Short Questions

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    @Kaeus: According to Daskalos, Lifevision allows you to see the movement of shrouded folks as well as what Heatsight does.
    Alastair
  • Thanks, been trying to determine if I'd rather have the mask or 500 credits. I went long without seeing shrouded, and barely noticed a difference when I picked the mask up from a giftbag.
    edited April 2013
    It's not huge, no. Plus, you have alertness if you really wanted to track shrouded movements.

Though, I did forget this additional fact but it's not as big as it used to be with the fact that illusions have been tossed away. Lifevision also allows one to have a chance at discerning when an illusion has been cast.
  • It lets you see shrouded and ghosted people, iirc.

Alastair
  • edited April 2013
    As stated, illusions are no longer really a part of combat, so that's not a big boon anymore. Heatsight covers seeing players that are hidden, and alertness covers seeing any hidden movement. Perhaps the only meaningful benefit of the lifevision mask is that it doesn't drain willpower like alertness does. Though, alertness also lets you see people moving into adjacent rooms, as well.

Sell it and buy a better artifact, imo.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What does the burnt_eyes affliction do if anything?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Since this makes me wonder.. what enables you to see phased people? I know Carnifex have something, but how does this work and is there anything else?
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Nothing enables you to see phased people except by phasing yourself. Carnifex has a hound with phasepull which pulls people out of phase. Touching a bell tattoo will also let you know if phased people are present in the room.
    Tza
    I believe Carnifex have a skill similar to the Luminary's illuminate skill which works exactly like the bell tattoo called soul presence to go with the phasehound.

illuminate
    You sense out the spark of life within all here.
    Alexina is here.
    Tza is here.
    A presence out of touch with reality is here.
    A presence out of touch with reality is here.

^Looks something like that when you use it.
    havenbanner2
    Tza
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2013
    Warhounds - Phasepull

Usage: HOUND PHASEPULL

The phase hound will leap through phase, pulling out a random Syssin
    should one be there phased.

Basically just a free eye sigil. For only phased people.

-------------------------

Deathlore - Presences

Usage: SOUL PRESENCES

Seek out souls that reside in your location, and detect the presence of any that are hidden.

You detect the following presences:

So lonely :(

----

Also, if a room is flooded, you can see phased people enter/leave (although enter appears to be bugged!). Also crafting gnomes delivering approval messages show if the recipient is phased (only applicable to brewing these days) unless that got fixed. That was always the bane of my existence...spying in Enorian and then a grumpy gnome shows up, throws a letter at me and before I can blink, eye sigil and guards aaahhhhh. I'm fairly certain the bug with shooting other people in phase got fixed (unphased people would see the person being hit), but you never know! 

Also, if you straight up follow someone while they are phased, it'll give them a message. Gotta be sneaky and use your skillsssss! And, uhh. If you drop stuff they will see it. 

I think certain NPCs also detect phased people? I remember there was drama about that a loooong time ago, but I might be mixing up my games.

Hunter wolves also (or at least used to) let out an alert when phased people pass by if they are enemied (they go grrrr if any enemy is in an adjacent room. I miss that growl so much, lazy-butt alertness. /tangent). In the same vein, you can hit traps while phased if they were also laid in phase (gg abduct) and if the sentinel has alert set, sucks to be you. I used to get Xentor to abduct me to trap up half of Enorian to catch people scouting in phase. This has probably/should probably be fixed.

Finally, unless it's been fixed, shine/deathaura hits phased people if you have them enemied. Also certain other AoE things, so you can kinda figure it out by that. Not sure if stinkiness shows.
    Haven
  • Ah, okay! So those skills are active? They will only tell you if you use them, but won't automatically ping you the moment I walk in phased?
    edited April 2013
    Correct, bell/presences/illuminate require active input, but I made a big edit with more stuff listed. I've been gone a while, though, so some of my info may be out of date.

Does mindnet showed phased people entering? I don't *think* so, but not sure.
  • TzaTza
    edited April 2013
    Oh damn, there seems to be a lot of stuff that does. I was hoping I could spy on some fighting, but more often than not those rooms are flooded. Bugger. I totally don't get why you'd see phased people swimming when you don't see them walking. :(

I doubt people would care if you spied on fighting. You could probably walk in, unphased, and they'd be like, yay, an audience!
  • Moirean said:
    I doubt people would care if you spied on fighting. You could probably walk in, unphased, and they'd be like, yay, an audience!
    Well if it's say a leyline fight and if the two sides are Duiran vs. Spinesreach then I'm not so sure... :/
  • edited April 2013
    <P>Not sure, but I have a odd feeling that you can swing into trees a few rooms out and drop down into the room phased, if there is trees in the area. Without being spotted in water, but someone would need to test it as it might have changed. (And I am in Carnifex for a few more hours).</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>Oh before I forget, what is this, and what does it give? I just diagnosed every 30 secs or so as I had not seen it before.</P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(192,192,192); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">You grimace, your parched throat and drying skin a constant, painful reminder of the Sun's curse.</SPAN></P>
    <P> </P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    That's shadow. Luminaries and Daru can give it. It passively gives you some minor afflictions every few seconds until it wears off.
    Mastema
  • Moirean said:

Also, if a room is flooded,
    Do -not- rely on water to show you when phased people enter or exit. The Zephyr artifact hides that movement.

I think it's bugged (or maybe shouldn't hide it, I don't see why it should), because it's showing sometimes even when the syssin has zephyr.
    Rho
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Moirean said:
    I think certain NPCs also detect phased people? I remember there was drama about that a loooong time ago, but I might be mixing up my games.

Hunter wolves also (or at least used to) let out an alert when phased people pass by if they are enemied (they go grrrr if any enemy is in an adjacent room. I miss that growl so much, lazy-butt alertness.
    Certain NPCs can detect phased people, but it isn't very common. Fun fact, they can also throw eye sigils!

Wolves no longer growl at phased enemies.
    Mastema said:

Not sure, but I have a odd feeling that you can swing into trees a few rooms out and drop down into the room phased, if there is trees in the area. Without being spotted in water, but someone would need to test it as it might have changed. (And I am in Carnifex for a few more hours).

Oh before I forget, what is this, and what does it give? I just diagnosed every 30 secs or so as I had not seen it before.

You grimace, your parched throat and drying skin a constant, painful reminder of the Sun's curse.

@Mastema: Evoke Shadow is a timed affliction Daru and Luminaries can give. It lasts for 6.5 minutes and passively gives one of these four afflictions each tick: dizziness / blurry vision / weariness / disfigurement
    havenbanner2
    Mastema
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    It also, now, apparently will strip mass\stability. Which surprised me.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Are Atabahi traditional werewolves or just very big wolves?
  • upright werewolves.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Awesome, thank you!
    @Skoll: Some interpret it differently. I know Arbre plays like a big wolf, but most that I know (including myself) play it as an upright werewolf a la Skyrim or White Wolf.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I was an upright bear and now a dire wolf.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm a Twilight wolf.
    edited April 2013
    So what you are saying is that you don't wear a shirt. Ever.

SeirAngweMastemaArbreTzaPeriluna