Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I liked your post for the mental imagery, but this would have frustrating combat implications. You wouldn't know that someone flew for tentacling them back and you'd be like where did that icewall go? OH WAS THAT JENSEN SPEWING FIRE?

HOWEVER, if endgame skills go generic combatmessages, then it would totally open the door for secondary customized flavor ones!!!
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    that's why I did (Ability): line, though I supposed you'd need to do (NAME) (ABILITY) (DIRECTION)
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You'd use the Combat shorts, of course. It'd be like

Jensen uses Racial(Breathe Fire)
    Jensen takes a swig from a fat jug of hooch, then spews out a breathe of fire.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JensenErzsebetMoirean
    Ishin uses Racial (Breathe Fire)
    With Rage in his eyes, Ishin booms, "Come at me bro!" before belching fire.
    AarbrokIshin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited July 2014
    Can we please remove the commas from the numbers in our scores again? It's looking so wonky.

EDIT:
    Or maybe make it config'able?
    Erzsebet
    I *knew* something had changed.
  • Gwenith uses Racial (Breath Fire) Gwenith shouts defamatory slander against your race so imflamatory in nature you burst into fire with rage.

Politics
    SerriceAuresae
  • Setne said:

Angwe said:

How to justify Angwe flying...?

Heavy farting.
    Haven
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    plox no more commas in big numbers it's harshing me out.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited July 2014
    I asked him to make it a config when I saw he released it. It shouldn't take too long for that to be the case.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Thanks! Whew. I don't know why it was giving me a panic attack.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited July 2014
    I always forget I breathe fire and ice.. I reaaaaally wanna have the venom burp thing
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Could we get...all of the varying artifact scrolls referenced at the bottom of HELP ARTIFACTS?

HELP ARTIFACTS_OFFENSIVE
    HELP ARTIFACTS_MISC
    HELP ARTIFACTS_DEFENSIVE
    HELP ARTIFACTS_PROPERTIES
    HELP ARTIFACTS_HUNTING
    HELP ARTIFACTS_STATS
    HELP CRAFTING ARTIFACTS
    HELP COIN ARTIFACTS
    HELP ARTIFACTS POWERS
    HELP ARTIFACTS CLASS

...apparently only some of them are word-swappable, too, and crafting is the only alternative that shows up when you do HELP ARTIFACTS

Also...

H:7483 M:6448 E:110% W:100% B:100% XP:7% [eb]help artifact
    No match found for "artifact", trying a search...
    Search results for "artifact":
    1) File: defensive_artifacts
    Title: DEFENSIVE ARTIFACTS
    Wooden Ring of Vigour: (500cr) ARTIFACT Property
    - heal_bonus - Will increase the amount of health that is restored
    when you use a health ...

H:7483 M:6448 E:110% W:100% B:100% XP:7% [eb]help defensive_artifacts
    No match found for "defensive_artifacts", trying a search...
    Search results for "defensive_artifacts":
    No matches found.

Either switch this to show up the other way, which does work, or make both work?
    imageimage
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    So idk how practical this is, but instead of like:

emote (Before my name) after my name

can we do

emote Before my name $me/$Serrice/$self after my name

Putting in the ( )'s is kinda annoying and I feel like the other token would just be easier to do.

• Use ^ like poses do?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• If implemented, please allow both, so those of us who have it seared into our muscle memory don't have to relearn it.
    ErzsebetPiperTeani
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I've been cheating on Aetolia lately and my muscle memory's been shot to hell T_T

• I admittedly gave Imperian the briefest of tries and had to write up a few aliases to copy the syntax from Aetolia just because I couldn't stand the change. Emotes in Aetolia > those in other games, clearly.

OmeiTeaniPeriluna
  • Every once in a while I get a little silly and think about giving Lusternia another try, and then I go like 3 hours without seeing anybody emote.

I don't even remember how to use the say command anymore. :(

emote says, "Hello."
    PiperEmelle
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    When I played Lusternia, I used to do what Aliod calls fishing. And I'd sit at the Megalith and just. Throw emotes at everyone who walked in. In the hopes that SOMEONE would RP back. And he was teasing me about it oocly, and then someone totally emoted back. And we roleplayed for a while. And Aliod was like. WAT. THAT NEVER WORKS.

And I was vindicated--until about an hour later when I found out it was just another bored Aetolian. >.>
    imageimage
    IosynePiperEmellePeriluna
  • So, here's a fairly good idea (especially for all us folk who aren't in the final favor ranks). Beside our CR/GR ranks, put in a percentage til the next rank. Considering that each person/rank/position gives a different value to the ranking system, its really hard to tell when you will go up to the next rank.

So it could look something like this:

+ ORGANIZATIONS ------------+ RANK ------------------------------------------+
    | City: Bloodloch | Scourge of Malevolence (CR 4) (85%) |
    | Guild: Bloodborn | A Holder of the Tablet (GR 10) (40%) |

Having something like this would help a large amount of us know, "Hey, we're almost to next rank!" or "Damn, I have alot of work to do."
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

IshinInfin
    edited July 2014
    And give us more city ranks.
    Moirean said:

Let CL decide where city privs go, akin to how guilds distribute privs. This would let cities create different governmental styles, without much work required from the admin - eg Spinesreach could have a lot more of the powers lower down, because REPUBLIC! while BL could stack a lot of the powers at the top for their elite.

---------------------------------

Group messages: GMSG <group> <message> - lets you send a message to an entire group at once. Eg GMSG CARNIFEX GO HUG YOUR HOUNDS or GMSG REDTAPE YO, CHECK FOR MONOLITHS. This would be a priv only certain members could access (eg investable by guild, only available to the CL, whatev) and you would have to BE a member of said group to message them (cuz, trolls).

----------------------------------

A "government" group. CL, council, ministers and aides would be considered members of this group, which could then be interacted with via price policies, messages, etc.

----------------------------

New channel: CGT - city government channel. CL, council, ministers and aides could all access this channel.

---------------------------------

Bump the number of cityranks up. The game has been around for a really long time now, and old loyal citizens have been kinda festering at those top ranks with nowhere to go for years. It'd be nice if there were some more ranks we could use to favor people through, and maybe toss some more powers to those ranks. These ranks would see diminishing returns on favors, akin to how it takes a lot more favors to get from CR 5 to CR 6, so getting to CR 10 would take a TON of work and favor, potentially RL years. Some potential powers for each rank (kinda just made up with existing commands for minimal coding, but you could get a lot more creative and add in fancier things):

CR 7: Access to REVLOG and CITY ECONSTATUS

CR 8: Grants an extra use of the religion tree skill divinity each year.

CR 9: Membership in the "group" government. Access to CGT.

CR 10: The ability to SUPPORT a leader of the council. Yes, potentially controversial, but someone who's earned this rank should essentially be valued so much in the city they are equivalent to being a council member. Also, gives an interesting level of politics and a check to derpy councils. May have to do some math to balance out how citizen votes vs council votes for CL go, but I love the concept of truly dedicated/loyal citizens being able to have a voice in that.
    ZsadistAarbrokWinterlynn
  • Why would you want more city ranks? It takes long enough to get to CR6.... how many would you want?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Erzsebet
    It really does not take that long, compared to character lifespans. This game has been open TEN YEARS. There are LOTS of people who are sitting at CR 6 and have been for quite some time.
    Omei
  • I like the SUPPORT idea of yours for CR 10.

Yeah, lots of people are sitting at CR6, but some of those people got a city position, which is pretty a CR6 give-away. I would venture to guess that a good chunk of those CR6 people got it via favor give-aways. Also, this game isn't as active as it us to be 3 years ago when I first played, so its still hard to get to CR6 unless you win city position.

However, maybe its just cause I don't get favored alot that it seems like a long time, thus the percentage idea.

BL might be less generous with favors than other cities - which makes sense, given their RP as elitist and stuff. In Spinesreach, we give them out a lot. CFs are a useful way to help recognize and thank work, especially if you aren't credit-rich, but they are useless once people hit CR 6.
  • Someday I'll be CR six.

Someday!
    it took like 200 years to get cr6 in Duiran, I had to be a Bena twice plus tons of ministry positions. I got cr6 in Spinesreach in like 5 irl months maybe?
    Ishin
  • I got CR 6 only a few months after joining Duiran. Maybe I was just being super visible. It also didn't seem to take too long to get CR 6 in Bloodloch, granted I was trying to be involved in city stuff at that point in time as well.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I got CR6 in Duiran after becoming Benandanti and doing a bunch of work, I have held numerous positions during my couple times in Spinesreach and even led the City once and never have been CR6...so I don't think it holds really any factor except who notices you and who is running the joint when you are to be noticed.
    HavenPeriluna