MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I just learned something horrible: I only have one R.E.M song in my music library.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Woke up to a lot of pain in my shoulder blade this morning. Like almost to the point where I can barely move my left arm. Going to be a bad day of pizza tossing today.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My emotional problems have become so severe that I have to bring my "calm down" medication with me wherever I go, and time it right when I take it, because I can't drive afterward.  I also had to withdraw from my classes at UF because IF I managed to make it, half the time I'd have to leave mid-class because I'm having a fit.  Working on getting the paperwork together to apply for a medical withdraw - if this goes through, I'll at least get my tuition money back.  I'm fairly certain that financial aid is going to require I pay back this semesters loans/grants pretty much immediately, of which I don't have the money (which is why I applied for them in the first place).  Quitting school means that I can't stay in the married student housing, so Justin and I, having just managed to move out from my parents after several years of living with them, have to move back in.  Justin's work's policy is only one transfer in 9 months, so he's gonna ask, but more than likely just have to quit there.  We're trying to set up for him to start school in the summer.  We're trying to find some activity I can do on a regular basis, outside the house, in the morning, else I'll stay in the house all day and become unable to do anything for myself - I've proven this in the past.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Arbre said:
    My emotional problems have become so severe that I have to bring my "calm down" medication with me wherever I go, and time it right when I take it, because I can't drive afterward.  I also had to withdraw from my classes at UF because IF I managed to make it, half the time I'd have to leave mid-class because I'm having a fit.  Working on getting the paperwork together to apply for a medical withdraw - if this goes through, I'll at least get my tuition money back.  I'm fairly certain that financial aid is going to require I pay back this semesters loans/grants pretty much immediately, of which I don't have the money (which is why I applied for them in the first place).  Quitting school means that I can't stay in the married student housing, so Justin and I, having just managed to move out from my parents after several years of living with them, have to move back in.  Justin's work's policy is only one transfer in 9 months, so he's gonna ask, but more than likely just have to quit there.  We're trying to set up for him to start school in the summer.  We're trying to find some activity I can do on a regular basis, outside the house, in the morning, else I'll stay in the house all day and become unable to do anything for myself - I've proven this in the past.
    The best I can do is offer e-hugs :(

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    ArbreSaritaNolaAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Seconding those hugs, Arbre. Wish I could do more though.

ArbreEmelleAryanne
  • Macavity, I'm pretty sure my mom's boyfriend has a shotgun with Puxatawney's name on it. It and its cousins have been at his garden for years, and he keeps threatening to serve it in stew to my mother. :P
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Being sick for a week. Honestly, I've never been this sick in my entire life and had to take almost an entire week off of work for. Hoping, and I mean -hoping- that it's all gone this weekend. I don't think I could survive like this any longer. 
  • Having to get up at 4:30am for work. I just want to crawl back into bed!
  • I hate birth control.

I hate birth control so much right now. I've always been against taking it, but then certain things came up, so I started almost two weeks ago now. When I started I was about 6lbs from my goal of 140. I'd been working really, really hard. I haven't changed anything of what I was doing then between when I started and now. In fact, I've increased my efforts. I went from 146 to 152 in less than two weeks.

I'm angry. It keeps. Going. Up.
    Aryanne
  • It's water retention. Cut back on salt. Also, see if you can try a different type of bc. Usually they make you wait a few weeks before changing it up, but each kind is different in how your body reacts.
    ArbreAreka
  • If your reason for taking BC is "I don't want to procreate" and not some other reason, I'd very much suggest the copper IUD. No hormones and no procreation for up to 10 years.
    It's awesome!

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can I ask why you've been against taking it?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Do be aware the the IUD has side effects, and that you'll likely be pushed to get the Mirena version, which has hormones. I have had constant mood swings, cramps and bleeding while my body adjusts. Also, measuring can be insanely painful, although it's a fleeting pain. Still, it's a very very very reliable contraceptive and even with the discomfort I suggest considering it if the hormones from the pill are an issue or if you have trouble taking the pills at the same time each day. Make sure your insurance covers it, however, or see if you can get government aide (most states have agencies that help with contraceptive costs, Planned Parenthood will hook you up), because it's like $1500 for the device/insertion fee.
  • edited February 2014
    Ah.. well.

I have the same mindset about birth control as I do about many other forms of medication, except where it is really needed. I don't like the idea of forcing something that naturally happens to 'not happen', or altering what is already there, if it is simply for the purpose of 'I don't want to procreate' and not some other underlying problem. Mostly because I'm of the belief that if you come into the world that way, then that is how you should be. Though I only apply this to myself and not to other people because I respect everyone's right to make decisions that are best suited for them and their own well-being. 

As for my reason for taking it, I'm basically doing a 'test and see' on whether or not it will help me with some other health-related problems. Not solely for not procreating. I feel like I've done a good enough job of avoiding that so far without it that it isn't really a concern.
  • Mom backed out of going to the movies with me, I had a feeling she was going to but I got my hopes up anyway. Not mad or sad more disappointed. :(
    imageimage
  • Depression, a really bad case of depression coming on.
    imageimage
    Arbre
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited February 2014
    Friends+work. I'm working 12-14 hour days Monday through Saturday since New Years, and my friends want every bit of my free time it seems. I've politely said "Nah I wanna sleep or do my own thing" and they just don't care. I've even yelled and gotten into fights with some of them, and I get hit with the BS of "Oh well if we're not friends anymore blah". I seriously want to just subject everyone I know to this type of work schedule for 2 weeks, and see if they want to spend time they'd spend sleeping helping me out with crap I should/could take care of myself me while I bitch about all of my problems (which is what's going to happen in roughly 5 minutes to me. I also literally just got home from a day I was SUPPOSE to have off and started making this post). See if it's fun for them.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Draiman said:
    Friends+work. I'm working 12-14 hour days Monday through Saturday since New Years, and my friends want every bit of my free time it seems. I've politely said "Nah I wanna sleep or do my own thing" and they just don't care. I've even yelled and gotten into fights with some of them, and I get hit with the BS of "Oh well if we're not friends anymore blah". I seriously want to just subject everyone I know to this type of work schedule for 2 weeks, and see if they want to spend time they'd spend sleeping helping me out with crap I should/could take care of myself me while I bitch about all of my problems (which is what's going to happen in roughly 5 minutes to me. I also literally just got home from a day I was SUPPOSE to have off and started making this post). See if it's fun for them.

I worked a job like that for a long time, and if you're straight with people, they really do get it. It will suck for some people, and they won't like it, but as long as you don't make them wrong for it you're golden. If they want to pull shit like that, you don't have to feed it, and can still stay their friend when they need it. When you're not sleeping after working 14 hours days six days a week.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Waking up to loud cracking noises, walk downstairs to see the ceiling bending and drips coming from it.
    Somewhere between the first and second floor is a broken pipe...FML
  • Was ALMOST done dying of bronchitis, and then my roommate gives me this flu thing that he had. I feel horrible.
    imageimage
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Prequel still hasn't updated, omigawdwtfallama.
    Omei
  • I got into it because I followed the URL of your signature. Damn you.

i am rapture coder
  • Nola said:
    Ah.. well.

I have the same mindset about birth control as I do about many other forms of medication, except where it is really needed. I don't like the idea of forcing something that naturally happens to 'not happen'
    If it makes you feel any better, some doctors have argued that regular periods for years and years is actually not natural, and in their own way can even be harmful.

The argument is that ten thousand years ago, women would spend most of their much shorter lives pregnant, and so not have anywhere near as many cycles as the modern woman.

These doctors argue that the pill taken without the placebo-week is a healthier and more natural way to live. I've no idea if they're right or not, but you can check the research out for yourself and it might help you feel more comfortable about the whole thing.

Please don't ask why I know anything at all about this.
  • edited February 2014
    Hehehe.

I'm actually having to stop anyway because the hormones are causing terrible, terrible mood swings that are severely affecting my overall well-being and every day life. 

I almost quit my job today because I had a long line. I took scissors to my hair in a fit because I couldn't get it to look right and for some reason it made me extremely unhappy. I wanted to break everything in my house because my work called me 30 minutes before they wanted me to come in, which was an hour early. 

That is just from today. Its not even been two weeks. I'm emotionally exhausted, and I couldn't control any of it when normally none of those situations would really upset me. 

The non-hormonal option just isn't convenient for me. Or feasible, financially, anytime soon. 
  • ALOT ... I had it pounded in my head from a few wonderful people...if is not ALOT it is A LOT...I know I make mistakes many, many times. But, that one just sticks with me now. lol

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Have you shown them pictures of the alot to make them feel silly?
    EzalorNolaAryanneEmelle
  • There are a ton of different types of hormonal birth control options and not all of them have the same dosages or the same impact. I have a TON of issues with a number of brands of hormonal birth control. I've had a lot of side effects from a number of them. I -have- to take birth control to manage health issues, so I am right with you. 

Just discuss with your doctor your symptoms and see if they can find a better fit.  Also, doctors who say that taking birth control constantly is healthier for women can go stuff it. Stopping your periods entirely increases your risk for a whole host of really nasty stuff. Our bodies are designed to have that hormonal ebb and flow. We are less healthy when it isn't happening. I'm pretty much walking evidence of this. 

Meanwhile. 

I hate the snow. I hate the snow. I hate the snow. I hate the snow. 

My car is NOT meant for driving in it. There's like 3 inches on the roads, we have no salt trucks, no snow plows, and a lot of drivers who don't have one freaking clue how to drive in white stuff. If I didn't spend years living in Michigan driving in the snow, I'd have crashed like 6 times coming home.  I miss the days of childhood when snow meant building castles and not going to school and socks for gloves because this is Washington and wtf do we need gloves for. 

imageimage
  • I am having issues with excessive sensitivity to light. I have the brightness on my laptop all the way down, and I'm in a room that is -completely- dark save for my laptop, and I'm wearing sunglasses and it's still bright enough to give me a headache of doom if I do anything for more than 20 minutes. Even with my screen being the primarily black MUD screens.
    imageimage
  • Damonicus said:
    ALOT ... I had it pounded in my head from a few wonderful people...if is not ALOT it is A LOT...I know I make mistakes many, many times. But, that one just sticks with me now. lol

MoireanAryanneEmelle
  • Erzsebet said:
    I am having issues with excessive sensitivity to light. I have the brightness on my laptop all the way down, and I'm in a room that is -completely- dark save for my laptop, and I'm wearing sunglasses and it's still bright enough to give me a headache of doom if I do anything for more than 20 minutes. Even with my screen being the primarily black MUD screens.
    Sounds like a migraine. I get them. Should turn the laptop off and go lay down. When I get the really bad ones, I can't be on the computer cause it makes it worse. I just turn off all the lights, take something for the pain and close my eyes and hope it'll eventually get less.

On the topic of BC - because I have migraines. I've had to switch to the kind that doesn't have estrogen (higher risk for blood clots, yay) and the mood swings so far are not fun. Way more than normal and I'm hoping cause it's the first month, they'll lessen up after I get use to it. Only 2 weeks in. *crosses fingers*
    imageimage
    Xavin