Aetolian AMA

Comments

• @Everyone: Let's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?

[spoiler]
    Aldric would probably donate the last of his items/gold to Iosyne's Order, then have a buffet-style dinner of different organs and body parts.
    [/spoiler]

Where do you think your character would be in the real world and what do you think they would be doing in life?

[spoiler]
    Aldric would probably be mid-west somewhere where there's not many people. Have a house up in the mountains, and probably work on an oil rig or doing construction or something equally manly and labor-intensive.
    [/spoiler]

If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with him/her?

[spoiler]
    I feel like Aldric would be one awesome drinking buddy, but maybe a bit too in-your-face for me. Who knows, we have a lot in common though.
    [/spoiler]

@Everyone: Who is somebody in real life (alive or dead) that your character would idolize/look up to?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • @Aldric said: 
    @Everyone: Who is somebody in real life (alive or dead) that your character would idolize/look up to?

[spoiler] Mina doesn't buy into the whole hero worship thing. People are all flawed creatures in one way or another. Set yourself some goals and apply yourself to them. Rara. Azlia would look up to Mae West. All sass, goes after what she wants, takes no prisoners. Ayaeva would look up to MLK Jr. Accomplishing great works on the power of his word and spirit of compassion. Making the world a better place.[/spoiler]
    imageimage
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haven said:

@Everyone: Let's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?

[spoiler]As these are basically the two main things Setne tends to eat, goose drumsticks and beef stroganoff. And a few cups of alcohol, but not anything excessive.[/spoiler]

@Everyone: Where do you think your character would be in the real world and what do you think they would be doing in life?

[spoiler]Setne would most likely work for the CIA or Mossad, doing some pretty dark stuff that the public should have 0 knowledge about.[/spoiler]

@Everyone: If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with him/her?

[spoiler]I'd love to talk to Setne in real life, but I think he'd be trying to avoid me and my million questions about his work and stuff.[/spoiler]
    Aldric said:

[spoiler]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Cohen[/spoiler]

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

@Everyone: Let's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?
    [spoiler]
    Since she would probably be squeezed to death by an anaconda or ripped apart by a shark, I think her last meal would either be a muffin or her cheese topped onion soup, since that's pretty much what she lives on atm. Last words, "Eep!" Last act, flailing her arms in panic.

If she knew she was going to die, her last meal would be a big, bloody steak, just to have tried it out once in life, finished with a few cupcakes. Last words, "Eat more sweets, it's good for you!" Last acts, I don't know, she would either be very calm about it and accept her faith, or kick wildly around herself to keep people away.
    [/spoiler]

@Everyone: Where do you think your character would be in the real world and what do you think they would be doing in life?
    [spoiler]
    Sessi would own a top-notch muffin and cupcake shop in Hollywood. Not because she wants to be famous, but because it's a busy area.
    [/spoiler]

@Everyone: If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with him/her?
    [spoiler]
    Probably, but in small doses.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler]
    William 'Bill' Yosses, of course. Who wouldn't love to make desserts for the white house?
    [/spoiler]

•  @Everyone: Let's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?
    [spoiler]Meal she would not care about. Last words - To her son Khai. Telling him who his father was, and to seek him out. To remain close to Angwe, Aarbrok, and Meyvitch.

And if possible, be near water. In it, something of the sort. She believes and was raised to believe that as a Kelki and follower of Lord Slyphe, that you are born, live, and die at sea. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]
    Single mother, because she has the tendency to make bad choices. But one of those who manages to work, provide and be an excellent mother. That would be the entire focus of her life.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler]
    For the most part, yes. 
    [/spoiler]

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited July 2013
    @Haven Ezalor's kind of just a big troll. He's very elitist and condescending and views mortals as a different (inferior) species altogether pretty much. He used to be very stiff and somewhat insecure about this, since there were mortals that could totally dunk him despite this elitism, but since going through Iosyne's Order and actually learning to fight, now it's all just a big game for him.

He sees @Aren get really paranoid and upset about it so he's pushing that button over and over (and over) again for his own amusement. He also greatly respects anyone who will duel, even mortals, and feels like he could improve Haven into a killing machine as a vampire. But still largely just for the amusement factor, he doesn't really care if people become Blooded or not since in his eyes it's more for their own gain than anything to him.
    Haven
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Haven said:

[spoiler]
    African warlord.

I would most likely not get along with her whatsoever.
    [/spoiler]
    Haven
  • @Haven

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

<_<

I've been working on my system again, so I'm around, you just don't pay attention.
    Haven
  • edited July 2013
    Missari said:
    I've been working on my system again, so I'm around, you just don't play.
    NOT THAT I'M ONE TO TALK. But I can't let a good joke die young.
    Haven
  • edited July 2013
    Haven said:

@Aren: If Aren had to choose between sacrificing Daskalos/loved ones or the Age of Dawn, what would he choose? Could he even make the choice? Meaning in order for the AoD to arrive, he had to sacrifice his loved ones. Otherwise, we have what we have now.

[spoiler] I would like to say Aren would bring about the age of dawn but it depends on a lot of things. If his loved ones could come back then yeah, he would choose AoD. If it meant they would forever be changed/dead he may need to think about it for a time. Aren isn't very good at making the hard choices. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Very doubtful. Aren's worst traits make him arrogant, spoiled, self-centered and cocky, things I hate in people. [/spoiler]
    HavenAryanne
  • Haven said:

[spoiler] Chances are likely causing whatever the incident that leads to demise is. Would be spearheading the defense against it if possible. Also testing what he can in regards to it (aka, tossing people to perma death ahead of him). [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Likely some sort of hard science/engineering, weapons development, or military officer [/spoiler]

• edited August 2013
    @Everyone If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with him/her?

[spoiler] No, probably not. The few separations I have with my character would inhibit that, I think. The 'always follow your duty, always do the right thing' aspect of Val's personality would get exhausting after a while. I might sleep with her though, she's super intense and has a pretty rockin' body. [/spoiler]

Where do you think your character would be in the real world and what do you think they would be doing in life?

[spoiler] I see Val as a cop in Maine with a degree in criminal justice. She'd have a small house but it would be loaded with stuff she never uses thanks to a hoarding habit. She'd have at least fifteen empty bottles of crown royal under the sink and would go drinking with the guys every Friday night.  She'd probably have a dog that she considers to be part of the family but no significant other to speak of seeing that she's a divorcee.  She'd have a hidden talent for cooking or painting. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] She'd probably want to die protecting Enorian or some other noble cause. To her that'd probably be the most beautiful and acceptable way to go out. [/spoiler]

Edit: 

[spoiler] She probably would have read The Art of War so many times that the spine had worn out. lol [/spoiler]

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

This thread haven't been used in a long time. I Think it's time we kick it back up again for some fun!

Ask me anything! And to kick things off, here is a question for you all.

@Everyone: If your character were an animal, real or mythical, what would it be and why?

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    A Kraken because of tentacles y'know.
    Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    AMA too. @Sessizlik:

Rojalli, 'cause giant badass cats of dhoom.

Or a wolverine, because @Faerah says they're 'cute' while in reality they're utter badasses.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    [spoiler]
    Because fire baby!
    [/spoiler]
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    You know those little, fluffy white cats? Phoe would probably be one of those. Either that, or something like a shih tzu puppy.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Slimes are animals right?

SessizlikEmelleAshmerPiperElie
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

SessizlikTeaniLimAryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Questions are too hard. I guess 100 horse sized ducks.
    Emelle
  • edited April 2014
    Sessizlik said:

@Everyone: If your character were an animal, real or mythical, what would it be and why?

Miss Isa sees herself like this:
    But is probably more like this:

Miss Mina is probably:

Edit: Attempting to fix broken links.
    imageimage
  • [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    Haven
    edited September 2014
    Why should @Oleis get to have all the fun! Let's bump dis thang. Ask me anything, you goons.
    Moirean
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

I never did my animal, I am a blue footed Booby
    Moirean
    @Trigru:

- 3 favorite Aetolian memories
    - Worst/funniest bug anecdote. Double points if you caused it
    - Things you miss about being a mortal
    - If you could change one thing about Aetolia...
    - Your ultimate coding ambition/goal/dream
    - Favorite and least favorite things to do in Aetolia
    - Proudest creation/achievement, both as mortal and admin
    - Favorite Imp
    - Ways you are helping me get a pony from Oleis
    Aarbrok
  • edited September 2014
    @Trigru: Favorite Celani and why.

Edit: Also, I'll answer some questions here!
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    @Trigru: Who is your favorite superhero and why is it Deadpool?

@Obyn: What is the Ghend?

@Both: What's your favorite thing about being Celani?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

@Obyn:

- Best builder's anecdote
    - Worst builder nightmare
    - If you could create ANY area, what would it be? What sort of awesome mobs and stuff would it have?
    - Favorite part of Aetolian lore
    - Proudest addition to the game world
    - Funniest anecdote from hosting an event or making a new mechanic
    edited September 2014
    Moirean said:

@Trigru:

- Worst/funniest bug anecdote. Double points if you caused it
    - Things you miss about being a mortal
    - If you could change one thing about Aetolia...
    - Your ultimate coding ambition/goal/dream
    - Favorite and least favorite things to do in Aetolia
    - Proudest creation/achievement, both as mortal and admin
    - Favorite Imp
    - Ways you are helping me get a pony from Oleis

• 3 favorite Aetolian memories: Golly, that's a tricky one. In no real order or hierarchy: Spinesreach's Next Top Blacksmith; the reveal of the major Grecht empires; the Celebration of the Stars.
    • Worst/funniest bug anecdote: I honestly can't think of one, since we go through a LOT of bugs. My favorite bug of all time, however, was the one that would double up on plural item descs in rooms in funny ways (There are three mushrooms here. Three mushrooms. Three mushrooms.)!
    • Things you miss about being a mortal: Not being omniscient. Being able to see and hear everything that goes on can be a bit much. Aside from that, not to give a Lame Answer, but I think I've reached a point in my volunteering where I don't miss much about being mortal at all.
    • If you could change one thing about Aetolia: I would completely remodel the way we handle equipment, money, stats, and premium purchasing in this game. Character effectiveness would rely more on equipment and special gear. A Luminary would hit hard because he farmed a raid to get his amazing +6 Spiritual Mace of Smashing, not because he has 25 STR. Credit purchases would go toward cosmetics, such as minipets and premium additions to housing, the racial relics, etc., while significant things like housing are moved to gold. Gold would be a lot harder to come by, would never drop from mobs, and would not be tradeable for credits. I could actually keep going on about this for a while, so let's just leave it at that!
    • Your ultimate coding ambition/goal/dream: Gonna cheat and give two answers to this one: First, I want to get good enough with Rapture that I can fully implement a new class (or at least a skillset) by myself. After that, I want to redo our game's weather system. Did you know the Gods can't really change the weather? Isn't that silly?
    • Favorite and least favorite things to do in Aetolia: My most favorite, by far, is making little quality-of-life tweaks. These days, I've taken on the role of a meta-creator: I like to improve the tools we use behind-the-scenes, to facilitate content creation for my fellow volunteers. You've seen occasional bits of my work pop up though (the room alerts in combat-free rooms; the quest inventory system which we aren't using yet)! My least favorite is writing room descriptions. I loathe, loathe, loathe it. I can make maps, mobs, or anything else with gleeful abandon, but get me in front of an empty room and I begin to pass out.
    • Proudest creation/achievement, as a mortal and as an admin: I can't give away too much, naturally, but let's say my proudest as a mortal involved guildhall additions. As an admin, my proudest creation was the Papers, Please-like minigame for Spinesreach and Enorian (I'm mostly proud because I coded it in about an hour).
    • Favorite imp: Sorry hon, I'm a Villi fanboy!
    • Ways you are helping [Moirean] get a pony from Oleis: Taking a pony from Oleis is like taking a mirror away from Kanye West.
    Obyn said:

@Trigru: Favorite Celani and why.

ME.
    Ashmer said:

@Trigru: Who is your favorite superhero and why is it Deadpool?

@Obyn: What is the Ghend?

@Both: What's your favorite thing about being Celani?

• Favorite superhero, and why is it Deadpool: I'm sorry, I've never been a fan of Deadpool. I get this incredibly patronizing feeling from the Deadpool writers, like they're being clever at me. Do you know who my real favorite superhero is? THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Oh look that guy has money and training, oh look that guy has a robot suit, oh look that guy is a descendant of extra-planar gods-- NO, THE HULK IS JUST A BIG DUDE MADE OF NUKES. The Hulk is so Incredible that when Marvel runs out of ideas for villains, they go "hey, how about the Hulk goes crazy?" I swear to God when I saw him take down that huge worm mecha thing in the Avengers film, my ex thought I was going to start fapping right there in the theater.
    • What is the Ghend?: I know you didn't ask me this but I'm gonna answer it anyway! The Ghend is what Willis was talkin' 'bout.
    • What's your favorite thing about being Celani?: Making little additions, changelogging them, and then hearing people go nuts (in a good way) over omni.
    MoireanHavenPerilunaElie