Mafia: Lifers vs Darkies

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Alright, alright. I sounds so flippy floppy but..

Unvote: Esper

Vote:Valenae

• Ugh. Fine.

VOTE: ESPER

VOTE: VALENAE
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Back. Reading thread now.
    Minutes drag into hours and hours into....really? Just one day? Holy unicorns, paranoia must make time dilate. 

Fingers are pointed and accusations rapidly thrown out. One man passes out from exhaustion and another quickly steps in to takes his place in the debating crowd. However, as the sun begins to set on the crowd gathered at Four Corners, the voices begin to dwindle down into low mutters.

"Valenae," someone grumbles. "She's sketchy."

There's a low murmur of assent from the crowd.

"Yeah!" someone else pipes up. "She turned me into a vampire!"

"....She did?" a skeptical bystander asks, eying the person suspiciously. One hand tightens into a lynching-fist.

The claimant gulps and stubbornly replies, "I got better!"

The crowd collectively grunts as the accusation is weighed. Valenae herself doesn't seem to duck the charge and instead just lifts her chin and stares outwards at the crowd, as if inviting them to come at her.

So they do.

Within seconds, the crowd has swarmed her. Somewhere in the thick of it, a chair is shattered and its broken leg scavenged as a jagged stake and, in an eyeblink, a member of the crowd - though you couldn't say which individual if pressed - darts forwards and impales her with the wooden spear. Instead of an expected spray of blood you'd see from stabbing a human (and the crowd really does seem to be expecting this), an oily cloud of crimson mist begins to seep out of her body as it rapidly starts to wither into a husk.

"Damnit," she mumbles, crumbling away.

"Holy unicorns!" someone whoops. "We got us a vampire!!!"

Valenae has been KILLED. She was a VAMPIRE.

It is now NIGHT ONE.

PM me with night actions. The night ends when I get all actions. Syssin and Daru actions are not included in this count, so if you want to act as one of them, do it ASAP to ensure I get your action.

You can post here during night.

Xenia
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:

"Holy unicorns!" someone whoops. "We got us a vampire!!!"

That'd be me.  Yeeehaaawww!
    Esper
  • Woo-woo! :D

• Like I said.

It's the quiet ones you've gotta watch.

i am rapture coder
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Talk about a nice turn there! Now to wait and see what happens.

• Mm. Best random vote ever.

MacavityPiperEzalorAngwePerilunaXeniaEsper
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited June 2013
    Omei said:
    Like I said.

It's the quiet ones you've gotta watch.
    "Yeah, well I bet while you're watching the quiet one, A LOUD ONE WILL ****IN' KILL YOU!"  -- George Carlin
    OmeiPiperAryanneTeaniPeriluna
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    This game die or something?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I want to complain about how long it's taking the night people to do their thing...  but since the rest of us took so long to do the day round, it'd be a tad hypocritical.

• It's the night round, Moi is probably waiting for some straggler votes.

Sorry, post INC.
    edited June 2013
    Night settled over the Beacon, a night so dark and so bleak that even poor Eahi was afraid to venture out into the streets. 

But..there were a FEW someones bold enough. 

"Man, this sucks," one hooded figure lamented as the small pack travelled down the deserted streets. "Lure's crap these days."

"Need us an Indorani," another member of the group replied, scowling. "Nothing beats hangedman. NOTHING."

"True story," a third member agrees. "These guys here? They can just backbreaker us into submission NONSTOP."

Hack. Slash. Bite. Blood. Owwies.

"Heh," the first member of the small party said. "Not anymore!"

Teani has been sucked dry.
    She was the Sentaari.
    Oh snap.

It is now DAY TWO.
    Have fun and be safe!

Setne
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Welp.
    :(

• well, I don't know if I get messages about being attacked or if I simply live through the night, however there was no notification that I was attacked. @Moirean can you confirm if there are save messages or not? 

Teani said:
    Hrm, not much of a record at the moment. I'll hop onboard.

VOTE: Macavity

Teani said:
    I like @Ezalor's reasoning. It makes a lot of sense.

Vote: Xenia!

Edited for color

Teani said:
    [Woah, it's difficult to keep up when being on a trip, working. First time playing the game and on irregular wifi connections, and lots of things to do all the time will make me slow to respond. I am checking the thread at least once a day, but might not have time for longer explanations. Just throwing that out there.]

I will keep my vote for now, mostly because I the back and forth tossing hasn't made me less suspicious, but also because I haven't found anyone else who I feel is more worthy of my lynch vote. At least not at this point.

Teani said:
    Unless Setne responds and asks not to be lynched (At which point I am counting on those with more frequent connections to act) I'll go ahead and follow Periluna's suggestion. Even if Setne is a citizen, not participating at all... yeah.

Vote Xenia

Vote Setne

Teani said:
    Being new to these things, I'd like to ask if we really should try to vote out one of the more active speakers, who makes sense even though being suspicious, at the very first round? Wouldn't it be better to see if we can get one of the less vocal players involved? I don't know if it's best to do this by voting on them or not, but considering the lack of certainty, I'd rather vote for a quiet one to see how they respond. Please give me some advice?

Teani said:
    Yeah, hope @Ezalor won't drop out, cause he's a vocal participant in the game who makes sense. There are several who hasn't said much at all and it would be nice to hear at least something from them other than a simple one liner.

I'll add my vote to Omei's to see if we can get a response.

Unvote Setne
    Vote Valenae

Looks like she was mostly bandwagoning, so I don't see any reason for anyone to particularly have a grudge against her, though I'm not good at digging these things out.
    The Luminary (and only the Luminary) gets a generic "something hit your shield, dawg" message if someone tries to attack him or her.
  • We still have no confirmation on whether Xenia is the Luminary or not. I hope our Daru hasn't forgotten the game exists. Our odds of a random lynch killing one of our scum are 29%, when rounding is accounted for. The night kill tells us very little about the vampires on first read. They struck out, apparently at random, and got lucky. However, drawing on my meta-knowledge of the game, this tells me that they aren't just reacting to events in the game; they didn't go for me, and they didn't go for any of the other people who are generating conversation, but struck for a bandwagoner. Maybe they'll get around to me later on - I don't know - but most scum in most games I've played would have avenged their own, and I think it's interesting that I'm not dead on day 2. My initial read of this situation is that they're choosing to avoid the more obvious targets in favor of ones that won't tip their hand too much.

i am rapture coder
    Omei said:
    However, drawing on my meta-knowledge of the game
    What is meta-knowledge?
  • Knowledge accrued from playing this game, a lot, in the past.

i am rapture coder
  • Huh, oh. I thought there was a forum-wide message about it, :-(

That aside, about Teani:

I.. am confused now. I would have expected the Vamps to go after a more vocal, ring-leading sort in the first night, not a seemingly random bandwagoner. I assume they're either trying to make the louder folks look more suspicious or made a very lucky coin-flip? I guess they could be trying to make bandwagoners look -less- suspicious by showing one of them as our own, but... I'm kinda betting on the lucky coin flip option.

(I just mean lucky in regards to picking a key role, obviously they knew they'd be hitting a townie)

Unless the vamps have powers of perception that I'm not aware of?

• @Aryanne: No. The vampires just got very, very lucky. They don't have any investigators on their side, although there are some variants of Mafia wherein they do. You're right in that they may be trying to cast suspicion on the louder folks; in a game with lively discussion and debate, it always pays to make that look more questionable. Also: they don't know for certain they're hitting a townie; it could be they end up hitting the Syssin instead. I hope that happens next round, to balance out this blow to the town.

i am rapture coder
  •  Well I was not attacked last night. I am the doctor, there have been no other counter claims, not sure what the Daru is up to. If you all are willing to accept my claim as the doctor, I would like to suggest a roll call in PM to myself. 

• @Omei Oh, right, I forgot about the syssin...

Well, so much for trying to get a feel for a new kind of game. Good luck people.

• @Teani: Thank you. Sorry you bit it so early, especially when you had a role and everything. That has to sting. :(

i am rapture coder
    XeniaArbre