MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Erzsebet said:
    I am having issues with excessive sensitivity to light. I have the brightness on my laptop all the way down, and I'm in a room that is -completely- dark save for my laptop, and I'm wearing sunglasses and it's still bright enough to give me a headache of doom if I do anything for more than 20 minutes. Even with my screen being the primarily black MUD screens.
    You need f.lux something fierce. It's going to feel weird at first. And then you will be helpless without it. http://justgetflux.com/
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AishiaAryanneEmelle
  • There's a fucking mouse in my room. It just ran under my bed. Since when the fuck were there mice in this house? It's the middle of winder in the middle of nowhere in Alaska. They should be dead by now!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Allergies.  Spring is coming and it's only going to get worse.
    Jasline
  • Oleis said:
    Erzsebet said:
    I am having issues with excessive sensitivity to light. I have the brightness on my laptop all the way down, and I'm in a room that is -completely- dark save for my laptop, and I'm wearing sunglasses and it's still bright enough to give me a headache of doom if I do anything for more than 20 minutes. Even with my screen being the primarily black MUD screens.
    You need f.lux something fierce. It's going to feel weird at first. And then you will be helpless without it. http://justgetflux.com/
    I just installed f.lux after reading this post and almost freaked out thinking something was wrong with my laptop at sundown. I think my eyes are definitely going to have to adjust to this, it kinda hurts looking at the screen too long.

Arbre
  • Flux, which has now been suggested to me by about everyone, would drive me completely and totally insane. So I'm just going to suffer, since the light sensitivity is tied to this flu and thus temporary. It seems to be fine now, sans sunglasses.
    imageimage
    I'm trying it out too.  It's strange.
  • persistent sore throat, nasal drip, no other cold symptoms except loud and painful sneezing once a day. I called out sick from work today because I didn't want to talk for 10 hrs with sore throat. still got it, dreading work tomorrow. Just got my attendance points down to 2.5, but today added 2 back on. UGH.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    The important thing about flux is to tweak the settings to your light sources and use SLOW (60min) transitions. The color temperature of your monitor should essentially match the color of your lights (bulb candle or window) and the slow transition is unnoticeable.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Yeah, the fast one scared the poo out of me.
  • My lights are ever inconsistent though. Sometimes I sit in the dark all day, sometimes I turn on a light so I can see things that aren't my computer, sometimes that light is way low, sometimes it's bright, sometimes there's backlight from the kitchen instead, sometimes I've just got the candles-in-the-dark thing going on. Not sure how easy it is to change the settings, but in general, I like my computer to be bright. Laptop is usually on the brightest setting. This dim setting kinda hurts my eyes.
    imageimage
  • I just turned mine off for a second to see the difference and nearly blinded myself. Dear god.

• BLIIIIINDED BY THE LIIIIIIGHT

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArbreErzsebetJaslineHaven
  • Blinded by science!

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Arbre
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's very subtle if you use it right, but you'll find regular color tones actually hurt your eyes especially at night, after using it for a while. The redshifting really helps. Supposed to prevent insomnia and stuff!
  • Spending all day at work, then immediately going with my friends and attending a funeral service for them apparently makes me a scumbag? Awesome.
  • Ingram said:
    There's a fucking mouse in my room. It just ran under my bed.
    My brain skipped the mouse in this sentence and just read 'There's a UNICORN in my room. It just ran under my bed.' And my first thought, was: http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/179073_700b.jpg And my second thought was the filter, which left me wandering what all is filtered that would fit under your bed. O.o
    imageimage
    Teani
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Protip: You can hit the quote button on a post to see what's been edited out.
    Arbre
  • Now they'll fix it!

And I'm not going back to the Ankyrean Rage thread to try that.
  • Angwe said:
    Protip: You can hit the quote button on a post to see what's been edited out.
    Yes, I know. That..wasn't the point? Mrrf.

I rage that I am cold and hot at the same time. Stupid flu.
    imageimage
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    After an incompetent employee at work called in sick on Saturday, I had to work the entire 10-hour shift by myself. This morning, said employee calls in sick AGAIN, and I have to come in to work. On my day off. And this is on top of all the other major screw-ups she's made in the past month alone.

I don't have the authority to fire her, but as soon as my boss gets back from vacation, this problem employee sure as hell isn't staying.
  • After 3 days of sore throat, the rest of the symptoms caught up with me. Been out sick today, yesterday, no choice but to go to work anyway tomorrow because I'm out of PTO time.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Phoenecia said:
    After an incompetent employee at work called in sick on Saturday, I had to work the entire 10-hour shift by myself. This morning, said employee calls in sick AGAIN, and I have to come in to work. On my day off. And this is on top of all the other major screw-ups she's made in the past month alone.

I don't have the authority to fire her, but as soon as my boss gets back from vacation, this problem employee sure as hell isn't staying.
    You, uh, need to be real careful about stuff like this. There's all sorts of laws that regulate hiring and firing, especially in regards to health related things. You don't want to open yourself up to being named in any sort of civil suit. Just a friendly warning. Chances of them finding you here are slim, however, it's possible.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

SlypheHaven
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    le rage about being excited for things that don't end up happening
    ArbreTeaniPerilunaFerrikAryanne
  • Phoenecia said:

When this usually happens I just talk to the employee and arrange a switch. I came in on my day off for them because they were ill. They can give me their next day off to make up for it. Usually works fine!

It's REALLY fun when they're sick, come back to work and are fine and then when you mention it to them they go all "BUT ITS MY DAY OFF. I NEED IT."

Selfish people are dicks.
    The thing about this employee is that the reason she called in sick? A nosebleed. And this is on top of all of the other crap she's done in the past month alone. She gave away $100 worth of stuff, whenever we get warehouse deliveries and have to put stuff away, she puts things where they don't belong, which screws up our inventory count, and after two months, she still doesn't know how to do basic everyday things like returns/refunds, or how most of the basic leathercraft tools work, and she regularly forgets to clock in or clock out, which makes doing payroll a nightmare. She constantly needs to be babysat because she regularly screws up, and when she screws up, she doesn't know how to fix it.

And after repeated talking to, she still hasn't shaped up. There's still a week before the boss gets back from vacation, and I'm stuck dealing with this woman until then. It's impossible to get any work done because of her.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

You can literally call in sick for anything, and, fun fact, you aren't obligated to tell your employer WHY you were sick. HIPAA protects your medical  information in that matter. You can nail her for all the other stuff if they're offenses, you've got documentation, et cetera, but the medical stuff can't be used at all. Just about the only thing you can do on the medical front is demand a doctors note clearing your return to work (  thus, if they don't have one, you can sit them out for a while ). Even that's a bit shady.

It's something you just need to be careful about. I've managed people for 12 years, and luckily, never had an issue with my people excessively calling in sick, but my Dad got named in a civil suit a few years ago because of a woman who called in sick\hurt all the time, so he re-assigned her to a desk job because she couldn't do the job and got slapped with a discrimination suit (along with his employer). I've got an employee right now that has a lot of health issues, who can barely do the job, but my hands are legally tied. It's a slippery slope that can lead to some consequences not just on your company, but on yourself as well.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Rivas
    She's not likely going to be fired for calling in sick. But she will likely be fired for everything else. Her calling in sick on top of her sheer incompetence while the manager is on vacation and I'm left in charge is just another annoyance that's wearing down my patience with her, and she's shown no desire to improve.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Oh, wow!

I am SO PROUD to be a part of the country responsible for Sky Raper!

Shit like this makes me wanna move. Not the threat of dying in a 'terrorist' attack. That doesn't bother me. I don't want to be associated with this bullshit.

What pisses me off even more is, what am I supposed to do about this? These people are like cockroaches! You CAN'T just 'vote them out,' there's always 10000 more of them!
  • Apt hunting. Finding an apt I can afford. Discovering there's no parking, closets, or w/d in the building. My bathroom would be absolutely my own--but it's across the hall. There's a unit right to the left in the hall between the apt and bathroom. I can only imagine what occurs in the middle of the night when bathroom dash needed, or how many times the prev tenant flashed the other unit owner.

Lol.

BTW, is it legal for a tenant app to include requiring getting a SSO, DOB, and driver's license? This feels wrong to me. But absolutely necessary for background check/credit check.