Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• It would be absolutely lovely if successfully dodging an attack prevented any accompanying afflictions from sticking, as well. Ablaze and freezing from Spellshapers, and blackout from villagers, just as examples.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Alexina
  • I would like if you could differentiate between your own attacks and other peoples attacks with a different colours. I know it would be pretty easy to write a script but.. meh. We're allowed to dream here right?

Politics
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Gwenith said:

I would like if you could differentiate between your own attacks and other peoples attacks with a different colours. I know it would be pretty easy to write a script but.. meh. We're allowed to dream here right?

Definitely check out GMCP CombatMessages. They're not something many people have experimented with, and we frankly have a ways to go on the conversion side of things, but the end goal is to give you really simple flexibility with things like this. Something like 5 lines of code could do what you're asking for.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Oleis - I use the CombatMessages. I had thought I wouldn't like them when I first heard what they did, but in reality they're really pretty handy and simplify things a lot.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Oleis
    Ishin said:

@Oleis - I use the CombatMessages. I had thought I wouldn't like them when I first heard what they did, but in reality they're really pretty handy and simplify things a lot.

Yep! For most clients, the GMCP is getting parsed no matter what. Might as well shut off the full message and choose how to display it with your scripting vs. trying to capture, gag, modify, replace, etc. Glad you like!
    [---]
    Ishin
  • I have to learn to gMCP? :(

Politics
  • GMCP isn't that difficult. Its hard to learn but its fairly simple. I rather enjoy using it when I need to check something :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• There's nothing to learn with GMCP really. The only thing difference between it and any other line you receive is that it's difficult and impractical to try to base an act off when you receive GMCP information - should only use GMCP to gather info, and pull info from that collection when you want it.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Here's another idea. I like the idea of the cloaking gem artifact hiding you on QWHO, but if you have the gem yourself, that (like 2 people having hood) should bypass the cloaking mechanic and thusly you would be able to see all gem-cloaked members on QWHO.

Just a thought.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Alexina
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Zsadist: Nooooooooooooooooooooo9oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That effect devalues the artifact with each purchase. The day everyone buys a hood artifact (lol yeah right) is the day the artifact ceases to be useful at all. That artifact really needs changing or more preferably die.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    FaerahMephistolesTeani
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Especially given how common the gem of cloaking can be. I have two or three on assorted alts that I got via giftbags or lotteries or whatever else.
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I would love it if the hood/elusion had its own key word that would toggle it on or off, that way I can wear it and still see other people with it, but not be hidden myself.
    ErzsebetIshinKerryn
  • I second that.

It's very very rare that I want to be hidden. I mostly bought the hood to find hidden people.
    ArekaErzsebet
  • Trigger: You are now wearing a veiled hood of elusion.

send("remove hood")
    disableTrigger("Hoodie")

On all farsee/scry/whatever aliases, I do this:
    sendAll("wear hood", "farsee "..matches[2])
    enableTrigger("Hoodie")
    if hoodTrigKillTimer then killTimer(hoodTrigKillTimer) end
    hoodTrigKillTimer = tempTimer(.5, [[killTrigger("Hoodie")]])

Manually put the hood on for group fights etc. and remove afterwards, this trigger won't bother manual wearing.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Areka is here, furiously whipping her cloak on and off as she squints into the air, mumbling beneath her breath.
    IosyneEmelleTeaniTragerAshmer
  • Areka said:

Areka is here, furiously whipping her cloak on and off as she squints into the air, mumbling beneath her breath.

I get yelled at to shroud, during RP events. LOOK MA I GOT A HOOD I'M GONNA WEAR EVERY 2-4 SECONDS.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• When sipping frost it gives us the Temperance defence.

You have gained the temperance defence.

When in Daru. If we track skills upkeep from GMCP the 'temperance' skill interfers with

Usage: EVOKE TEMPERANCE
    Using the strength of your Inner Spark, you temper your body against
    physical damage.

MY question is, Can we change one of the names? So when upkeeping them on defenses neither of them interfer? Granted the evoke one doesnt have a You have gained x defence but when tracking from gmcp, it tracks as temperance too.

@Oleis or @Razmael‌
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ashmer
  • Can the auto-stand toggle in FirstAid be tweaked to account for Kipup? Would actually make bashing viable on mobile, which would be greatly appreciated.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Any chance we can get a way to view the PREVIOUS quota's contributions? Because of how turnins work - the new quota immediately becomes active - it's impossible to see who did what unless you're the one doing the turnin. It would be nice to be able to reward people for quota stuff, but it's a real headache with the current contributions display.
    HavenArekaDemarcus
  • Mists are a bitch to reward, man. I'm with some of the other leaders who've stated that the system rewards itself via tokens and gold.
    Yeah, I don't give rewards because ugh. But if we could just do something like QUOTA LAST and it showed the tallies for the previous quota's turnins, it'd be a lot easier.
  • Make lit hookahs last so much longer! AT the moment its only a couple of minutes, should be at least 20 minutes.

Politics
    Emelle
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    It would be nice to be able to see your designs still after you give up a craft. I'd have loved to renew some of them, and then share them with people who could make them. I can see them expire, but can't see which ones did.

Why would you ever give up a craft??!?!?! :'(:cold_sweat:
    Infin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I gave up forging for reanimation
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Moirean said:

Why would you ever give up a craft??!?!?! :'(:cold_sweat:

When you've switched classes/sides enough, it happens. It's not a favorite choice, but priorities and such.

Infin
    For the spar breakdown in COMBAT STATUS show what class each person was in.

Add in a SECT STATUS for sect arena duels.
    AshmerIshin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Could we have weapons like Luminary's mace and Indorani dagger actually be referred to in II and IH as "bonedagger" or "spiritmace," to differentiate them from "dagger" and "mace?" I'm asking this considering the very very specific uses these two weapons have.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MoireanIshin
    Ashmer said:

Could we have weapons like Luminary's mace and Indorani dagger actually be referred to in II and IH as "bonedagger" or "spiritmace," to differentiate them from "dagger" and "mace?" I'm asking this considering the very very specific uses these two weapons have.

Tentatively changed the template to do this. The latter may cause some weird messages (but bonedagger is appropriate either way). We'll just have to keep an eye on it.
    [---]
    AshmerDaskalos
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Oleis said:

Ashmer said:

Tentatively changed the template to do this. The latter may cause some weird messages (but bonedagger is appropriate either way). We'll just have to keep an eye on it.

clicklikeclicklikeclicklikeclicklike

I'll keep an eye on it.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine