Mafia: Lifers vs Darkies

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited June 2013 in OOC Chat

Enoduiran
-------------
Lifer - all players are this role by default, unless told otherwise
The Luminary - this player is the equivalent of the Doctor role and can angel aura one player each night round to save them from a kill
The Sentaari - this player is the equivalent of the Cop and can use telepathy to investigate one player each night round
The Zealot - this player is the equivalent of the Vigilante and can firebomb one person he/she suspects as mafia each night round. The Zealot has TWO firebombs left.

Bloodreach
-------------

The vampires (3) - this is the equivalent of the mafia. Your goal is to kill all the lifers and, collectively, you vote by majority on one person to kill each night round
The Bloodborn - the supervamp, this player is the equivalent of the godfather and his/her super OP rituals prevent him/her from being identified as a darkie when investigated

Rogue!
---------

The Syssin - do your own thang. This role is the equivalent of the Serial Killer and wins if everyone else dies. No phasing allowed. The Syssin has TWO arrows left.

-----------------------------------------------

A high-pitched, girlish scream shatters the early morning, heralding a bloody dawn in Enorian. 

(Enorian): A zealous guardian says, "Citizens! I have engaged an enemy at Four Corners!"

The city converges on the square to find the guards milling about in a dense crowd. A large group elbows their way past the sentries to stare at a grisly sight - drained of his blood, skin ashen, lies the Vanguard. A brutal slaughter.

"Who could have done this!" one citizen cries.

"An atavian?" another suggests.

"A zepplin?" a third ponders.

"An imp on a rampage!" someone shouts.

"No!" insists another, levelling a shaking finger at the corpse's neck. "Look!"

As one, the crowd leans in and spies two distinctive bite marks on the body. In unison, they gasp and breathlessly exclaim, "VAMPIRES!"

Almost as soon as the realization strikes them, fingers begin to point and accusations fly. As the sun rises, it illuminates a dark scene: the city of light, embroiled in a battle to determine who amongst them were false. A struggle to determine who are evil and who untrue. A fight to decide which ones of these things are not like the others.

As things reached the point of near-blows, a call to order comes. "WE SHALL VOTE!"

"Voting, yes," the lifers agree. "Surely this is the most logical and precise method to find murderers!"

A cheer stirs the crowd and they launch into the arguments again, this time guided by the faith that they act in holy pursuit of the truth. The vampires shall fall. Or innocents will die. Something like that.

It is DAY 1.
-------------
There are 4 Vampires alive. One of them is the Bloodborn.
There are 11 Lifers alive, including the Luminary, Sentaari and Zealot.
The Syssin is lurking somewhere.

Players:  Iosyne, Arbre,. Angwe,. Aldric, Ilyon,. Macavity, Alexina,. Setne,. Xenia,. Valenae, Periluna, Aryanne, Esper, Piper, Teani, Ezalor

Get to voting! It will take NINE (9) votes to lynch someone.

Some minor rule clarifications: You can communicate all you want with people, but don't badger. Don't bug people in game if they are busy. Also, NO POSTING ROLE PMs. This is a biggie. You will be disqualified if you post role PMs to "verify" which role you are playing.

Night rounds end when all actions have been PMd to me - in the case of the Vampires, this means a majority vote is reached. Votes don't have to be consensus. In case of conflicting actions, all actions will be evaluated at the END of the night round. This means if a snipe hits someone the doctor has protected, that person would be safe, regardless of the order I receive the PMs. Please use the existing conversations started by the initial role PMs for communicating your night actions - this will make things easier for me to track.

For expediency, I will assume that the Zealot and the Syssin are NOT acting at night, unless they send me a PM otherwise - so if you are either one of these roles, get your actions in early. Also, Syssin and Zealot can act during night AND day. Basically, whenever they send me a PM and I see it, their actions go through - note that discussion may continue after the vote is sent, and the kill-off won't happen until I see the PM, so don't rely on a snipe/firebomb to save you from a lynch if I am asleep!

Finally, lynches occur when a majority happens AND when I post saying vote has been reached. If I'm asleep and votes change before I post, then a lynch can be averted, but I will try to keep a very close eye on this thread (so don't rely on a last minute vote-swaying to save you). 

Day round ends when it's been 24 hours without a new post, regardless of majority. If no majority was reached, we head to night without a lynching.

If you have any questions about the format of the game, PM me directly! Have fun! Don't die!
LinAryanneAldricArbrePerilunaIosyneEzalor

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    lol, don't die. She clearly doesn't know me.

Also, most people call it Duirnorian.  But then again, most people say Enorianite and not Enorite.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Guys, it's day round. Stop sending me night actions, and go lynch someone.
  • I kno... rite?
    AryanneAngwe
  • feepbot decided. Alexina is a vampire. 

VOTE: ALEXINA

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I dunno... that gooey chick looks pretty suspicious.

VOTE: PIPER
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I am going with the first person to vote!  Seems guilty to me!!

VOTE: Periluna
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited June 2013
    I think we should avoid the trend of voting for people who try to move the game along, just so people don't get scared and stop playing.

Therefore, in grudge to all of those who've done this in past mafia games, I vote Macavity for his non-strategic vote against Periluna.

• While first-to-vote can be suspicious, I agree with Esper that we shouldn't scare off participants on that basis.

VOTE: Macavity

• Angwe said:
    I dunno... that gooey chick looks pretty suspicious.

VOTE: PIPER
    Gooey? I don't get what you mean.

VOTE: ANGWE
    for confusing me

• Whoa, whoa guys. Let's not jump to conclusions here, these are all random accusations and going about things this way is likely to land an innocent killed wrongly. Random lynching is a scummy act, and I shall be keeping an eye on you all. 

Vote: Nobody

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Hmm... can we get a clarification on whether no lynch is enabled/disabled? 
    Aryanne
  • edited June 2013
    @Iosyne: I think, because the day round ends in 24 hours from the post which began it, even if no vote is not an official option, it becomes one since a person so voting stalls a majority.

@Xenia: conventional wisdom argues that not lynching someone during the first day round is a poor decision, strategically. The reasoning behind it is that while there's only around a 1/3 chance we lynch someone who is a threat, the vampire faction has a 100% chance to kill someone every night round.  There's also an implicit understanding that we can't get solid evidence from anything but voting patterns; the only person who really can is the monk, and it's risky for that person to identify vself.

Whether or not you buy the first-round lynching mindset--I'm not sure I always do--it's a risk one way or the other.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Hrm, not much of a record at the moment. I'll hop onboard.

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2013

Going to have to go with the guy that's being racist. Racist people kill. They hate crime and have no souls.

VOTE: ANGWE

(I can't get it to go red so you all get to enjoy green D:)

edited June 2013
    Votes: Alexina (1), Piper (1), Periluna (1), Macavity (3), Angwe: (2), Nolynch: (1)

9 votes are needed for a lynch!

Yes, you can explicitly vote for a nolynch.
    Please try to color votes something (preferably red). You've all done that, so yay!
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Typically, I feel that voting for a nolynch is the worst possible outcome. It guarantees no Vampires die during the day, while a Lifer death is guaranteed at night. 

That said, there's really nothing to go on during the first day round. Everyone is presumed innocent, the only people who know anything at this point are the Vampires. 

• Well we do have a large enough population that this crap shoot wouldn't be too detrimental. I'll bite and vote with the current majority...just let it be known that typically I don't like to go on random Lynch. 

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I do indeed... hate crime. Especially the crime of murder! And I'm especially racist against vampires! Are you saying you have some unspoken love for vampiric murder, Piper?
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Alright guys let's kill Xenia. Flippity flop, my scumdar is going wild.

VOTE XENIA
  • Oh! I didn't realize we could NOLYNCH.

I wanna NO LYNCH instead. I feel bad killing someone on day one, cause it always sucks hard for that person 

No. No lynch is bad. Lack of information is the Mafia's weapon, the lynch is the only tool that Town has to generate information of their own based on who is voting for who and for what reasons. You should always be lynching.

And today we should lynch Xenia. First post feels quite contrived to me, then the desperate flip-flop to join the bandwagon. Total reversal of opinion, hedging of opinion, posts smell like scum trying to blend in to me.
    Also, @Moirean are we all Masons (ie allowed to talk to people outside of the thread)?  
    Yep, you can, but be respectful about it. No badgering or bothering. And no posting role PMs!!!!
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I have a feeling I am going to die.... **tear**
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    N'awp. You're not going to paint me as bad for standing my ground @angwe. Now shush up.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'll jump on the train for now because the only information we have is who is being a smartdonkey and that doesn't really give real info first round.

Macavity is posting way too wildly and this bandwagon filled up way too fast for him to be Mafia. Seriously guys help me kill Xenia plz.

Votes so far:
    Macavity=5 (Esper,Ilyon, Teani, Xenia, Arbre)
    Alexina=1 (Periluna)
    Piper=1 (Angwe) 
    Periluna=1(Macavity)
    Angwe=1 (Piper)   
    Xenia=1(Ezalor)    
     No Lynch=1 (Aryanne)
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Macavity
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'm late to the party.

First, I was going to vote for Perilune. Then for Xenia.

In the end, I decided let's end round one, so I'm voting for Macavity.