Short Questions

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The length of a smoke break.
    Lin
  • I'd say just play it out by how you feel. If you're in front of the person and feel you've waited too long for a response, just emote out that somebody's calling your attention and that the person should just get back to you later with whatever they were going to say.

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ZunTeani
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I usually wait about 10 minutes to say anything OOCly (unless it's @Kiyotan).
    RivasElwynHavenCiarelle
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What are the active Darkie Orders? Any of them particularly large?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Iosyne and Maghak are the most active I think. Niuri's got a few people too.
  • ZunZun
    edited April 2013
    What was the reason for the max size of Illusion being set to 160 characters?

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm aware that Illusion's gone through a number of changes over the years. I'm interested in the specific nature and order of these changes that's led to Illusion being in the state that it's in.
  • Back when illusions were a combat tool, 160 characters meant that two-line illusions were possible, but three-line ones were not.

It's a bit more complex than that, but it should give you the idea.

• Zun said:
    What was the reason for the max size of Illusion being set to 160 characters?

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm aware that Illusion's gone through a number of changes over the years. I'm interested in the specific nature and order of these changes that's led to Illusion being in the state that it's in.
    I definitely feel that since they're essentially not used for combat any more the illusion limit should match that of the emote limit.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ZunTza
  • Absolutely. It sounds like Illusions are so unviable in combat that they're RP tools. And to limit them as RP tools doesn't make sense; legacy patches are rendering this skill more pointless than it should be.
    AldricMastemaTza
  • ^ hit nail on head.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    How early should someone pre-restore? Someone told me they pre-restore a limb that receives any kind of damage, even as low as 2% limb damage on a limb, and that to me seems... like a waste.
    havenbanner2
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You should prerestore whenever your opponent can't take advantage of it.

Xavin
  • 2% seems low

Serrice said:
    You should prerestore whenever your opponent can't take advantage of it.
    Elaborate please?

I've finally decided to sit down and begin coding a pre-restore into my system and generally work on my horrendous limb curing I have. Tired of lycan/teradrim/monk wrecking me.

I was going to go about it as whenever a limb reached the half-way point to breaking or something (10-15%) depending on how fast or how much the limb damage was coming. But now I'm not so sure? Like... I know restoration salve cures dependent on your current health but it takes a long while for the % cured to be negligible. At 80-100% health, restoration cures about 30% worth of limb damage per application so I'm wondering why people are applying restoration so low? You have quite a bit of a buffer.
    havenbanner2
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Haven said:
    How early should someone pre-restore? Someone told me they pre-restore a limb that receives any kind of damage, even as low as 2% limb damage on a limb, and that to me seems... like a waste.
    This is why I had Lanira install pre-restore options into Citadel :D

The only time I ever use 2% is vs Monks/Daru because of mind blank. Setting it at an extremely low number for them is good because of the terrible RNG you can get from mind blank. You'll end up pre-restoring as much as possible, even if you get a full combo that ends up mind blanked on the next round. 

8% is citadel's default. This is just good across the board for lycanthropes, templars, etc.

There's also 16 and 24% thresholds. These are for people who can punish you for pre-restoring too frequently, like Sentinels and Newdrim. You can also setup your pre-resto function to fire when your target is blacked out, for example. They won't see it, and therefore won't be able to capitalize on it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Illidan basically explained what I meant. A preresto sucks up 4s of salve balance. It behooves you to not prerestore if your opponent can take advantage of that time.

-_- I wish pre-restore didn't exist.

Hrm, alright thanks for the info!
    havenbanner2
    Kerryn
    You shouldn't. It adds a degree of thought and strategy to an otherwise straightforwards crunching of numbers, both in the defense and the attack. 

Serrice said:
    You shouldn't. It adds a degree of thought and strategy to an otherwise straightforwards crunching of numbers, both in the defense and the attack. 
    Eh, I'd prefer stuns/salve disabler combos/setups/etc to pre-healing. But that's just me.

I don't know why venom combat comes so easily to me and yet I'm baffled by limb damage.
    havenbanner2
    Parry question!

I feel so rusty and I cannot quite remember how it works.

Are both arms attributed to the parry defense? For instance, if I parry head and someone breaks my left arm, will my right arm now parry the head or no?
    havenbanner2
    If you're using a two handed weapon, the left arm is the key arm to break. If it's broken, you can't parry. If you're wielding a one handed weapon, breaking that arm means you can't parry with that weapon - if you're wielding two one-handed weapons, it follows you must break both arms. If you're wielding a shield, tough - you can't parry with shields.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Haven said:
    Serrice said:
    Eh, I'd prefer stuns/salve disabler combos/setups/etc to pre-healing. But that's just me.

I don't know why venom combat comes so easily to me and yet I'm baffled by limb damage.
    Pre-restore -is- a setup to different things, and each salve class capitalizes on it. 

Stuns as an early-mid buildup process are what's wrong with combat now. Stuns and disables should only ever be used in utility/big finisher combos (like omen) and not constantly spammarific to begin 'getting ahead' (like frenzy and hangedman). 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited April 2013
    <P>I was hoping someone could tell me what these are and how too fix it? I had it drop over and over, yet within seconds it was back. (eg) it was on me 99% of the fight and killed my ability to cure. It was very disconcerning as I have had it with three people now.</P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,255,0); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">Daskalos suddenly points a finger at you, nearly touching you before an arc of flame leaps from his <BR></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">finger. You are instantly engulfed in flame that burns agonizingly as you scream but it is <BR></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">extinguished just as quickly.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,255,0); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">You are:<BR></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">having burnt skin.<BR></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,0,0); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">Equilibrium Used: </SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">0.75 seconds</SPAN></P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">Your flesh has been seared too deeply to receive the healing benefit of a tree tattoo.</SPAN></SPAN></P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">Burnt scraps of flesh flake off of your body in an excruciating manner, but you may once again touch <BR></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">the tree of life.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN> </P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN> </P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN> </P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN> </P>
    Illumination ability. Sear. Prevents you from using your tree tat for the duration.

Mastema
  • edited April 2013
    Does it have a cool off by chance as its a real pain. I was talking about it just now IG and it is a bit of a pain to deal with.
    Mastema said:
    Does it have a cool off by chance as its a real pain. I was talking about it just now IG and it is a bit of a pain to deal with.
    Sear doesn't have a cool down. The effect lasts for 15 seconds. As a Wise Luminary with no artifacts, I can sear at 2.58 seconds.
    havenbanner2
    Did they remove thorn sigils entirely from the game? :(
    havenbanner2
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Thorn sigils exist but cannot be created. The Conjuration skillset died with the Druid class. Only Enchantment remains. 
    Iosyne said:
    Thorn sigils exist but cannot be created. The Conjuration skillset died with the Druid class. Only Enchantment remains. 
    Was it an oversight? Or is it safe to assume then that an Enchantment counter part doesn't exist because thorn sigils are being phased out entirely once the last one decays?
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It lasts for 15 seconds, which is about 4 rounds. I fire it about every 45 seconds as part of my offense. It forces you to use renew\focus instead of tree to cure, thus depleting your mana.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."