MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

1196197198199200202»

Comments

• Ehtias said:
    Tetchta said:
    People get punished for HELP LANGUAGE RULES violations constantly. Don't drop f-bombs yo
    I agree. You break the rules get punished. What I dislike is the inconsistency. Some people get away with a lot more. And we know the reason why. 
    Because an admin or someone capable of punishing my not be paying attention at that exact moment. Also might not be in a public channel.
    You know, that's fair. I suppose I am a bit jaded. I have seen a lot of rules bent or outright broken, the player being caught, but because they were a whale, no punishment. And it's not a recent thing. This is going back as little as fifteen years ago now. And I am speaking of things considered major infractions. No afk bashing. As in someone turning on a bashed and going to bed. Two characters logged in under the same registration. Like I said. It is not an issue that belongs solely to the current team. And because of this, I find myself suspicious when I've seen examples of the same behavior with no punishment. But yes, I suppose it could just be no one was online to do it. 
    LinTetchta
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    yo isn't this topic meant for OOC gripes like "my neighbor dumped their toenail clippings in my back yard again" type stuff?

LinSaritaTeani
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Who turned on the email notifications on posts??  I didn't use to get them till this week and I didn't change anything in my notifications and now I can't find where I can turn that off.  

@Tiur??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    @Macavity you can turn this off under Home› Profile› Notification Preferences

There is an option to opt in or opt out to email notifications for various things.
  • I bought steaks for dinner tonight and I forgot to pick up beer and now I'm just all FLUSTERED AS CAN BE.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    CallidoraSibattiMoxie
  • Bulrok said:

I bought steaks for dinner tonight and I forgot to pick up beer and now I'm just all FLUSTERED AS CAN BE.

Do you have an emergency stock of whiskey or bourbon to salvage the situation?!
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    edited November 2020
    Ayastia said:

You know, that's fair. I suppose I am a bit jaded. I have seen a lot of rules bent or outright broken, the player being caught, but because they were a whale, no punishment. And it's not a recent thing. This is going back as little as fifteen years ago now. And I am speaking of things considered major infractions. No afk bashing. As in someone turning on a bashed and going to bed. Two characters logged in under the same registration. Like I said. It is not an issue that belongs solely to the current team. And because of this, I find myself suspicious when I've seen examples of the same behavior with no punishment. But yes, I suppose it could just be no one was online to do it. 
    We are, for the most part, not omniscient. We do not get flagged when people break (most) rules. We do not know everything automatically, and some of us even sleep occasionally.

If you see something that flagrantly breaks the rules, ISSUE the person or yourself. If we do not know something is happening, we cannot address it.

In more appropriate conversation for this thread, my five-year-old was warned twice about a hot drink today, and still drank it, thus burning his tongue for the first time in his existence. Imagine feeling that for the first time, and you may understand why he sat for fifteen minutes while we were driving with his tongue hanging out of his mouth and drool around his lips.

I'm not laughing, you are. I was annoyed because he didn't listen, but I suppose he learned.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    SryaenTetchtaTeani
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited November 2020
    Zeheia said:

I suppose he learned.

As the parent of a four-year-old, I have to say...are you entirely convinced that he learned something here? Because I am not LMAO

• Tetchta said:

Zeheia said:

I suppose he learned.

As the parent of a four-year-old, I have to say...are you entirely convinced that he learned something here? Because I am not LMAO
    I'm convinced he learned what a burnt tongue feels like. ;)
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
    Tetchta
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Not looking to smack a hornets nest with my shoe and then be unable to run away because I opted to take my damn shoe off, but...

What the hell, people!? My employer, a hospital, worked very carefully to figure out the schedule of who to vaccinate and when for COVID. That got thrown under the bus in less than 24 hours because the pokey people were sitting idle and very few people wanted to get vaccinated. My state has been in the news lately, and not for good reasons. Well guess what, we have entire floors of nurses saying, 'Well, I'm going to wait.' Wait for what, exactly? Long term efficacy and safety data? While not an expert in biostatistics and immunology, I am science-literate to understand that the risks vs benefits in a mostly healthy to moderately unhealthy adult population has a very high probability of outweighing the risks associated with contracting COVID give the prevalence of co-morbidities in said population of skeptics. This is further complicated that we're stretched thin at staffing and I fully expect to reach the breaking point mid to late January. So, if they liked their odds with Dr. McSally the first year otorhinolaryngology intern who finished her last year of med school online as their physician, they're gonna love it when yours truly is moonlighting as whatever the hell is needed on the floor taking vitals and giving suppositories with 'on the spot training provided.' Job Qualifications: A pulse. Nailed it! 

These folks are literally on the front lines. They've been working additional shifts for several months now to try and meet the staffing needs. No way in hell are their mental and physical health at a good point, and they want to roll the dice with the unknown disease than the somewhat studied vaccine? I have family members who do actual medicine and they're looking at mid to late first quarter for their first dose. And here we are having to use doses on not even the practice squad but the frigging gift shop volunteers just so we can use the doses we have and get resupplied to start distributing to tier 1b and beyond, or whatever. 

I don't begrudge anyone their right to choose to gamble on one unknown over another. But I have yet to have anyone provide convincing arguments or numbers that would indicate that the sound, logical, and rational choice is to forgo the vaccine. None. 

And yes, I am a proud card-carrying member of the Bill Gates Fan Club complete with all the 5G emitting microchip nanobots that will give all the non-believers emf induced cancers! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a space ship to catch! 

Merry Christmas! 
    RebraGavramelSessizlikZeheia
  • Flipping.... I am SO annoyed that my keyboard decided to get its shift key stuck RIGHT when I needed it to not be a POS. ARGH!

@Elene and @Aisling I'm sorry about this morning, it was a struggle to get anything typed with expediency. 

Thanks be to almighty Amazon for delivering me a replacement tomorrow. 
    RihrinEleneDidi
  • RAGE1: WHY DO LANDLORDS GET TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME AND I GET TO KNOW JACK UNICORNS ABOUT THEM? I'M THE ONE GIVING THE MONEY! HELLO?

RAGE2: Why does my cat feel the need to scream at my bedroom door always? It's been a year in this place. She is not allowed in my bedroom. She will stick ALL FOUR PAWS AND HER NOSE under the door and try to sound as pathetic as possible. AAAAH.

RAGE3: I bought muffins last night. For my breakfast today. I wake up and NO MUFFINS. Teenager ate 6 muffins in 7 hours. There's a hole in my pantry, dear Liza dear Liza!

Didi