MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• ...my crap seems very small in comparison, but right now I have a Nokia that doesn't work because it got deactivated 24 hrs before I expected it to. Naturally, I had waited until the very last day of my airtime because it was supposed to stop on 1/31/14 at 11:59, because I was hoping I could transfer my remaining minutes to my new smartphone. Oh no. Last night at midnight. *sigh* I can't figure out how on this system I can use my new phone with my old phone #. I tried to reactivate my old phone online, but it doesn't like not having an airtime pin #.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Nothing says 'good day at work' like a disruptive drunk drugged up patient throwing a fit.

Periluna
  • Piper said:

Nothing says 'good day at work' like a disruptive drunk drugged up patient throwing a fit.

At least they aren't -all- drunk. Majority of my customers are... In fact, the recent "snow storm" we had this past week almost wiped us out beer. The Budweiser vendor was happy.
  • I haven't run in a week. It's just been too goddamn cold. Living in Georgia means I don't keep a lot of cold weather running clothes around, because I USUALLY don't need them. I feel twitchy and anxious when I can't run.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Got dentistry done yesterday. Today: Still nauseous, still can't open mouth all the way, and around the tooth that needed work was lasered because why the fuck not? (I'm assuming this was my Dentist's reasoning). so now I have an angry crater of bleeding sadness around the newly crowned tooth.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Mariena said:
    Got dentistry done yesterday. Today: Still nauseous, still can't open mouth all the way, and around the tooth that needed work was lasered because why the fuck not? (I'm assuming this was my Dentist's reasoning). so now I have an angry crater of bleeding sadness around the newly crowned tooth.

It does get better, and you have a whole new appreciation for solid food for weeks afterwards.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    When I had my wisdom teeth removed, after I woke up from the drugs, apparently I propped myself sideways on the patient bed and asked my girlfriend "do you think I'm sexy?" in front of all the nurses, doctors, other patients, and my mom. All while drooling blood everywhere and barely able to form coherent sentences.

I found using mouthwash and/or salt water gargles helped a lot to alleviate the aftermath. Don't use too much, however, you can unbalance the bacteria culture in your mouth or something and get these nasty painful sores, which I totally did. Man I have a bad experience with dentistry.
    SlyphePiperDaganArekaArbrePerilunaDraiman
    I just vomited everywhere after my wisdom tooth surgery. For like.. hours.

/me awesome.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited February 2014
    I apparently asked a lot of questions and told my mother some embarassing things. She had a meeting that night and I was -super- druggy, and she didn't trust me alone, so she had a friend of mine babysit me. She had to help me heat mashed potatoes and mac and cheese because I was arguing with the microwave. 

I also ended up working out some of my stitches (which thankfully were already on their way out, but still) because it was annoying me, the ends flopped like when you have a bit of chicken stuck between teeth. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    This thread has become amazing.
    Emelle said:
    @Piper: I'm getting mine out next week and you're freaking me out. D:
    Don't be. My family has always been hypersensitive to anesthesia. After that wore off, I was bright and chipper and you'd never have known I had surgery. Had a gum surgery a few months back and, after a fun-filled painkiller rollercoaster ride of a weekend, I was back to work and feeling pretty good. Don't be afraaaaaid.

It was more painful to have them all in rather than the after effects, if you ask me
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Arbre said:
    This thread has become amazing.

My rage: Stupid a-hole customers who are too lazy to make the effort of giving items they don't want to an employee to put back, or move their hand 5 inches to put the thing back in place.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AryannePeriluna
  • Re: wisdom teeth removal

@Emelle, don't stress about it! When I got mine out last year it was a pretty easy process. Areka was right on the ball in saying one of the most annoying things was the stitches getting stuck in your teeth. Take the medicine they give you for it on the schedule you're supposed to and the pain should totally be nonexistent at best to completely manageable at worst.

I'm pretty sure I was back to eating normal foods within 4ish days, just mind stuff getting stuck in the spots where those teeth used to be :P

Emelle
  • Slyphe said:
    Re: wisdom teeth removal

@Emelle, don't stress about it! When I got mine out last year it was a pretty easy process. Areka was right on the ball in saying one of the most annoying things was the stitches getting stuck in your teeth. Take the medicine they give you for it on the schedule you're supposed to and the pain should totally be nonexistent at best to completely manageable at worst.

I'm pretty sure I was back to eating normal foods within 4ish days, just mind stuff getting stuck in the spots where those teeth used to be :P
    To add to this: pick up a few bags of frozen peas prior to your appointment. You can wrap the bags in washcloths and put them against your jaw/neck to keep the swelling waaaaay down. It helps a bit.

SlypheEmellePeriluna
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    My rage: People that seem to think that they are entitled to things because they desire them. This level of entitlement changes depending on what they're trying to get - if it's food related, then they are super unicorns about it, you can't placate them, even if you give them exactly what they're demanding.

Yesterday, the stream of the live theater presentation of Coriolanus derped - the pvr didn't record it properly, and thus, we were unable to stream it. This was a pretty big event for those who cared to go - the tickets were $23 each, and pretty much everyone bought them in advance, they were excited for this. So we kissed major butt, and you know what? Every person I handled was amazingly nice about it all. Most of them just switched their ticket to the encore we have in February and took the 'whoops, shit' pass we were giving out for the inconvenience gladly.

My co-worker was not so lucky. This guy, who did not have a ticket to the show, shows up and demands to purchase one, despite our signage stating the technical difficulties and that the show had been cancelled. He proceeds to totally yell at her until not one, but three managers had come over trying to calm him down - one that'd been there handling the discontent from the start, and two drawn by his yowling - and he was demanding compensation for his time in travelling to our theater and blah blah blah.

I repeat - everyone who had a ticket to this show was really polite about our technical difficulties, and many of them even bought tickets to different movies instead, understanding that this was totally not our fault and accepting the free switch to the encore and the 'whoops, shit' pass we offered them to see a future show free of charge - a special event, like the one that'd fizzled, so that pass has a massive value. Some of those events are $50 a ticket - and this guy did not have one and was yelling the face off a sixteen year old cashier.

If you go to McDonald's, and order a Big Mac, and they say 'Oh, we're sorry, but we're out of special sauce - we're not offering Big Mac's today.' you probably shrug and order some other possibly-edible food product, no? Seems logical to me.

Why is it that because we're a movie theater, people feel justified in demanding free shit just because what they want is unavailable? Yes, it's inconvenient, but if you've got zero investment, we're not obligated to give you compensation for the loss of a non-existent purchase.

People do the same thing when we run out of some of our food product - 'Oh, you're out of chicken strips? Well, fuck, I don't want my popcorn now. Why would I eat popcorn without chicken strips? I already ate some [it was at least half gone] of it, but I want a refund, this is terrible customer service, I mean, who doesn't have chicken strips?'

I'm paraphrasing there, but that totally freaking happened.

What. The. Hell, humanity.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Xavin said:

To add to this: pick up a few bags of frozen peas prior to your appointment. You can wrap the bags in washcloths and put them against your jaw/neck to keep the swelling waaaaay down. It helps a bit.
    Frozen veggies are awesome all the way around for things like that. My aunt draped my arms and legs in them when I was stung by a jellyfish. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    In Soviet @Xavin you sting jellyfish.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I didn't get any pain meds for my tooth-removal. :( They just told me to take naproxen (which was fine, helped with the ache), and gave me a curved syringe thingy for cleaning out the little holes but I spent more time shooting water at other people with it than using it properly. 
    Arbre
  • edited February 2014
    Hrngarg! I haven't been getting enough sleep this week (entirely my fault, but that doesn't change that I haven't) And Friday was gonna be my day to date-night it with the boyfriend, sit around watching movies, etc. and go to bed early to catch up on my sleep.

So, I decided to steam perogies for dinner, and when taking the lid off to check them I burnt my thumb a bit with the steam. Ouch. But, no big deal, just a little first degree burn, on the posterior surface even so I could still use the thumb.
    Ran the thumb under water for a few minutes and it felt fine.
    Half hour later, I'm all cozied up watching rifftrax'ed house on haunted hill and my thumb starts hurting. Like REALLY hurting. Throbbing, burning.

Not sure what to do about it and unable to ignore it, I get up and start looking for "maybe I have pain meds somewhere, why does a thumb hurt so bad!?!" And while searching... it goes away back to peachy keen.

In proceeding up and downs, I learned that sitting made my thumb hurt like hell, but apparently standing it was just fine.  So I didn't get my snuggly, cuddly datenight time cause I couldn't SIT DOWN to watch the damn movie. Also, since I could lay down for more than 3 minutes without hot searing pain, I definitely did not get to bed early :(

tl;dr I got crappy sleep and was in too much pain to enjoy datenight.
    From a freaking THUMB

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I just went to kiss my boyfriend goodbye and somehow jammed my foot into his boots. I am so incredibly klutzy. I think I've actually broken at least one of the toes - it's purple and swollen and the angle doesn't look quite right. :/ 

/joins the frozen peas train
  • Tooth removal: Eggos....you can slowly chew on them while frozen and still eat...also is a teething secrets for those with children.

• My sister and I (we're twins) had to get our wisdom teeth extracted all at the same time. They stuck us both in the same room to wake up; I don't remember what was I doing, and it wasn't as interesting as my sister waking up crying and cursing like a sailor.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aryanne
    edited February 2014
    I can't say this, legally. Ignore me.
  • I was put under for getting mine out. I had to get all 4 out at once because my ex-husband was getting stationed in Japan and they wanted it done in the states. He got 2 pulled around the same time. My mouth hurt/was sore so much I took all of mine and his painkillers over the course of a month. I found mashed potatoes, rice and soft foods like that were easy for eating. I didn't do anything weird after waking up though. Just was a little lightheaded and wanted to go back to sleep. Your mouth is sore for a while but it wasn't -too- bad, I'm just whimpy when it comes to pain. Wanted to put my two cents in.
    imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I won't share my wisdom tooth experience, Anasthesia and Novacaine dont really cooperate with me, so I was awake and alert through the whole procedure.  From what I understand though, for the "Normal" person it is not that bad.
  • Oh, dentist horror stories! I have a wide repertoire but I'll spare you. You'll be fine. Eat soft foods, take it easy, and don't freak out if there's swelling or bruising, that's normal.
  • I had an absolutely horrific day at work. Head injuries suck, yo. (I was not injured, but this does not make it any less sucky)
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Should I split the tooth stories into a new thread?
  • It was getting a bit long in the tooth anyway!

On that note, I still - unfortunately - have my wisdom teeth. Strangely enough they are still quite a ways back where it would be more problematic to remove them, despite having passed the normal age for removal. To add to it, one set of wisdom teeth will eventually come through sideways, pointing to my tongue. Yay!

I actually have nothing to be ooc mad about! Today was a good day. :)

DaganEmelle