Short Questions

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Can illusions go back to being useful? The limit on 'complexity' is similar to the limit on crafting appearances. It's killing a -very- useful player tool for running rp events. I can't even post a full sentence without passing the limit.
    ErzsebetTeani
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Blood vision, too. Longer ones would be awesome. Short ones are a lot more limiting. Needlessly so.
    imageimage
  • Nerf illusion size if they have the combat timer. If you have 10 min timer active, illusions can be one line. If not, cap them at like emote length or something, but only one newline allowed to prevent combat abuse?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Conjure combat illusion to send the limited illusion
    conjure emote illusion to send an illusion with a gmcp flag
  • Zsadist said:

Second, the challenger writ that costs 150 marks. Does that work for ALL mobs bashed in the Vortex or does it just work for the mobs IN the Vortex? Also, does it stack with mint/chalice/20 other xp buffs?

It works for any mobs that reset there, so anything built into the zone itself. The xp bonus should stack as far as I understand it.
    Zsadist
    So playing around with illusions more... The first line can be longer than the rest but I'm only able to put out 3 lines total.... even though the ab says 5. This is super frustrating as it's impeding several stories I had planned.
    Malok
    edited April 2015
    Hokay. So. I mentioned blood vision length limit earlier. Didn't realize it had been nerfed all to hell. Can only do 86 characters of text now. Blood vision isn't a combat skill, why does this have such a ridiculously short limitation? And when did this get beaten with the nerf stick? Was this intentional?

**Isn't a combat skill, and can only be -used- as a combat skill if the person in question agrees to you siring them--and only then, while they're still on your side.
    imageimage
    Sarita
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Yeah, I was trying to use it in some RP stuff last night and couldn't fit anything meaningful into that limit. It was pretty disappointing since it was one of my favorite skills for sire/childe RP.
    Erzsebet
    edited April 2015
    I don't have player childes but I can see that being frustrating. It took me 30-40 minutes to break my illusion down into 5, 3 line conjures that don't look neat.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    We were doing some cabal RP stuff the other night and @Eleanor had to break up her illusions from her artifact staff to small short lines and it really hindered the Roleplay and made the experience awkward and choppy. @Oleis or @Razmael is there any way we could make some exceptions or considerations on this. I'm sure you are likely already looking into it but it's definitely a pretty big Roleplay issue
  • Why not just make it 3/4 seconds EQ or better yet BAL time to do an illusion.. and unable todo on the combat timer.. like you cant go into news after combat you got to wait a little
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Didn't they just nerf combat potential with hypersense adjustment anyway? Probably something they'll poke into.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Yeah I'm not coding all my shit around that. Again. I don't care how simple it is or isn't. How about you make using illusions in combat a shrubbable offense and we remove the restrictions on illusions? Everyone except people who run around illusioning in hopes to break someones system is happy, hooray.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ErzsebetJensenAldric
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Why not color illusions to match emotes?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Is there an easy way to have your system ignore things of a certain colour or something?

Not sure how that'd help the issue, if not.

But bluntly, as is, neither illusion staff nor blood vision is at all useful for any kind of meaningful roleplay as is, and the former sure as hell isn't worth 500 credits. I'd like to know if the length is going to be addressed, so I know if I should just trade in the one I have, and not buy the ones a friend and I were planning on getting, or if it'll actually shifted back to being useful.
    imageimage
    At this point it's cheaper and easier to just grab Syssin. Illusion isn't very high on the ab. So 200k if you can't get a guild member to do it.
  • Staff uses subterfuge illusion. It's long enough, really. I think if anything the others should be looked at. I use it for RP -all- the time. It's supplementing emotes, not replacing them, and if someone is cool with illusions in rp (I never ask, tough luck!) I'm sure they can wait for a couple of them. You can get like 4 lines with subterfuge. Hell, people yell at me when I emote bigger than that. :(
    edited April 2015
    You get 3 with illusions. I've been testing for the last 2 days. Id be fine if it just had a longer character limit and line wrapped naturally instead of all cut and choppy aka conjure illusion nobody this is my illusion, and the sentence requires two lines.

You have conjured:
    this is my illusion, and the sentence requires two lines.

Not
    Conjure illusion nobody this is my illusion, and the sentence$nlrequires two lines.

You have conjured:
    this is my illusion, and the sentence
    requires two lines.
    edited April 2015
    It isn't even close to being long enough. Can't use it to write a single normal-sized sentence, as is. I used it for RP when it wasn't quite so limited.

As a note, I haven't tried with staff-illusion--going on what @Aarbrok said, which implies that the new restriction on blood vision is on all illusory skills. 86 characters is -stupid- short. Four lines would be fine. It's one thing to have to break up a giant block of text into reasonably smaller blocks of text. It's another to be required to use choppy-as-fuck sentences and only have one sentence per vision/illusion. The former allows people to respond to what you're doing as you're doing it, the latter significantly hinders roleplay.

Isn't really in-char to just pick up syssin, though you're right in that it would be cheaper.

From the staff of illusion--tested it, and it's got a stupid short limit. Didn't feel out the exact limit, but whatever it is, it's stupid short.

conjure illusion Eliser Motes of bright light circle around the room, glistening brightly as they shift from a shimmery gold to a dark, sanguine red.
    Mana Lost: 50
    That illusion is too complex to be created in a convincing fashion.
    imageimage
    Jensen
    Ninja'd by Jensen. Think it should have an overall character limit, and as long as you don't go over that character limit, whether you have one line or three, is fine.

But frankly, I think it should be limited by emote length, not an arbitrary three shorter-than-usual lines.

What -I- meant by three lines, and thought you guys meant, was three lines of text at 80 wrapwidth, which is at least not completely useless.
    imageimage
    Right. So. Admin question. Why would you choose bloodwood and vortex as the areas for the bloodhunt? It excludes everyone that isn't at -least- level 100 from participating, and for those of us who suck at bashing, not to mention PK, it probably excludes us, too.
    imageimage
    Many players work toward endgame and then have little goals afterward. It incentivizes bashing post circle 100 while encouraging pvp. If you're not good at bashing there are still plenty of areas to hit. Everyone can get better, but it's very hard to get worse at bashing.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Jensen said:

Everyone can get better, but it's very hard to get worse at bashing.

This sounds like a CHALLENGE.

DristinErzsebetSilena
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    The illusion length problems were actually a bug. Should be fixed now.
    JensenErzsebetSaritaAarbrok
    Soooo much love @keroc
    Erzsebet
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    "Primus," the vampire said, her eyes downcast. "I cannot compete in the Vortex. I'll be undone!"

"Well, Childe," Abhorash mused, his mouth firm. "It sounds like you have work to do."
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Riluo
    edited April 2015
    Mm. My point being that it automatically rules out a large portion of the people in the dominion from playing too.

Not that this is really my biggest problem with the whole thing, but. Generally. While I get that folk who've gotten endgame want new goals and such, excluding literally everyone else in the org just seems like a bad idea? Not that anyone would go tell the Primus 'waah, I can't participate' IC, but from an OOC standpoint, seems like kind've a unicorns move.

Edit. THEN AGAIN, I suppose saying 'Hey, you already have to have gound to level 100 to grind for three days straight' is merciful on everyone that isn't endgame, because they have a built-in excuse not to participate.

Edit edit. I'm very surprised the forums does not automatically filter that word. >.>
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited April 2015
    Erzsebet said:

Mm. My point being that it automatically rules out a large portion of the people in the dominion from playing too.

It's a mechanic directly rooted in bashing and PK in which participation is optional. It is indeed exclusive, but that isn't always a bad thing. If your point is that we don't do enough to entertain Dominion players whose main focuses are crafting and RP, I certainly won't argue. You're absolutely correct. It's a far stretch to call it a bad decision to entertain the remainder, though.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    SerriceSaritaTeaniRiluo
    edited April 2015
    Didn't say it was a bad decision. Was just questioning why you'd purposefully exclude most people from participating due to ability, rather than desire.

Nor was I requesting a crafting-based event. We're vampires and much as I cannot stand bashing and PK on an OOC level we're not exactly going to get together and have a knitting party. We deal in blood, bashing and pk-oriented events make sense.

That said, it sure as hell doesn't feel optional to me, as a house leader.
    imageimage
    If you look at a character holistically, then you need to examine both bashing and pvp into how a character is played. While we do have purist fighters, purist bashers, and purist rpers, there are players that combine them. The best players IMO do all three. Because I can't RP a BAMF warrior, and then decline or run from fights, nor can RP being the greatest hunter, but not have fame kills or even enjoy hunting. And I know it is a game, so you shouldn't have to do anything you don't want to do, but it will limit the RP you're allowed to have.

So I'm not telling you to bash, nor fight. You don't like it and I can respect and understand that. But I am saying that you're exclusion is self imposed.
    ObynRiluo