Aetolian AMA

Comments

• Haven said:
    @Missari: I've often entertained the idea of trying to restore your character's memories (I'm personally hoping @Severn picks up on the plan/arc I've got cooking but we'll see) but I wonder about the consequences. Do you think regaining her memories will undo all the work she has accomplished as a Lighter? You've also portrayed the character, my interpretation anyway, as not overly concerned with the past. How do you feel about that personally? Sometimes I think it's you hinting: Yeah, not really interested. And other times I think it's just the character being the character.
    [spoiler]
    No. I don't think that it would completely undo her lighter/forestal work. Saying anything else I think would be too spoilery/predictating things that should be done on the fly.

Missi's current personality is very "in the moment". She was "raised" to believe that the only time that matters is now, and focusing too much on the past or future will cause inaction and stagnation. 

As for getting her memories back, she's been working on that herself, in her own, very unproductive, way.
    [/spoiler]
    Haven
  • @Haven: Atra and Haven have always been sort of at each other's throats in a "friendly" way, mostly due to their clashing personalities. How has Haven traditionally viewed Atra/felt about him, and has that changed at all with Atra's recent push to apparently "rescue" Haven from himself?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Atrapoema said:
    @Haven: Atra and Haven have always been sort of at each other's throats in a "friendly" way, mostly due to their clashing personalities. How has Haven traditionally viewed Atra/felt about him, and has that changed at all with Atra's recent push to apparently "rescue" Haven from himself?

Lol. Many have tried!

[spoiler]

This question was harder to answer than I originally thought. Truthfully, Haven didn't like Atrapoema very much or at all in the beginning. It wasn't just the clashing personalities or how fundamentally different they were but also because Atrapoema seemed to be the one of the more active thorns in Haven's plots. Not to be confused with my feelings! I typically thought your character was a riot both from afar and up close and personal. Anyway, while Haven has always respected Atra, he's gradually transformed from this general menace to this... not brother or mentor (Though Atra does seem to try at the mentor bit!)... I'm not sure how to describe it but it certainly is some kind of special bond. They're like friends who don't want to admit that they're friends despite it being pretty obvious? I dunno.

I don't think Haven is fully aware of Atrapoema's recent efforts yet. So I can't say that there is much change on that front.

[/spoiler]

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Atrapoema
    Is there any hope for salvaging Atra and Angwe's relationship after the latest incident?
  • edited July 2013
    @Angwe:
    That really depends on Angwe!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've been in a bit of an RP slump recently, so I'll join in.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Sarita: Why am I, of all people, not on the Bahir'an 'banned for curing too damned much' list?
    Aryanne
    Arbre said:
    @Sarita: Why am I, of all people, not on the Bahir'an 'banned for curing too damned much' list?
    [spoiler] We started it off with Xavin because at the time, a lot of people who left and cured did it because of him. Arbre had left long enough before him that she wasn't directly implicated in the mass exodus.[/spoiler]
  • Wait so...Xavin's banned for curing once? >.<

Stathan
  • I'll play again.
    imageimage
  • I love how expressive you all are. You're amazing, guys.
    Iosyne

@Everyone: Let's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?

@Everyone: Where do you think your character would be in the real world and what do you think they would be doing in life?

@Missari: Play more. (lol, I'm one to talk.)

@Arbre: Could she ever hate one of her sisters? Like unforgiveable hate, super-ragey hate if not would kill on sight hate.

@Rivas: Do you think his views on the Light have changed in recent years?

@Ezalor: >> Why is he so hell-bent on converting Haven into a vampire?

@Aren: If Aren had to choose between sacrificing Daskalos/loved ones or the Age of Dawn, what would he choose? Could he even make the choice? Meaning in order for the AoD to arrive, he had to sacrifice his loved ones. Otherwise, we have what we have now.

havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited July 2013
    Haven said:

@Everyone: Let's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?

[spoiler]

Moi would want to spend her final moments with Toz. First making love, then cuddling, then going out to face the doom together, and going down fighting.

[/spoiler]

@Everyone: Where do you think your character would be in the real world and what do you think they would be doing in life?

[spoiler]
    I think Moi would either be working in the UN or running a corporation.
    [/spoiler]

• edited July 2013
    Haven said:

[spoiler] Peri has never cared for food really. She might want a chocolate candy that Ninette makes, but that's about it. She'd want to be with those she cares about most like her daughters and her husband and Meskhenet and Kog too. [/spoiler]
    Haven said:

[spoiler] Oh wow. Honestly, she'd probably own her own business. Like a smaller version of Wal-Mart. [/spoiler]
    Meskhenet
    @Everyone: If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with him/her?
    havenbanner2
  • edited July 2013
    Haven said: 

@EveryoneLet's assume death was permanent for a moment. What would your character want as their last meal before the big sleep? Last words? Last act?

[spoiler] Aya - a big pot of hot chocolate, a good book to read, and her mister to cuddle. Mina -  too busy taking notes to pay any damn attention to her oncoming death.  Azlia - A big, fat cigar, a flask of excellent scotch, a huge pile of buttered crab legs, smoked salmon, and a good, hearty sourdough bread slathered with butter for her last meal. She'd go out dragging @Vharen along with her, possibly to use him as a shield. She'd be taking notes while trying to run away on her stubby little legs. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]  Aya - Totally being high school valedictorian, 4.0 Ivy League, and on her way to a career as the head of a major non-profit.  Mina - Pushing paper in a mid-sized corporation as middle management. Stuck in a rut, staring at cubicle walls, in a crappy NY apartment with too many cats. Azlia - Possibly a part time circus or burlesque performer. Her day job would be either mechanic or some variety of engineer. Spent her teens as a mouthy punk girl, all the big mohawk and angry tattoos. [/spoiler]

@Everyone: If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with her?

[spoiler] I'd find Mina terribly boring but she could hang out, Aya is too sweet, I'd feel like I was corrupting her with my very presence, Azlia and I would get into SO MUCH TROUBLE together. It'd be awesome.  [/spoiler]

Edit - I hate the forums. 

imageimage
  • edited July 2013
    Haven said:

[spoiler]Omei would be a severely ill mental patient, probably a paranoid schizophrenic, possibly an artistic savant. She would be locked up in an asylum for lifetime patients and require heavy, daily medication in order to function.[/spoiler]

Haven said:
    @Everyone: If your character was a real person, do you think you would get along with him/her?
    [spoiler]No one would get along with her. She'd throw things at the Lovecraftian abominations that no one else could see and think her nurses were in cahoots against her.[/spoiler]

i am rapture coder
    @Omei: The death thing applies to the gods too!
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA

Haven said:
    God no.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Haven said:
    [spoiler]I can't decide whether or not it's masturbatory to say that Lin would probably just sleep with me and then never see me again.

Anfini would be a total bro though, We'd hang out and talk mathematics and cryptography over beers at the local brewhouse.[/spoiler]
    ಠ_ಠ
    Haven said:
    [spoiler]
    Arbre would be a homemaker.  Pre-Rivas Arb would be too unstable to hold a job and Post-Rivas Arb would be focused on being a stay-at-home mother.
    [/spoiler]
    Haven said:
    @Arbre: Could she ever hate one of her sisters? Like unforgiveable hate, super-ragey hate if not would kill on sight hate.
    [spoiler]
    No.  It's too ingrained into her that she's supposed to be there for them and take care of them, Roux especially.  She is, for all intents and purposes, at their beckon call to a masochistic degree.
    [/spoiler]
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    > beckon call
    I almost asked if it was beckon call or beck-and-call.  Also, you put some eyeballs over to the left, Lin.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Haven said:
    Totally. We would plot world domination together, and then get lazy, and then get drunk, and then sober up and do it again.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Haven said:

@Rivas: Do you think his views on the Light have changed in recent years?

Recent years? Nah. Since he came back from his vacation (i.e.- I started playing him again), absolutely. He's gotten a lot more pragmatic and less zealous, despite how "shady" he was before. He's much more realistic about the things that -should- be done, versus what -must- be done.
    Haven said:
    Rivas is, essentially, me when it comes to personality and quirks and things like that. We'd probably be best buds.

Trask...that's something different. He'd probably be an -awesome- drinking buddy, but someone I'd have to bail out of jail the next morning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• There is a floating pair of ಠ_ಠ for some reason!
    Draiman
  • The forums have eyes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I blame Linfini.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    It is peering into my soul!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

edited July 2013
    Haven said:

[spoiler]Assuming she was successfully convinced that this wasn't something like Severn pulling another grand artifice, Sarita would try out all the things she's held back on forever, like kissing someone. Her last "meal" would fit in there as well: she's never fed on someone while they are alive except for when she embraces someone.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Some sort of weird hermit who shuns society in general, preferring to live alone in the wilds. She may or may not use that as a cover for illicit, criminal activities.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I doubt I'd ever meet her, but if I somehow did, I'd probably dismiss her as a bit too eccentric for any kind of real relationship.[/spoiler]