Short Questions

Comments

• edited January 2013
    There have been undeniable cases of it in the past, see: http://www.aetolia.com/node/59363

But from said thread, Galleus is quoted:

We have already changed it such that anyone above base Mortality level cannot vote in elections. This clearly was a very, very poor misjudgment by more than one person, and I apologize that it came to a head in the fashion it did. I am disappointed in the fashion it's been handled on all levels, but this ultimately falls on me not just to actively protect against, but to prevent from happening in the first place. In the past, before my tenure even began, it had been policy that Gods involved in the politics of a city could cast votes in the elections of that city. Obviously this policy stands in opposition to the desires of the playerbase, and for good reason. It should not, and will not, happen in the future, and I apologize once more to those involved who have been negatively affected by the process.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Mastema
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AmaraLinRivas
  • Why do undead characters not look undead? Shouldn't you be looking ghostly, ghoulish and ghastly? I can understand vampires looking sort of alive, but why aren't there more undeads with like eyeballs rolling out of their sockets or something? Most undead people that I run into look more alive than anything else.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited January 2013
    I'm playing my first undeady type that I've really committed to, so the way I like to interpret it is that you're preserved the way you were when you died - but if you take on a major scar or other disfigurement (the kind we like to RP being in agony about instead of rubbing mending on because we're dramawhores), it'll leave a dramatic permanent mark on you.

I'm expecting my character to fit your zombie description by about the age of 30.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    The undead players aren't your run of the mill necromantically raised undead. They're creatures preserved by Ivoln's divine will. The other types of undead (aside from liches, I suppose) are largely mindless, lumbering and disgusting creatures. The player type of undead (still sometimes mindless!) aren't so much walking corpses as they are simply removed from Life/Death. They're rebuilt by earth when they die for a reason- I tend to view them as sort of like golems, in a way. Ivoln's golems just so happen to retain all of the intelligence and abilities they had before becoming one.
  • They should probably have a rougher, more earthy look but yeah. They're not by necessity walking corpses.

Haven
  • edited January 2013

person has gained stupidity (Pole Spinslash - aconite)
    You discern that a layer of venom has rubbed off your weapon
    A jolt of raw energy travels through your weapon as it gorges itself on person's soul
    ---Balance Used---
    Spinning a slender halberd of steel and obsidian deftly in your hands, you bring it about for an other strike
    person has gained paralysis (Pole Spinslash - curare)
    person jerks to the side, the attack barely grazing him
    person side-steps, partially dodging your attack and quickly hammers your left arm with his fists
    Your left arm has taken 7.31% damage

What is this about, does it just fire at random. I ask because I never targeted a limb and it fired still, so I am guessing it is not a guard skill. Anyone seen it before, know what it is all about?

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited January 2013
    Even if it weren't super-against-policy to do that, you'd have to dick with something that I'm pretty sure is hardcoded to change the outcome of an election. You couldn't do it on the fly.

Edit: ...whoa, how did this reply get moved so far forward?

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

person has gained stupidity (Pole Spinslash - aconite)
    You discern that a layer of venom has rubbed off your weapon
    A jolt of raw energy travels through your weapon as it gorges itself on person's soul
    ---Balance Used---
    Spinning a slender halberd of steel and obsidian deftly in your hands, you bring it about for an other strike
    person has gained paralysis (Pole Spinslash - curare)
    person jerks to the side, the attack barely grazing him
    person side-steps, partially dodging your attack and quickly hammers your left arm with his fists
    Your left arm has taken 7.31% damage

What is this about, does it just fire at random. I ask because I never targeted a limb and it fired still, so I am guessing it is not a guard skill. Anyone seen it before, know what it is all about?

Assuming you're fighting a tekura users, it's asb, which is an arm block counter attack hit. They also have lsb which does the same thing for legs.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• So it fires even if you do not hit a limb? As I never targeted a limb in the spar and it fired. Also cheers for the reply.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Right. Armblock and Legblock are a bit misleading in the name, but basically they're just a block similar to bodyblock\pinchblock\tripblock when it was around, et cetera. The difference is ASB and LSB hit a specific limb instead of knocking you uncon\proning\reducing damage. So, turn on ASB and get extra arm damage when the block fires instead of reduced damage, et cetera.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Mastema
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daskalos said:
    Right. Armblock and Legblock are a bit misleading in the name, but basically they're just a block similar to bodyblock\pinchblock\tripblock when it was around, et cetera. The difference is ASB and LSB hit a specific limb instead of knocking you uncon\proning\reducing damage. So, turn on ASB and get extra arm damage when the block fires instead of reduced damage, et cetera.
    ...it shouldn't be firing though unless you're targeting limbs though, right? Which he wasn't. I think that's his question.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Mastema
  • No. It fires regardless as long as you're hit. Whether you target on a limb or what limb you target does not matter. Armblock has a chance for the monk to retaliate with a strike to either of your arms up on being hit. Same for legs. The same goes for all of the blocks. The only deciding factor on how much of a chance that it has to hit you is based upon what stance they are currently using. Some stances have much lower/higher chances to proc a block than others.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    HavenMastema
  • Thank you guys for clearing it up. I will keep an eye out for it in my salve setup.
  • 1) Is there a variable in GMCP for elixir balance? And with that I mean levitation not health/mana. The char.vitals.elixir seems to be for sipping..

2) Is there anything aside from levitation that still uses the affliction-healing elixir balance?
  • 1) gmcp.char.vitals.elixir is it i think?

2) immunity elixir which cures voyria
  • Ezrax said:
    1) gmcp.char.vitals.elixir is it i think?

2) immunity elixir which cures voyria
    1) -> char.vitals.elixir is for the sip balance (health and mana). I'm looking for the aff healing elixir balance -> levitation and immunity... it doesn't seem to have a gmcp flag.

2) thanks!
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Don't think there is one. Here's a (I think) full list:

hp
    maxhp
    mp
    maxmp
    ep
    maxep
    wp
    maxwp
    nl
    xp
    maxxp
    blood
    bleeding
    blind
    deaf
    prone
    cloak
    fangbarrier
    flying
    herb
    salve
    pipe
    elixir
    moss
    tree
    renew
    focus
    soul
    residual
    status
    balance
    equilibrium
    left_arm
    right_arm
    wield_left
    wield_right
    class
    string
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Is there any easy way to tell whether a clan is set as autocratic, semi-democratic or democratic without actually trying to contest the leader?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I want to say it is listed under EXEC_SUMMARY.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It's not.
    Any forgers about who can comment on the upper bounds of spear stats? The highest I've been able to find is around 330 in combined stats (damage + penetration + speed), do they get much higher than that?
  • @Ezalor: Thanks! I find that kind of strange since every other common balance appears to have one: sip, herb, salve, pipe, focus, tree, moss.. even renew is there. Just not aff healing elilxir. Oh well.. Thank you. :)
  • edited February 2013
    Ezalor said:
    Any forgers about who can comment on the upper bounds of spear stats? The highest I've been able to find is around 330 in combined stats (damage + penetration + speed), do they get much higher than that?

It depends on if you need it to match dwhispers for example or not. The average I produce (all rounder) is:

Damage: 136 Penetration: 100 Speed: 133 Arcana: 0

Damage: 138 Penetration: 110 Speed: 148 Arcana: 0

Speed ones are about this on average:

Damage: 95  Penetration: 90  Speed: 170  Arcana: 0

SIDENOTE: I have no hammer, so these are meh.

Ezalor
    edited February 2013
    Mastema said:
    Ezalor said:

It depends on if you need it to match dwhispers for example or not. The average I produce (all rounder) is:

Damage: 136 Penetration: 100 Speed: 133 Arcana: 0

Speed ones are about this on average:

Damage: 95  Penetration: 90  Speed: 170  Arcana: 0

SIDENOTE: I have no hammer, so these are meh.

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed. The one I got was 120/74/135 and I was wondering if they got much better than that. Apparently they do!

Oh and as far as I know the hammer merely increases the chance at better stats, it doesn't actually produce higher maximums.

EDIT:

Wow, how long did it take you to get those stats? I haven't been able to come close, ~100 spears and the highest ones I've gotten were 370 or so combined stats. The one you posted there is almost 400...
  • edited February 2013
    @Ezalor Hammer, forging specialization (specialize in blades, blunts, etc. at the dude in Delos that sells weapon patterns) and racial ability forging boon thingy. Get 'em and the close to 400s will roll out like 1 in 10. You can get around 179 at the highest. Say FORGE HEAVY SPEAR, TEMPER SPEAR FOR DAMAGE x6. It'll be slow though. >.>
    @Ages Yeah I have the forging specialization and the racial specialization. No hammer though. Unless I'm really unlucky the max temper is 5/5/5 so I'm assuming for a honed weapon the max is 140/110/140.

The one @Mastema posted is even higher than that though so I'm wondering if it's runed or if tempers can go even higher than 5/5/5. And wow, if it's 1 in 10 for using the hammer then it seems it really does make a big difference. As I said in forging ~100 or so spears the best one I got was 133/100/137. 750 credits is such a steep price though :(.

Thanks!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Yeah I'm calling bug or hijinks on the nums Mastema posted (hopefully admin can answer to that?). In all of my forging, those are ridiculously high. The highest rounded I've been able to do (with hammer, racial spec and apprenticeship) is a 120/<95/150 / the other way around, or a 140/<95/130 split, without runes. The only reason my bashing warhammer is as high as it is (158/93/148) is due to my weapon rune. 
    edited February 2013
    @Razmael would it be possible to get an idea of just how much the artifact hammer helps? Like for example, if it's currently an even split across all the tempers (20% chance to get each number from 1-5) would the hammer increase the chance of getting +5 in a stat to 30%? 40%? 50%?

I just pulled those numbers out of my ass but it would be totally awesome if we could get an insight into the actual tempering formula. Or, barring that, an estimate of how much the hammer helps.
    Orisae
  • edited February 2013
    @Ezalor I don't know the exact percent and such, but it's a diminishing return like most artifacts in Aeto. And I found this for you READNEWS ANNOUNCE 1969 also http://www.aetolia.com/node/61126

I know this has changed a bit, but it's the most comprehensive list of changes, including how the hammer works.