Short Questions

Comments

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Is that a very recent change? I don't know how long Angwe's been cardinal, but he's got a fame line, and his character is comparatively young.
  • Innin has it too, also Taygeta. So no they have not removed it.

• Maybe they started giving it out again. For a while people were being told no. I know that at on point you had to ask an admin to give it to you, which is how I got it for being cardinal the first time.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Ive been Cardinal since the last war....and I got the line then.

So I am not sure.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Because orders rotate through OHs pretty swiftly, on the whole.
    Well, they're also appointed, rather than elected.  Yes, Cardinals are too - don't know why they should get an honors line, truthfully.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    It's been a while since I've seriously played Aetolia and paid any attention to this stuff but is this audit right for a Luminary? It... seems extremely low for my class and I'm finding Xaanhal tears right through me now with 1.7-2.5k damage when it didn't before with something like 1.5k damage being the max.

You have the following active defences:
    You are synchronized to Rivas.
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Deafness defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Blindness defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Grip defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Allsight defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Nightsight defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Insomnia defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Venom defense has been added. <>>
    You are tempered against fire damage.
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Kola defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Third Eye defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Cloak defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Deathsight defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Speed defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Levitation defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Sileris defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Clarity defense has been added. <>>
    Your skin is toughened.
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Fitness defense has been added. <>>
    You are protected from light-based damage sources.
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Heatsight defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Magical Resistance defense has been added. <>>
    ::[ Lilith ]::   <<> Selfishness defense has been added. <>>
    You are diverting all attacks.
    You are dodging all attacks.
    You are glowing with a radiant light.
    You are using your superior constitution to prevent nausea.
    You are protected from other sources of fire.
    You will attempt to parry attacks to your head.
    You are protected by 29 defences.

********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total     
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting        10%          0%           63%          38%
    Blunt          0%           0%           64%          32%
    Magic          30%          24%          0%           47%
    Fire           20%          24%          0%           40%
    Cold           10%          24%          0%           32%
    Electric       10%          24%          0%           32%
    Poison         10%          0%           0%           10%
    Psychic        0%           0%           0%           0%
    Asphyxiation   0%           24%          0%           24%
    *******************************************************************************

wp kite
    Cutting protection  : 32%
    Blunt protection: 33%

Cutting protection  : 64%
    Blunt protection: 63%

I realized I didn't have resist rings but when I bought them my audit didn't increase at all. Help?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • RhoRho
    edited March 2013
    It looks like you're also missing warmth/miasma/safeguard. That plus rings would be an extra 20% of damage mitigated.

Edit: Might also be worth it to remove armour. I always liked not having the malus to dodge over having a boon to divert.
  • You're also synchronized to ME, which increases damage taken by an extra 35%. Dunno why, it just does.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HavenAmaraArbre
  • If you have increased skill in Tattoos through a divine blessing, enough to ink an extra tattoo on one of your limbs, say left leg, and you do so...does it stay there and stay usable if you lose the blessing and thus the skill increase?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited March 2013
    Yes. Same as if someone else had inked it.

Actually, I don't know. Guess you'll find out shortly!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • Kiyotan said:
    Yes. Same as if someone else had inked it.

Actually, I don't know. Guess you'll find out shortly!
    Haha. Nice. After reading your response I went and inked one on my extra slot. And if by shortly you mean in 4 days! :P
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Yes, the tattoos will remain.

You have the following tattoos:
    Head:        Boar         Permanent
    Torso:       Tree         Permanent
    Left arm:    Moss         Permanent
    Left arm:    Prism        Uses left: 59
    Right arm:   Cloak        Permanent
    Left leg:    Web          Uses left: 32
    Left leg:    None
    Right leg:   Tentacle     Uses left: 41
    Right leg:   Brazier      Uses left: 21

I shouldn't have that brazier! I always stock up on tattoos whenever I get a blessing. :D

@Rho, thank you! Completely forgot about miasma.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • It will stick when the skill level drops after the blessing wears off. But it doesn't count as an entirely separate slot- if, say, I have a boar on my left arm, and get another slot from a blessing, tattoo a bell on the second slot and the boar wears off, I can't ink the boar back on that limb without wiping the bell first because I'm restricted to a single left arm tattoo.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA

All records show {REDACTED} doing was setting adduction vibe south of the Crack in the Mountainside. Which is perfectly fine for them to do, they had no other listed actions logged when {REDACTED} was killed, and didn't continue. I will be dismissing this Issue
    But wait, I thought luring people into defendable territory was against the rules? So, what's the deal?
    If you are an enemy to a particular city, and one room outside of said city, it has been ruled that you are a potential risk and may be terminated by whatever means so long as you are there, including being yanked into a mob of guards.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    But I was lure/adducted into that room one room from the city. I didn't just wander over there. That's against the rules, innit?
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited March 2013
    What happened was, as I was standing right there, Angwe was sanctifying a previously damaged Haern shrine during the holy war at Aetolia vnum 4130, about five rooms away from a crack in the mountainside (which is considered to be Bloodloch line of sight and therefore defendable). What then happened was that Angwe was forced by lure to wander towards the crack where Ellenia had placed adduction one room out, thus indirectly assisting Chakrasul's Order when Angwe was illegally pulled into "defendable" territory and then into Bloodloch.

The problem as I see it is with Lure. Nearly every beckon ability in the game is limited to a range of one rooms. Every other ability that pulls a victim over a long-distance, such as brazier tattoo, requires that cloak is stripped, empress tarot requires the victim to be lusted, and mind wrench requires a mind lock. Lure is an ability that exists as a psuedo entangle/beckon. The victim is unable to sit or perform any action while being lured and can be beckoned over a long-distance if clarity is stripped or not up. I believe the distance that lure can be initiated without clarity is about 20+ rooms . With clarity, the range is five rooms. Lure is the only "beckon" ability that exceeds the adjacent room condition while simultaneously acting as an entangle. While I'm all for originality in terms of mechanics, it's become increasingly evident that it is not possible for vampires to be able to tell when a victim of their lure is not in line of sight and therefore they're performing an illegal action by pulling them from outside of line of sight and into Bloodloch. I recommended a long time ago that Lure be changed to the same exact mechanics as beckon, but it was rejected because of the administration's policy at the time seeking "originality" in class design.
  • Seir said:
    While I'm all for originality in terms of mechanics, it's become increasingly evident that it is not possible for vampires to be able to tell when a victim of their lure is not in line of sight
      You just get a failure message if you try doing that:

You cannot lure an enemy into your city unless they are line-of-sight from you!

Angwe said:
    But I was lure/adducted into that room one room from the city. I didn't just wander over there. That's against the rules, innit?
    Unless you're open PK, yes. It sure is.
  • I hate lure with every fiber of my being, a resounding yes to 'turn it into vampire beckon'.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SeirDaskalos
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    A certain someone lure-spammed me today while I was bashing, in attempts to get me killed, with "Sect" as their reasoning. All it did was annoy me and make me nearly die to mobs. /personal lure rant
    Seir
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    I don't suppose anyone has a log of what Syvelium looked like before merging with Arion? 
  • I was the one luring during the war. I had been luring Angwe from the room next to the crack and he had writhed out prior, so I didn't realize he was still being drawn in. I guess I must have lured again and he didn't get out of it like he did before. In any case, I'm not a combatant in the slightest and while I knew that luring a room from the city is illegal, I had honestly forgotten and it wasn't really intentional or planned (I'm sorry!). Pretty sure Ellenia didn't know I had been luring before moving to the crack.

That said, I've been on the other side of lure before and have been extremely frustrated with it myself. I definitely understand the desire to have it looked at again.
    Syvelium merged with Arion? 
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Kiyotan said:
    Syvelium merged with Arion? 
    It was an old event that happened a long time ago in the Paladins which involved (surprise surprise) Severn killing Arion's priestess with a cursed suit of armor, which ended up absorbing Syvelium as well, and got turned on the Paladins. And since Arion became Damariel, I think it's safe to say that Syvelium and all things related have gone poof for good. D:
    Does anyone use a font other than the default Courier?  Just curious.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Alistaire said:
    I don't suppose anyone has a log of what Syvelium looked like before merging with Arion? 
    I'm searching my logs (about 900MB worth of textfiles), but it's damn near impossible since I can't figure out how to search through textfiles for a specific word or phrase inside without opening each and every one up on its own.

Anyone have tips on how to do this? (Currently using Windows 8, all files are .txt)