Short Questions

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Nah, Undead are kosher. It's a "purity" elitist thing that D'baen has always done as the reason we don't even let Undead in. Bahir'an does it for a similar reason, I imagine. 

I'm of the opinion that relaxing it to allow Undead will eventually lead to talks about stuff like living Azudim, and the next step after that is to let living in altogether (which is pretty much what happened in a lot of the other Houses). It's a moot concern now considering Abhorash came in and drew the line at Undead but the purity reasons and stuff are still there.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    They're called 'Undead Houses' because back when they were formed, vampirism WAS the only version of undeath - BURY ME didn't exist until later.
    Dhar
  • Alright, thanks!

@Arbre: Makes sense. A bit confusing nowadays though if you don't know that background. :)
  • Should have asked this as well. Which houses are the original four houses? I understand Voltaire is gone (or at least absorbed into Ve'kahi) but what are the other three, and which cam first?
    Bahir'an, Nebre'seir, Voltaire, D'baen.

I think Bahir'an was the first but I know D'baen was the last. Faith was chosen after the other three.
  • edited March 2013
    Thank you.

Now merge Nebre'seir into Bahir'an so I don't have to choose between them.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited March 2013
    Is there a reason mistform isn't on the same level as lightform/blackwind?

Edit: Also, why are there such heavy restrictions on earthmeld? :(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Yea, I think mistform should have the auto-eye sigil thing too

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Daskalos said:
    Well... I wasn't talking about that. Though I think guards do already do that. I meant that I can't mistform and reform body as easily as blackwind/lightform.

I am allowed to mistform but I can't revert unless I return to coffin or earthmeld or die then diffuse mist. And if I earthmeld, I have to wait like two minutes before I'm allowed to rise again. It all seems so unnecessary tedious and restrictive. I'm wondering why this is in place?
    havenbanner2
    Haven said:
    Daskalos said:
    Well... I wasn't talking about that. Though I think guards do already do that. I meant that I can't mistform and reform body as easily as blackwind/lightform.

I am allowed to mistform but I can't revert unless I return to coffin or earthmeld or die then diffuse mist. And if I earthmeld, I have to wait like two minutes before I'm allowed to rise again. It all seems so unnecessary tedious and restrictive. I'm wondering why this is in place?
    Mistform is the vampire death sequence too, which is why earthmeld takes so long.

Eye sigils work differently than with Lightform/Blackwind because of this too; when you get hit with an eye sigil it is akin to doing DIFFUSE MIST and you will reform in (I think) the nearest graveyard rather than on the spot. It doesn't require hypersight to see mist either.

I don't think it was ever intended to be an equivalent to Lightform/Blackwind, hence the big differences. And, to be honest, I'd rather see less of those types of skills than more :P. 
  • I think it's because Mistform wasn't intended to be an infiltration or escape skill like the other two. It's vampiric themed flavor with a sprinkle of mechanics.

Daingean
    When a vampire willfully mists in front of me, and I pull them out of mist, they're back in the same location. Maybe you can't reform in the city, but you can definately use it to quick hit a guard and escape alive, which is what the lightform\blackwind change was meant to prevent.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Doesn't it defeat the purpose though if you hit a guard once and have to go all the way home before reforming?

Unless you can tank the guard long enough to kill him, then mist to escape. That's what I was doing with lightform.

• So, you're saying you want Mist to have more restrictions than Lightform.

You see what I did there? :3
    Daskalos said:
    When a vampire willfully mists in front of me, and I pull them out of mist, they're back in the same location. Maybe you can't reform in the city, but you can definately use it to quick hit a guard and escape alive, which is what the lightform\blackwind change was meant to prevent.
    Ah, I guess willful Mistform and death Mistform are different then. The death one sends you to a graveyard when you get hit by a sigil.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2013

@Daskalos I am not sure how viable that would be for raiding considering the time you are of balance. You can make your own call on that however!

With a low hiss, you launch yourself at a misty apparition, battering him in a frenzied flurry of strikes

Damage done: 1003, blunt

Balance Used: 3.50 second
    H:6435(100%) M:5720(100%) W:100% E:99% [csdb e-] -30
    A misty apparition engulfs you suddenly, your view shrouded as you feel your body being pummeled
    repeatedly from all angles
    H:5727(88%) M:5720(100%) W:100% E:100% [csdb e-] -708h (blunt) +45
    <-----------------------------------
    BAL REGAINED in 3 sec 47 m
    <-----------------------------------
    H:5727(88%) M:5720(100%) W:100% E:99% [csdb eb] -15
    You hold very still, focusing on the air around you and willing your body to mimic it. Closing your
    eyes, you feel your limbs grow light and diffuse, followed by your head and torso. You are now
    totally ethereal
    Magical darkness enshrouds this area. There are 2 misty apparitions here
    There are no obvious exits
    Equilibrium Used: 6.00 second   
    [No perfect matches found.
    H:5727(88%) M:5720(100%) W:97% E:98% [csd -b] -500w -300
    You cannot do that while in ethereal form. You must EARTHMELD or DIFFUSE MIST to regain your form.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

My point is that if the idea behind the eye sigil guard change is that blackwind\lightform made it too easy to escape guards and thus, death, then mistform should have the same disadvantage.

• My opinion though is that these abilities should work in front of guards. It's the whole point of the skill.

In my mind, it's a far better change to make it so that for 1 minute after hitting a guard you cannot use the ability at all, not that the guards throw around eye sigils.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, my question still hasn't meen answered. Is there anyone familiar enough with these forums (mod or admin) who can help me get my OOC-chat category back after accidentally hiding it using the gear?

Teani said:
    So, my question still hasn't meen answered. Is there anyone familiar enough with these forums (mod or admin) who can help me get my OOC-chat category back after accidentally hiding it using the gear?
    I tried to mimic what you did but alas as a mod it seems I literally can't hide from any categories! Not sure there is anything the mods can do about your account settings but I'll check to see if the Admin can help you.
    havenbanner2
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal

Teani said:
    http://forums.aetolia.com/categories/?ShowAllCategories=true

Go there, then click the gear on OOC chat again and unhide it.
    HaydynArbre
    Teani said:
    If for whatever reason that doesn't work try this: Unhide I looked in the source page for the forums and scrolled down to the unhide function where it provides the source link for clicking unhide in the OOC category section.
    havenbanner2
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Fixed! Using @Razmael's link brought the gear out so I could unhide. Thanks for the help! :)

Haydyn
  • edited March 2013
    I don't see Blood Regeneration on RACESKILL CHOICES but I do see it on HELP RACIAL SKILLS.

What was the reason for it not being an option?

EDIT: Aldric answered this for me. It comes automatically with Tekal, so there's no need to actually buy it.

EDIT 2: New question. What IS the Howling? Aside from the signal of the new day, was there ever an explanation given for what actually makes the howl?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    There's a book out there about it, Sheine or something, by Osifer, I think.
    Amara
  • Thanks! I'll see if I can get my hands on it.
    Amara
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I think it's one of those things where a player came up with the lore for it, and no one challenged it so it's 90% canon. That said... WHAT DO I REMEMBER? It never tells me!
    Fenrir
  • edited March 2013
    What's the name of that elixir that grants you health based on how hard you hit/crit? Vigour?

What's the Reanimation equivalent?
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor

apocroustic

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Fenrir