Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    People will go naked, rather than buy pants for the 5th time in a real life week. Think of the children. Some things you just can't unsee.

IshinAishia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You can always go to battle naked if you're afraid to ruin your clothes!

IshinAryanne
  • It would be glorious, if someone in your bloodline (vampire line) cures, you get a message saying HEY. YOU JUST ACQUIRED EIGHT HUNDRED NEW CHILDER NAMED: . Zhukov cured, and I acquired something like four lines to my childerlist, but I'm not sure they're all from him, or where they all came from. >.>
    imageimage
  • Make Rituos scythes customizable like sciomancer staves, or let people make forging designs with them. Or just let people make scythes in forging.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited November 2015
    @Mariqueen - You can customise your scythe with a transformation rune as far as I recall
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aarbrok said:

@Mariqueen - You can customise your scythe with a transformation rune as far as I recall

Yep, this. You just attach the rune to each new scythe that you make. I have one you can see if you want, to show you how it works :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Immense in size, this ethereal scythe of shadow is constructed of ancient dragon thighbone. The shaft has the official crest of House Nebre'seir - a pair of immense dragons - etched upon it, and has been wrapped in layers of crimson dragon scale to allow for a secure grip. Hung from the neck of the weapon, a series of large razor sharp incisors, canines, and small primeval skulls are secured with black leather cords. Attached upon the crown of the thighbone handle a serrated dragon jawbone
    honed and shaped to depict a crescent blade. Strands of chaotic shadow envelop the four-foot blade causing it to pulse with unnatural life, as it combines to form an ethereal silhouette of a colossal dragon's visage, its maw open in eternal hunger. This unholy weapon is known as, "Dragon's Bane."
    The blade has been delicately etched with the name of fluffy in a spidery script.
    It has 6 weeks of usefulness left.
    It will decay regardless of where it's stored.
    It weighs about 7 pound(s).
    You may use the following commands with this weapon:
    slash
    hack
    swing
    gash
    An ethereal scythe drenched in shadow is holding:
    "rune120949" a rune of transformation

You extend into a lunging arc, assaulting yourself with an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow.

You are wielding:
    Both hands: an ethereal scythe drenched in shadow.

An ethereal scythe of House Nebre'seir rests here.

You use Wield.
    Tendrils of chaotic shadow and icy-air envelope your outstretched arms, as you wield the ancient bone-scythe, "Dragon's Bane."
    Balance Used: 0.50 seconds

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Riluo said:

The blade has been delicately etched with the name of fluffy in a spidery script.

???
    Since the introduction of the Divine tile-series in Triptycha, the game has become completely imbalanced. People who lack tiles from the Divine series have little chance to win a game against someone who has them. To return the balance of the game again, could these tile-series please be made "collection series" only? Meaning, you can trade, buy and keep them in your collections, but they can't be used in games.

It's either that or change the values of every existing tile in those series to better correspond with those from other series so that balance is restored?

Or possibly set up a command where you can choose which series are allowed/disallowed in a game?

RazmaelEmelle
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Wait, that's an actual game people play?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

It is. Used to be a little more popular before this imbalance.

• I see there is now 2 champion cards for the collection. Who won the second? Also, would be nice if I could put that tile into the actual collection.

• Magiclist is nice and all, but could we possibly have it show us what all is enchanted when we're wearing it if we look at ourselves or do like "ii ring"

For instance, doing "ii ring" shows:

You are wearing:
    "ring59970" an arcane black ring, concealed.
    "ring67010" a vicious draconic ring, worn on a finger.
    "ring77863" an arcane black ring, concealed.
    "ring90862" a ring of pestilence, concealed.
    "ring92011" an arcane black ring, concealed.

etc

but with magiclist could it show:

You are wearing:
    "ring59970" an arcane black ring, concealed. (firewall)
    "ring67010" a vicious draconic ring, worn on a finger.
    "ring77863" an arcane black ring, concealed. (magic resistance)
    "ring90862" a ring of pestilence, concealed. (pestilence)
    "ring92011" an arcane black ring, concealed.

etc

Enchantment upkeep is just a hassle when you're toting around 20 rings and you have to compare magiclist item numbers to your inventory item numbers to find out what's enchanted and what's not.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

KerrynAarbrokAryanne
  • edited November 2015
    Is it possible to have a command similar to GUILD PRIVS for the city? For example, I could type CITY PRIVS and see everything organized by rank and/or position? Speaking as a Senator with multiple aideships, it can be a bit cumbersome fumbling through the help files to see all of the privs that are guaranteed to me.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    InfinAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    HELP RULING COUNCIL lists all privs to elected leaders.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited November 2015
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    HELP CITY COMMANDS also has a breakdown of commands by ministry, and in some cases, by city.
    Infin
  • Draiman said:

Herp derp magiclist stuff

@Trikal has informed me that you can use "magiclist all" and it will show unenchanted rings. THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Could we still possibly get a "magiclist missing" maybe?

• The Carni and I were talking about log-in messages that a guild would get when their GM/Sec/HoN in logs in. @Xenia @Satomi @Hugo

Some ideas we had were
    GM: 'The shrill, blaring sound of the horn resounds from the Keep, heralding the return of the Commander.'

HoN: 'With a sharp yelp and a whine, the hounds cease their barking as the Kennelmistress makes their appearance known.'

Sec: 'Sudden shouting follows the arrival of issuing orders to the Keep.'

Of course, the GM would have the option to change the log in line entirely for the position(s). GM could also have the ability to set custom lines for each Sec, so that it would be more fitting of their character or what-have you.

If you're guild something like this? What do you think the lines would be? I think this would be a neat addition to add, gives a bit of flavor to the guild(s) and would make it a bit easier on the Novices to know if their leaders have logged in.

Potential log-out lines to?
    EmelleTeaniZsadistInfinAryannePiperPeriluna
  • Eh. There are times when you don't want folk to know you're about. Also annoying to have people pounce you inside the first five seconds when you logged on specifically to handle something. Would maybe be cool if you can toggle it on and off.
    imageimage
    Aryanne
    That can happen to anyone, even if they're not in a position of responsibility (allysense comes to mind, and random (bad) luck). If you are in a position of responsibility and don't have time to talk to someone who pounces you, just tell them you don't have time? Seems reasonable to me.

ZsadistEmelleDamonicusJuraAarbrokPeriluna
  • Of course, I imagine Houses could have something similar if they wanted? I'm not sure how it would work though in that case.

• Usually, when I don't have time to talk to someone who's pounced me, I literally have time enough to put in whatever I logged on for and nothing else. Dunno. My point was more that I dislike it being mandatory--maybe give it a 10 second delay that lets you enter a counter command or something if you're only there for two minutes before taking off again.
    imageimage
  • Syntax: NOTIFY

Assignable as a rank power, gives an org-wide message:
    ** is online**

...Alternatively, trigger 'Password correct' to do ht/ct 'Hi'

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aryanne
  • I'd like to be able to preview technique scrolls!
    DraimanPiper
  • @Mariqueen: forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1294/styles/
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Zsadist said:

@Mariqueen: forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1294/styles/

Problem that doesn't have all of them as far as I can tell.
  • Look at Page 2, there is a spreadsheet with alot of various ones... along with random posts of each one. It probably won't be a 100% gathering, but it will help a little.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Can we get blood drain added to audit? Rituos has a lot of abilities that can drain blood, would be nice to see it.

IshinRiluo
  • Can we get a cauldron to work with FC CONSUME? Would really expedite the process of mass making instead of having to use a FILL command.

Riluo