MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    As far as chests go, that's not a bad run. You got credits, 2 pieces of an artifact, and 2 minipets. I've had much, much worse groupings. The thing with chests is everyone sees me, or @Rashar, or others that have multiple house deeds and go 'man, I should buy a chest and get one'. It doesn't work like that. I think between Rashar and I we've bought probably 600 chests.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I'd actually be curious to know how many I've bought since it started.

I really feel like it is over 200. It might even be closer to 300, but I really have no idea.

And I can't complain enough that -90%- of my good shit came within the first like.. quarter of that. You got me, Aetolia. Youuu got me.:)
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited January 2014
    I bought a -ton- of chests last round and I know how they go, it just looks not unlike feces to me now.  The set items themselves are pretty meh to top off a bad haul
  • The set items are all shitty now because the market is so saturated. I'm basically just sitting on a chest full of them and waiting for people to make alts or for new people to show up to sell them to. It isn't hard to get 10 credits or more for them under the right circumstances.

Those globes sell pretty much instantaneously as well. Either way it goes you got your money's worth, if not a -lot- more.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2014
    The set items are bad because the set is bad. The knife is pretty much the only marginally useful thing in that set and even then it's not worth assembling it all just to be able to reset Tiyen once a day.

Even though this one is intended for bashing and the previous one for PK, this current set is IMO way worse than the previous one.
    KerrynJensen
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    yeah totally crying because I just got done watching the rest of the grammy's and the part that Madonna was part of!!  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited January 2014
    The other coach refuses to take on individualized coaching sessions, which leaves 10 or so that I have do with absolutely no assistance from him. When I asked him why he didn't want to take on at least one or two, his excuse is that he lives in a town about 10 minutes away. I live 15-20 minutes away. I take that response to mean: I just don't want to and want to save the free time for my partner and I. That would be cool if he wasn't the president. Part of being the President of the Union is taking on more people. This is technically HIS duty, not mine. Our faculty adviser caters to his incompetence and expects me to carry his extra weight. While that's annoying, my rage is that when I show up late,  due to the numerous appointments to coach him and the others (because we coach every other week! Why? I have no idea, since he completely flounders in front of the crowd), he gripes that I've shown up late. We've tried: talking the situation out to see if he'll at least take ONE SDU coaching session, he's completely unreceptive, we have tried moving the meeting time to accommodate both schedules but ALL of my free time after classes are booked with the exception of my evenings, and I need them to study - I've communicated my position adequately, I feel. When I go home, I STILL get calls from office because, again, I'm the only person they have to call. EDIT: He doesn't even know WHAT to coach since he doesn't travel. He's the 'head coach' and he's not even on the goddamn circuit!

tl;dr: While I enjoy teaching/coaching, this isn't a full time position for me and even if I wanted to take on this work load, I should at least get some kind of support from someone who is supposed to be the first in command!

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Made a poor decision a few years ago and now it's come around to bite me in the ass. Life pretty much sucks right now. 
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Small rage/mad: when people remove you from skype/contact list, without really giving you a reason why.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    So.

They might cancel IronCon the very first time it's become viable for me to attend any sort of mud-related meet in the twelve years I've been mudding, and even though I will still go to Vegas and get to meet @Neithan and at least fulfill one of my 'meet a fellow nerd that I actually like that doesn't reinforce the stigma that non-mudders seem to apply to my hobby' dreams, there are other people that I'd like to meet that will not attend sans 'Con, and that makes me so sadmadangry.

I'm posting this here because while aetolia-ish, the con is still an ooc thing, so.

Also, I have a cold. I tend to stay exactly the same level of sick the entire time I have a cold, because the moment it happens, I begin to medicate. But, it means I suffer from a cotton-filled head, runny nose, lethargy and a slew of other things for around a week or two before it goes away, all while maintaining my normal routine because calling in sick to work is an economical impossibility.

Many of you know the joys of retail work, and attempting to maintain the illusion that you are not ill while on the front lines. It sucks. At least at my job, they let me hide my box of tissue and bottle of hand sanitizer out of sight. But now I am made to duck under the counter and snuffle a lot - I can only assume that the patrons of the establishment think I have a nasty coke habit.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Piper
  • You know what bugs me? When thirty-year-olds want to be treated like toddlers over something like the stomach flu and then post all about how they were neglected on facebook and wanted strangers they met off the internet to force them to drink fluids or make the choice of if they should go to the hospital or not after interacting with them for less than a week. 
    Riluo
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Awake all night with vomiting cat, now at the animal hospital where they're running tests to figure out what's wrong. Something with his liver, and there's a good chance I inadvertently caused it by a new dietary regimen I started with him months ago (at the urging of my vet). It is sad and inconvenient and expensive and probably my fault and there's nobody here with me and it is all of the worst feels.
  • :( I'm sorry, Em
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I'm sorry Emelle, that's awful. :( All of the support and e-hugs. 
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I agree with all of the above. My cat is my Everything and having an ill pet is awful. Lots of strengthening e-hugs to you.
    Aryanne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I had a good day after a few weeks of having a rough time.  I was stupid and got my hopes up.  Things are back to normal now.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I <3 you @Arbre.
    ArbreSetneSlypheAryanneAarbrok
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited January 2014
    I was supposed to get a root canal/crown on my tooth today at 10am. I get called by my dentist's office, saying my dentist had an emergency, can we reschedule? Mind you, I do not work Wednesdays, I work Thursdays. I said yes anyway though.

The good in this is that the normal Wednesday people were not working today, so I got to come in and make my hours up that I am missing tomorrow for this stupid tooth. The bad in this is that it feels off to be here and I was -prepared- to get my mouth worked on, my jaw popped out of place, and to have half my face/neck numb for several hours.

Now I have to re-psych myself up for tomorrow at noon. Damn it.

Edit to say: My dentist doesn't mean to pop my jaw out of place and have me bite funny for the next couple of days. It just does that after extensive work :( 

Woke up to find out a good friend of mine has passed away. I don't know what happened, but my heart is breaking.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Sessizlik said:
    Woke up to find out a good friend of mine has passed away. I don't know what happened, but my heart is breaking.
    Having been in the same situation just two months ago :(, I know exactly how you feel and my sympathies.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Big internet hugs to @Sessizlik and @Emelle.
    Aryanne
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited January 2014
    It took my grandma when I was a baby.

It took my brother.

It's been 8 years now, and my father has remained a walking corpse.

I wish someone could tell me it's all going to be okay, but I know it isn't. They try, but I can smell bullshit.

I swing away at the future, but every day is the same. Nothing to do but fight or accept failure.

I won't let my family die without a fight, but I fear we're losing.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    great......got a call tonight that my dad may have dementia and is one of the tail tail signs of Alzheimer's

my biggest fear is that when I have children, he may never remember them.  =(   My biological clock is already ticking away and now I have this dead line.  ugh
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Evidently this is a terrible fucking week for people. Several relationships of friends have ended after extended durations, people passing, illness.

I'm sorry, everyone. I hope you all get through everything okay, feel better. 
    EmelleOmeiAryanneBraeCiarelleJasline
  • Echoing the above sentiments. You guys are a hardy bunch though, just know you've got a community here to support you however we can. I couldn't imagine going through half the things you're dealing with, and I'm fortunate not to have - something that makes me count my blessings and appreciate what and who I have even more. 

<3 you guys. 

AryanneBraeJensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    My 90 year old grandmother called me out of the blue, forgot who I was mid conversation, told me she loved me, and that she's going to die soon.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

My direct coworker that I work with 8 hours a day and has proven to be one of the most understanding friends I've ever had.. her last day was yesterday and I feel like I'm starting a grieving process. Not the same as everyone else but it's adding onto the already stress of financial issues and bill deadlines and difficult situations.

I'm kind of ticking away right now and wondering when I'll blow and just have a nervous breakdown.

I'm not a religious person, but I'm gonna go light a Candle in the city Cathedral today. My friend had an epileptic seizure and fell and hit his head, so at least now I have a reason for what happened. I still struggle to keep the tears back at any given second, but I try to focus on all the good things. He tought me a lot, how to be a more giving and loving person and he is someone I will never forget.

My thoughts go out to you all. We all have struggles, big or small, but we Always stand together. <3