Short Questions

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Toz said:

How the hell are we supposed to hinder magic damage classes now (looking at you, Shaman) - weariness is focusable and I sure as unicorns can't push mental affs.

I'd have preferred they just stuck it onto clumsiness, but it being on weariness works out okay for Syssin. Not sure about Carni/Sent though.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

Toz said:

How the hell are we supposed to hinder magic damage classes now (looking at you, Shaman) - weariness is focusable and I sure as unicorns can't push mental affs.

I'd have preferred they just stuck it onto clumsiness, but it being on weariness works out okay for Syssin. Not sure about Carni/Sent though.
    Carnifex is super boned, forever. We cannot push mental affs, at all, without sacrificing a great deal. Our 6s stupidity ent isn't gonna cut it in a fight, especially not when we're 'not a locking class' and are instead supposed to focus on sticking sensitivity/soul poisoning to kill.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Question for the @Admin team:

LEYLINES show a total of 15 foci globally and I just finished running through all the 122 areas I have on my list (missing Beryl reef and Tecpatl's cradle that I know of) without finding a single one.

I know that areas are changed from time to time, with rooms being removed/moved and so on. Is it possible that some rooms might remain open for minor foci in such areas by mistake?

Ishin
  • edited March 2015
    Teani said:

LEYLINES show a total of 15 foci globally and I just finished running through all the 122 areas I have on my list (missing Beryl reef and Tecpatl's cradle that I know of) without finding a single one.

I know that areas are changed from time to time, with rooms being removed/moved and so on. Is it possible that some rooms might remain open for minor foci in such areas by mistake?

I did do a pretty thorough hunt of areas not too long back and they should be fairly caught up honestly. Foci can just go away/pop up fairly quickly sometimes, so some of those are likely in that situation. Definitely not 15 that are not in areas that can be reached by players. If anything, maybe up to 5. Best way to test it is to get a few people together to hunt at one time and fan out.

Edit - I just did a run through the AREAS list and some rough running around to nearby areas by them. Found 11 out of 20.
    I found a few after a while, but it seems a bit strange that there can be so many out there. It's not like it takes me long to run through all the areas. How often do they spawn?

• Teani said:

I found a few after a while, but it seems a bit strange that there can be so many out there. It's not like it takes me long to run through all the areas. How often do they spawn?

That'd be a great question for @Oleis or @Razmael. I'm not sure the actual math on them. But in like..the 10-15 minutes I was out doing my hopping around, 5 had popped up and 1 had went down.
    Well, I make my round in about 5 minutes now, so it shouldn't be shifting -too- much! <.<

• CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    So I know sometimes objects have different names in Aetolia than they do on Earth, which is neat.

With that in mind, is there anything at all in Aetolian fashion that resembles a hijab or could be worn as such?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited March 2015
    Can do a veil/headscarf described as one. I made one for Maite way back when.

Edit:
    a draping $(dye$) headscarf embroidered with $(dye2$)

Meant to be draped around the head in a modest fashion that would hide the hair and cover the neck, this headscarf offers a considerable amount of fabric to drape in a pleasing way as well as possesses a soft texture for comfortable wear. The $(dye$) linen-silk blend has been embroidered with a complementary $(dye2$) pattern of splaying vines and flourishing blooms that radiate in a geometric consistency from the fabric's hem.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I got one along those lines: How about a french braid?
    You mean a Delosian braid, @Areka?

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Arbre, but sure, is that what we're calling it?
    Oi! Sorry, @Arbre! I actually got autocorrected for some strange reason. And yes, I believe someone described a french braid and called it a Delosian braid at some point. It's not set in stone, I think, but that's just one way to do things. Describe something from the real world and then apply a name to it.

Start a new trend with a simple description line: Her hair is spun in typical Kornar fashion, with a multitude of thin braids hanging in a heavy curtain around her head, some of them adorned with colorful wooden pearls.
    And voila! We now have Kornarian braids as opposed to Jamaican braids!

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I guess my inclination would just to go with some equivalent/close style like "Fishtail" braid. .
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Fishtail braids and french braids are pretty different things though. I spent many summers at overnight all girl camps.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    They are pretty close! Bible camp lasts a whole week!!!
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Teani said:

Leylines shouldn't be showing up in the Cradle IIRC.
    Awesome. Thanks, @Trigru! Means I don't have to add that one!

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Is something up with Aetolia today? Pretty much everyone I've talked to is lagging like crazy. @Oleis @Razmael @otherimportantpeople
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

KendriMalokZsadist
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    We track hardware lag pretty aggressively, and I have only seen one or two uncharacteristic spikes over the last few hours. Certainly nothing that would cause a noticeable issue. I'm definitely noticing some delays myself, but it's network latency. Chances are there's maintenance taking place at our ISP or some sort of regional switch in that area is misbehaving. Hopefully it'll quiet down soon.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • The lag is not resolving itself and has been getting worse to where multiple players curing systems are not curing properly, if at all. You type press orbis and it doesn't go through until 5-10 seconds later. Makes doing lessers literally impossible. Hopefully this isn't a larger problem or something.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It isn't quite as bad as that on my end - average between .3-1s delay on commands - but it's definitely noticeable and out of the norm.

Malok
    config firstaid on
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Is the vampire Sire skill -supposed- to not have a third-party message? Don't think I'd ever done it with another player in the room before, but was told there are no third-party messages on it whatsoever. One would think creating a blood blister bubble on your wrist and feeding it to a nightstalker would be fairly visible. Isn't exactly the vampire's most subtle skill.
    imageimage
    Malok
    @Oleis - How do you guys feel about lowering Leylines in vision? It's at 0% gifted right now, while Detection is down at 0% Adept. Could Leylines be brought a little closer? I think it'd help lower the entry bar for ley conflict.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Does anyone know how exactly the rune of cutting works? Does it add 5% more damage after all damage reduction or before? The helpfile is pretty vague, and I'm considering getting it in the future.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • I think you play BB more than anything? Take this with a grain of salt, as I have never played the class and could easily be wrong. But I think there are a -lot- of better things to buy than that. I have a few arties, and that's not something I've ever even considered.
  • Yeah, I just got the level 3 empowerment rune today. Just looking for more ways to increase damage. 500 credits seems very steep for 5% more, unless it works a certain way. I may just get rune of the leech instead. I mean, the way the helpfile is worded, I wouldn't even be surprised if it added 5% to the damage stat on the weapon instead of the actual damage you do. I literally have no clue.
  • Rune of leeching is awful and in no way worth it. 5% of 1000 is still just 50.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArekaIshin
  • Well, another question then, if I have white amulet and blessing consistently(which I seem to), is it worth it at all to buy +1 str arti? I was told it doesn't stack with those, but I'm not sure of that either. Or do you have to buy at least +2 str to get +1 more than what white/blessing gives you?