Mafia: Lifers vs Darkies

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Ugh that last post did look weird though with all the "give my recommendation one more chance" and all that, and now I'm just in a cycle of WIFOM.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Aldric, why would Omei even start a train on the vampires when they just needed a few more civilians to win the game? They'd be wasting a day round. Voting for Angwe seems like a terrible, terrible idea.
  • Ehh, it's something she's done in past games to keep suspicion off of her as long as there'd be enough time to kill off the remaining civilians during the night rounds. What you're saying does make sense though.

Unvote: Angwe

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Hot damn.  The second I think HMM, OMEI IS LOOKIN' REEAAAAALLLL SUSPICIOUS she gets killed off.

I don't have great reasoning beyond that he's been maybe TOO vocal, and that gave away Omei.

VOTE: Ezalor
  • Yeah, I think I'm also going to stick with my gut for this one.

Vote: Ezalor
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    We only have one vamp left, so I am going to hop on this ban wagon and say....

VOTE: Ezalor
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    edited July 2013

There's proof of the convo I posted earlier. Unless you think Omei and I fabricated a Skype convo just to use in this situation, which I guess is entirely possible, but I'm Town. It's true I did agree with everything Omei said, but hey look at what Omei did say, she pushed for the lynch of both Valenae and Iosyne, so what she was saying did make sense.

Vote Macavity

(Sorry for the edit, but I wanted to take out some people's Skype stuff in case they didn't want it to be posted publicly)
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I think voting for Ezalor would be a mistake. Ezalor is the Syssin, and he's out of shots. Arbre is the vampire.

VOTE: ARBRE
    @angwe what makes you think she is the Vampire??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Heh, if I was the Syssin I definitely wouldn't have shot the people the Syssin did, JUST SAYIN.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    1.) On page 2 of this thread, @Ezalor pointed out the exact playstyle she (and, I admit, I) have been using. Yet, he's not voted for her once. The Syssin and the scum's goals converge in the beginning, and they're of more value to one another alive than dead when there's a hoard of townies to get through.

2.) While I'm a newbie and, generally, I don't say much until I say my piece in a big, word-vomity post (like this) Arbre is not a newbie and generally not so withdrawn as she's been recently.

3.) Expanding on both of my previous reasons a bit: on the 8th page of this thread, @Esper (just before we hung him :/) proffered that @Omei and @Ezalor may be in cahoots. Neither of them are novices, in fact they're both very clever, experienced players. It's not difficult to imagine that one or both may have guessed the other's roles and protected one another for the reasons outlined in point 1. Note that Ezalor hasn't implicated Arbre or Omei even once.
    I don't think Arbre is scum, why would I implicate her? She hasn't been playing the same as you Angwe.

I was indeed suspicious of Omei (Skype log!) but purely based on the Mafia's night kill pattern, which wasn't enough for me to go accuse her when I still agreed with the points she was raising. What set me off was when Xenia died and they -still- didn't kill Omei, but meh, I still agreed with what she was saying in the thread so I left it be.

As far as cahoots, I freely admit I agreed with what Omei was saying and posting. She DID bus 2 scrum after all, so there was some form of Town logic in there, but yes I agreed with Omei. If you don't believe I am Town though and my Skype convo doesn't convince you, you should probably lynch me now because I'll be a prime target for da mislynches if we miss today and I get into lylo.
    I am still going to remain with my vote for Ezalor.  I have told him many times that I am a townie, and yet he still wants to see me dead.  So with this information i am thinking he is a Vampire trying to point the finger away from him and to someone he knows is a townie.   That is my logic
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

To be fair, Macavity, EVERYONE'S gonna say they're a townie.  I don't blame someone for not believing you if that's your only defense.
  • Yeahhh, usually people don't go reveal to only one person that they're a vanilla civvie early on in the game. Ezalor.. hnng. I don't think you would go as far as to fabricate a skype convo just for the sake of a mafia game.

Macavity - Pointing the finger at Ezalor for that reason in particular is kinda shady, since he really has nothing to base it off that you're telling the truth but your own word.

Mafiabre - I have nfc what to think about you.

Angwe - Your logic makes sense, but like I said.. I don't think Ezalor would make up a skype convo for a mafia game. Maybe, but probably not.

Unvote: Ezalor
    Vote: Macavity

That said, if Macavity turns out to be a civ, Ezalor's probably going to be next on the chopping block I'd imagine.
    all I can say is, if you vote for me, you are wasting your vote and will be sorry to find I am a Townie!  but do what you want.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I actually feel kinda the same about all the people remaining, maybe leaning a tiny bit more Townie on Arbre than the other 3, but you make the call Aldric. You are the confirmed Town and been much more on in this game than me, so go with your reads, and I'll follow. I know you are Town and I know I am Town so out of the 4 remaining people you have a 50% chance of hitting a scum.

I'll go read over the thread tomorrow I guess and see if anything pops up, but at this point it's your show Aldric. You'll also probably die in this night round, and if the rest of Town wants to lynch me after you're gone and we misfire today, we will lose. That's why it's not a completely terrible idea to just lynch me out today if missing otherwise guarantees I will be lynched in the next day.

That's why I said if my skype convo doesn't convince you, @Alexina @Arbre @Angwe @Macavity then it's probably best to lynch me today, that way you have another chance in the next day.
    Ugh actually lynching me would start next day with 2 Townies and 1 Syssin 1 Mafia still alive if the Mafia doesn't manage to kill the Syssin, so I take it back. Don't lynch me today, we need to hit one of the scummies, and don't rush into a lynch, I'd like some time to read over the thread again but I can't do that right now.
  • edited July 2013
    Hnng. 

Unvote: Macavity

Tomorrow sometime, or tonight.. you know what, Soon(tm) I'm going to go back and take a look at stuff like Ezalor. He's right in that there's no point in rushing a vote when we could theoretically wrap things up right now.

Macavity: Why would you consider fake role-revealing as the Doctor to Ezalor in the beginning without even knowing if he was a vamp or not? There was absolutely nothing that could possibly distinguish him as trustworthy so early in the game except for maybe the experience he seemed to be bringing to the table.

Even revealing yourself at all as a townie is.. odd at best, to somebody that can't be confirmed. You may just be pretty new to this type of game and maybe that's it, but to me it's just awfully suspicious. It seems like a half-hearted attempt to get somebody on your side so you'd like good in the case that you actually were a vamp.

..Edit was me trying to make that actually a video here, not me cheating.
    Aldric said:
    Mafiabre - I have nfc what to think about you.
    I get that a lot.

I have a couple questions.  1. How do we know Aldric IS the Luminary beyond his word?  Just that there's so few of us now that lying is pointless?  And 2. How in the world is that Skype convo supposed to convince me of anything (other than Omei's a dirty, rotten liar)?
  • If Ezalor was actually a vampire that would mean that the skype convo was faked entirely for the purpose of the game. If both were actually vampires and talking to each other, they wouldn't play stupid like that.

As for me being the Daru, well I mean.. I guess there's nothing really specific proving it except for me talking directly after both firebombs were used for the first time in a while in the thread  when the Daru had been otherwise silent :P
    I honestly am not sure where Ezalor got the idea that I was the Doctor, because I never once said I was.  Though clearly regardless of if I was the Doctor or just a Townie, he would have had time by now to get the votes of his follow Vampires to vote me for the kill, and yet I am still around.  So I am rethinking that Ezalor is not a Vampire, unless that is part of his ploy in that, he wants us to think he is on our side when he really is not.  More so since this is the first time of me playing a game like this, he could be taking advantage of that newbieness and trying to save himself from being lynched and found out as the Vampire.

so many possibilities 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Alright, I'm on board with Aldric and Ezalor then, so that leaves Macavity, Angwe, and Alexina.  If Macavity was the vampire, then wouldn't be defending Ezalor.  Alexina is defending Angwe.  We still have the Syssin and a single vampire, right? (I'm confusing myself now).  I think one of those two are each because it helps each of them to keep the other alive (I think).

VOTE: Ezalor Alexina
    I like this logic...

UNVOTE: Ezalor

VOTE: Alexina
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Wait, what. This is the second time Macavity jumps on a train for the most flimsy reason ever. I wanted us to not vote for Angwe because two vampires were starting a train on him last round; why would we be going after the person who's more likely than not a civilian?

Either Arbre or Macavity is the last remaining vampire. No idea about the syssin (probably Ezalor, meh, I don't know).

VOTE: Arbre
    are we stalled again?!?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Oh yeah, whoops.

Vote: Macavity
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ok. Stuff has stalled. You guys have a day to lynch someone or else it'll go to night for the remaining vampire to have its sweet way with yall.
    what is the current vote standings?!?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I'm leaving my vote on Macavity, he was the only one not on board with the Valenae lynch. Though it does look odd since Mafia did bus Valenae, chalk it up to miscommunication or something.

Also, looking at numbers, it was 4 Town to 3 Mafia + 1 Syssin when this day started, so Angwe is almost definitely not Mafia since lynching a Townie would have won the game for Mafia and I'd guess that's what Omei was going for. The last mislynch.