Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Somewhat combat, but still not:

Could we please have something that makes sure I won't pull out a diamond gem or an edible egg when I want to set vibes? It's quite frustrating having that be a general toss-up, because if I have a script running, it just stops if I don't have the right thing out. Either that, or it simply pulls from cache when you try to spin, like the Herbalist/Alchemist stuff does when making cures.

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    You can refer to those as 'diamondcrystal' and 'crystalegg' respectively.
    Yeah, but that's not quite uniform, is it?

• Zaila said:

I like that - I like that a LOT! I especially like it with different colors for different places!

Edit-to-add:
    If this feels like something that the admin wouldn't want automatically available for viewing, I'd totally buy an arti to do this for me, for the record.

I feel like it wouldn't be that far a stretch. I mean, you only get the room numbers for rooms that you've personally been in already, your character would know the area's name.

ZailaKodaTeani
  • staying lost muhahah
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    could we get cigars and cigarettes to be able to be WORN? Y'know.. like.. behind the ear, and additionally on the lips? With the latter being like it's stuck in one's mouth as if they were actually -using- it? While behind the ear could be the same place as flowers can go.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Axius said:

could we get cigars and cigarettes to be able to be WORN? Y'know.. like.. behind the ear, and additionally on the lips? With the latter being like it's stuck in one's mouth as if they were actually -using- it? While behind the ear could be the same place as flowers can go.

You can wear them behind your ear now!
    AxiusLinZaila
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    hey, @Keroc may we get our Codex removed as a book as far as READ BOOK goes? or maybe some sort of baldric for it?
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Can we get a command that clears anything in your distills? And can this command be available to be seen when you do DISTILL??

Tekias
  • edited May 2017
    Axius said:

hey, @Keroc may we get our Codex removed as a book as far as READ BOOK goes? or maybe some sort of baldric for it?

Before that happens, though, can we get some sort of thing that lets us stash codices in/on weaponbelts?

Pouch. Chains. Clip. Tiny clawed demon. I don't mind.

Edit: Or, heck, what about a little Indiana Jones style codex satchel?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    AxiusVash
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Can we add labels to papercrafting to label bottles and vials?

Could make it with paper and then 'attach label134 to bottle/vial123'

and then you could look at label on bottle

It would be so cool. Plz.

ZailaAxiusTeaniVyxsisVash
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Keroc I know this seems small, stupid, and there's a chance that it's gonna be shot down, but could we get a CONFIG that is similar to the AUTODOORS config, but for swimming? It's more for quality of life, because I've finally trained myself to move around more often using my numberpad, and I've stopped using my mount.. I know that WATERWALKING is something that I should invest in, but I like actually benefitting from one of my Arqeshi racial skills, swimming faster and all that. It feels (note, perception might not be the same as actuality) faster.

But whenever I get interrupted by water, it's pretty jagged, when I'm moving at what I feel is a pretty reasonably decent pace.. and I'd love to be able to just set it without needing to delve into complicated coding that I don't know how to do on my own to have it automatically replace the movement command for SWIM
      ZailaXenia
    • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
      I'd like to see some sort of 'Carry' function. I always find it a bit laughable when in RP someone passes out/is injured/or just plain cba and you RP carrying someone and they have to follow you.

I'm thinking that it would be 'CARRY (person) ARMS/SHOULDER/BACK'. This would then give an inroom message of said person getting lifted up and held as per the selection. In terms of QL it would just show 'Benedicto is here with (person) slung over his shoulder' or something.

In order to make it so that isn't something that can be abused, install a hefty balance timer for the person doing the picking up? The person being carried can also have a command to drop down at any point, similar to follow.
      ZailaTeaniLinKodaKelliaraTenshyoXenia
      To prevent the above thing from being exploited in combat, just put an AGREE on it that won't show in the room (won't disrupt the RP of the situation)

ZailaTenshyoVash
    • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
      Benedicto said:

I'd like to see some sort of 'Carry' function. I always find it a bit laughable when in RP someone passes out/is injured/or just plain cba and you RP carrying someone and they have to follow you.

I'm thinking that it would be 'CARRY (person) ARMS/SHOULDER/BACK'. This would then give an inroom message of said person getting lifted up and held as per the selection. In terms of QL it would just show 'Benedicto is here with (person) slung over his shoulder' or something.

In order to make it so that isn't something that can be abused, install a hefty balance timer for the person doing the picking up? The person being carried can also have a command to drop down at any point, similar to follow.

An alternative, based on conventions from a few MUSHes I've played: the follower can append an optional tag to the FOLLOW command, such as FOLLOW CARRIED, FOLLOW DISTANCED, FOLLOW HAND-IN-HAND, etc. Choosing one of these would alter the "he is followed by" string accordingly. This removes the need for clunky AGREE mechanics, too!
      ZailaTeaniDzekkBenedictoKelliaraTenshyoTekiasAxiusVash
    • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
      Lin said:

An alternative, based on conventions from a few MUSHes I've played: the follower can append an optional tag to the FOLLOW command, such as FOLLOW CARRIED, FOLLOW DISTANCED, FOLLOW HAND-IN-HAND, etc. Choosing one of these would alter the "he is followed by" string accordingly. This removes the need for clunky AGREE mechanics, too!

This is a much better/more effective solution. Please let's do this?

/bat eyelashes shamelessly
      ZailaAxiusTekiasTenshyo
    • edited July 2017
      Unfortunately using PayPal within my country is not possible since they withdrew their services. Despite I could pay the initial start for membership via credit card, recurring payments will not occur and that makes membership as not alluring currently. Some ideas:

- Allow a 5-10 days of grace period after membership expires and the person can re-activate it.

- Or purchasable tokens for the accounts, so the system will check availability of the tokens whenever recurring payment time comes.
      I believe there already is a short grace period. Not sure how long, but time to pay after message of expiration has gone out.

• Teani said:

I believe there already is a short grace period. Not sure how long, but time to pay after message of expiration has gone out.

So you can re-activate by purchasing from the website via credit card?

Help file was making it seem like that one should switch to PayPal even if the initial purchase can be made by credit card.

Maybe @Tiur can clarify it?
    • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
      From personal experience, you lose benefits, but have 1 month after losing them to reactivate and retain the rolling increments of sustained membership.
      Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Zaila
    • Kelliara said:

Axius said:

Before that happens, though, can we get some sort of thing that lets us stash codices in/on weaponbelts?

Pouch. Chains. Clip. Tiny clawed demon. I don't mind.

Edit: Or, heck, what about a little Indiana Jones style codex satchel?
      Shamelessly seconding this. Right now I basically just ignore that I am walking around with a book in my hand all the time but I would love to have a "real" way to do this.
      Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
      KelliaraDidi
    • edited July 2017
      Two ideas:

1. I realize this is a combat idea but we need perfume mechanics. Currently fighters smell so bad, especially Carnifex surrounded with many hounds. This can not stand that way.

The mechanic also could have differing options such as "Overtone", "Middletone", "Undertone" and "Shiftertone" where the smell of perfume will shift from Overtone to Undertone as time passes and gets closer to expiration. Shiftertone on the other hand could be for hard-to-notice smells for shifters. Wolves gotta have a strong nose, after all.

2. I am not sure whether Clans have prefix/suffix privilege but it would be nice to have access to prefix/suffix mechanics without dealing with City or Guild. For example, if you were to create a cult or other type of structured organization, you would not be able to title people accordingly. Perhaps titling that way would be subject to gold expenditure, creating a possible gold sink albeit a minor one.
      XeniaGunnald
    • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
      @Kalak I could be misremembering but I believe there is a titling NPC in Delos or whatever it's called now.

Not the cleanest solution but a decent enough work around for now. I want to say it's like 500 gold or something.
      ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
      Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
      havenbanner2
    • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
      Clans having titling privileges could go terribly awry, I think. But on top of the NPC title-er, you can also set ranks and such within a clan to whatever you want. Well, 'positions', at least. I know that 9/10 I will clanhelp a clan that I've never see/looked at before just to get a feel for what they're about.
      Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

ArbreTeani
    • edited July 2017
      Trager said:

Clans having titling privileges could go terribly awry, I think. But on top of the NPC title-er, you can also set ranks and such within a clan to whatever you want. Well, 'positions', at least. I know that 9/10 I will clanhelp a clan that I've never see/looked at before just to get a feel for what they're about.

I do not see titling privilege in clans going terribly awry. Because titling would only effect those in the clan. The only case would be that people who enter countless clans and clan leadership of one clan acting all immaturely to change titles which is something issuable. If someone in a city or guild repeatedly messed with my character's title, they would get issued, eventually.

Now NPC titler is clumsy and allowing clans (even if the cost was closer to/same as NPC titler), would provide some quality of life.
      Seems like the possibility for more trouble than it's worth, especially considering the means are already there.

Kalak
    • Trager said:

Seems like the possibility for more trouble than it's worth, especially considering the means are already there.

Titling is not something which imbalances the game or anything. It is cosmetic and if we are to encourage the creation of IC clans, there is no reason to withold such quality of life additions. Making something easier should be always favorable. It still costs gold, but access to it will not be a drag.
      There is, in all reality. Clans aren't meant to act as actual organisations. That why we have actual organisations. If you begin to chip away at giving clans these little, 'quality of life' perks, why is there any need for mechanical organisations? ESPECIALLY where the means for what you're asking already exist. And where does it end? What is they say - Give an inch, give a mile?

TeaniVashKalakFezzix
    • Axius said:

@Keroc I know this seems small, stupid, and there's a chance that it's gonna be shot down, but could we get a CONFIG that is similar to the AUTODOORS config, but for swimming? It's more for quality of life, because I've finally trained myself to move around more often using my numberpad, and I've stopped using my mount.. I know that WATERWALKING is something that I should invest in, but I like actually benefitting from one of my Arqeshi racial skills, swimming faster and all that. It feels (note, perception might not be the same as actuality) faster.

Send me a message on what System your on, mudlet, mush etc and I'll tell you how to get around this with a trigger and a little change to ya numpad @Axius I check these daily
      MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• Trager said:

There is, in all reality. Clans aren't meant to act as actual organisations. That why we have actual organisations. If you begin to chip away at giving clans these little, 'quality of life' perks, why is there any need for mechanical organisations? ESPECIALLY where the means for what you're asking already exist. And where does it end? What is they say - Give an inch, give a mile?

"Give an inch, give a mile" is inappropriate for the idea I suggest. Then I will ask guards and townes for clans? And guilds owned by clans? Right. Let us be realistic.

And I already said that the current mechanic of finding a NPC is cumbersome. Clans can be organizations without the mechanical advantages of guilds and cities. HELP FILE itself suggests they can be many things. Making their work easier would endorse clans if they wish to follow a certain style.

So if a clan leader is able to set a prefix or suffix, suddenly that makes a city or guild puny and pointless? :D
      Erzsebet