Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    We have the SHOWOFF command to show the examined descriptions of things in our inventory or whathaveyou. Could we have a DISPLAY LETTER command to show off the actual written part of the letter?
    SibattiEydisEllianaFyrrenMarienaLeanaTenshyoZaila
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I have gotten more what's going on emails from Achaea than I have ever gotten from Aetolia, for the entirety of the ten ish years I've been playing.

I would love for an emailed news letter to come back, even if it's short. Maybe it would help grab the interest of older players who aren't playing anymore?

LeanaXancholZailaRoxi
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    edited January 2017
    The ability to write under a pseudonym for books.

I bet there are many budding authors bursting at the seams to write the next smash hit steamy romance novel, who would prefer to remain anonymous!

Edit: SUPPORTIDEA 394 if you agree - I forgot this existed!
    LeanaZailaSeirRoxi
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    This is kinda-sorta combat related, but I was wondering if we could pull a page from Imperian and offer help files that provide a synopsis on how different classes utilize their skills in a solo or group environment, their primary balances (whether they really use balance or eq), and common kill routes. While many have access to ABs, some classes are a bit more dubious in their routes, such as Sentinel. If any are curious as to what Imperian's files look like, I've provided an example for the Outrider class below:

9.4.12 The Outrider Profession

Armour type: Chainmail

Balance type: More balance than eq

Statpacks : Dexterous, Athletic, Strong, Sturdy

Skillsets:

Trailblazing : Utility and defensive skills like bounty, barkskin, vitality, mark, campground. Also has the Outrider-only toxins spread across the skillset.

Wyrmriding : Where most of the outrider's offence comes from. Main bashing attack (spear stab) is here. They get to summon an icewyrm and ride it around (being mounted on one increases STAB damage). The wyrm has some utility skills (icewall, flight, hoist) and also has an instakill (shatter). A channeled "insta"-kill also exists for the outrider here (gorge). Has blacken and icecoat in here to allow the outrider to give their spear/trident additional effects (PK only)

Hunting : Almost entirely PK-oriented. Hide, traps, all the other pets come from here. Also has the related axe and bow skills here. Thornspray. Pets can be surged for a different attack at an eq cost, comboable with axetoss, stab and longslash (the only ones that matter).

Main combat strategies :

The viability of surging pets on every attack depends greatly on the statpack used, and whether or not you are wearing a diadem (15% faster eq).

1) Affliction/damage route - All the outrider toxins (trailblazing) are nightshade cures and can't be purged. They include recurring freezing (chiltran), addiction (narcal), impatience (ditran).

Nausea (also nightshade; either by using a blackened spear [wyrmriding], your #1 pet's autoattack or botulinum toxin) combined with xeroderma (also nightshade) and chiltran (periodic cold damage), as well as the amount of bleeding generated from the many frequent pet and spear/trident attacks and add up to quite a lot of accumulated bleeding.

Batter or longslash can be used where appropriate to increase bleeding and deliver afflictions. Bloodfreeze does damage based on how much the target is bleeding.

Ideally one would time axetosses (you can have up to 5 simultaneously thrown at a time) to land at the same time to maximize the 'burst' of afflictions.

2) Limb damage/shatter route - Shatter is an instakill that relies on the target having at least 3 levels of hypothermia, which is an outrider-only affliction. If not protected by caloric salve, and with the frostheart (wymriding) debuff is on the target, every attack that chills or freezes will cause 1 level of hypothermia (i.e. deepfreeze causes 2 levels with 1 cast).

By going for limb damage, the target will most likely be applying restoration rather than caloric. Having icecoat (chills, cold damage) on the spear/trident and using chiltran (recurring freezing) is the foundation of this method.

Going for limbs isn't the only way to get a shatter kill, but is the one requiring the least effort/timing/skill. Alternatively, traps with salve afflictions combined with axetosses also with salve afflictions can be used to overwhelm the target to prevent them applying caloric.

Artifacts made for this profession:
    - Bracers of the Wyrm: 500 credits
    - Increase damage done by Wyrmriding cold attacks by 15%.
    - Attacks increased: icecoat, iceblast, bloodfreeze, and deluge.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    We already have a help file for artifacts per class. As for a help file for "This is how you fight in X" I really don't see the point of. You could just as easily ask your combat clans or fellow combatants... or alternatively (shocker) learn combat theory and apply it that way.

Leana
  • So, I am unsure if this is already a thing, but would we be able to mail parcels that you have to unwrap? They'd basically be letters, except without the writing and more of the items.

That's my rambly idea

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    @Satomi - Look into the wonderful world of Papercrafting!

Parcels (Papercrafting) Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can purchase and customize a design for parcels from the
    papercrafting shop.

A parcel can be mailed through the post office using MAIL PARCEL TO
    . A parcel can hold 20 items, quite a bit more than a letter.

There is also wrapping paper.
    SatomiSethDidiLeana
  • FC MISSING should show venoms.

RAGLIST MISSING should be a thing.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    LeanaCinarra
  • Can we make letters not decay until they've been read and opened? Or at least give players a warning when unopened letters are soon to decay. Sometimes the letter delivery message gets lost in PK spam, movement, or just missed in general.

Logging into this:
    Message #8432 Sent By: (aetolia) Received On: 1/27/2017/22:15
    "An elegant white letter#290283 has decayed to dust in your absence."

And not knowing you ever had a letter sent to you or what it said just keeps you up at night.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Erzsebet
  • edited January 2017
    Emir said:
    FC MISSING should show venoms. RAGLIST MISSING should be a thing.
    @Emir: FC MISSING VENOMS should be a thing. It doesn't show it in the usual FC format.

Definitely agree about RAGLIST MISSING though, haven't been able to figure out if a syntax like that exists.
  • Oh, but there is indeed a FC MISSING VENOMS.

fc missing venoms >
    Missing venoms: darkshade, delphinium, digitalis, epseth, epteth, euphorbia, gecko, jalk, larkspur,
    loki, monkshood, oculus, oleander, ouabain, selarnia, slike, vardrax, vernalius, voyria, and xentio

Still, need RAGLIST MISSING.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • Emir said:

Still, need RAGLIST MISSING.

Raglist SHORT is also missing

• AxiusAxius where I am
    in regards to Delve and the shortcut portals every city has now: Why not give encouragement to seek out ALLY status for the cities by allowing allies to be able to enter the embassies in Delve of cities they are allied to, not just your home city? It'd be nice as a Spirean to be able to step through Bloodloch's portal on occasion when I'm closer to Bloodloch, or in Bloodloch, than the Siroccians, or I'm closer to the Bloodloch Embassy and needing to visit a shop in Bloodloch, or somewhere just outside of city? or do I misunderstand and not realize that most cities don't have an active ALLY list just as they have a city ENEMY list?
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Double post 'cause who gives a crap?

Can we please give Dopplegangers a LISTENING ability similar to the Animation Listen ability for Golems? I don't want a spy or nothing.. but it'd be nice to hear thank yous from people if I have to send my doppleganger to deliver stuff..
    and it'd make for some utility of being in two places at once for RP
    RhoynnLeanaFyrren
    edited February 2017
    Anonymize classlead submissions OR offer the ability to submit anonymously. Keroc should still be able to see who submitted what.

The reason for this, and I've seen it done in other games, is that some people (not all) will base a classlead report and support/reject it based on the person who submitted it rather than the content of the report. While I trust Keroc's ability to see through transparent attempts at bias, I think it'd offer a completely neutral atmosphere towards reports overall and Keroc would be able to find any biased opinions based on report comments. I don't think Aetolia is as bad as Achaea was in this aspect, but it's better to avoid any potential for biased inclinations because of who submitted what and what side they're on in the game.
    DzekkRunasLeanaFyrrenSibattiRhyotCinarra
  • Make an ESTEEM OFFERED command to see who you've expressed esteem for and why.
    Seir
  • Seir said:

Anonymize classlead submissions OR offer the ability to submit anonymously. Keroc should still be able to see who submitted what.

The reason for this, and I've seen it done in other games, is that some people (not all) will base a classlead report and support/reject it based on the person who submitted it rather than the content of the report. While I trust Keroc's ability to see through transparent attempts at bias, I think it'd offer a completely neutral atmosphere towards reports overall and Keroc would be able to find any biased opinions based on report comments. I don't think Aetolia is as bad as Achaea was in this aspect, but it's better to avoid any potential for biased inclinations because of who submitted what and what side they're on in the game.

Since I can't upvote this twice, here's a post. There's nothing but positive here.

Leana said:

Seir said:

Since I can't upvote this twice, here's a post. There's nothing but positive here.
    I'm primarily an advocate for this for another a reason as well: the players are not accountable to other players for balance decisions, nor should they be. Players can also organize "vote brigades" if they don't like the submitter and if they're supported by legitimate arguments, it can be hard for even @Keroc to notice that. I'd rather reports be judged on their factual merit rather than the submitter. If the submitter wants to submit with their name known, I'm fine with that. That just means that you're open to discussing your report in tells. However, I'm a firm believer that players are only accountable to the people who make the balance decisions (which is @Keroc) and not another player. Players just chime in with their opinions.
    LeanaDidiRhyot
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can we add a banjo to the list of things luthier can make? I need Arbre to play the banjo.
    AxiusSeirDidiKarhastRunas
  • Now I just imagine @Arbre sitting on the ramparts in Spinesreach ....

Melantha
  • doodle
    MihaketiSeir
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Can there be some sort of command that we can use to see everyone who has retired? Something like RETIREES, RETIRE LIST, or something?

FyrrenSessizlikDidiSeirJensenLeana
  • A new end game bashing area with mutant Oysters that drop 8 to 10 pearls each. I don't feel like crusading around IG about how we should quit being so greedy with the Master Crystal and I don't know all of the lore implications about why the stupid things are so important and why they have to have 18 kajillion facets and I have to be guild rank 1000 before I'm allowed to refine more than 5 crystals per pearl and we have to go through excruciatingly painful (for a game) procedures to keep track of said facets. More oysters just sounds 100x easier for everyone.
    SethFyrrenLeana
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Seir puts a simple book entitled, "A copy of a simple book entitled, "A copy of a simple book entitled, "A copy of a simple book entitled, "A copy of a little black book entitled, "On the Albedi Gods and the Mhun Spirits""""" into a simple black pack.

IDEASUPPORT 427 folks!
    Seir
    Sibatti said:

Seir puts a simple book entitled, "A copy of a simple book entitled, "A copy of a simple book entitled, "A copy of a simple book entitled, "A copy of a little black book entitled, "On the Albedi Gods and the Mhun Spirits""""" into a simple black pack.

IDEASUPPORT 427 folks!

You mean you don't like titleception? I find it to be especially profound.
  • edited February 2017
    When we use classpick mod could we be granted full resources for whatever class we're using? Was trying to play around with Luminary but it was impossible without spending 90% of the allotted time in the arena consuming firewalls.

Edit: Could we also get a little bit of a longer time in the arena when using classpick? Potentially unlimited time with a timer that's going on anyways, so that way if someone wants to use the arena and we've been in longer than the normal time they can challenge anyways and kick us out?
    SeirDakan
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    nonstandard commodities that are -required- for crafting some items as base components. Why are these -not- cacheable? I had to ask around to find where I could buy brass and glass because these are not standard comms, but somehow rope, ice, and leather are?
  • Brass and Glass are cacheable.

Standard commodities through commodity shops are largely grouped due to previous guard/war cost, as well as some aspects of enchanting.

Crafting, in turn, makes use of a plethora of materials, both as the base 'cost' of an item, as well as those materials which you wish to incorporate into your designs.

The in game dictionary can assist with finding locations, though it is still a work in progress.

Example: LOOKUP GLASS
    Term: brass Section: Metals ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Definition: Location: Arbothia, v15138 Alloy: 1 zinc, 1 copper (also sold as its own material) A yellow metal suitable for ornamentation and jewelry, though not as the primary component in weapons or armour. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOOKUP METALS will list the various metals, to then LOOKUP for more precise information. LOOKUP on its own will list the categories.
  • I love the concept of the scratchoff promotion, but the winning odds are, uh.

Ok so people can double-check my math, there's (a-c)(1-3), meaning 9 total boxes. To win, you need to hit the same three symbols out of 9. I'd calculate that as: (3/9)*(2/8)*(1/7) * 3 = 3.6% chance of winning. This is because you can win one of three different things, with all 3 being on the list. The 'booby prize' is (1|2) lotto tickets, depending on your match. These tickets are harder to calculate the value on, but I'd estimate them to be significantly less than the 20/40/piece (35-50?) cr reward since there's only 1 thing to win- the prize is valuable, but odd calculation is impossible. I'm acknowledging this just so it's said, and it doesn't seem like I'm being sly with my reporting.

As far as 'worth it' goes, I play a lottery ticket game called Grand Luck once a week, for giggles, at $5 a ticket. Here's their odds of prize winning:
    11% chance to make your money back (1 in 8.57)
    5.5% chance in doubling your money (1 in 30, 1 in 40)
    3.33% chance in tripling your money ((1/240)+(1/240)+(1/80)+(1/80))
    2.50% chance in quadrupling your money ((1/240)+(1/240)+(1/120)+(1/120))

The prizes go up from here, but less and less likely and I'm all math'd out. I guess my bottom line is, a 22.33% chance for break-even to quadruple is what my scratch-offs use, vs what we have. 22.33% is significantly larger than 3.6%, so at the risk of looking stupid because I'm really not that great at math, go buy RL scratch-off tickets, spend those winnings on credits instead and you'll have way more credits than with our IG ones.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

RhyotAxiusDakan
    Can the Greenfoot proc'ing in room message not imply that I'm sweating everywhere? >>