely have some strong Conclave suspects. The tricky part with the 4 factions is that we need to take out the Indorani first, ideally, and there are FAR fewer of them. 
  • Now the question is do we want to take a shot in the dark and get rid of someone who may be an Indorani, may be a conclave, may be a rellyew, or should we remove those that are not progressing the game enough and have some fun. (Post once a day, I do not even care if you quote cat in the hat, at least show you are reading this thread :P)

• [the Cat is looking at a photo]

The Cat: Humina, humina, humina! Who is this?

Conrad: That's my mom.

[pause]

The Cat: Awkward.

Setne