Aetolian AMA

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited March 2013
    @Everyone: If there was a second Divine for your character to serve, who would it be and why?
    @Everyone: If your character's guild ended up being one of the next ones on the chopping block, how would your character react?

Teani:
    [spoiler] Slyphe, definitely. Change is a good thing in her book, but after going through a huge number of changes herself, and getting nowhere in the Congregation, she decided to look around for another path that might suit her. Dhar made sense because of her current personal mission, as well as other things. [/spoiler]
    [spoiler] After recently leaving the Atabahi (before it was announce it would go poof) having the new one go as well would make her feel a bit lost. Not even sure where she'd go to be honest.[/spoiler]

Irea:
    [spoiler] Dhar, possibly, but it's difficult to say. It could just as easily be Slyphe or even Niuri. [/spoiler]
    [spoiler] If Sentinels were to disband, she'd possibly consider one of the other guilds in Duiran. She wouldn't despair overly much, as life as a ranger is more about the wilds than the community in her eyes. She has spent a lot of time in the wilds anyway. [/spoiler]

Ecikoria:
    [spoiler] With Arion gone, Damariel became something of a substitute, but she has problems changing from what she is. [/spoiler]
    [spoiler] Templar guild disbanding? Ecikoria would be devastated. She's managed to accept the changes from Paladin to Templar, assisting the Pentarch with her ideas to at least maintain some of the things she believed important back when she joined, while at the same time knowing change is necessary. The only other guild she would ever consider joining, if the Templars would no longer exist, would be the Sentaari. The reason for this would be Asmodean and the time she spent with him in the monastery in Ashtan. [/spoiler]

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    @Maghak: While Maghak has his place in Spinesreach, are there any individuals from Enorian or Duiran that He thinks He could hypothetically accept into his fold (even though both orgs ban him)? What would make them stand out to Him?
  • Moirean said:
    @Rivas: Did you ever receive that punishment?

[spoiler]No, unless you count the idea of "everyone asking me what I did to deserve that honors line and asking me if I've been punished yet" as a form of punishment.

Which I do.

So yes. Yes I did, that clever bastard.[/spoiler]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HavenMoirean
  • Emelle said:

@Everyone: If your character's guild ended up being one of the next ones on the chopping block, how would your character react?
    [spoiler] She would be depressed and I'm not sure if she would change to a different guild right away or not. She would be a fish out of water in any other guild. An Ascendril is WHAT  she is (that is the only class she has) and eventhough she thought about possibly going to another guild once she would still be mage in that other guild. She's stubborn. It would make for some awesome RP that would lead into other changes which would be very fun to play out. [/spoiler]

Dhar said:
    @Everyone: Which NPC could you see your character dating/being BFF's with?

[spoiler] I could definitely see her being friends with Iernos for ALL the time she spends there in the library. Which is a lot. [/spoiler]

Edhain said:

@Everyone: Is there a certain age that you most associate with your character and/or what is the mental age of your character? 

[spoiler] Hmmm... I tend to play her with a mid-20s mindset. I do try to make sure that her experiences help shape her so I think she probably comes across as older. [/spoiler]

• MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Seir said:
    @Maghak: While Maghak has his place in Spinesreach, are there any individuals from Enorian or Duiran that He thinks He could hypothetically accept into his fold (even though both orgs ban him)? What would make them stand out to Him?
    Something that few people have really grasped is that Maghak doesn't really 'accept' people, nor does He really have a fold. He will strike a bargain with anyone who feels they have something to offer and something to demand in exchange. So, functionally, anyone from the Light willing to bargain hard or submit to the whims of gambling would stand a fair chance.
  • Moirean said:
    @Edhain: Do you ever think you will shoot for leadership again?

[spoiler]
    From an OOC standpoint, no. The fact that I'm allowing myself to play at all is kind of an indulgence, so I'm really not planning to commit the time required for leadership (unless you count the tiny smidgen of shared leadership from being a high ranking order member). From an IC standpoint, if it becomes morally imperative for my character to lead he probably will try. That's a very unlikely thing to happen though, especially since his moral drive has kind of refined into a very individualist aspect after seeing so many wars. He doesn't think "socially" as much anymore, doesn't use 'we' when it comes to his orgs, etc. That question made me think, thanks Moi!
    [/spoiler]

Moirean: As a Carnifex, what kind of comraderie does Moirean share with her hounds? Has she named them and such? What's it like? (I saw some funny stuff the other day, but I'm interested in the whole thing).
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Edhain said:

Moirean: As a Carnifex, what kind of comraderie does Moirean share with her hounds? Has she named them and such? What's it like? (I saw some funny stuff the other day, but I'm interested in the whole thing).
    [spoiler]The hounds were quite a shock to me when I first joined Carnifex, to be honest. I had no idea how brutal and violent the flavour was, and that rattled me a bit. My mother runs a dog grooming salon and a kennel, so I've been waist-deep in dogs my whole life. My german shepherd, who we've had since a puppy, also died a month ago, so coming back and seeing the hound training messages has been a bit wince-worthy. I've tried to balance those RL feelings out by having Moi very concerned with the justification behind the training process (which is a natural view for her to take, having come from the Sentinels and their vastly different view of animal interactions). For example, Moi is on a crusade against the Spirean beast pit owner, since she thinks brutality with beasts is wasteful and pathetic if the animals are not learning and becoming stronger from it; gambling over them fighting sickens her.[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]A lot of my interaction with the animals themselves I'd like to leave to RP encounters (and it's something I'm still feeling out and developing), but the general gist is that I'm using the hounds (and chaos ents, when I'm Indorani) to shamelessly let me keep humour in my RP, something I initially found very hard and somewhat depressing about being a Carnifex. The ents let me balance out Moi's personality - they remind their Mistress of her duty if she lets her personality slide too far back to her Impish nature, and they also serve as reluctant tools if Moi feels she needs to (over)compensate and prove she's a big, bad, little evil knight.[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]The hounds themselves have their own personalities (like the wolves always travel in a pack and are quite feral, while the giant mastiff is staunch and loyal, and a bit of a coward), but I'm really bad with naming them. I haven't made any extensive hound management settings, and summoning them by name is the easiest way to handle switching them, so I just named them stupid crap to help me remember which are which for combat (eg chilly, chillier and chilliest for the wolves because they give chilled aff). I should fix that. >_<[/spoiler]
    Omg I typed a lot. Thanks for the question, Edhain!

@Iosyne: Not sure if this would be too metagamey, but was there any sort of stuff attached to you becoming Carnifex patron? I wasn't around for this, and I can't find any news posts or people who really know the details for the switch other than "Severn was inactive."

@Aldric: Finally found a class to stick with, as a vamp, or is this just another stop in the world tour?

@Daskalos: Why aren't you leading Enorian?

@Haven: What would draw you back to the Keep?

@Daingean: Have you ever considered using the new artifact to destroy bloodlines?
    Edhain
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    @Iosyne: Not sure if this would be too metagamey, but was there any sort of stuff attached to you becoming Carnifex patron? I wasn't around for this, and I can't find any news posts or people who really know the details for the switch other than "Severn was inactive."

[spoiler]The Commander at the time chose Iosyne as Matron because Her teachings were very much in line with theirs. He pledged Her an army.[/spoiler]

• Seir said:
    Alright, since I'm coming back, I'll participate as well.

@Everyone: If there was a second Divine for your character to serve, who would it be and why?

Hrm, probably Slyphe if not for the mere fact that He created her race. I had originally intended to go that way, but the development of Mesk led me elsewhere.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    [spoiler]@Moirean - Too much work OOC, and for the most part I'm enjoying the other parts of the game more. Daskalos has moved past the time when he needs to be in leadership, and is content to just raise his voice when he objects to something as he did recently in the city. Other than that, he keeps the leadership clan off most of the time and is oblivious to the running of the city. He helps out when needed, but he's gotten a little more active in PK than he has been in a long time, and he's RP'ing a lot more. On an OOC note, being CL is fun, but the vitriol that comes with it just wears at you, as well as the fact that to do it right, it's a full time job. I've got a full time job that takes a lot of my time, and we do a lot of big projects - right now I'm doing an install of over 500k worth of equipment. I need down time, and so Dask has refused almost every position offered to him. He's a sec in the guild out of necessity, not want, and has no desire to be GM\CL\Herald\whatever at this time. Will his mind change? Maybe, if he feels the need, but for the most part, retirement it is. Also, stay away from our Haven. [\spoiler]
    Moirean said:
    @Daskalos: Why aren't you leading Enorian?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Moirean
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moirean said:
    @Haven: What would draw you back to the Keep?
    [spoiler]Rejection, betrayal, loss of comradery or something similar to that vein from the Luminaries. At that point, I think Haven would be vulnerable enough to be roped back into the Black Keep. As is though, the Luminaries have earned his trust and treat him like family and he's not about to give it up.It's too bad really because I miss the Carnifex something fierce and I suck at alting.[/spoiler]
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Moirean
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited March 2013

Edhain said:

@Angwe: Why is he so fluent in Yeleni but so short in common? Is there a reason, like he doesn't like common as a language or something? It interests me.
    [spoiler]He's taciturn in general due to SOMEONE having basically threatened and tortured the living bejeezus out of him every time he opened his mouth growing up. As time has gone on, he's gone through a cycle of being fairly chatty (directly after escaping this person) to not speaking at all and has come back around to a healthy medium. As for why he's more willing to speak in Yeleni? Other Yeleni are comforting, especially since he became one.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
    Highly unlikely, but if the Sentinels were suddenly disbanded, he'd prob'ly shun guilds altogether unless one of the Council's guilds were desperately in need of members or the Ancestors spoke to him, convincing him of his worth enough to become a Shaman. In lieu of either of those circumstances, he's likely form something like a 'pack' with other hard-headed former Sentinels.
    [/spoiler]

@Everyone: Which NPC could you see your character dating/being BFF's with?

[spoiler]
    He used to be pretty sweet on Makiah, the female faun who runs the blackjack table in The Ivory Bough (Duiran's tavern) ever since she spoke to him once. He used to make a point of flirting with her (in his own, awkward way) every time he came in there, but she never responded to me again. :(
    [/spoiler]

@Everyone: Is there a certain age that you most associate with your character and/or what is the mental age of your character?

[spoiler]
    Complex question. It's no big secret that Angwe is an amnesiac (the fantasy kind, where you forget everything but remember common knowledge and how to speak), so life-experience-wise, he's only about 17 years old from the time of this posting. This makes itself known in his less guarded moments, when he's not trying to do his job, or when he's in a social situation that grows awkward for him.[/spoiler]

EdhainAarbrok
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I don't think he forums, but...

@Yettave: Why does Yettave hate Arbre?  I can only remember one real interaction between them and it wasn't hostile.  I'm just baffled.
    Oh man, this thread. People ask questions, go go go.

@Rivas: Every time I try to snag RP with you, you end up vanishing. Bad timing or issues because of my alignment? Or something else? :(

@Arbre: Arbre seems pretty solidly entrenched in Duiran these days. What would uproot her? Haha shaman pun.

@Iosyne: Tell us about His snake, girlfriend.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:

@Arbre: Arbre seems pretty solidly entrenched in Duiran these days. What would uproot her? Haha shaman pun.

[spoiler]
    Oh god, anything, hahaha.  I've been in such an orghoppy mood lately. 

I adore the Shamans, but if that went away I'd have little reason to stay.  If @Rivas wanted to move, I probably would follow just because why not?  I'm tied tightly to all of my orgs, but the Shamans is the only one I'm really passionate about anymore.  I'm nervous about if Auresae ever gets a new player, not because OH NEW PERSON WILL SUCK but because they won't be the Aure I'm -used- to, yanno?

So, realistically?  Ruin the Shamans for me and I'd have nowhere else in Duirnorian I'm interested in going.
    [/spoiler]
  • Moirean said:

@Rivas: Every time I try to snag RP with you, you end up vanishing. Bad timing or issues because of my alignment? Or something else? :(

[spoiler]I'm gonna go with cluelessness on my part, or bad timing. I had no idea, until now, that you've ever tried to snag RP with me in the last few RL months or so. No other specific aversion to it, though, if that's what you're asking.[/spoiler]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

So much fun! I wish I had the energy to go through and answer all the 'everyone'-questions, but I don't. I'll just Catch up from here. Ask away!

@Moirean: Why did Moirean decide to be so open and personal with Sessi during their meetup in Moirean's home in Spinesreach?

@Aldric: Has Moirean found a date for Aldric yet? If so, does she fit the requirements?

edited June 2013
    @Moirean: Why did Moirean decide to be so open and personal with Sessi during their meetup in Moirean's home in Spinesreach?

[spoiler]
    This was when Toz had vanished, and their last conversation had ended with an almost-fight over having children. Moi finally accepted that it wasn't going to happen, and then he left, so she was feeling sad and vulnerable about that, and the topic stirred up a lot of memories - add in Sessi being so young, and the talk happening in a room she had built and decorated for the children she thought she'd be having...Moi kinda got a bit lonely, and, at that moment, Sessi kinda filled in the role as a substitute kid. Someone who seemed genuinely interested in what she knew, without the trappings of being loyal/an underling. Also, there's something about how you play her - she comes across as harmless, I guess, and is very clever with being an active listener, so it's very easy to let a character lose themselves in telling her too much. :P
    [/spoiler]

Back @sessizlik - Did you ever find Tralendar again? Moi warned him you were coming. He was very pleased with himself. -_-
  • Sessizlik said:

@Aldric: Has Moirean found a date for Aldric yet? If so, does she fit the requirements?

[spoiler]
    Nope, they both got infected with some horrid plague-puking-blackout thing that put a temporary halt on the wooing process. He's hoping she forgets about it after!
    [/spoiler]
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Moirean said:

@Iosyne: Tell us about His snake, girlfriend.

The answer is not safe for work nor sanity.
    OmeiPerilunaPiperMoireanAryanne
  • I volunteer as tribute.

i am rapture coder
    EmelleNolaAryanne
    Moirean said:
    Back @sessizlik - Did you ever find Tralendar again? Moi warned him you were coming. He was very pleased with himself. -_-
    [spoiler]
    Sadly, no. I haven't played very actively lately, and when I have been around, it was for the great hunt and to check msgs and such. She also has to stay a bit low on "darkie association" after the whole dating thing. But she has all intentions in chatting him up again, once she has proof he is awake. Like deathsight or market.
    [/spoiler]

• @Everyone

If your character had a favorite cookie type, what would it be?

• I permit each of you one question to bequeath of my wisdom and wit. Employ it wisely.
    Vharen said:
    @Everyone

[spoiler]

Muffin/cupcake. It's what Sessi is all about.

[/spoiler]

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs

[spoiler]It's a Molasses cookie. Piper's not much of a sweet tooth but she does enjoy the taste of molasses and anise. [spoiler]
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Vharen said:
    @Everyone

[spoiler] mine would be people [/spoiler]
    Angwe
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Vharen said:
    @Everyone

[spoiler]Anfini's favorite.[/spoiler]
    Aarbrok
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited June 2013
    Vharen said:
    @Everyone

[spoiler]image
    By the Artist, Ursula Vernon: "Terry Pratchett invented the great Dwarven Battlebread, (but)  you can't actually EAT it. So somewhere there must be a group of dwarven cooks--dour, grim faced individuals with massive oaken spoons bound in iron, churning out vast quantities of rib-sticking, straightforward cuisine, heavy on the meat, potato, and bread food groups. These are dwarves who know the meaning of meatloaf and how to cook a steak. They are not froofy. They believe garlic goes in everything. They are utilitarian cooks. They do not garnish. They believe food should be eaten and not looked at admiringly. But they are also dwarves who understand the dwarven heart, and that life is hard when you swing a pickaxe all day, and occasionally it's nice to have cookies, too.[/spoiler]

Piper
  • Vharen said:
    @Everyone

[spoiler] A sandwich cookie! One that's pink, like a raspberry flavor or strawberry or some other flavor that comes out pink. [/spoiler]