Short Questions

Comments

• Does anyone have all the language dialogue tags and which languages they correspond to? By tags, I mean:

Rivas says, in alternating stressed syllables or whatever, "I did not mean to light that novice on fire."

I'd love to be able to code in a sub that tells me what they're speaking, since I -clearly- already speak the damn language.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Moirean said:
    That type of thing should be changelog'd. :/
    The shatter thing is in announce 2005.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oh, so Haven is just really slow at noticing stuff. :P
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Of note, shatter was changed to that message because before you couldn't tell who it was targeting.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Lin
  • Does Elusion in Corpus give any benefit vs denizens?  (If so is it worth it?)

Does being entombed in your coffin provide more regen than just regular sleeping?

What are the specific bonuses for red (damage done and damage reduction), blue (shell def) and yellow (xp bonus) tokens?

Book tattoo, worth the cost?
  • Valix said:
    Does Elusion in Corpus give any benefit vs denizens?  (If so is it worth it?)

Does being entombed in your coffin provide more regen than just regular sleeping?

What are the specific bonuses for red (damage done and damage reduction), blue (shell def) and yellow (xp bonus) tokens?

Book tattoo, worth the cost?
    Re: elusion - most likely. Once upon a time, with old avoidance, it did not. However, since it functions as a boost to dodge/divert rates in general, it most likely works against mobiles now. I couldn't tell you the exact rate increase, however. Most likely it is worth it.

Re: entombed vs asleep - Again, I'm not 100% certain, but it is likely that entombing restores your fatigue level faster than regular sleeping.

Re: bonuses from orbs - I believe they're each a 5% bonus, not 100% sure about the bonus from yellow orb, however.

Re: book tattoo - it is equivalent to a level 1 xp artifact if I recall discussion about it when it was released.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Moirean I thought marriage proposal beheading was your signature move.

@Rivas I'll finally sit down and make @Xavin help me collect them all when I get home.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    As far as I've noticed, red ylem orb only gives damage increase to mobs when bashing (not damage reductiom from mobs). I could be wrong, though.
  • I was told my bug was too short..? I was afraid I was being too long with it. Is there some secret character count I need to hit before they'll look at my problem? v_v
    For her soul gives me sigh for sigh,
    And all day long
    Shines, bright and strong,
    Astarte within the sky,

While ever to her dear Eulalie upturns her matron eye-
    While ever to her young Eulalie upturns her violet eye.
                 -E. A. Poe, Eulalie
  • Just add filler such as "fillerfillerfiller" in until you reach the needed length to submit the bug.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Include information, pastebin links of what happened and syntaxes so that they can see what you're doing and try to reproduce the error. 
  • I included the pastebin link and everything. Somebody suggested I ISSUE instead? Thoughts? It's about me not being able to carve any Woodcraft patterns, despite having the permit and having no trouble designing for the trade
    For her soul gives me sigh for sigh,
    And all day long
    Shines, bright and strong,
    Astarte within the sky,

While ever to her dear Eulalie upturns her matron eye-
    While ever to her young Eulalie upturns her violet eye.
                 -E. A. Poe, Eulalie
  • BUG I'M NOT ABLE TO CARVE ANY WOODCRAFT PATTERNS, DESPITE HAVING THE PERMIT AND HAVING NO TROUBLE DESIGNING FOR THE TRADE

That should be long enough, seriously. I know I've submitted shorter. You might want to include messages of what the system returns when you -try- to carve, for what it's worth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• A book tattoo is very cost effective, as long as you don't die a lot.

It works out to a flat two thousand gold per touch, and if you can't make that when you're bashing, you can just vermin hunt the cost back.
  • edited May 2013
    I don't suppose anyone still has a list of every attack line from the game lying around, do they?

Edit: I've been given an older list, hopefully not too much of it is outdated. Maybe I could convince a couple of Liaisons to make use of the Liaison Arena and compile a list that could then be maintained by everyone else?
  • How much is the damage taken increased (Percentage wise) when frozen solid? I know it's pretty substantial, I'd just love if anyone had a solid number.
    Atrapoema said:
    I don't suppose anyone still has a list of every attack line from the game lying around, do they?

Edit: I've been given an older list, hopefully not too much of it is outdated. Maybe I could convince a couple of Liaisons to make use of the Liaison Arena and compile a list that could then be maintained by everyone else?
    I wish AFFLICT <name> SHOW displayed these lines. 
  • I wish we had either that or a simple combat system that displayed the name of the attacker and the effects of their attack in one line. Right now, I'm trying to find all these lines so I can gag/sub them out and actually see what's going on through the spam of combat. It's not really all that fun.
    Teani
    I think I put in the idea thread that tunnelvision should be moved down to inept. I would also like if Aetolia had a fightbrief and fightverbose option. Other games have this, where the combat messages are simplified down quite a lot - you strike/stab/bash/do magic shit at so and so.
    AtrapoemaTozLin
  • TozToz
    edited May 2013
    ^This, ^This, a thousand times ^this. Fightverbose/fightbrief - I don't care if I spin and time my strike perfectly with rose petals fluttering in the background as the doves cry out in harmony. I just want to see that I hit the guy.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

OrisaeEmelleLuthienLin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    This was suggested a loooooooooooong time ago, especially back when Aetolia had that massive lag issue that thankfully got fixed.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    I've subbed everything out (which doesn't solve your problem).

[ Clawed - a Mhun miner ]

[ Xavin frenzied - a Mhun miner ]

[ Xavin FISTICUFF BAD(unicornbum) KICKED - a Mhun miner ]
    Subbing and gagging doesn't reduce the amount of lines your client receives, so even if you sub that out, if you are having issues with your client/computer processing combat spam (*raise hand*) the problem will still be there, but even worse since you're now also triggering all those additional lines.
    I just wanted to show off my fisticuff sub.
    It is a cool sub. :)
    Does xp split factor in after level 100? For example, if I'm level 125 and bash with a level 82 person, will they get less xp than if they go bashing with someone who is level 100?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Yes.

Whaaaat. Any chance that can be looked into? It seems unfair to penalize people for being higher levels.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Well, the whole point is to prevent power-game levelling. Discrepancy in exp sharing between big level gaps is pretty common in most MMOs.
    AtrapoemaLuthienIllikaalAngwe
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but after level 100, your might isn't getting any stronger. The extra levels are primarily so you have random numbers to grind for. Doesn't make sense that someone who likes bashing (ie someone level 125) is going to be worse for bashing with than someone who doesn't (level 100).
    LinRhoAlexina