Forum Rules

TiurTiur ProducerMember, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 486 admin
edited April 24 in Newbies
Let's consolidate the rules and general rulings here.

1. Keep it PG13. Communications where all parties are agreed to lift that are fine, but default to ingame talky rules. The unicorning unicorn filter will fix swears for those that want it PG.

2. Be civil. This is not a place to insult one another. If you have a problem with someone, that's what the admin are for. Send a message to @Tiur or any other mod/admin. Celani/Gods/Admin ingame are default mods here. Someone is rude? Message. Insulting? Message. Etc. Counter insults are not productive.

3. If the thread is started by an Admin, keep the replies on topic and add to the discussion. Diverting the thread from its intended point will either make the Admin mad, or just get the thread closed. Or both.

4. This is OOC. Don't carry things back and forth. That said, willful ignorance on a character level is difficult, so don't expect everyone to ignore that you posted about how you're going to steal all of Enorian's puppies.

5. Don't be a jerk. If no one gets your humor or satire, you were probably just being a jerk.

Punishments will usually be forum bans with units of weeks. I.e. the smallest punishment is a week ban, and everything else will be multiples of weeks, onward unto infinity.

Tiur reserves the right to change these rules on a whim, so check them every now and then. Big things will get a thread just in case. You can post here if you want to debate a rule or ask for other rules. Or add a funny picture.
TedrunaiAishiaOonaghTeaniSilenaLeana

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

RhyotTiurMordion
  • SilenaSilena Member, Immortal Posts: 95 Immortal

Tiur
  • LeanaLeana Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Tiur said:

4. This is OOC. Don't carry things back and forth. That said, willful ignorance on a character level is difficult, so don't expect everyone to ignore that you posted about how you're going to steal all of Enorian's puppies.

Will notifications about threads be made on Announce or Changelog board in the game when the forum may have in-game impacts? Like what we witnessed with PvE changes?

I have a really difficult time keeping up with forums and would hate to miss out on lore-deciding discussions. I'm sure a lot of players in-game would also like to take part.
    Axius
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 486 admin
    Generally we do a double post of announce, and then forums to discuss the announce. I might not link it, but I'll usually say "Look at the forums". In rare cases the forums might come first, like fishing rebalances.
    Leana
  • KalakKalak Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    It was about time Forum Rules caught up to PvP Rules...

Oops...did I just break the 5th law!?
    TekiasRhyotOonaghTeani
    @Tiur I might be the only one irked by game-defining changes being discussed with a minority of the playerbase until it's too late to do anything. It discourages me and I imagine it discourages new players who don't know about the forums. I may be wrong. This is all based on sentiment and not fact. Consistency in the post/forum referral policy would alleviate it.
    edited April 26
    I consider it a reward for people who engage as a community. We try to keep a sane forums, and it acts as a place to discuss the game. I don't really have the time to do a townhall with every wild idea.

E:

I clearly misread the above. I am sorry!

We will absolutely strive to be more consistent with referencing forum threads in the ingame announce posts. If there is going to be a discussion, I will make sure the two are linked so that no one misses half of it.

I might also start throwing up small sysannounces when I put up a discussion of something we're thinking about, but aren't worth a full townhall.
    Post edited by Tiur on
    LeanaOonaghVyxsis
    Tiur said:

I consider it a reward for people who engage as a community. We try to keep a sane forums, and it acts as a place to discuss the game. I don't really have the time to do a townhall with every wild idea.

Well Boss, I doubt the people who engage in the forums and voice their opinions are a good representation of the whole of the game community. There is a number of people who are just aversive to this "community" due to its toxic nature.
    OonaghRhyot
    Thanks for the reply @Tiur
    I do feel rewarded when you share your wild ideas with us.
    OonaghTekiasVyxsisTeani
    edited April 25
    This is not appropriate to the purpose of the thread.
    OonaghTekias
    edited April 25
    @Oonagh And I answer your question and you tag it as Spam. That is the kind of "community" you represent. What happened to freedom of speech and open discussion?
    OonaghTekiasVyxsisEliadonEvalyne
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Just my own comment that I will have to agree with some of the people within the thread in that some changes are brought about due to forums are not notified to the playerbase who do not view the forums.

One of the biggest things recently was the fishing changes. When doing a SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE FISHING.. the last post regarding any fishing was made by Oleis on Jan 25, 2017. There was nothing in terms of the new fishing changes that were made a couple weeks ago and were only posted to forums.

That was not the only change that has happened because of forums or notifications on forums without the playerbase as a whole being made aware. While I understand this thread is primarily about forums rules, some people have brought up the desire to have transparency. So if we are talking transparency, then I would agree that notifications should be made in both the Newsboards and the forums.

That said, I think the majority of this thread (pretty much anything after the ADORABLE puppy picture Aishia posted) has deviated from the use of Forum Rules and should be segregated into its own thread called Forum/Newsboard Transparency. Just my thoughts.

VyxsisLeanaZailaTeani
    Yeah.. those fishing changes were never loaded. I would like, post, if they were :tongue:
    OonaghRhyotEowynVyxsis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

SilenaVyxsis