Mafia: Lifers vs Darkies

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    That makes enough sense to me.  Don't we still have firebombs to drop?

VOTE: Esper
  • @Omei is far better with words than I am

VOTE: ESPER
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Okay.

Vote: Esper
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    VOTE: Esper
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited July 2013
    @Arbre, we have two firebombs, and neither of them have been deployed yet. It is my hope that the Daru is holding onto them until they're strictly necessary, although that may not necessarily be an optimal strategy given that the odds of them dying rise considerably each round. If the Daru died, the town would lose its sole remaining advantage.

Being as I think we're drawing near to a point where Daru firebombs may matter, I would like to post my list of potential scum. A consistent strategy often used in these games (forgive me if I sound condescending, but some of you are new to this game and may not be aware of meta convention) is to check who has consistently voted on each winning train. By comparing common names, you will usually find some of your scum. As such, the following names, in alphabetical order, colored in order of suspicion from green to yellow to red (except for my name; it's not really up to me to decide how suspicious I am!):

Angwe
    Arbre
    Esper
    Ezalor
    Iosyne
    Macavity
    Periluna
    Piper
    Omei

While I fully expect that our Daru will exercise their own judgment and logic in using their firebombs, I think now or in the next two rounds is an ideal time to hit potential scum. Let me know if I missed anyone.

i am rapture coder
    Ezalor
    yay @Omei does not see me as a threat!  yay!  heh
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Also, Macavity.

i am rapture coder
    damn.....
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Thanks for the reminder. :)

i am rapture coder
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Okay, so.

Am I the only one that thinks that Arbre looks kind of suspicious? Like the whole 'Has he even posted at all' comment when jumping the Ilyon train, a bit after Ilyon had posted to defend himself. I don't know. I just have a bad feeling about her.
    I'll be honest and say I don't blame people for being suspicious of me.  My attention on the game dropped severely while it had a hostile flair for a bit, and even though that's gone it's hard for me to get back into positive thinking about it.
    Periluna
  • Yes, I fell quiet: not only did I despair that Xenia got sniped, but no one was making arguments that I found were absurd.  The only statement I made was that I didn't think Ilyon was guilty, and you'll not that I didn't vote for him.
    It's probably too late to convince you all of my innocence, but hopefully when you see you're wrong you'll take my words into account posthumously: Arbre, Alexina, and Periluna have for most of the game jumped onto trains early, forcing a bandwagon to near completion.

So you know I'm serious, despite that I'm doomed, I

VOTE: Arbre

Voting for bre is srs bsns.
  • Sure is.

Are we stalled?

i am rapture coder
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Just looks like there's lots of people that're not interested in playing the game.
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Yeah, I admit my interest has been flagging a bit too. 
    Angwe
  • I think the only person who hasn't voted for me is @Piper (she has extenuating circumstances in why she hasn't participated); why the total votes necessary didn't go down is a mystery only @Moirean could answer, but since in this case it favors the town I won't complain.

I'd point out that Omei and Ezalor are in cahoots; but since they're the most eloquent (read: verbose, or possibly experienced) rhetoricians, we can't take that necessarily against them. @Omei pointed out that I've played this game before, but my personal experience is limited to one failed attempt on the modern forums which died, and several live action versions (similar to @Xenia), where roles are dealt out with cards.

This game hasn't died; the town can still win even though you've decided to string me up. Maybe it's taking longer than we'd like, and that's the reason the discussion slowed.

At this point, I'll point out that I noted that I didn't want to be the center of conversation very early, because it was turning into banter between @Ezalor and I. Part of why I stopped being so vocal EXCEPT WHEN I WAS ACCUSED was because I was trying to allow other people to participate. I'll again state that no one has made an argument that I was dramatically opposed to before I defended Xenia.

What it comes down to is that if you don't change your vote, the town will certainly lose. There are only nine players left; three of them are vampire's, one is the syssin. I don't know the win conditions on the syssin (they actually seem impossible to me...) but when I die, the town will be evenly divided between half us, half the enemy factions.

I know I probably gained enmity early on because I opposed Ezalor, and I'm probably doing nothing to convince y'all of my innocence now, but please look at my track record. I defended Xenia, and I was right. I didn't vote for Ilyon, and I was right.

I don't know that Arbre is a vampire, or any of the others that I accused. All I know is that I'm a townie. Please look at my record, and reconsider your vote. There are far more suspicious people than I am.

Of course, you all think I'm a vampire, so you're going to listen to the people who are trying to get you to murder me.

Don't listen to them.

• ...I'll also freely admit my math was based on @Omei's player list, not @Moirean's. I'm clearly not important (except that I've always been acting in the town's interest) if you consider that there are more votes than my previous post assumed.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I want to know if I am right. Finish the game! :<
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryanneDraiman
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Votes: 
    Esper: 6 (Ezalor, Omei, Arbre, Periluna, Iosyne, Macavity)
    arbre: 1 (Esper)

And yeah, I am bad at math, for some reason I thought there were 12 people left. So, considering that the game is stalling, I'm going to make the executive decision that Esper is long since dead!

-------

"Get him..." Someone muttered.

An absent hand limply waved in reply. "You get him..."

"Ugh, lynching is so much work. I'm tired."

"I GUESS I can do it," one person grumbled, lazily stumbling through the hot summer sun to fumble at the gallows (4 Corners has gallows, shaddup). "Hey...psst...Esper. Come here. Hey. Come on."

With little more than a gasp and a sigh, poor innocent Esper found himself strung up by a rather distracted mob - "So I heard muffins have been outlawed recently." "NO! The scandal!" - and quietly choked away until some kind Imp bothered to come around and cut him down. Her clumsy hands slipped, sadly, and she accidentally withdrew his nice, juicy heart from the warm corpse. Oopsie.

Oh hey. Vampires don't have hearts. Nor do they have bodies.

Whoopsie, looks like Esper was a Lifer!

Esper has been callously lynched.
    He was a Lifer.

Night 3, yo. Go.

Esper
    "Bleeding PIT," a voice grumbled, the cursing splitting the still night. A shadowy form staggered along an alley, hands absently swatting at brick walls as if to grab for some sort of leverage. No use and the figure continued to totter along.

"Gotta piss like a bleeding chaos hound," the voice muttered, fumbling at doors in what seemed to be a drunken search for an outhouse. A grunt. That's a trashcan. A grumble. That's a toolshed. A mutter. That's the same toolshed. Another grunt. That's the Luminary guildhall.

The figure paused, apparently debating the final choice as a suitable garderobe when another door slowly swung open. CREEEEAAAK. Six glowing red eyes peered out from the darkness.

"Bleeding Pit."

Piper has been turned into a Bloody Magi cocktail.
    She was a Lifer.

It is now DAY 4.

FIVE votes are needed for a lynch!
    Piper
    if you are the Zealot by all means, NOW would be a great time to fire at least one of those firebombs!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• This is looking really grim for us. I should have listened to Esper after all.

I'm sorry that my last few calls haven't been so great. I suppose I expected that after we got the early vampire in round one, the rest of the game would fall into place. It seems to me, though, like things are doing just the opposite. This game is slipping away from us, and so I think we need to act quickly.

My super-suspicious types include Iosyne and Angwe. Going in alphabetical order...

Vote: Angwe

I don't feel a pressing need to explain this one, but I'll do it anyway: Angwe has been very, very quiet throughout the game. Incredibly so. His sole contributions have been jumping on bandwagons without contributing much in the way of reasoning, and he has, without fail, been on every single bandwagon thus far, usually after a few other people have gotten it started. He did, at one point, say that he had 'no idea what [he was] doing', but I don't find that to be enough of a reason to off him. Quite the contrary, our scum have played very strangely this game, which falls perfectly in line with the behavior of a newbie player. I know my track record thus far hasn't been great, and if Angwe turns out to be a lifer, I won't blame you all in the least for finding me suspicious. Just give my recommendation one last shot, all right?

i am rapture coder
    "Trust me, guys," Omei urged, waving a fur-covered hand in entreaty. "Let's give things a try." She smiled. She sighed. She talked and it seemed like her words might be starting to sway the crowd.

Well.

Not ALL of the crowd.

"Unicorns this," someone muttered from the back of the group and then a sudden roar of fire exploded towards the Goddess. Within seconds, she was consumed, writhing in horrific pain - and instead of burning into ash, her body began to disperse, seeping outwards into an oily mist. Red-tinged eyes flashed and a fanged snarl snarled, and then that was that.

Omei has been firebombed.
    Unholy smokes, she was a vampire!

Still 5 votes needed for a lynch.
    LinAryanne
    edited July 2013
    ...and before the ash even cleared, another gout of fire was unleashed, snaking through the crowd to hungrily lash out at the unsuspecting, silent Iosyne.

"What-!" she cried. "No!"

The flames rose higher, melting carapace, as a cloud of suspiciously similar mist began to unfurl from HER body as well.

"Oh PIT!" she exclaimed at the nearly mist-ified body of Omei. "I hate you DOUBLE for this! *I* was supposed to be in charge!"

And then she went poof!

Iosyne has ALSO been firebombed.
    She was the dirty, rotten BLOODBORN!

4 votes to get a lynch, now!
  • Right, sorry I've been a little quiet. I wanted to fly under the radar a bit so that I'd know how to properly utilize those firebombs. Now that that's been taken care of, I'm pretty sure we can rule out that Angwe as a vampire since Omei wouldn't be so quick to sell out two vampires.

Ezalor and Omei seemed to have very similar logic in their voting and kinda similar voting patterns, so I've got my eye on him. I'm having somewhat of a tough time placing the last vampire (though Arbre raises suspicion too) but I'm calling this a gut feeling. 

Vote: Ezalor
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Perhaps inspired by the scent of barbequed murder, someone from within the crowd lets loose an arrow. Sharp and fast it flies unerringly through the pack of slightly confused citizens, striking poor Periluna right in the heart.

Ironically, Periluna was not the Syssin.

Periluna has been sniped!
    She was a lifer.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Haha. Good job Daru.

[7/7/2013 9:10:15 PM] Charles Suo: ohh
    [7/7/2013 9:12:45 PM] Charles Suo: ugh
    [7/7/2013 9:12:50 PM] Charles Suo: this Mafia game makes me cry
    [7/7/2013 9:13:10 PM] Charles Suo: I bet Omei is Mafia, and that is why they are killing quiet people
    [7/7/2013 9:13:11 PM] Charles Suo: :(
    [7/7/2013 9:14:00 PM] Obscurity: Wait what
    [7/7/2013 9:14:02 PM] Obscurity: I'm not mafia XD

I actually suspected Omei a while ago, but only based on Mafia kill patterns, and I agreed with what she was saying.
  • Wait, you know what, no. Omei's too smart to give up another lifer when the odds were so closely in the vampires' favor for fear of attention being drawn on her. If she would have given Angwe up she'd look more innocent, and they would have been able to be close to outnumbering the citizenry without fear of actually hitting Iosyne the next round.

Unvote: Ezalor
    Vote: Angwe

..Though Ezalor's still shady.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Nah, I doubt that. The fact that she chose Angwe before Iosyne when they both acted the same way and felt compelled to give a reasoning of "alphabetical order" suggests Angwe is probably a lifer.

So I'd say go from the pool of Alexina, Macavity, and Arbre. From Macavity's earlier destructive doctor fakeclaim behavior I'd say he might be the Syssin, but then again he could have just been going wild, I have no idea what's going on anymore.