SYSTEM FOR SALE: CITADEL

edited April 2013 in The Exchange

I am currently selling my curing system, Citadel. It is a mudbot module which can be used with any MUD client running on a windows machine. This means you may keep your client of choice, with all your current scripts, and still run the system; Though, GMCP support is required, and there is no GUI for clients other than CMUD, at the moment. I am currently selling it for either 400cr, or $70. Each purchase is good for three characters (alts). Support is included, via Skype or the in-game clan, and updates are made on a weekly basis. Access to my personal CMUD scripts is also included. Feature requests will be considered and, if reasonable, implemented. Class-specific curing abilities will be given special consideration and be given priority for implementation. 

Here are some of the main features of the system:

- Support for both living an undead.

- Very little setup required.

- Auto-redeffing.

- Precaching.

- Retardation/Aeon curing.

- Prerestoring.

- Auto pipe handling.

- Auto unally/reject.

- Auto-parry system w/ special handling for lycanthropes.

- Hidden howl/roar detection.

- Toggles for all curing types.

- BAL/EQ action queue.

- Lua scripting support.

- GUI interface for CMUD.

- Support for renew and rage.

- An integrated help system.

- GMCP messages to the client to allow integration with user's scripts.

- Very low system requirements, runs faster than most MUD client system.

If interested contact me on Skype or the forums. I am also offering free trials. Feel free to post any questions, comments, ect.

EdhainIllikaalEzalor

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I've heard lots of good things about Citadel, and have been tempted to get it, but can you (or anybody else that's purchased it) expand a bit on its functionality? 400 credits, or $140 (the cash equivalent) seems exceptionally high, especially considering it's only for a single character. 
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited January 2013
    I bought it and am satisfied with the product. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Same. The system has pretty superior curing, though there are a few little things that pop up now and again like anything. Lani's always pretty good about fixing those quickly. It's not going to fight for you, but it'll keep you alive for the most part.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Bumping it up to 3 characters per purchase. The reason was mainly that I didn't want to bother with verifying alts, but I agree that it's a bit restrictive. I also offer short trials. Updating post.
  • Seeing it in action is hot.
    Do I have to download new updates? Or do you magically beam them into my computer?
  • Citadel would have kept you alive vs Templar retribution pre meganerfs.

Highly satisfied with it.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    edited January 2013
    Actually, if anyone has any questions about the system in general, feel free to ask me IG. I'm pretty open about what I find are the strengths and weaknesses of the system, and what not.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• 400 credits is a pretty steep price for a system..
    So pay the cash, which is equal to 200 cr. Also, it's worth it, but for the time and effort put into it, it's a fair price. I've paid much more for much worse systems.

• Daskalos said:
    So pay the cash, which is equal to 200 cr. Also, it's worth it, but for the time and effort put into it, it's a fair price. I've paid much more for much worse systems.
    ouch, sorry to hear  that. Most i've paid for a system is 60 credits, and that was considered the top-notch system in the game (that being Achaea at the time).
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah well, Vadi doesn't play Aetolia :P.

Systems are in high demand here with very low supply so, well, it's a seller's market.
  • edited January 2013
    Ezalor said:
    Yeah well, Vadi doesn't play Aetolia :P.

Systems are in high demand here with very low supply so, well, it's a seller's market.
    yet ;).
  • From what I remember, at least, Vadi's system in Achaea was not as good as Citadel.  Actually Achaea's combat system is - in my opinion - much lamer than Aetolia's because of its random queue for cures. In Aetolia fighting tends to be more oriented around strategy than around luck. Citadel is really an amazing system, as Daskalos vouches. I haven't played from it since I prefer to play on my own code-work, but I've fought against it as two different speed aff classes and it is almost impossible to defeat if the player behind it is any good at all. It actually used to worry me that if Lanira ever started selling the system, the over-artied combatants against which I previously would have had a chance due to their mediocre curing would become pretty much un-defeatable (except by the cheapest of cheap and detestable tricks, or by those in their own class of artied-ness). Now I don't mind anymore but it's probably only because I don't play that much. If I came back full time I'd probably be back to bawwing over these sorts of petty "injustices". 

There are a lot of free systems and low priced systems available around here, honestly, they are just not comparable. Citadel is the kind of system that a super high-tier combatant develops for themselves and their closest friends, in order to dominate the game. This happened. And then even after the political decline of the elite group, due to people mainly getting bored and leaving, Lanira continued developing and updating the system and is selling it now for an affordable, if high, price. Seriously, if I was a system buyer, I would be amazed and grateful at the chance to buy it for a few hundred credits because capable costumers might have shelled out thousands for it and retained its elitist status.
  • edited January 2013
    Edhain said:
    From what I remember, at least, Vadi's system in Achaea was not as good as Citadel.  Actually Achaea's combat system is - in my opinion - much lamer than Aetolia's because of its random queue for cures. In Aetolia fighting tends to be more oriented around strategy than around luck. Citadel is really an amazing system, as Daskalos vouches. I haven't played from it since I prefer to play on my own code-work, but I've fought against it as two different speed aff classes and it is almost impossible to defeat if the player behind it is any good at all. It actually used to worry me that if Lanira ever started selling the system, the over-artied combatants against which I previously would have had a chance due to their mediocre curing would become pretty much un-defeatable (except by the cheapest of cheap and detestable tricks, or by those in their own class of artied-ness). Now I don't mind anymore but it's probably only because I don't play that much. If I came back full time I'd probably be back to bawwing over these sorts of petty "injustices". 

There are a lot of free systems and low priced systems available around here, honestly, they are just not comparable. Citadel is the kind of system that a super high-tier combatant develops for themselves and their closest friends, in order to dominate the game. This happened. And then even after the political decline of the elite group, due to people mainly getting bored and leaving, Lanira continued developing and updating the system and is selling it now for an affordable, if high, price. Seriously, if I was a system buyer, I would be amazed and grateful at the chance to buy it for a few hundred credits because capable costumers might have shelled out thousands for it and retained its elitist status.
    A few things to note from your post.

If a combat system is the definition of being an elitist or not within a game...then there is something definitely wrong with that game. You are viewing this the wrong way. A combat system should not be perceived as the definition of a player's worth, its only purpose should be the enhancement of a player's PvP. Vadi's system did just that, it gave you the cures, the uses and the toggles needed to simply compete in PvP and was renown for its easy-flowing nature (in both Achaea and Lusternia).

I have known of other systems which had the "god-like" appearance to them, and they were infact not just combat systems..they pretty much did everything for that player. From fighting to Auto-hunting to harvesting to auto-walkers to mappers and so on and so forth, it was common to see generally trollish players that have very little wit to them  holding these systems and believing they are now gods...when infact they would still be despised generally by the populace and booted from their organizations.

I also dont agree upon the concepts of "petty injustices" if someone who is obviously  known for his combat prowess and is thus ganked 5 vs 1. It is a tactic that is actually seen as advantageous to them to take that person out in such a fashion...one should not walk to a chopping block and get their head removed just because their enemy would seen them in higher regards. A war is a war and in that game of strategy, anything goes. If your enemy is playing dirty and winning, standing on the sidelines crying injustice wont win you the battle.

Edit: I should also note that some players have been known to go up against these "top systems" with their basic ones and still defeat the opponent simply  by their knowledge of combat, abilities and prowess. If anything it seems those with the "do it all" systems are generally handicapped and require more assistance to partake in PvP than a regular player.
    Edhain
    Citadel doesn't come with an offense, though I have personally developed a couple that work well with it.

Edhain
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm sorry, Calipso, they don't have a system to make bad players good.
  • Welp, I'm out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Amara
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Citadel is an amazing system. You people should just shut up and give Lanira your money.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I'm trying! :(
  • Do you get access to the full code of the system, or is this a compiled mudbot module?
  • The system is written and compiled in C. Those who have access to the code are myself, Gepideth, and Daskalos. Triggers may be added, and settings and variables can be access through LUA.
  • I would rather buy a system that actually costs 400 credits and not have absolutely anything at all to complain about than to buy a system for 2 or 300 credits and constantly have to complain to the designer about several flaws that you find. I won't name names but several Aetolian system sellers currently playing do that.

Not to mention if there is a problem it will get fixed within a reasonable amount of time...When Lanira isn't laying on the couch dying from the flu for three weeks or something.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    AmaraOrisaeEdhain
  • I can vouch for Lanira's system as well. I don't currently use it but it's curing is top notch, fast and reliable. I've also used Lanira as a reference for coding over the past year or maybe more, and he's been an invaluable resource. This system is worth every penny he's selling it for.
    Amara
  • edited January 2013
    I've finished adding reanimation support. Huzzah.

Remember, contact me if you want a free trial!
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Buy Citadel: Its an instant win button for the Great Delosian Duel! The good news is that it doesn't include subpar curing, unlike many of the systems that are strangely written by the same person!
    Can you post anything without trolling, you trolly troll?
    Periluna
  • Citadel is wonderful. That is all.
  • Citadel is awesome, I remember when mudbot was made (kudos Whyte, if you play Aetolia) and Lan has really used it to its potential. 
This discussion has been closed.