Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    @Kaeus: As I said, we have a pool of people who could be Indorani - obviously this isn't going to be 100%, but it's the best we can get right now. From this pool, I'm just picking the quiet people to help get this game progressing. The fact that you did immediately reply makes it clear that you ARE here and just aren't interested in contributing publicly. Either that is because you have a background role or the game doesn't interest you - either way, sounds like a lynch is a good idea?

More generally, we can get this potential Indorani pool down smaller if the rest of the rellyw power roles contact me AND the Conclaves work somewhat with us for right now. Eg, devotion only frames himself to not muddle Syssin investigations. As for the experiment, I'd say shroud yourself, since if magic blocks someone and your conclave gets a kill from the imbalance that creates (it'll open up a kill right?), we'll be able to see who you block and announce who that Conclave member is without you having to reveal yourself. Also if science finds an Indorani OR a rellyw, post anonymously about it, since the wildcard will be showing up as rellyw atm.

Edit was to put an @ to kaeus in there.
  • omg, Minarael has posted a whole friggin bunch in this whole thread. So this may be a little lengthy. I've already done one for Mesk a bit back and I don't think that's changed all that much, if any. So I'm not going to do hers again. So let's see we've got Minarael, Kaeus and Meskhenet all being voted for.

Kaeus:

-First post was to ask if we should vote for Desian.

- Says he's quiet because he was on a work trip and had not had time to analyze the posts yet.

- Doesn't want to argue with people and has not had the time to fully keep up with things because he just got back from his trip. Didn't vote last time because he had not clue who to vote for and didn't really care for the no lynch vote. So he voted for Daskalos because Dask voted for him.

- Says that he's still lost in the game. He's going to keep his vote and see what happens. Says it's still early in the game and he's still new to mafia games so he doesn't have much confidence voting until later in the game if he makes it that far.

- Says that he couldn't tell if the Dask train was just a train or the bad guys taking an opportunity to push a rellyw kill.

- Says he's mostly a lurker because he still has no idea who the bad guys are and that everyone has been throwing around the blame. He's hanging back and watching the conversation to try to pick out a possible scum suspect in it.That he isn't going to throw out a vote for someone randomly and that there's only about 5 people actually talking, unless all the M names have run together after a while.

- Disagrees with Moirean on what he said earlier about why he does what he does. That being silent also has no indication on whether a person is innocent or not but he might as well take a stab in the dark and that he's terrible at judging people this early on in the game. Voted for Ilyon.

- Says that people can't possibly have an assessment of him other than being boring or 'not progressing the game.' He apologizes for being quiet and that the back and forth has no strong basis for making a solid judgement. Implies that he's Rellyw and that he doesn't mind at this point because it's just the same type of game he was expecting it to be.

Mianrael:

- First post was to say that picking someone at random to lynch is a bad idea. She's on the fence about a no lynch and also recognizes that it's hard to have a good lead so early on in the game.

- Says that logic trails are necessary and that's why we want people to talk and not edit posts. Says there's a decent chance to hit a rellyw and that we'll get more info from people pointing fingers than from people saying nothing.

-Voted for Aren due to bandwagoning without explaining why. So not contributing to the discussion but voting = icky.

-lists the pros and cons of a no lynch vs. a lynch. Leaning more towards no lynch but still keeping her vote.

-Wants to hear from these quiet people: Aryanne, Kaeus and Daskalos.

-Another post on no lynch being a bad idea because we get the info from the talking about who to lynch, etc. So she's going to stick with her vote for Aren because we need to vote. The more she thinks about a no lynch the more she doesn't like it.

- Agrees with Teani's logic that it would be better to have a no lynch vote instead of Omei picking someone off at random. Voted for No lynch.

- Compliments the jailor on a good pick due to the failed indo night round lynch. They tried to off Moirean.

- Compliments Moirean on being popular.

- Voted for Meskhenet because she thinks shining a spotlight on the quiet ones is a good plan.

- Says that there is a lot of convoluted logic in Llok's posts. Defense of another player makes her antsy. Quiet people are problematic due to the fact that we need people talking to possibly get a read on their motives and thought patterns. People who are active reading the thread and not posting are suspect. As well as people who have been mouthy and then suddenly going quiet. She doesn't want to assume Moirean is innocent just because the jailer put her in jail although she is probably innocent due to the fact that she's advocating the no lynch  which only serves the rellyw. She put her in the probably safe list.

- Says that Daskalos seems suspicious for the reasons mentioned by Llok and that Piper has been talking a fair amount.

- Thinks the train on Llok was poorly started but his take on the events is not quite accurate. Says he instigates a lot of 'baffling' and 'useless discussion.' Says that she's in favor of training on Llok to keep things moving in a good way and that she agrees wtih Vharen that he's been quieter than normal. Voted for Llok instead of Mesk.

-Thinks that put the train on the half way point for votes.

- Thinks that the warden's message about the night actions was very vague.

- Gets into an argument with Llok about him being a distraction and contradictory.

- Agrees with Esper that inactive players are an advantage to the scum and voted for Desian instead of Llok.

- Says that we maybe should have offed Llok when Desian turned out to be the Conscript.

- Says that at least we screwed in the least painful way.

- Actually agrees with Llok and thinks that Daskalos' defense was lame. Thinks the anon msg from the warden is curious and not sure what we can do with that info as it's not all that clear.

- Says she needs to go back re-look at everything.

- Says she has been fairly silent recently because she's been thinking everything over. Says that Xenia's comment was silly and that she's more likely to be either a conclave or a rellyw. That Llok's lynching attempt was more because of his personality than any real evidence of guilt. That Daskalos' response was lame and that his voting with no commentary is curious. That there's no clear direction to take at this moment.

- Says that Llok makes peoples' internal scum radar go off in mafia games.

- Not convinced that it's worthwhile to vote for Xenia and that Dask has triggered all sorts of bells and so she voted for Daskalos.

- Agrees that we shouldn't be lynching people just for being quiet even though quiet people has the potential to stall the game.

- Doesn't agree that we don't have much info to go on. Agrees that the power roles are complicated although she has suspicions on a number of people based on their behavior. Thinks people are being paralyzed because there is no certainty and that there isn't going to be any. That we have to take risks to win. She voted for Dask because he's been actively reading the thread and not saying much. He's jumped on trains with not much logic and his defense was ridiculous. There's a few other people on her list but she's going to stick with her vote for Dask until he gets lynched or someone else presents strong logic against someone else.

-Asks Daskalos why he voted for Demarcus about what he has been listening to. Says it looks like he's voting for Dem because he voted for Dask.

- Questions on if Moirean's role really has been  verified. Says that if she were a conclave member that she'd be doing the same thing Moirean has been doing about trying to get people to  roleclaim to her to get coordinated to kill the indorani and then the other conclaves before wiping out the rellyw. Agrees that we need to work together and that demands are not the way to help the situation.

- Clarifies about her earlier post that she didn't say that Moirean should reveal names and that's the only thing so far that suggests her innocence.

- Emphasizes that we need to work together and that yelling doesn't inspire her to trust.

-Says she hasn't been suspicious of Moirean since she was targeted by everyone. That she will go back to examine her logic trail and that yelling is not the right tactic.

- Says we've gotten lucky during the night rounds and that we seem to be our own worst enemy so far.

- Says that during the night rounds we've not had two kills because of jailer picking the right person and the conclaves don't have a kill yet and that we could be in worse shape.

- Doesn't agree that just suggesting someone might be worth looking at makes you a suspect yourself behavior. Makes a sarcastic remark about doing nothing in the game will resolve it. Says she's still looking at Mesk but in reviewing the thread one person has been sticking out to her as suspect. Says that Macavity hasn't voted, although he's been talking a lot, making pointless comments, bickering against solid ideas, questioning rules, made a big deal out of being sent out on a scouting mission so he couldn't vote and that he pointed a finger at Moirean after it had been established that she was probably safe. Voted for Macavity.

-Says she missed the one time he did vote which was on the second page of the thread. Says that she is sway-able by sound logic, likes to discuss things and is willing to play devil's advocate to progress the discussion so that doesn't make her scum. Gives her summary of Macavity's activity and concludes it's a pretty sound strategy for scum.

- Says that Macavity didn't seem to read her posts too well or put them into context when talking about them. Says that his fluff diatribe speaks for itself. Says that there has been some talk about Mesk being guilty from both her and Vharen earlier in the thread and doesn't know if Llok's or Ilyon's reasoning for voting for Mesk is the same.

- After more people vote for Mesk she agrees that Mesk is still on her list and will switch votes to keep things moving forward. Voted for Mesk.

- Says that she doesn't think Macavity is guilty just because of not trusting Moirean. That there was a whole pile of reasons she voted for him that was included. Agrees she has made posts questioning Moirean's claim of being a rellyw and that she has supported and been against various suggestions Moirean has made.

- Says that she doesn't think she's been very evasive and posts whatever thoughs crop up and that's why she posts so friggin' much. That it's pretty easy to follow her lines of logic and that she thinks Moirean has done plenty to verify her trustworthiness since the initial rellyw claim. And states that is was worth questioning early on in the game.

- Stated that Mesk has seemed guilty to her before she voted for Macavity and that she sees nothing wrong with switching her vote to another seemingly guilty person since everyone disagreed with her about Macavity.

- Says that she would rather vote for someone based off their posts and acts rather than just going off the night round reports of activity.

- Says that lack of activity from a large portion of the game makes thins go sluggishly. That in the process of sorting out who could be potential conclave she had a realization that we have no risk of them turning on us as long as they can't kill and it's not in their best interests to keep off the rellyw while hunting down the other factions so she's had to start over on her thinking. Says that trying to go for people as being possible Indorani is a better way to do things, rather than trying to figure out who is conclave. Asks Moirean who she suspects and that if there's a reasonable likelihood of success that she'll back it.

- Clarifies that her previous post was to say Why we'd want to avoid conclaves and that she agrees with Moirean. States that at first she was thinking that they'd go for the other conclaves first and then she remembered that they also need to kill off the rellyw to win.
  • Oh good it worked. I was worried about the post limit there. So it looks to me that we have a talker vs. a quiet person. While I agree that the quiet people are not necessarily the bad guys there's a good chance that they could be a bad guy laying low. From Kaeus' more recent posts it sounds like he's pretty much given up which is not fun at all. Mina has been actively defending herself against the fingers pointed at her and reading through her posts again it does seem like she switches votes a lot but she does put forth her logic for doing so.

And there's a correction in one of the mina summaries above: It should read that she says that she hasn't been very evasive. Have not been evasive is what she posted. I commonly miss a word at times when I'm typing a lot. Sorry about that, I try to catch them all when they happen. And in the future I may stop doing the summaries if they are going to continue to be so friggin' long of a post.

@Kaeus if you don't want to play anymore I'll throw a vote your way but I don't want to vote for you just for that. He seems more like a rellyw to me.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2013
    Now Ilyon's got me all self-conscious about voting, so I'm going to hold to Moirean's words and 

Unvote Meskhenet

But not place a vote, because heaven forbid, I might be posting after someone and that might make me suspicious. Instead I'm going to go through all the pages again and see if I can figure something out.

For the color, again.

• I...I just don't have time to devote into tracking all that down like Jasline did, especially when I'm just a vanilla Rellyw role. Feel free to lynch me, or use my vote to help your own cause Moirean. Up to you!
  • A few thoughts:
    @Jasline: I appreciate the effort you're putting into summarizing the posts. It's probably best to go back and skim through the posts afterward anyway to get some more context, but you're clearly putting a lot of work in.

@Moirean: I'm a little unclear why, under your plan, the Conclaves would want to identify themselves to you, being that ultimately we'll be working against them? Wouldn't that be the equivalent of tossing in the towel?

I'm not saying they should identify themselves. I'm saying they should let us work to identify the Indorani. Devotion and Experiment are both passive skills not seen by the Warden.
  • @periluna: You still with us??

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    might not be....KILL HER!!!!  JK
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • @kaeus Role doesn't matter when tracking posts down? I shouldn't have that much time but work has been a bit slow and it still takes a few hours at least in between answering the phone and stuff to get the summaries written down.

@esper You're right about the context. Thanks.

I still don't know who to vote for though. I don't want to keep on with the way we have been because we've just been good at lynching our own. So I don't want that to continue. Hmm.. I guess it's back to looking through the posts again.
  • Dang, I talk too much.

After watching Kaeus' response and considering Moirean's explanation, I think it's worthwhile to vote for him. I'm not sure how we've come to the conclusion that Mesk is probably innocent though, aside from some people just floating that as a general idea with no backing that I've seen.

Unvote: Meskhenet (I think?)
    Vote: Kaeus
    imageimage
  • Does someone have a tally of the votes so far?

• If no one else has by then, will provide one tomorrow once I have gotten some sleep.

i am rapture coder
  • I think Alexina is potentially Indorani.

Active just enough to not be called inactive. Inactive just enough to not draw attention to herself. Just get a vibe.

As for these votes so far, some interesting things:
    - People seem to be resigning themselves to the vote.
        - That means people aren't committing because they're unsure who they're voting for.
        - But they are committing because they're sure it doesn't hurt their own interests.

This is due to us having nothing concrete to go off yet. It's a pretty odd life so far and at this point luck will play the deciding factor in how this all pans out.

I don't particularly want to vote for Kaeus BUT I won't withhold a vote from him as I have no reasonable grounds to suspect him of innocence so

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I think everyone is potentially Indorani/Conclave. It's suspicious if you're too vocal, it's suspicious if you're too quiet, and be damned, it's suspicious if you're somewhere in the middle.
    Aryanne
  • No, I don't agree with that at all.

People who are to quiet are being voted off for adding nothing to the game. As you can't get a read on them they're being culled so we actually have something to work with.

People who are loud have more suspicion yes, but not really are they viewed as Indorani automatically.
    Llok said:
    I think Alexina is potentially Indorani.

Active just enough to not be called inactive. Inactive just enough to not draw attention to herself. Just get a vibe.

As for these votes so far, some interesting things:
    - People seem to be resigning themselves to the vote.
        - That means people aren't committing because they're unsure who they're voting for.
        - But they are committing because they're sure it doesn't hurt their own interests.

This is due to us having nothing concrete to go off yet. It's a pretty odd life so far and at this point luck will play the deciding factor in how this all pans out.

I don't particularly want to vote for Kaeus BUT I won't withhold a vote from him as I have no reasonable grounds to suspect him of innocence so

wait you start out talking about you think Alexina is Indorani, but then vote for Kaeus??  How does that not sound odd!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited August 2013
    I am still here. Working 40+ hours a week plus being a full time, single mom of a 5 year old boy and a 6 month puppy has me pooped. That said, I have been paying attention. Almost certain Macavity is Indorani or a member of one of the Conclaves. Only about 60% sure on that though. Alexina and Meskhenet are also making my scum detectors go off as is Teani. Just not sure where I place them. Most likely not Indorani, but maybe. Honestly, my list of Rellyw I am more sure about but it's a short list. The only person I am almost positive is scum is Kaeus but I'm not sure if he's Indorani or Conclave so I'm holding off my vote until I get off work.
  • On my phone and it posted funny. Sorry! Didn't mean to edit. Habit.
  • Have fun lynching another Rellyw!
  • I really am still highly suspicious of Teani. Mostly because of how initially she seemed to defend and then target Mesk.

That said: There's been talk of "try to be sure we kill the Indorani and not the Conclaves!" Now, I totally understand this, since as rellyw we don't want to threaten ourselves with night kills. Pretty much the only people we can reliably say "aren't indorani" are the people the indorani have targeted to kill-axe at night, so, I guess we can avoid lynching them for now, but other than "don't kill these couple of people" I really don't understand how anyone can think someone is specifically conclave vs indorani.

Did I misunderstand the winning objectives? I thought, basically, the indorani and the conclaves have the same objective, "kill everyone else". This would mean that, in forum land, they'll really all be playing the same way, right? I mean, the indorani probably don't want conclave members killed off right away, either, since that would put themselves in harm's way at night just like the rest of us, but they don't know who's who anymore than us, right?

Re Moi's call for Conclaves to assist with night actions: I don't see why on earth the conclaves would agree to this. I don't know how you could KNOW they were doing it, so assuming they are seems unwise. Added to: if they actually did this, it would clearly show who ISN'T in their conclave, making who is a fairly simple process of elimination, (which I'm sure they've already realized otherwise I wouldn't point it out here). So, ya'll,in future night rounds, please don't assume conclaves are only using actions on not-their-members, because it will undoubtedly get -us- f'ed up by miss-assumptions.

I'm not entirely sure what the point I'm trying to make here is aside from: I think Teani is suspicious but don't know what kind of suspicious, and I really don't think there's anyway for me to know.

VOTE: TEANI

Why wouldn't they do it? They have 3 people in each Conclave. That's a very small number, so pretty hard to figure out who they are just through elimination of who stuff wasn't used on - but if they do something like block a role for their opposing Conclave, us rellyw can find out and announce it and that helps them out. It's mercenary.

But whatever. I'm getting sick of having to write 50-page posts explaining stuff over and over. Hell, some people still think I'm Conclave. Can we please just lynch someone and get to a night round so we have more clues to work with?
  • So, I reread through this thread to try and get a better grip of what to go for. The Desian train, while understandable, was quite a quick response, which always worries me when people jump one one name so quickly both from people who had and had not voted by that point.

Also, have I just missed it or has Toz not really chimed in yet either?

I have a few weird feelings about a few people, but I want to go over their stuff before pointing fingers.
  • As I posted (both in this thread and the last), I don't chime in unless there's some point to be advanced. Nobody is advancing any points, and they're doing instead the equivalent of running a rave over the top of whatever trail in the dirt has been left for us. Everyone is so frantic to sling blame away from themselves and onto others that there truly isn't much point in listening to anyone except Moirean, who is (at least in my opinion) fairly obviously who she says she is. If the warden is reporting to her, along with the other rellyw power roles? Good enough for me. When you all figure out how to quit chasing each other's tails and settle in with some actual logic from someone beyond frantic 'AMG NO DON'T LYNCH ME LYNCH <spins the magic wheel o' blame>', and we settle down and welcome rational evaluation, I'm going to continue keeping quiet, read, and watch - it serves no purpose to get involved in this except to attract attention and become the next lynchgoat.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Hey, I was pointing out back on page 3 that the Conclaves should work together with us to get rid of the Indorani, something that Moirean is pushing for now because it hasn't happened. If I was Indorani, would it really be a smart thing to push for cooperation against myself? If I was Conclave, wouldn't I have already pushed my own to cooperate in some way without compromising my group even before Moirean asked for it? I'm no scum.

Also, I'm not completely sold on Kaeus being scum, even though Moirean seems to believe so.

• Ilyon: (2) Macavity, Kaeus
    Meskhenet: (1)  Llok,
    Kaeus: (4) Moriean, Demarcus Ilyon, Mina
    Macavity: (1) Aarbrok
    Teani: (1) Aryanne

I think I am right with the numbers,

I have Vharen down for Meskhenet too.

Also, would like to point out that Minarael is on my suspicious list. I'll sort through some more things after sleep.

how many is needed to lynch?  I do not believe that was pointed out in the last message from @Omei
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

- My very first post in this thread was saying that the Conclaves should tentatively work with us.

- For, like the 5th time, I'm not saying that I know Kaeus is scum. I'm saying he's been quiet and he's in the potential Indorani pool. Obviously this list is still pretty big, so odds are he's not scum.

- Could the rest of the rellyw power roles PLEASE CONTACT ME. This is the last time I'm going to ask - after this, if you get trained, I'm going to railroad that thing to the station even if you roleclaim, because this is frustrating.