Short Questions

Comments

• If you do, you can ARTICALL to get it back...but you should do it quickly before the item is permanently deleted from the game. If that happens, you message Razmael and bribe him with a link to some internet boobs, or something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• I don't suppose anyone has the description of Grumagh, Warlord of the Devourer?
  • edited January 2013

how much damage should i take as a syssin in Xaanhal or as a Carnifex. I noticed that I can take 4k+ damage in a single hit as a Carnifex with blessing and white amulet... which seems high.

carnifex 84/84 fullplate

Then as a syssin i take 4.5k+ per hit as a syssin.

syssin 40/43 scale

Other times I might take 3-4 max, so it seems like a random number at times hence asking.

--Sorry in both cases I am normally powerful when I hunt for the extra audit etc, with rings to reduce it further.

Also I see monks solo the place as dex, how?

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Makura
  • Mastema said:

how much damage should i take as a syssin in Xaanhal or as a Carnifex. I noticed that I can take 4k+ damage in a single hit as a Carnifex with blessing and white amulet... which seems high.

carnifex 84/84 fullplate

syssin 40/43 scale

Other times I might take 3-4 max, so it seems like a random number at times hence asking.

--Sorry in both cases I am normally powerful when I hunt for the extra audit etc, with rings to reduce it further.

That seems high, what is your max health?

Also, I think Monks have a skill called Numbing in Kaido. They need to have perfect timing for it to work though.
  • edited January 2013

As Powerful my max health would be 6457, and as a dexterous it is around 5512. This is why normally I just go powerful to bash, while switching to dexterous for pk.  I tested dexterous today also and it was just as bad in both statpacks, minus a few hundred for powerful.

I just looked into numb and it is pretty simple to use, you just spam it with every attack macro and it fires when you can reuse it! Thereby reducing huge chunks of npc damage.

Shinji

• Mastema said:

carnifex 84/84 fullplate

syssin 40/43 scale

Xaanhal mobs do elemental damage, not cutting or blunt, so your armour is useless there. In fact, HELP AVOIDANCE tells you that having armour hinders your dodging ability.

To bring down their damage, you need resistances. Miniskills, enchantments.
    Shinji
  • edited January 2013
    I see you can now craft things in woodcraft that are not simply wood, but could be bone or some such. How do you then change the requirements of the item? I understand you can add things, but how do you change them?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

Mastema said:

As Powerful my max health would be 6457, and as a dexterous it is around 5512. This is why normally I just go powerful to bash, while switching to dexterous for pk.  I tested dexterous today also and it was just as bad in both statpacks, minus a few hundred for powerful.

I just looked into numb and it is pretty simple to use, you just spam it with every attack macro and it fires when you can reuse it! Thereby reducing huge chunks of npc damage.

Do Powerful to bash there for the boost to resistances. Remove armour, and either wear leather armour (embed your soulstone in your armour for Carnifex), or do without. Dodge melee specifically (I've noticed that helps quite a bit).

Don't forget to work on your resists if you haven't already.
    Mastema
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Shinji said:
    I see you can now craft things in woodcraft that are not simply wood, but could be bone or some such. How do you then change the requirements of the item? I understand you can add things, but how do you change them?
    For woodcraft and tailoring, you can't. The base comms are fixed and can't be changed like jewelcraft and furniture can. All you can really do is add stuff.
    As a note on woodcrafting, at least when it comes to things required for combat, I believe it's to ensure that there's a standard cost across the board. If you had bone vials, you could just harvest/dissect them and it wouldn't cost you anything to make vials whatsoever.
    HaydynIosyne
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Makura said:
    Mastema said:

carnifex 84/84 fullplate

syssin 40/43 scale

That seems high, what is your max health?

Also, I think Monks have a skill called Numbing in Kaido. They need to have perfect timing for it to work though.
    Perfect timing = "queue bal numb". Attack three times. "queue bal numb". Rinse and repeat. Uses a lot of endurance though, so I prefer to bash Tiyen Esityi.
  • Phoenecia said:

For woodcraft and tailoring, you can't. The base comms are fixed and can't be changed like jewelcraft and furniture can. All you can really do is add stuff.
    Hmm, I only ask because of the post Becue made saying:

On the nature of Tradeskills - -
    ---------------------------------

An oft-repeated issue with Tradeskills revolves around the topic of the
    individual tradeskills and appropriate materials. After much discussion,
    it has been decided that each Tradeskill's main draw, or appeal, is to
    have access to the unique variety of patterns it unlocks for the
    crafter, not necessarily because they wish to work with a specific
    material. We feel this is what captures the essence of being creative in
    Aetolia - to give our most creative individuals the artistic freedom to
    make wondrous things.

What does this mean? Woodcraft items should not be restricted to wood or
    wood-related materials alone. Rather, a crafter seeks out Woodcrafting
    in order to make vials, coffins, parasols, et cetera. Naturally, common
    sense should still reign. You should not be putting entire brooches on
    dresses, and thereby defeat the point of a Jewelcraft 'brooch' item. You
    should not be making beds from impractical materials such as white
    fluffy clouds. What this simply means is that you should now feel free
    to make a Woodcraft vial out of bone
    , or a Floristry bouquet out of dead
    skulls.

etc etc etc
  • Right, she later elaborated on the crafters clan that the base would have to stay the same. Consider it sort of like a 'fee' to be able to make something cool. In the case that, say, you wanted to make a pike made of bone, you'd include bone in the additional components, and in terms of approval the base comms would be disregarded.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited January 2013
    I have NO idea how the customization system works. I learned that many people customize their homing pigeons to appear as a different kind of bird, but this requires twice the customization fee (100 credits, or 2 certificates). The help file is pretty clear about the fact that items must remain the same kind of item. Does that mean the pigeon is the only exception?

Also, if I had a minipet, could I customize it using a customization certificate, even though an average customization is 50 credits, and a minipet customization is 75? My issue with the pigeon makes it sound like the certificate is only worth a 50 credit customization, so I'd rather know for certain before I try customizing anything again. 
  • Aldric said:
    Right, she later elaborated on the crafters clan that the base would have to stay the same. Consider it sort of like a 'fee' to be able to make something cool. In the case that, say, you wanted to make a pike made of bone, you'd include bone in the additional components, and in terms of approval the base comms would be disregarded.
    Okay got it, thank you.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Tolemy said:
    Slow down and breathe - you're confusing me.

Now, no one pays 100 credits for a customization anymore - buy one certificate.  They're 10 IC, which is roughly equivalent to about 15 credits.  MANY items, but not ALL can be changed into different items; that's why some of the artifact powers are listed as 'must be worn' etc.  To change what an item, in this case the pigeon, looks like, it takes one certificate.  To change the object it IS, it takes two.  The requirements on customizing the pigeon are something along the lines of 'must be a flying animal'.
    Razmael
  • I'd always assumed the term mage was gender-neutral but now I'm hearing stuff that mage is masculine and magess is feminine - i.e. Cia is supposed to be the Archmagess because she's clearly female. Any thoughts on which is right?
  • I think mage or magi are fine. That other one makes me cringe.
    ErzsebetCiarelleHaven
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Mage, Magi and Magus are all gender neutral as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Magess is a dumb word.
    LinAlexinaHavenAngweErzsebetLianca
  • Yeah, for some reason, it made me think of cheerleaders but I thought I'd find out what other people thought anyway. Thanks!
  • When Ori was a Sciomancer, she called herself an Iron Magess because of her iron artifacts. I always kind of liked the term, myself. Probably a matter of personal taste.

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    ArbreEzalorAmaraLinCiarelleHaernIllikaal
  • Does the water_walking artifact still exist? if so what does it do in terms of moving across water? decrease the period or make water literally like ground? Also what is the artifact power called? water_walking?
  • edited January 2013
    I think you are looking for is this
    Zephyr: 250 Credits
    - This property will give you the ability to walk on water. It must be put on a clothing item, and it must be worn to have effect.
    Shinji
  • Kaeus said:
    I think you are looking for is this
    Zephyr: 250 Credits
    - This property will give you the ability to walk on water. It must be put on a clothing item, and it must be worn to have effect.
    That is the one, thank you. Do you know how it works? is it reskinned fast swimming or treating water as ground?
    Treats water as ground.
    Alistaire
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Zephyr is awesome. I have it as Neithan and sort of forget that water even exists.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    How/where do you view/subscribe to the IRE newsletters?
  • Alexina said:
    How/where do you view/subscribe to the IRE newsletters?
    View: http://www.ironrealms.com/newsletters

Dunno how to subscribe anymore. :( Sorry.
    imageimage
  • This is not meant to offend, but can votes be rigged outside of players votes to suit a god, by a god or anything. I ask because I remember someone asking me a few real months ago and it just surfaced again in a converstion in another IRE game.