Aetolian AMA

Comments

• -decides to play- Suppose this a good use for my first post as any.
  • Konnorn said:

@Edhain: Is there anything that could happen for you to leave Dhar's order? If so, what?

@Everyone: You are playing a game of chess against a Divine of your chose. If you win, you will get one wish. Who would the Divine be and what would you wish for when winning?

[spoiler] Addressing the specific question: There's really only one way I can see, and that's Dhar kicking him out. Edhain is a very loyal fellow, and Dhar is his #1 loyalty prioritization. As a player, I've often wanted to leave Dhar and I still kind of do sometimes, even with this new Dhar who is so proactive and awesome and roleplayer-y. The main reasons for that are my own frustrations with the order - for instance, I used to want to induct a ton of fighters and holy war all over the place but firstly I wasn't supposed to induct on my own and secondly I wasn't supported in that endeavor by my at-the-time-fellow Arbiter. These days it's not that, because I don't play enough for that to be a feasible option for me. These days it's more a residual boredom with who my character is and an urge to change him into something else. But leaving Dhar is just something that my character would never do. Both his ideals about justice and his emotional attachment are very tied to the Underking's order, and in my more rational moments I really like that as a player anyway.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Addressing the general "everyone" question: Varian, and the wish would be to destroy creation! What a grim fellow Edhain is. ;) [/spoiler]

@Konnorn: Is it a feasible option for Konnorn to go back to the "Dark Side"?

@Alistaire: Does Alistaire ever use those whitewashed quarters that used to be Kordun's?

@Alexina: Does she have any political or continental goals to enact with the completion of her island? (If it's secret you don't have to share. :D)

@Everyone: What is your character's loyalty prioritization? List everything to which there is even the slightest characteristic loyalty, if possible. 
  • @Konnorn: Is it a feasible option for Konnorn to go back to the "Dark Side"?
    @Everyone: What is your character's loyalty prioritization? List everything to which there is even the slightest characteristic loyalty, if possible.

[spoiler] That is an absolute no. Konnorn dislikes far too many Lochians to ever want to go back there. As for Spinesreach, he still doesn't trust the politics of the city, or the leadership. There is a bigger chance he would move to Duiran, or quite simply go into torpor, before even considering going back to the 'Dark side'. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Konnorn is very torn when it comes to his loyalty prioritization. He is very loyal towards his family, when he feels the need to be. He used to be very loyal towards his God, until he had to choose between the two. He has a lot of priorities at all times, but when having to put one over the other, he just can't. [/spoiler]

Edhain
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    edited January 2013
    Edhain said:

@Alistaire: Does Alistaire ever use those whitewashed quarters that used to be Kordun's?

[spoiler] He lost his key, somewhere along the way. So no. The blaring white of the whole thing did have a lingering effect on him, though. His entire uniform is white.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Light
    The Light
    Enorian
    The Templar
    The Gods of Light
    [/spoiler]

Yes, I intentionally listed one of them twice.
    Edhain
  • Edhain said:

[spoiler]
    Family (more specifically Milian and their daughters)
    The Syssin
    Spinesreach
    one other, that -no one- knows about
    [/spoiler]
    Edhain
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited January 2013
    Edhain said:
    [spoiler]
    * Her personal ethics and morals (integrity, duty, order, reason, and so on).
    * Life
    * Truth
    * The needs of the larger world as dictated by the first three loyalties.
    * The communities she devotes her time, energy and investment to. (they come before personal comfort, but she is not life-sworn to them when they lose their way/conflict with her personal ethics and morals)
    * The people she devotes her energy and time to. (she would not follow a traitor)
    * The Cousins - Trolls, Ogres and Orcs. (A duty to help them in some plight or another, to help guide and lead them out of peril, be it smuggling kin out of Ugtar's clan for lives outside of thuggery, to advocating for the refugees)
    * Honouring the memories of things that were. (prior friendships, mourning, prior relationships, and allegiances - it is a priority and thing she finds important, so while not necessarily a loyalty in the sense of organization belonging, it is non-the-less something she would list. This includes doing 'right' or well by them, even after things have gone)
    * The forge, her equipment, and creating - she feels a duty to honour even mundane materials, pushing quality over flash, and honouring the things these items do - war, death, hunting, the taking of life or the sparing it, all of which are carried and meditated upon in the forging process.
    [/spoiler]

EDIT: Added a last one I didn't know how to phrase earlier.
    Edhain
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Edhain said:

[spoiler]
    1. Sibatti
    2. Auresae
    3. Duiran
    4. Sentinels
    5. dur Naya
    [/spoiler]
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Edhain
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Kiyotan said:
    Edhain said:

[spoiler]
    1. Arbre
    2. Sibatti
    3. Auresae
    4. Duiran
    5. Sentinels
    6. dur Naya
    [/spoiler]
    ftfy
    Kiyotan
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Edhain said:

[spoiler]1. Her wolven nature
    2. Auresae
    3. Aquila (including Xavin)
    4. Dendara/Guardians (including Kalavar)
    5. Shamans
    6. Duiran[/spoiler]

I feel like there's more, but that's all I could come up with, even with Aisling's help.
    Edhain
    Arbre said:
    Edhain said:

[spoiler]1. Kiyotan
    2. Kiyotan's beard
    3. Other stuff who cares[/spoiler]
    FTFY
    ArbreAldric
  • edited January 2013

[spoiler]1. The Light 2. The Daru 3. The Truth 4. Damariel 5. Rivas 6. Enorian [/spoiler]
    [spoiler]-Most all of the above is linked back to her main priority.  Truth is separated from Damariel, and raised higher, only because she has been serving Truth throughout the years it has had different Divine figureheads, and even without those Divine, it would still be important to her. [/spoiler]

Spoiler tags hate me. 
    Edhain
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited January 2013

@Edhain said:

@Alexina: Does she have any political or continental goals to enact with the completion of her island? (If it's secret you don't have to share. :D)

[spoiler]
    She does not really have any goal at all at the moment. There never really was any mastermind plan behind the island, but I'm sure it could be useful for various purposes.
    [/spoiler]
    Edhain

• Haven said:
    Hadoryu: Now that you've stopped playing, what was your most memorable experience in Aetolia?

Oh, well, look here. I didn't see this.

I guess the whole Elene saga would be the most memorable time I had, though it's a close call with my time in Duiran. I guess it was a big 'Aha' moment for me. It was when I realized just how important it is to give people a narrative to create excitement and to revitalize an organization. The Paladins were absolutely amazing at that point in time. Just about every day there was some new political situation I needed to get myself out of, more battles to fight on every front. It was amazing. Never once regretted dropping the 'reliable and faithful' characterization for Hado.

LinHavenArbreEdhain
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I'm in.

Edhain
     said:

[spoiler]I sat here for several minutes trying to think of a list like (almost) everyone else has and I couldn't.  Emelle is completely devoted to Omei, so much so that she doesn't know how to divorce herself and what she is from her Goddess anymore.  Everything she does -- how she perceives the world, how she interacts with people, how she decides what to do and what not to from day to day -- directly stems from her loyalty to her Goddess.[/spoiler]
    Edhain
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Kiyotan Does Kite have any interest in rebuilding/expanding Dur Naya? If not, why?
  • Edhain said:
    Val and I have similar values systems: I believe its more of a loyalty to her sense of morality and search for truth over, say, individual loyalty. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm in too.

Loyalty question:
    Right now Teani is in the wind, not quite knowing where to go. In general though, she's a loyal creature towards whomever she feels are part of her "pack", people who have not let her down.

• oooh this seems like much fun. AMA as well :D.

@Teani Teani is a good friend of Calipso, but at times I feel Teani is overtly sensitive at whatever comments are directed at her from others, and tries to calm her down afterwards. Calipso still cherishes the friendship there and feels as though she can share her more casual thoughts with Teani like a girlfriend without any judgement (like sooome people).
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden

Calipso
    said:
    @Teani Teani is a good friend of Calipso, but at times I feel Teani is overtly sensitive at whatever comments are directed at her from others, and tries to calm her down afterwards. Calipso still cherishes the friendship there and feels as though she can share her more casual thoughts with Teani like a girlfriend without any judgement (like sooome people).
    Was there a question in there somewhere too?
    As a general response to that though...
    [spoiler] Teani has been under some pressure and feels strongly about her duties. The situation with Kaetriela was one such instance when she was feeling trampled on while just doing her duty. Her life is changing quite drastically lately, so she's on edge more than usual. [/spoiler]

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    *brushes dust off shoulders.*

I suppose I'll start paying attention to this again, since it appears I'm actually using the forums.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    edited March 2013
    Angwe said:
    @Kiyotan Does Kite have any interest in rebuilding/expanding Dur Naya? If not, why?
    [spoiler]Very much so. It is, in fact, Kiyotan's primary goal - to be fruitful and multiply and be able to pass on his legacy to his kin (my favorite RP, after all, is when I get to show Kiyotan's paternal side). But with Sibatti gone, it's a bit difficult to produce new Dur Naya. A recent opportunity has presented itself though, courtesy of Lin's little gift, so we'll see how that pans out.[/spoiler]
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited March 2013
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Kiyotan said:
    Angwe said:
    [spoiler]Very much so. It is, in fact, Kiyotan's primary goal - to be fruitful and multiply and be able to pass on his legacy to his kin (my favorite RP, after all, is when I get to show Kiyotan's paternal side). But with Sibatti gone, it's a bit difficult to produce new Dur Naya. A recent opportunity has presented itself though, courtesy of Lin's little gift, so we'll see how that pans out.[/spoiler]
    YOU'RE GOING TO BANG LIN'S DAUGHTER!?
  • Lin said:
    Kiyotan said:
    Angwe said:
    I THINK HE IS. I THINK HE IS GOING TO BANG LIN'S DAUGHTER, GUYS!
    Kiyotan
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Lin said:
    Kiyotan said:
    Angwe said:

Is she female? Then yes, he's probably going to try.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

KiyotanCalipso
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daskalos said:
    Lin said:
    Kiyotan said:
    Angwe said:

Is she female? Then yes, he's probably going to try.

@Daskalos: Lol at try.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Kira may be everyone's player, but Kiyo is everyone's daddy.
    PiperDaskalosArbreLinZunPeriluna
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Emelle, Honestly, that's a hard question to answer. Angwe pretty much treats every(living)body the same, but you never know how someone is going to react. Though he does have his more puckish side, he's rarely a deliberate asshole. Maybe some people just have soft skins?
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Alright, since I'm coming back, I'll participate as well.

@Everyone: If there was a second Divine for your character to serve, who would it be and why?

@Arbre: Arbre is engaged. What caused her to change and ultimately become monogamous?

@Emelle: With Omei gone, has her loyalties to the Order changed at all?

• Seir said:
    Alright, since I'm coming back, I'll participate as well.

@Everyone: If there was a second Divine for your character to serve, who would it be and why?
    Likely Dhar. Several of his tenets appeal to Xavin, though it is nothing that is particularly easy to define.

Also, snickering at your question to Arbre.