Short Questions

Comments

• Fenrir
    said:
    Shaman? This is also new. I think I can distill this down better.

Out of Templar, Carnifex, Shaman (cause I like new things) and Terradrim, which can I smash people with more? Smashy smashy ouchy ouch. That's my interest.

My favorite classes have always been sort of timebomb-ish. Build towards an offense, then boom.
    As far as ticking time-bomb is concerned, both Teradrim and Shamans are time bombs, in a sense. 

Shamans stack afflictions, and then omen which does 13.5%(ish) of your max HP (true damage aka unblockable) + 1.25 seconds of stun per omen specific affliction you have. There's 4, which means you're looking at 50%+ of your health gone, and a 5 second stun if you let them get away with it. A lot of their abilities have timed/delayed effects which proves useful for burst affliction, and damage output. 

Teradrim on the other hand are time bombs due to how momentum works. If a Teradrim can maintain their momentum, they're definitely a force to be reckoned with. If they abuse your limbs enough, you can get behind on salve balance until an unlucky dislocation procs and sets you back even further. Dislocation is a new affliction that dislocates a broken limb (mending break) and will automatically upgrade it to a restoration break if left alone for too long. I THINK it also upgrades it to a level 2 resto break if you leave it alone, but I might be wrong. Needless to say, the whole point of the salve abuse is to work up to one of the Teradrim instas, which is Earth Hamma. It's pretty sick. 

Carnifex are time bombs...kinda. If your soul gets below 80% (which is in a few rounds) you'd better run. After that, they gain enough attack speed and damage to autobash anyone to death, like I said in my previous post. I'm not sure that's the kind of 'time bomb' offense you were looking for though, judging on how you worded the post. It's not much of a 'buildup-boom' type of class. It's just sorta...autobash until they die. 

Templars are pretty straight forward. Not much of a "time bomb" class, but vorpal releases make nice tools for burst affs. Uhhh...that's about it. You get venomlocked, and you're basically dead. Same ole old school style of fighting. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MastemaFenrir
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited February 2013
    Corpus Claw takes 2.5 seconds balance but if it misses due to Avoidance it takes 3.5 seconds instead. Anyone know if this is intended? 

EDIT:

You strike out at yourself, attempting to slit the skin at his chest.
    With satisfaction, you open a wound that bleeds profusely on his chest.
    Health Lost: 598, cutting.
    Balance Used: 2.50 seconds

With satisfaction, you open a wound that bleeds profusely on his chest.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Health Lost: 508, cutting.
    Balance Used: 2.50 seconds

You sidestep the attack, letting the strike go wide.
    Balance Used: 3.50 seconds

I bugged it but my last bug report (that config daynight on screws up affliction view message colours when it's night) has been unanswered for over half a month now. Not sure where to post these.

Oh and one final possible bug, if you get to the death point in sobriety (which btw is called anvil hammered) and manage to survive by spamming purge body in between the lapses into unconsciousness and the 4k unblockable damage puking, you will continue to fall unconscious every few seconds despite being completely sober until you log out and back in again.
  • Unsure, feels like a bug.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    That last part you just need to issue yourself and have someone divine heal you. I've had to do it and so has Arbre. They usually do it within 30 seconds.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I've had to do it too. Kinda feels like a bug :-/

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Def seems like a bug.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I have at least five issues on my record for needing a cureall from lapses in consciousness.
  • Stop drankin!
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • How feasible are illusions here? Is there anyone actively using them? Are they used often? Are Syssin the only class that gets them? How high is your chance to detect them with those **illusion** tag thingies (if they exist here?) (assuming trans skills if that makes a difference)? Is there anything that raises your chance to detect them? (and is there anything I forgot to ask concerning illusions? -.-)
  • They aren't really feasible. Syssin ones can't be used in combat at all, which leaves mages and monks - these can do some things with them, but universal affliction messages limit these significantly. Which is a good thing, illusions were a rather flawed mechanic.

Catching illusions requires the lifevision ability which only some classes get, or the artifact - if you have either, the chance is 75%.

• edited February 2013
    Ok, so if I don't have lifevision or the artifact my chance is zero? or just very low?

And what. Since when can't Syssin illusion anymore (in combat?) and why? I totally didn't get that memo. -.-
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It's a multi-year old change, taking illusions away from being feasible in combat and back into RP/annoyance space. Sleights were introduced instead, which made Syssin class a bit more accessible in terms of fighting with it and coding demands. 
  • Njiran said:
    Ok, so if I don't have lifevision or the artifact my chance is zero? or just very low?

And what. Since when can't Syssin illusion anymore (in combat?) and why? I totally didn't get that memo. -.-
    Zero without lifevision. Syssin illusions can't be used if you did an aggressive action recently (I think it's 5 minutes? Maybe 10).

• @Ilyon, @Areka: Thanks! One less thing to script I suppose.. ;) 
  • In short, they took away fake afflicting power and replaced it with real afflicting power.
    Lin
  • edited February 2013
    Orly? I wish there was more info on the wiki, or at least for the info that is there to be up to date. :/

PS: Kudos to 'Ghetz' though, whoever that is!
  • What they got in place of combat illusions are sleights and marks. They basically duplicate the point of illusions. For example, you can afflict someone with void, which causes a hit to herb balance twice, but somewhat randomly.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Njiran said:
    Orly? I wish there was more info on the wiki, or at least for the info that is there to be up to date. :/

PS: Kudos to 'Ghetz' though, whoever that is!
    Working on it. :(
    Njiran
  • Does anyone know where to find a fox these days?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount

H:7392 M:5060 E:29398 W:21900 [csdb|eb]summon fox
    You pause and concentrate on the image of a sly fox, sending your thoughts into the forest around you.
    An adult vixen emerges from the bushes.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • That works for Kiyo in real life, too, oddly enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HaydynLinAldricIosyneAarbrok
  • How long does it take for a cshout to be accepted or denied? I've had one sitting in queue for like 2 weeks now
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'd say take it down and resubmit it, but you better do that about six or seven times in a row just to make sure. In fact, make an alias that just does that.
    EzraxRivasAldricArbreAarbrok
  • What are the neutral EQ times for Whisper and Dwhisper?
  • I know a powerful vamp is:

3.75 dwhisper

2.75 single whisper

Not sure if that helps any!

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • That's exactly what I wanted.

Also, just to be certain, Statpack EQ bonuses are what percentage? I know EQ crown is 7%, but I can't remember if it's 10% per level or 5% per. Or 7%. Or whatever else.
  • 7% per level

• Thank you both.
  • edited February 2013
    Is this correct:

1) Both living and undead can each be afflicted with 'asthma' AND 'limpveins'. (Though you can only ever have anorexia OR belonephobia, depending on whether you are alive or undead.)

2) Asthma would block smoking for a living character, limpveins has zero effect.

3) Limpveins would block injecting for an undead character, asthma has zero effect.

4) If I am undead and have limpveins sensitivity and blood poisoning would block me from curing limpveins with the eyeball slice.

5) If I am living and have asthma, I don't care about sensitivity and blood poisoning because asthma comes before them in the curing queue.

6) Annnd finally: Is there a reason why the curing queue is different for the respective 'asthma' aff for living and undead characters? (Assuming the previous statements are correct)
  • So in everyones findings so far (please only reply if you have tried PKing with the class) what seems to be the better statpack for Teradrim? I think dex and int look to be the best, I know dex is silly when you get your momentum going, but I'm interested in hearing how people have done with maybe Herc or something.