Short Questions

Comments

• edited February 2013

I am specilized in blades, racial and will sit there making dozens at a time to get those stat in some cases. But of the 20-30 I made that day, those were a sample of the ones I got. I normaly do not make spears, I mostly produce halberds, hammers, armour.

Here is a few more I made just now, and the numbers jump up and down all the time. So I think it was pure luck in my case!

#88836       128      108      131         0          80       No
    #90480       136       98      130         0          80       No
    #92872       131      101      134         0          80       No
    #49450       120       86       144        0         80        No
    #10412       129       100       135       0         80        No
    #44871       126       98        129       0         80        No
    #47127       136       101       128       0         80        No
    *******************************************************************************

Oddly I got the same number after smelting a few !!!!

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • What's Fumology?
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Smokes!

• Where do you get it?
  • Does the firelash or fulgorwhip damage scale with int?
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Noon said:
    Where do you get it?
    You don't. It's been Coming Soon for like three years.

Noon
  • Noon said:
    Does the firelash or fulgorwhip damage scale with int?
    yes
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    How do you smoke a cigar?

light cigar
    That cigar does not seem to have been rolled with any blend.

smoke cigar
    That cigar does not seem to have been rolled with any blend.
    Noon
  • ignite cigar maybe

inhale cigar.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Thanks! I've been looking for cigars in Aetolia and finally stumbled into some in Hashan. Wish they lasted more than two months though :(.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm not sure why they wouldn't allow either syntax to work on cigar.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited February 2013
    IGNITE SMOKE
    STUB SMOKE
    STUB SMOKE TARGET
    INHALE SMOKE|PUFF CIGAR(?)
    EXHALE SMOKE
    EXHALE SMOKE TARGET
    WEAR SMOKE (cigarettes only, IIRC)

Those are all the commands I know.
    NoonPiperLin
  • Looking at coming back now that I have more time. A question regarding Templars:

Last I was here, Carnifex were recently nerfed and considered weaker than Templars except for Wrench

How has Templar changed since then?

Are they still capable of dishing out crazy damage?

Have Carnies changed at all?
  • I now have a lit cigar tucked behind my ear.
    LinIosyne
  • edited February 2013
    In terms of Carnifex skills, they are as buggy as ever, and unchanged. Still we hope it gets fixed sooner than later.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Templar have gotten quite a few changes lately. Our masteries are all kind of meh, so you can pretty much use whatever you like. The class is viable, but weakened to the point that Belgarion took a hiatus from fighting due to it.
  • Well that sucks.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    And then the class got changed again. Templar bashing got nerfed, but it's still pretty decent. Can't tank everything easily anymore, but it's not overly problematic. I don't know about how good the pvp is but Withering is pretty evil if you can get it to stick since it reduces ALL of your stats by one with each tick until they hit 1 unless it's cured.
  • I've been out of the loop for a long time. I'm trying to get into fighting as a Praenomen. Why exactly does AB MENTIS BLOOD mention Four Humors when there is currently only three in Mentis? I understand the fourth was Black Bile. Did it get taken out?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Blackbile has been removed some time ago, yes.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Likely an old AB that needs to be updated.

And hello again Fenrir! You oughta try the new Teradrim class, it's ten kinds of sexy.
  • Whut it do?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Earths.
    Fenrir
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited February 2013
    It does earth, very hard and very liberally. (that's what she said)

Just like before, it's a massively tanky class with a golem, and earth/sand based magic. What's new is that your golem is programmable and can attack mobs. Speaking of attacking mobs, nearly every attack you have works on a mob (nerf skullbash). You create sand in the same way a Shaman creates overgrowth, you create whirlwinds of pure sandy death, and you utilize goddamned FLAIL MARTIAL ARTS. It's pretty sweet.

They kept the flavor of the previous Teradrim incarnation, but everything is very versatile, very fun to use. The momentum system is pretty exciting, for instance. And of course the new lore is great. The Teradrim are literally keeping the world safe.
  • edited February 2013
    Shaman? This is also new. I think I can distill this down better.

Out of Templar, Carnifex, Shaman (cause I like new things) and Terradrim, which can I smash people with more? Smashy smashy ouchy ouch. That's my interest.

My favorite classes have always been sort of timebomb-ish. Build towards an offense, then boom.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Teradrim - Carnifex - Shaman - Templar.

I'd say the Shaman and Teradrim class are interchangeable on my list depending on how quickly you tap into the full potential of the class. I haven't had a chance to seriously tinker around with Teradrim yet but from what I hear Shaman is the more difficult class to master. As far as I know Illidan is the only person to have Shaman fully down.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • /chin

Thanks for the info.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Shaman is a hard class because it's set up very differently than any of the others, as I understand it.  As far as bashing, I hit pretty hard as wise with no arties, but I feel squishy - though this is just coming from being used to Sentinel bashing.  Guild lore is really, really, really amazing and not hardly tapped into (we have drugs).

Illidan's the only current combatant - Aishia was learning it, and I think she had it pretty well (I saw several reclamations from her), but she's not playing.

• Templars are still really good, imo. Just gotta wait for OPBartholomew to get back into the swing of things. They have really good killing potential, though their utility is still extremely lack luster. They're basically an old school version Paladin with a way to kill someone other than 3x dsb. The goal is still to venomlock, and either triple dsb, or go for retribution. Other than that, the class is pretty solid. 

Carnifex still can, and will continue to autobash anyone to death that gets in their way, provided you give them enough time. They'll stay this way until the administration figure out what to do as far as reworking them goes. Afaik, the only reason Carnifex are acceptable in their current incarnation is because 90% of the rest of their skills are utter crap, and don't synergize with their killing methods at all. It's sorta like old teradim, and cocoon. 

Shamans are extremely powerful, but equally complicated. Like every class though, they have their drawbacks. Very high willpower drains, low audits, etc. There's a lot of "if this, then that" as far as offense goes. Almost every offensive skill has a regular effect, and a boosted effect. Shamans thrive on energy usage, and some abilities cost/require/generate X amount of energy to use. Boosting any ability will cause the effects to differ, and usually make them become more powerful. This generally stops an ability from generating energy, and may cause it to consume more than usual. I personally am in love with the class, and how challenging it is. Any shaman who picks up kills with the class is definitely worth their salt. Honestly speaking though, as long as the class has been out, lots of people still have not learned the shaman specific afflictions and therefore don't cure them. As of right now, its pretty easy to kill people with the class. Valingar and Citadel users are the only people to my knowledge that have the ability to deal with Shamans, and I must say its a complete nightmare in doing so. Having said all that, I still don't have Shaman fully mastered, but I'm getting there. There's just so much you have to wrap your mind around, and equally as much that you have to keep track of on the fly. 

I don't know much about Teradrim, except that they are very versatile. You can get away with being literally any statpack and viably PK (Yes, including powerful and experienced.) This is due to their ability to gain attack speed (momentum) up to a cap. Because of this, you don't necessarily need to be dexterous, or wise. I say wise because they can make their attacks scale on Intelligence rather than Strength, and make their attacks cost EQ instead of Bal. They're also like Shamans in the fact that they have lots of options as far as offense and defense goes. Shamans have to pick and choose what oaths and fetishes they want to fight with, whereas Teradrim have to pick what inks they want to pain their golems with, and what runes they want to paint on themselves. It definitely will bring out the skill of a combatant as an individual to know what abilities to use in what situation. Other than that, the class seems like a very nasty limb abuse class. After looking at the skillset, and talking to Haedyn about what goes on in the mind of a Teradrim, the only problem I see is with Sandstorm and how it basically caters to one truly useful ability. That may or may not getting changed, but one can only hope. 

Also: Templar masteries got nerfed into crapola, because the administration felt that some were too powerful (which they were), and instead of picking a mastery for power, they would spread the power out more evenly across the class as a whole. Flails do pooptons of damage, and I don't know why. Both Shamans and Teradrim can pump out scary damage, but they have to meet certain conditions to do so. You don't have to worry about them walking into the room, and slapping you in the mouth for 3k damage right off the bat. 

If you have any further questions regarding Shaman combat as far as an in depth understanding goes, I'll be more than happy to answer them. Kudos to me for typing this all out on my phone!
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    FenrirKiyotanArbre
  • Thank you Illidan!
    Calipso