Short Questions

Comments

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Erzsebet said:

Was mostly asking because we have a bunch of house (org) mobs, and were considering stuff they do when we're not actively playing with them and tangentially were pondering if they might go hunting and such and eventually get endgame, since you -can- buy tough for a mob, though that seems much less climatic and sans buildup. Just idle ponderings, for the most part. You don't really see ascended mobs, often.

This prob belongs in lore questions, but is that because they -can't- ascend, aren't adventurous enough to have the -desire- to ascend or...something else entirely?

Super late answer, but we actually have three NPCs that have ascended! Baelak Shipbreaker, Nesventesh, and Andharai.

... Actually I think there was another one that I'm probably forgetting.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Ati ascended I believe @Trigru
    DraimanTrigru
  • As is Slyphe's current high priest.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2015
    recently noticed a change in the DEFENCE or DEF..

before it used to tell us what % the armour was cutting and blunt wise, now it just shows that we are wearing armour..

Any idea if the % has been deleted for good or, is it coming back? So I can delete it from my system..

BEFORE: ^Your armour offers you (\d+)\% increased protection to (\w+) damage.$

AFTER: You are wearing refined leather armour lined with gold for protection.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Erzsebet
  • at what level technologically are drills canonically in the game? I figure with the state of Ylem mist driving things to Steampunk art-deco as it were, AND the mines that currently exist, I'd imagine that drills, while not exactly to these massive things that are like what we have IRL, but are at least just above hand-crank status? And out of curiosity, what exactly can a terramancer do in so far as metal goes? I figure we're like Earthbenders in a way, and cannot mould metal in the same way we can affect earth, but I also have to note that we actually use METAL flails to very great effect, our ability to control them being greater than the average person who is swinging about these three METAL spiked balls on a chain attached to a wooden handle.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'd not push it too far into Steampunk. Most common thing in mining is still the pickaxe. Delve is more advanced than we are, and mining ylem is related to their research (as far as I know), meaning the things -we- do on our continent is still not as advanced as to be close or similar to that.

ArekaDristin
  • So, since we've gotten Nodesense in Bloodloch now, I made a set of triggers/aliases/script thingies today to go around trying to find minor leylines with it. My question is this, is it a bug, or an intended result, for seeing a minor leyline in the area using the LEYLINES command, but not being able to path find minor to it?
    You reach a hand outwards and close your eyes, seeking for the ethereal energies of the leylines
    around you.
    There is currently no major focus in existence.
    You detect 0 lesser foci:
    You detect 1 minor focus.
    There are a total of 9 foci globally.
    Equilibrium Used: 2.32 seconds

There are no minor nodes in the area.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I've found that happens occasionally, though it's usually areas with special entrances (or Scidve and that stupid secret spot).
  • Ahh, I thought that might be the case, but I was just curious for confirmation given that it doesn't say it will fail on such a thing in AB RESEARCH NODESENSE.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Who should I contact in Aetolia if someone's embrace/bloodline is messed up? This has happened multiple times now, and I'm curious as to if there is actually one person who is supposed to be fixing/handling it.
  • Malok said:

Who should I contact in Aetolia if someone's embrace/bloodline is messed up? This has happened multiple times now, and I'm curious as to if there is actually one person who is supposed to be fixing/handling it.

You mean there are actually people whose bloodline is NOT messed up. :D

Malok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2015
    Is the Black bloodwoods quest broken as I have cleared it twenty times this week and not a single bit of essence, furthermore there seems to be an invisible spirit in the area that can not be harmed.

H:7470 M:4972 E:24068 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    Amidst a copse of trees.
    ------ v57545 -------

/
    [ ]-[ ]
    / \ \
    -[ ] [ ] [+]-[ ]
    / \ /
    -[ ] [<]-[ ]-[ ]
    | | | | \
    [ ] [ ]-[ ] [ ]-[ ]-
    / | \ / | /
    ------- 9:6:0 -------
    The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A distressed spirit drifts in the air here.
    You see exits leading east and northwest.
    H:7470 M:4972 E:24103 W:21900 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]
    [Oasis]: Update: Bashing activated.
    Xenia has succumbed to the pain and torment inflicted upon his soul by Lim.
    You divine the location of this death as A small, well-lit cave in the Sect of Blades arena.
    You tear into a lingering soul with an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow, ripping open deep wounds
    which spurt dark, hot blood into the air. The scent of it engulfs you, driving you into further
    frenzy.
    Damage done: 0, cutting, brute
    Balance Used: 3.33 seconds
    H:7470 M:4972 E:24063 W:21900 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You tear into a lingering soul with an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow, ripping open deep wounds
    which spurt dark, hot blood into the air. The scent of it engulfs you, driving you into further
    frenzy.
    H:7470 M:4972 E:24030 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]
    frenzy.
    H:7470 M:4972 E:23997 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]
    You send your wisp to spread across a lingering soul's vision, eliciting a blood-curdling scream
    just before you slice into it with an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow.
    H:7470 M:4972 E:23994 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]
    You send your wisp to spread across a lingering soul's vision, eliciting a blood-curdling scream
    H:7470 M:4972 E:23961 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]
    A distressed spirit streams away northwest.
    H:7470 M:4972 E:23961 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]
    H:7470 M:4972 E:23921 W:21885 B:99% Mad:0% XP:13% [csdb e-] [eas ftr]

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    You mean Bloodwood? The lingering soul is a thing. Normal. Standard. There are a few that hang out in Bloodwood. Sometimes there, sometimes not. You just have to target by number where they're present, pretty much.

Essence dropping is fairly rare compared to essence dropping anywhere else. You did clear everything? Is usually get at least one after clearing all of the things in the area.
    imageimage
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Yeah every room which is why I thought I best ask. It is a huge pain to be honest that it keeps occurring.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Usually should be at least one essence per run. 1-6 is about standard if you kill everything there unless you just have the most horrible luck ever--or more likely, if it's broken.

Is there any point to the map (a crisp map of Sapience) artifact now that monuments / the path system have changed?
    imageimage
  • Do statpacks resistances show up on audit?
  • Neoma said:

Do statpacks resistances show up on audit?

I'd imagine so, since the statpack for Toughness has a magic-weakness and that shows up when I do AUDIT MAGIC, and before I had magic-resist stuff, it was visible as -10% for that.
    @Neoma : Yes.

If you break it down individually, it shows up like this:

audit fire
    The following abilities and items are protecting you from Fire damage:
    Racial Resistance: 10%
    imageimage
  • @Erzsebet ok thanks and also I had completely forgotten we could audit each resistance to get extra info. :/
  • How does one go about getting a unique marriage honors line like @Eleanor has? Or was that a one time thing?

After being married to @Callidora for almost 3 years or whatever now, I thought it'd be nice to look into. :)
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I believe it was last years Valentine event, where little certificates for it were given out. Rumor has it, people still have some lying around, but they certainly don't come cheap.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Malok said:

How does one go about getting a unique marriage honors line like @Eleanor has? Or was that a one time thing?

After being married to @Callidora for almost 3 years or whatever now, I thought it'd be nice to look into. :)

It's a valentine's day thing from a while back. Forget what it's called, but it's a rare certificate to get your hands on. Doubt there are any still around that are unused.
  • This is more for an Admin and if this is intentional or just again, me bugging :P

If you do

queue focus focus###queue slice outc lobelia###eat lobelia###queue tree touch tree###

### being the separator, is it meant to fire each on its OWN balance?

As at present, its not its doing --

queue focus focus###queue slice outc lobelia###eat lobelia###queue tree touch tree###
    Mana Lost: 250

You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies. (used focus)
    You eat a lobelia seed.
    You touch the tree of life tattoo.

H:100.00% M:95.41% [csdb] [eb] |B0|S:100|xp 14.79% (m/c)
    You may eat another plant.(Herb bal)

Your mind is able to focus once again.(Focus bal)
    Mana Lost: 250
    You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies. (used focus)
    You eat a lobelia seed.
    not firing herb til it has focus balance back

H:100.00% M:90.83% [csdb] [eb] |B0|S:100|xp 14.79% (m/c)
    You may eat another plant.(Herb bal)
    H:100.00% M:90.83% [csdb] [eb] |B0|S:100|xp 14.79% (m/c)
    Mana Gain: 270
    H:100.00% M:95.78% [csdb] [eb] |B0|S:100|xp 14.79% (m/c)
    Your mind is able to focus once again.(Focus bal)
    Your tree tattoo tingles slightly.(Tree bal)
    You touch the tree of life tattoo.
  • You can't use separators to merge several queues atm, iirc. Not logged in, so I can't double check here, but that's the way I remember it going. So for that to work, you'd probably need to send it in 3 chunks, ie:
    queue focus focus
    queue slice outc lobelia###eat lobelia
    queue tree touch tree
    TragerIshin
  • thanks @Valingar I just figured ya could!
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Dristin said:

Malok said:

How does one go about getting a unique marriage honors line like @Eleanor has? Or was that a one time thing?

It's a valentine's day thing from a while back. Forget what it's called, but it's a rare certificate to get your hands on. Doubt there are any still around that are unused.
    "ticket111111" a pink heart-shaped ticket
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Dristin
  • I'll buy it off ya Ishin.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Zsadist said:

I'll buy it off ya Ishin.

2k cr bro
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    DidiRiluo
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

thanks @Valingar I just figured ya could!

This was the way to let you execute numerous commands when the queue fires. As the queues are inherently a way to avoid lag, it doesn't matter when the QUEUE command itself goes through, but you may want to do a few different things when that balance returns, and a simple trigger WOULD be affected by latency if you sent multiple commands.

Hope that helps explain a little bit!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Is there some sort of randomized timer on the darkness conjuring arti during daylight? Because I have conjured darkness and then literally, 10s later, i'm being burned by the sun again in the same damn room.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo