Short Questions

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I saw the stuff! Using the orbs nonstop, but most of the amulets apparently don't stack with what I have already. :( The idea is pretty darn awesome, though; I'm excited to see the ylem system expanding!
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited March 2013
    Ezalor said:
    From what I've seen, this is how Shamans work:

@Illidan kills you.

:D

Check out the new ylem stuff if you haven't as well. There are pseudo artifacts that don't stack with actual artifacts that you can buy. Basically temporary artifacts for us Aetolian 99%. You can wear two of the amulets at once, 30k every 12 days to maintain.
    When that doesn't work and I start to lose, I just point my Mulligan Rapier at them. 

Let @Tina tell it, I'm just abusing Shaman bugs. The whole class is bugged, apparently. It's a bug that Stormtouched reduces your lightning audit to nothing. I'm also autobashing people to death with the same skill over and over again in one combat round (four seconds), unless they have over 8k health. Logic.

Having said that, I'll be more than happy to explain to you how Shamans REALLY work. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Am I missing something, or is there no March promotion?
    Ezalor
    edited March 2013
    My guess is that there's going to be a huge release instead of a promotion this month. Fumology?! Sentinel reworks!? New lycanthrope races!? Ascendril and Sciomancers!? The deletion of Lunare!? Razmael in a thong!?

The possibilities are endless!
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    RiluoAngweRivasHaydynLiancaArbrePerilunaErzsebet
    We've already seen him in a dress. That was enough!
    RivasArbre
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    It's never enough. We must have all the Razmael.
    RivasHaydynPerilunaTeaniErzsebet
  • 'combo' in ferality, which has one of the more useless ab files out there, doesn't seem to let me create a combo that targets more than a single limb. It also doesn't let me target any limb at all with claw/slash.

Is that the case or is my syntax lacking?
    That's the case. THE syntax is lacking. Monks share the same problem as well. 

You can only combo one limb (via combo target hamstring hamstring left, combo target snk hfp hfp left) or one side of the body (combo target hamstring rend left, combo target snk spp spp left). But you can't use the combo command to target different sides of the body, which is silly to me :/
    Can we get this split into a new thread? I think discussion about the Sect would be good, but I don't want people to get irked at us for clogging this thread.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
  • So, I got some credits and learned Transcendent Forging tonight. Been finding it a little confusing, but I did figure out how to finally make something. Anyways, my question is, I know you have to use the 'Flexible' or 'Reinforced' template for armor and shields, but is there a way to use one that doesnt focus like that? IE: not -/+ either one, and just generally improve both? I know the scalemail I found at a shop in Bloodloch upon coming back has 44 cut and 44 blunt, and I'm not sure how one does such a thing with how it seems to work.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You can do 'standard' template, though that's pretty useless (stats don't come out as good). It's best to do reinforced or flexible, then spend all your temperings on the one it doesn't focus on (it'll bring both up, but focus on the one lacking).

MalokEzalor
  • Ahhh, I see. It's been a long weekend, I should have thought of that. Thanks for the response!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    How do I stop the new Shaman grab thing:

Vines suddenly dart in from the west, entangling and dragging you back with them.

There's no warning message and it pulls through mass. Double block the only option?
    Icewalls work as well. 

Or Teradrim. 
    Icewalls obviously aren't that ideal, since they can be taken down and prevent actions between the rooms. And Teradrim, well, that requires a Teradrim for.
    There's no other way to stop it save moving off overgrowth. If you're standing in a Druid's fancy pants flower garden, you are their bi***, to put it mildly.

Same thing with Teradrim and sand.
  • Neither of which are exactly stellar concepts - uncounterable except by one class is kind of a headache. So, let's table whatever we're doing right now and buff Carnifex, yes? That will help with this problem immensely.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited March 2013
    The issue was already brought up before liaisons. Before, nothing stopped it at all. Now, it's limited by overgrowth. You're not always going to have a counter to everything at your disposal, and I'm fine with this. The key is just avoid standing in overgrowth. The same way that we can't counter Teradrim sand unless we have a Shaman. It's to encourage the roles that both classes have in group fights.
    HavenIllikaal
  • I understand that, just seems a bit strong. I dislike things, in general, that 'can't be beat' - like the Templar's aura of 'I'm not moving ever lol'. Or...the grab, I guess. It's manageable, just took me by surprise.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited March 2013

Toz said:
    I understand that, just seems a bit strong. I dislike things, in general, that 'can't be beat' - like the Templar's aura of 'I'm not moving ever lol'. Or...the grab, I guess. It's manageable, just took me by surprise.
    You do realize that Teradrim steadfast works the exact same way, don't you? And it's not that they 'can't be beat' as they are both defenses that can be stripped. They're skills used to help counter certain ranged combat/team breakup mechanics. Complaining about Templars being immovable but not even mentioning Teradrim's steadfast which share 100% the same function is a double standard. 

And also (see what I did there), I don't see why you're complaining when there's a counter to it as simple as icewalling. Saying that it's 'uncounterable except by one class' is an incredibly silly observation. To say that "Icewalls aren't ideal" to stop it is even moreso, not to mention incredibly subjective. There -are- ways to counter it. You might not like it, but there are ways. Just like lifers don't like having to writhe out of Vamp lure, or having to flood/icewall/block to stop it. We have a way to deal with it. We're happy. 
  • I logged into an older character I haven't played in a while to find my news setup still the 'old' style. I've tried the two visible news config options to change it, but neither worked.

The left one is the old one, the right is the newer one. I'm forgetting the command to 'upgrade' to the newer looking one with the different colors and whatnot. Anybody remember?

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • @Aldric: that's actually something that's been bothering me for a long, long time. I either shot myself in the foot, OR this is the only actual difference. In CONFIG COLOR you'll notice you can set "section," "read," and "unread" as any other option. For the one on the right, you want color 6

• KogKog
    edited March 2013
    1 have been gone since Teradrim change. Think that is silly too. 2 ice wall battles are the most boring kind of PvP - I am just going to avoid adjacent room fighting/fighting in overgrowth to deal with it. Would be more eloquent, but I am on my phone.
    Also dislike lure - stuff that ends in do/undo fights irritate more than they should.

Edit: apparently my phone decided to be Kog instead of Toz . Whatevs.

Xavin said:
    And everything Kog says ... is true.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Just because you dislike it personally doesn't suddenly mean they don't exist and/or aren't valid counterarguments.

edited March 2013
    I think a more accurate statement regarding the situation on a whole is:

Just because something is strong does not mean it is overpowered.

Not that I'm saying that this is what Toz is implying, but I've noticed that in the past that people will label an ability as "overpowered" because it's a notable, strong ability. If the ability offers utility that no other class comes close to, you can probably make an argument that it needs to be balanced. Also, if the means of countering said ability require an inordinate amount of effort compared to what it takes to use the ability.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    No, in the context of what he and I were saying, my statement is more accurate.

I edited my opening statement to clarify.
  • There used to be a cardinal one but that doesn't exist anymore.

DamonicusAarbrok