Short Questions

Comments

• SilenaSilena Immortal
    Toz said:

Or how does everyone know each other's name, know details in their honors, or relative might, or circle, or use tells? In fact, I'd say since anyone can learn monk skills everyone is a telepath, just not formally trained enough to do anything with it unless they take up monk.

My own theory is that some details of how the world would actually work are substituted as 'honors'. I.E., normally one might hear about so-and-so through tavern gossip and other forms of communication that would ordinarily take months to disseminate in a world like Aetolia. However, as months of waiting to hear about such things would be incredibly boring to roleplay in a game, we have a command that serves the same purpose. Same with things like 'citytells/guildtells/ordertells/tells'. It's still something that's difficult to explain if, say, writing Aetolia fan-fiction(who would do that?), but I prefer it to the 'everyone's a telepath' explanation.

If you think about the fact that one real day = one month of game time, it's not so hard to believe that's how it works.
    Erzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I just don't think about it.
  • Some things on honors might never be spoken of though. Clan memberships? I sort of blend the two. Little bet of telepathy, little bit of prestige, word of mouth, etc. I really don't add someone's race into any RP or IC knowledge I have. I might use the term in an emote because I like to do that instead of a billion he/she/they/name repeats, but it's not like a knowledge that Rashar has.

I'll probably add the racial heritage to the same category. You might be of human descent but you've got bat wings and goat legs and a tail and kitty ears and you're fifteen feet tall and breathe fire and your eyes shoot laser beams. Eeeeh.
  • edited April 2015
    NEVERMIND, got it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    What other stats does the Sun have?

Your skin begins to slowly smolder and char beneath the assault of sunlight.
    Health Lost: 235, fire, magical
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    The Dirge of the Aalen:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level: 100
    Area: the Bloodwood
    Giver: Keeper Alia

Keeper Alia in the Bloodwood has asked you to collect spectral essence
    from the spirits you destroy that roam the forest. With a heavy heart,
    she will sing the dirge of the Tsol'aa and weave a creature of great
    strength to bear you in your journey so their memory will continue on.

Objective:
    [ ] Give spectral essence to Alia. Progress: 0 / 500

ABANDON QUEST BLOODWOOD_DIRGE if you wish to abandon this quest.

Personal Completions: 0
    Total Completions: 1

I really want to know who had the dedication to finish this quest.

Zaephlyn
    I will be #2

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    @Serrice I know Eliser finished it a long time ago, and is currently sitting on like 960+ essence he can't do anything with.
    imageimage
    Zaephlyn
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I couldn't even get the quest from the mob. Oh, she speaks of the spirits and saying they should be destroyed, but no quest appeared for me.

• there any way to learn Horkvali?
  • Serrice said:

The Dirge of the Aalen:
    Level: 100
    Area: the Bloodwood
    Giver: Keeper Alia

Keeper Alia in the Bloodwood has asked you to collect spectral essence
    from the spirits you destroy that roam the forest. With a heavy heart,
    she will sing the dirge of the Tsol'aa and weave a creature of great
    strength to bear you in your journey so their memory will continue on.

Objective:
    [ ] Give spectral essence to Alia. Progress: 0 / 500

ABANDON QUEST BLOODWOOD_DIRGE if you wish to abandon this quest.

Personal Completions: 0
    Total Completions: 1

I really want to know who had the dedication to finish this quest.

I'm 100 away from completion.

• edited April 2015
    Soooo, not to bring up old questions but it still hasn't received any administrative clarification.

Will the Heritage line in descriptions someday become an option we can toggle on and off?

Will we still get a choice of languages once we ascend?

Will we automatically retain the racial skills of our chosen heritage upon ascension?
    Erzsebet's question is better than this! :P

@Erzsebet has mentioned the workaround of an artifact that will allow the character to hide the line if a toggle option is too difficult to code in.
    Another option would be to make an artifact that would simply make the heritage unknown. Something like: "from an unknown heritage" for those characters who don't look anything like their original race and don't want people to know what they were before ascending without proper roleplay and speaking of their past.

edited April 2015
    Yes, we'll retain the racial skills, that's one of the features of this. The question there, was if those of us who've already spent the racial points to get flight and hovering and air stability, as an example, that were atavian, would get refunded those skill points, since if this were a thing originally, we wouldn't have had to shell out the points for them.

As a side note: I have seven endgames. And two who are nearing it. I would buy eight hiding artifacts. Though. I don't want it to say 'from an unknown heritage' either. The beginning of our descs is already too cluttered, and I dislike the sentence in general.
    imageimage
    Zaephlyn
  • edited April 2015
    Can we make the chocolates available in Qeddwyn's shop much like cryptic chests are?

30 cr - a mint chocolate
    15 cr - a hazelnut chocolate
    10 cr - a caramel chocolate
    10 cr - a strawberry chocolate
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

MalokAlexinaRasharArekaErzsebetRivasPerilunaJensenIshinRiluo
  • BOY IT SURE WOULD MAKE PEOPLE SPEND MORE CREDITS.
    MalokIshinRiluo
    Aren't those the going rate for them from players? I would jack them up more, or else you're just hurting the players who do sell them.

• .. did @malok disagree with a post that was supporting the post he just agreed with?

Also @draiman, only mints go at that rate. I've never bought or sold the others for that high. AndI've bought and sold quite a few.
    MalokIshin
    Maybe he thought you were being sarcastic?

I've sold all of 'em for around 20. But these days you can't really price high because they decay.

Is there supposed to be a message sent when stuff you have on auction decays? Had two globes up, and I guess they decayed, because they're no longer on auction but I didn't get any credits out of them.
    imageimage
  • edited April 2015
    The price for Chocolates, Globes, tend to go up and down depending on circumstances, I have seen hazelnut, caramel go for 30 cr, I have seen mint and globes go for 50. Having them buyable puts a firm price on them as to 'this is how much it's worth' which I would be loath to do on a business standpoint.

It would also remove some of the desire to buy chests as it will make an easy way to get something that is a consumable and temporary like chocolates, it will remove the scarcity of the items, around events like great hunts, essence gathering, power leveling to Tekal or even when someone is seeking a lot of globes.

Edit: A better example would be buying lessons for gold.
    Kendri
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Mael said:

The price for Chocolates, Globes, tend to go up and down depending on circumstances, I have seen hazelnut, caramel go for 30 cr, I have seen mint and globes go for 50. Having them buyable puts a firm price on them as to 'this is how much it's worth' which I would be loath to do on a business standpoint.

It would also remove some of the desire to buy chests as it will make an easy way to get something that is a consumable and temporary like chocolates, it will remove the scarcity of the items, around events like great hunts, essence gathering, power leveling to Tekal or even when someone is seeking a lot of globes.

Edit: A better example would be buying lessons for gold.

Yeah but buying up chests drove hearts, eyes, grimstims, and chalice prices right into the toilette. I've given away dozens of each because they're so common. I'd rather be able to purchase what I want and gamble for something of a higher value than pay a lot of money to want something of a low value.
    ErzsebetTeani
  • Quick crafting question:

I had a tinderbox design rejected stating that I needed to add straw, but none of my other tinderboxes have straw added nor do the ones I have access to and they all mention straw in the examined. Is straw and actual commodity that I've just never seen?
  • Periluna said:

Quick crafting question:

I had a tinderbox design rejected stating that I needed to add straw, but none of my other tinderboxes have straw added nor do the ones I have access to and they all mention straw in the examined. Is straw and actual commodity that I've just never seen?

Yes, it's an item that you can get in Delos. Go to v4935. I imagine that the other ones were approved by people who overlook small things like that in the description.
  • I recently acquired a shop in Delos and with the recent changes to shop taxes, I have a few questions. Apologies before hand if there are help files that cover this and I didn't find them!
    1. How long, after taxes have gone unpaid, before a shop in Delos be put up for Auction?
    2. If one knows that they will be unable to remain active for a month or two, would it be possible to make short term arrangements, such as pre-paying taxes for a set amount of time?

I figure that people might have the same issues in cities, but as they're player run, it would be easier to work it out amongst the players if such a situation were to arise.

ArekaErzsebet
  • Xenia said:

I recently acquired a shop in Delos and with the recent changes to shop taxes, I have a few questions. Apologies before hand if there are help files that cover this and I didn't find them!
    1. How long, after taxes have gone unpaid, before a shop in Delos be put up for Auction?
    2. If one knows that they will be unable to remain active for a month or two, would it be possible to make short term arrangements, such as pre-paying taxes for a set amount of time?

I figure that people might have the same issues in cities, but as they're player run, it would be easier to work it out amongst the players if such a situation were to arise.

I'll go ahead and do a stab at answering these questions, but @Razmael can correct me if I'm wrong:

1. I believe it is 3 IC years of unpaid taxes before the shop gets repo'd. It may take longer for the shop to go up for auction, depending on when admin can get it sorted out.
    2. With the changes, you'll have to transfer the shop to someone else and have them handle the taxes. There is no current way to prepay taxes for Delos. I know in BL they will allow you to prepay, so for city shops you'd have to check with the Chancellor. But, as you said, easier to work out among the player-run areas.
    So uh. Is $(Name$) not the token for name placement in shouts for some reason?

Trying to make sure this -is- a bug and not a user error. >.> Have three alts with custom shouts that are showing up as $(Name$) instead of their actual name.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:

So uh. Is $(Name$) not the token for name placement in shouts for some reason?

Trying to make sure this -is- a bug and not a user error. >.> Have three alts with custom shouts that are showing up as $(Name$) instead of their actual name.

It should be $(name$), so you may need to resubmit them.
  • 2 questions.

In regards to the recent post about alts being abused to vote people in, how do you guys notice that a second is being abused in that regard or just in general? Obviously, if you cannot answer this question because of admin power reasons, I understand.

Second, the challenger writ that costs 150 marks. Does that work for ALL mobs bashed in the Vortex or does it just work for the mobs IN the Vortex? Also, does it stack with mint/chalice/20 other xp buffs?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Does anyone else read the noob comic? Because it always makes me think of Aetolia
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited April 2015
    Zsadist said:

2 questions.

In regards to the recent post about alts being abused to vote people in, how do you guys notice that a second is being abused in that regard or just in general? Obviously, if you cannot answer this question because of admin power reasons, I understand.

@Zsadist
    I guess and not being an A$$ but I guess alts shout about it on web or to people on aim/skype and people take offence since it is breaking the help seconds rule.. and people issue themselves/message said admins and admin look into it to double check all is fair in love and war! Since the game is logged plus CHARACTERS all your alts will be listed under the same email ..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    @zsadist - Pretty sure they can just see it? Like, elections on the back end have a list of char IDs that voted where, and if you've registered your character (or even not since back end can also see IPs?), they know which belongs to who.
    Teani