Aetolian AMA

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    How fancy!
  • Daingean said:

Raeche: Was the interaction between her and Dain generally random? I know they had a bit of interaction when she was a mostly newbie, and he was poking about helping anyone who died that wasn't obviously a nastypants, but other than that, a lot of their conversation seemed to come up spur of the moment.
    [spoiler]
    Gee, you know, I actually can't remember at all whether it was totally random or someone tipped me off that you were great to interact with. At the time, I was looking to expand my interaction circle to more than just Spinesreach, and so it was either someone told me OOC'ly that you were good to chat up, or I had looked up the Lighter helpfiles to find someone.

As a player, I really don't like the cliques that arise out of the light-dark divide. Don't get me wrong, I like the light-dark conflict, but how it translates into Aetolia having different OOC communities created is something that I think goes against the purpose of this game - to have fun together. 

As the character, Raeche does not shying away from interacting with people on the other side, and in fact thinks it is especially important to seek them out. It's PR, as well as intelligence work. "Know your enemy, and you will not lose even in a hundred battles," and such.
    [/spoiler]

:)
    Orisae
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I'm in.

• I'm in.
    imageimage
  • Why not . Me too.
  • RhoRho
    edited December 2012
    Daskalos said:

Rho: What does your character think of Daskalos and the Luminaries?

On Daskalos:
    [spoiler] She thinks he's a rash man with a lot of power behind him and little to no ways to funnel it into useful actions. The flag thing in Spinesreach was amusing, but she isn't really sure what it accomplished -which could be said for the one man raids on Spinesreach as well, I suppose. I remember when Rho asked Daskalos why he was killing the men and women giving their lives for Spinesreach, the best he could come up with was the Syndicate doing something. That all said, she enjoys his presence and isn't afraid to come right up to him, or say things that could very likely find her without a head.[/spoiler]

On the Luminaries:
    [spoiler] It's hard to give a -real- answer here, as the only two she has ever really spoken to are Daskalos and Aren a few times, but I'll try to give some more of her thoughts. She has spied on other members quite a bit and she thinks that the leadership choices are a pretty terrible group, if only because they don't seem to do much - much less in the way of -outward- Luminary related business. Of course, this is from a totally third party perspective, on the opposite side of the world, pretty much, She feels like they could use a Syndicate-esque facelift, IE something to give their outward presence a pointed and direct approach, rather than...what ever it is now. [/spoiler]

Hope that answers your question.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Eh, why not? I'm in.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm in too.

Daskalos: If you had to join a baddie guild, what would it be and why?

Lin: The Drekiethi (however they're spelt) empire has appointed you their new Empress. What's the first thing that you do?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited December 2012
    Haven said:
    Daskalos: If you had to join a baddie guild, what would it be and why?

[spoiler]

That's a tough one, in truth. As a player, the dark classes have had little lure for me, however, if Daskalos were to switch sides, I'm not sure he would join a guild. He would probably be a rogue, focusing on corruption of some sort, since multiclassing makes it so you don't have to be in a guild. He's been a sec in the Daru and the Sentaari, but neither guild really held much lure for him. It's sort of like Luminaries or no guild for Dask.

[/spoiler]

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I'll participate. Fire away.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Kiyotan: Why did Kiyo pick Arbre to be his sister?
  • I'm in.
    Arbre said:
    Kiyotan: Why did Kiyo pick Arbre to be his sister?
    Because her name was at the top of the WHO list.
    [Spoiler]But seriously, I have long desired sibling RP and, at the time, Arbre was the individual with whom Kiyotan had the most in common--Duiran, Sentinels, Auresae. Also, there was a mild sexual tension that always helps to make for interesting RP, even if not acted upon. Arbre always stuck out in my mind as the kind of person who, when she does good, does it for good's sake and not recognition or reward. Whether or not his was an accurate assumption of the character, it fueled Kiyo's decision to adopt Arb among others. Her involvement in Sib's miscarriage RP helped a great deal.[/spoiler]
    Now stop asking that.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    I'll join, I guess. Can't hurt.
  • I am in for questioning though I know I will regret this...
    imageimageimage
  • SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME, TOO.

Put me in, coach, I can do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Rivas: Does Rivas believe Arbre's answer about being mad at/hating/loving Auresae?  Is he suspicious of her?
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Elwyn: Can you ever see Elwyn leaving Duiran? If so, where would she go?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

@Lin: What would it take to cause you to bring Lin back to Duiran? A major meltdown? A heartbreaking catastrophe? A sneeze?
  • Arbre said:
    Rivas: Does Rivas believe Arbre's answer about being mad at/hating/loving Auresae?  Is he suspicious of her?
    [spoiler]He believes it, but only because he's forced to. You have to remember...the last time I played Rivas regularly was -LAST- January, roughly 50 IC years ago. He knew Arbre, but he knew her as a vampire that hung around with vampireXavin all the time. He comes back to a world where most of the people he distrusted (and downright -HATED-, for some) are not only his allies, but some are his guildleaders and ordermates. Almost *EVERY* aspect of his life changed while he was gone, and none in a subtle manner at all. He kinda had to walk around with a "Sure, why the hell not" attitude for the first few months while he was getting re-acclimated. He's not outright "suspicious", though, for that same reason: he doesn't know these people at all, and he knows it. Kinda hard to make judgements about people that you don't know.[/spoiler]

Everyone: A switch flips in your character's head and they decide they're going to be the exact same person as before, but they're switching sides. Which city/guild do they end up in, and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Haven
  • Everyone: If you could combine any three class skills and make your own class, what would you pick and why?

Raeche
  • Rivas said:

Everyone: A switch flips in your character's head and they decide they're going to be the exact same person as before, but they're switching sides. Which city/guild do they end up in, and why?

[spoiler]Xavin pretty much did this once already, but if it were to happen again, I think Xavin would go to Spinesreach and, most likely, join the Cabal. In his mind, Bloodloch is likely never going to be an option for him again and he most likely wouldn't ever get embraced as a vampire or go undead, so the bulk of Bloodloch-related orgs are out as well. The cabal would let him keep being a scholar and he's heard decent things about Spinesreach lately, even if that city does seem a bit sketchy to him.[/spoiler]

Damonicus said:
    Everyone: If you could combine any three class skills and make your own class, what would you pick and why?
    [spoiler]dhuriv, mentis, hematurgy. Why? I think the better question is -why not-.[/spoiler]

• Everyone: A switch flips in your character's head and they decide they're going to be the exact same person as before, but they're switching sides. Which city/guild do they end up in, and why?

[spoiler]Konn has done this already, but should it happen again, he would most likely go to the Atabahi and join reluctantly join Spinesreach.[/spoiler]

Rivas said:
    [spoiler]Spinesreach, Atabahi. I think this guild will cater to Kiyotan's savage nature. Syssin would have been a close second, Prae a distant third. I don't think Kiyotan quite has the imagination for Cabalists or cruelty for Indorani, and he's distanced himself too much from knighthood to consider Carnifex. I don't think Kiyo would be a good fit in the BB but I can't articulate why, and he's too distrusting of the conventional idea of magic to be a Sciomancer. Doesn't like guilds tied to specific deities, so Teradrim is out. Yeah. Atabahi is a good fit.[/spoiler]

Damonicus said:
    Everyone: If you could combine any three class skills and make your own class, what would you pick and why?
    [spoiler]Dhuriv, Illumination, and Subterfuge, entirely for RP reasons. Kiyotan is a sneaky pyro, and I love the concept of the dhurive.[/spoiler]
  • edited December 2012
    Oh to answer my own question:

[spoiler] Lycanthropy, Subterfuge, Woodlore ...why Shadow wolf that can summon other animals and traps [/spoiler]

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.

Rivas said:

Damonicus said:

a  - [spoiler]Teradrim, Bloodloch. Dain is a total zealot. If he switched sides, he'd be ramming undeath down the throats of anyone, so hard. And since the Teradrim are THE undead, given their ties to Ivoln, it makes the most sense.[/spoiler]

b - [spoiler]Lycanthropy, Illumination, Animation. Firewolf with his Alfred-style loyal.[/spoiler]
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited December 2012
    Rivas said:

[spoiler]Most likely the Ascendril, Sentaari or Luminaries. It seems probable that Alexina would not join a guild at first; she has not fit in very well in a guild at all since the Paladins/Sentaari. As for city? No idea.[/spoiler]

Damonicus said:
    [spoiler]Subterfuge, mentis, and howling. The idea of using voids, doublestab, doublewhisper, and howls appeals to me (possibly hypnosis instead of howls). I would rather have Subterfuge because of bows/phase than another double-venom class (carnifex, sentinels, or templars).[/spoiler]
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Haven said:
    Lin: The Drekiethi (however they're spelt) empire has appointed you their new Empress. What's the first thing that you do?
    [spoiler]Goodness. I think she was actually pretty fond of the Nazedha, but the Dreikathi is a different culture altogether.

First and foremost, she thinks the whole warmongering thing would need to be turned down a notch - but not so much that their reputation is hurt, and the other city-states think they can walk all over the Empire. She would spearhead an effort to build a base of operations in Scidve, chosen because of its relative distance from all four civilizations.

After an undoubtedly shaky period of conflict wherein the Linmont secures their own stake in Sapience, ideally there will be a point when the Empire proves it only wants to harvest ylem and live on the land the way everyone else does. If the other cities don't agree? Well, we can always drop more bombs.[/spoiler]
    Kiyotan said:
    @Lin: What would it take to cause you to bring Lin back to Duiran? A major meltdown? A heartbreaking catastrophe? A sneeze?
    [spoiler]The circumstances around her leaving were quite strange and entirely a psychological ordeal. Her little northern getaway has done wonders to sew up the holes in her brain, so if her friends asked her back (and she didn't have a job and the beginnings of a new life in Spines), she'd consider it.[/spoiler]

I just woke up and I'm not feeling my best, so I'll think up some questions in a lil' bit.
  • Rivas said:

[spoiler]Hmm...most likely the Sciomancers as she's an Ascendril now. But I could also see her in the Cabalists.[/spoiler]

Damonicus said:
    [spoiler]Elemancy, Earth, and whatever the Sciomancer one is (I don't know and I can't find it). Why? To control ALL the elements! That would be awesome to rp. [/spoiler]
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Rivas said:
    [spoiler] The Carnifex. Alistaire is 110% a Knight. It is all he is, could be and every will be. Probably Bloodloch, because FOR THE LIGHT and being mwahahaha evil Bloodlochian are a lot closer than one would think. [/spoiler]