MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I don't own wisdom teeth.  They never showed up.  And my tonsils are so small that I tell doctors if they can see them, I need antibiotics because that means they're super swollen.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yay, another one without wisdom teeth! I never got any either. Depending on my mood, when the subject is brought up, I either tell them that I was born wise enough, so I don't need them, or that they can never expect me to be wise, since I never got them.

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    What?

Damn, man. He was on my list of 'if he's in it, watch it' people.

It's because of him that I watched Mary and Max. Which you should all watch, just saying.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Piper
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    oh joy, my laptop monitor back light keeps going off after 10 seconds of opening my laptop, so I cannot see a thing!  grr  I really did not want to buy a new laptop soo soon!  sigh

@sarita, @ison, @ezalor sorry for the OOC notice, but till I get this fixed I wont be logging in much though I will still try to log in but if you do not see me about this is why.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Have you tried using an external monitor to hook your laptop up to @Macavity?
    A friend of mine encountered that problem and it was just an inverter, which is relatively easy to replace and is a part that - depending on the brand/model - costs about 5 to 15 dollars or so. (Maybe 20 if we're going wild!)

yeah I plan to use an HDMI cable to hook into my 80" tv, but I need to go out and buy a keyboard and mouse to connect to my laptop so I am not on top of the TV, but I really do not want to mess with that right now, and all this week on top of working in the day time, the night time I have to go do tech practice for a show that I am doing the sound for that opens this coming weekend.   grrr   

Why do these things happen at the worse time ever!!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Is there ever really a good time for technology to be failing us? (Maybe like that one rare time where it juuust falls under the warranty by a couple week or days.)

• Macavity said:
    yeah I plan to use an HDMI cable to hook into my 80" tv, but I need to go out and buy a keyboard and mouse to connect to my laptop so I am not on top of the TV, but I really do not want to mess with that right now, and all this week on top of working in the day time, the night time I have to go do tech practice for a show that I am doing the sound for that opens this coming weekend.   grrr   

Why do these things happen at the worse time ever!!
    The good news is you can get a cheapo usb mouse and keyboard for practically nothing!

Daskalos
  • Feeling like I now have a number of options to end my chronic unemployment, but stuck in Limbo waiting for a response from any one of them.

i am rapture coder
    Kerryn
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Daingean said:
    It's because of him that I watched Mary and Max. Which you should all watch, just saying.
    That is one of my favorite movies of all time, @Daingean. You're awesome for knowing/liking it, too.
    DaingeanCannan
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Piper said:
    That is one of my favorite movies of all time, @Daingean. You're awesome for knowing/liking it, too.
    @Piper - the homeless guy outside of his building sticks in my head. The whole movie was really solid, but his little signs were just.. right. Especially his 'Keep your money, I want change' sign. I probably think of that line at least once a day.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    edited February 2014
    @Daingean - I want an 'I Yodel For Jesus' t-shirt.

Actually, one of the largest reasons that I love that movie is because my best friend has aspergers syndrome and I showed it to him. His reaction to the movie was absolutely priceless and touching. This clearly is written in the wrong thread.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Snow is enough to give schools a snow day, but not enough to get me either a paid day off, or even just a full pay half-day of work.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Piper
  • Birthday, temperature is hovering around 32-33, wet out, and still working.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My "engagement ring" is actually five diamonds from my grandmother's wedding ring in a new setting (because her wedding ring was ugly as poo, wtf g-ma).  The setting alone is worth 1.5k, I can't even begin to imagine how much the entire ring is worth (I should probably get an estimate on that, actually), and that's before the whole it's-my-grandmother's-diamonds thing.  There was a lot more to it, including me flipping my unicorns, but I had a nightmare that Marks and Morgan lost it when I went to get it resized.  Now I'm all on edge.
  • I've tried watching 24 twice in the past. I'm still in the middle of the first season. I love the show, I always just get distracted.

My rage is at having to remember, like the last two damn times, where I left off because 12:00-1:00 or 3:00-4:00 isn't exactly the most easy thing to recall for me.

And yes, I'm doing this again because I saw the ad for it during the superbowl and it looked badass.

I also love Sutherland. Both of them. I want to do a sandwich thing with them in bed,
    Ferrik
  • edited February 2014
    Slept wrong the night before last. Okay well that's annoying my neck hurts a little bit! Can't move certain ways, hurts when I do x y z. Fine fine. Rub some dirt on it durr! (Put some painkillers in it.)

Now I woke up having tried my best to alleviate the pain - but noooo! It got worse now! I preeetty much can't move my neck at all. It hurts more because I can't really relax it and find a comfortable 'resting place' with it. To top it off, eating is a chore and hurts and I have to be at work soon. Yay!

Edit: A pox upon yee American pillows (and mattresses)!

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    A heating pad or hot shower sometimes helps me when I get things like that happen. They can do things like loosen up muscles.
  • Ferrik said:
    Slept wrong the night before last. Okay well that's annoying my neck hurts a little bit! Can't move certain ways, hurts when I do x y z. Fine fine. Rub some dirt on it durr! (Put some painkillers in it.)

Now I woke up having tried my best to alleviate the pain - but noooo! It got worse now! I preeetty much can't move my neck at all. It hurts more because I can't really relax it and find a comfortable 'resting place' with it. To top it off, eating is a chore and hurts and I have to be at work soon. Yay!

Edit: A pox upon yee American pillows (and mattresses)!
    Do you sleep on your stomach with your arms under your pillow/head?

I do that a lot. Just kills it.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Super stressful 10 day work work, with tons of deviations from routine and problems and crap to deal with. 2 more days. 2 more days.
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    My child is a cleaner person than my roommate. How does that even happen?
    SO. I am DISTRAUGHT! Yesterday, I accidentally sprayed my hair glitter into my hair just before work instead of my hair spray so I ended up being glittery and amazing all day yesterday. My scrubs are all glittery. My office chair is glittery. HOW AWFUL.

( :D )
    SessizlikTeaniArbreNola
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Piper - adding sparkles to everyday life! 
    (both IG and IRL)

AryannePiperArbre
  • My car was hit sometime last night. There's a huge dent on the trunk of the car, a gouge in the rear bumper, cracked and peeled paint and in some spots the plastic of the bumper is bare.

I have to pay a $500 deductible for the damages, and there's enough that it's not going to be a quick couple-day fix. I use my car for work. I don't have rental with my coverage. -.-

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I've temporarily been promoted to acting manager of the store I work at while the manager is on vacation, and today was my first day of running things. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is working with the employee that was hired at the same time as me a little over two months ago.

Bottom line: she's really incompetent. Always forgets to either clock in/out, especially before and after her break. Very bad with answering phones or talking to customers on the phone. Doesn't pay attention to what she's doing. Every week, she's guaranteed to make a mistake, and it's usually a big one, and she has no effing clue how to fix said mistakes, so she always has to have another employee help her.

And yesterday? I found out that when we sold a huge leathercraft tool set, she went and GAVE them two things that were already in the kit. Said items were worth around $100. Needless to say, the manager was pissed. I know he gave her another month to improve, but I honestly don't think she has, and it's probably safe to say she's going to be fired by the end of the month. The problem is I don't know if she'll drive me crazy before then. It feels like I have to babysit her, and it's really annoying.
    Piper
    ok so the screen seems to work if I put it up at a certain way, but sometimes it goes out on its own....still messing with it a little...

and before you ask, yes this is another grip on SNOW!!

It was so bad last night I had to stay at a hotel a block from my work because I was not able to make it home.  Then a 5 minute drive the next morning seriously took 30 minutes because of said snow!

**turns on the nightly news after getting home tonight**   Oh look MORE F'EN SNOW!!!!

Where is that unicorn groundhog, I have a shot gun with his name on it!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• My friend's grandfather is dying. Go to hell Alzheimer's.
  • ^ ditto on the Alzheimer's part. My great grandmother didn't even remember me last couple times I saw her.

Nasty stuff.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Macavity: I had a similar thing happen with my laptop, and it was something wrong with the little wire thing connecting the LCD part of the screen to something else. It got replaced, and it's been perfect since. If it helps, my screen would black out unless I got it exactly at a right angle with the keyboard or tilted it back about halfway to a specific point.