Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Can it be made so that INCALL doesn't work on tarot cards? Right now, putting hermit/death in your cache breaks them, and it's annoying to go to put plants away and accidentally maim myself.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Support idea # 3896! When items are in a chest, they should show what they are (if they have things in them, like vials, or enchantments on them).

AshmerSarita
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Is there any chance honors could be spiced up and made cleaner? Like, especially, toss clans onto the bottom and/or condense them because they're spaaaammy. Here's a suggested readout:

*** = New fields to maybe include!

Moirean Seirath
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General:
    She is 247 years old.
    She was born on the 20th of Ios, year 175 of the Midnight Age.
    She is considered to be approximately equal to your might.
    She has undergone the Rite of Unity with Ser Toz the Hammer.
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    She has written a personal background.
    *** She is a publicly listed crafter.
    ---> Since we HAVE crafter listings, they just aren't used very often. Also, please don't make being in the listings clear on logout /tangent
    *** She is the owner of the Lovers' Fling brothel in Delos.
    *** She is the self-proclaimed Queen of the Imps.
    ---> It would be really cool if there was a way to earn via quests or gold certain honors that aren't really event-based but more of a general "this is a big facet of this person's identity". Limit it to 3-5 honors, have it require customization approval and be gold/time intensive to get. It'd be a nifty way for people to kinda "hear gossip" about another character.

Associations:
    She is a Princeps in Spinesreach.
    She is the Chair of the Secretariat of Spinesreach.
    She is Commander of the Shadow Keep in the Carnifex.
    *** She is the Guildmaster OF THE CARNIFEX, known as Commander of the Shadow Keep.
    ---> Currently it doesn't actually say what guild you are GM of. -_-
    She is a representative of the Divine Order of Iosyne, the Malevolent.
    She is the General in the Divine Order of Iosyne, the Malevolent.
    *** She holds ties to .
    ---> Racial factions/areas we can publicly declare ties to (would also tidy up the whole "I defend this area" stuff)

Martial Record:
    She is a Phalangite in the army of Spinesreach.
    She is a member of the Resistance against Drakkenmont.
    She has been ranked #1 in the combat rankings.
    *** She's a newblet in the Sect of Blades.
    ---> Sect rank/titles, could maybe be something you can earn/trade in points for
    *** She is known in Delos as a fledgling arena champion.
    ---> Delos rankings? How many Delos events have you won, etc
    *** She currently holds 3rd place in the realm's kills.
    ---> If we're going to have killstats, may as well embrace it, I guess.

Rankings:
    She is ranked 3rd in Aetolia.
    She is a Worldwalker in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    *** She is ranked #1 in exploration.
    ---> Numerical explorer ranking, since everyone and their mom is a worldwalker nowadays.
    She is a High Bard in the Bardic Fellowship.
    She is a Painter in the Artisanal Fellowship.

Fame:
    She's done stuffs.

Clans:
    She is the leader of 10 clans.
    She is a member of 15 clans.
    To view her clan holdings and membership, use CLANHONORS MOIREAN.

• (there're only like 15 worldwakers)

But I really like some of these.

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I'd love the ability to hide -some- of my clans but not all from honors. I have waaaay to many. Twenty three to be exact.

ArekaIshinStathan
    Clans that are set to private don't show in honors, but it also hides their membership on CLANHELP.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Moirean said:

Clans that are set to private don't show in honors, but it also hides their membership on CLANHELP.

They aren't my clans. So it'd be rude of me to ask the owner to hide the clan just because of my ocd about it in honors.

Fair enough. Clans are super spammy, and being right at the top before the cool stuff makes it even worse.
    KerrynJensen
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I think it'd be awesome if all defenses associated with a drain currently active in DEF were highlighted somehow.

Sometimes we forget what's draining us and it'd be nice to be able to catch it at a glance of our DEF list and what have you.

Example:

You are concentrating on maintaining distance from the dreamworld. (mana)
    You are diverting all attacks. (willpower)
    You are dodging all attacks. (endurance)
    You are protected by 3 defences.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DaskalosTeaniErzsebetAngweIshinStathanPiper
    edited June 2014
    Since we're not allowed to use the Market for spars or duels anymore, can we add a broadcast to the SPAR ADD/REMOVE/WHO functions? Something to publicly remind people like SECT CHALLENGE.
    havenbanner2
    Stathan
  • Wait, you're not allowed to ask for them on market? Because peeps be all the time doing that.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic

Crafters currently available in Forging
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Venom
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Enchantment
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Concoctions
    Squire Mael
    Warden Sired, Arozaria Vo'karis
    Ember Torce
    Magrath, Disciple of the Heartwood
    For more detailed information on a particular crafter type: CRAFTER STATUS
    Crafters currently available in Reanimation
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Tailoring
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Jewelcraft
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Cooking
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Brewing
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Woodcraft
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Tattoos
    Squire Mael
    Warden Sired, Arozaria Vo'karis
    Ember Torce
    Magrath, Disciple of the Heartwood
    For more detailed information on a particular crafter type: CRAFTER STATUS
    Crafters currently available in Toxicology
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Conjuration
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Floristry
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Fletching
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Furniture
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Luthier
    None.
    Crafters currently available in Ventier
    None.

Spoiler'd because it's a bit long, but. The above lists those who are making use of the crafter list functions. I suspect, that if it didn't clear on logout, it'd be used a lot more. I think it should be made to either not clear, where you choose to join and are then-on on them till you choose to leave them, or have it default everyone with craft/mercantile/crafts to being on it, with the option of choosing to leave. 'cause as it is now, it's kinda useless (though awesome in concept) because no one uses it consistently, so it's not at all a good place to look if you need help with something.

imageimage
    SampAreka
    Also! Can we remove the cooldown on entering the Hunting Grounds for cities? Instead implement a temporary boon called 'Blood_Price" or Butcher's Bill or something that lasts 5-10 minutes and is refreshed whenever you kill a player inside the Hunting Grounds. It should clear upon exiting the HG regardless of the duration left.

The boon would allow you to bypass the exit delay. In addition to the exit delay bypass, if you have more than two player kills on your belt during its duration it will also allow you to bypass the kill all targets restriction. This change would allow the items to enter circulation more frequently.
    havenbanner2
    Rashar said:

Wait, you're not allowed to ask for them on market? Because peeps be all the time doing that.

My memory derped. It was something else I got reprimanded for. It'd still be a nice feature to have!

havenbanner2
  • Haven said:

Also! Can we remove the cooldown on entering the Hunting Grounds for cities? Instead implement a temporary boon called 'Blood_Price" or Butcher's Bill or something that lasts 5-10 minutes and is refreshed whenever you kill a player inside the Hunting Grounds. It should clear upon exiting the HG regardless of the duration left.

The boon would allow you to bypass the exit delay. In addition to the exit delay bypass, if you have more than two player kills on your belt during its duration it will also allow you to bypass the kill all targets restriction. This change would allow the items to enter circulation more frequently.

So all your family and your aunty can wait at the cairn and who ever kills your City mate cant leave because 1 after another people go in.. Can we not get griefing in the HG and leave the entering how it is? lol
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Nalor said:

Haven said:

So all your family and your aunty can wait at the cairn and who ever kills your City mate cant leave because 1 after another people go in.. Can we not get griefing in the HG and leave the entering how it is? lol
    That's why I said after 2 kills, allow you to bypass the kill all person in the area restriction. People coming in one after the other can already be done now via city alliance.

If that's still objectionable then can we reduce the cooldown to something more mangeable? Like 5-10 minutes?
    havenbanner2
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You're just mad you died eight seconds after you jumped into the Fracture after diving the HG for a pair of arties.

edited June 2014
    Serrice said:

You're just mad you died eight seconds after you jumped into the Fracture after diving the HG for a pair of arties.

>:[ Eld Swarm OP!

I don't want to wait 2 hours just to farm ylem or bait PK!
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I just wish the Eld Swarm gave ylem to the city...

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I need an internet smiley face class from Haven. He has the most complex little thing faces. (-p:(*> I can't believe you didn't know that was a six inch triple decker burger!
    Rashar said:

I need an internet smiley face class from Haven. He has the most complex little thing faces. (-p:(*> I can't believe you didn't know that was a six inch triple decker burger!

I instantly knew what it was when I saw the special sauce.
    havenbanner2
    Alice
  • @Oleis unsure if this is a bug or annoying... But can it be made so we cant do like 'enemy 1232' and it ends up enemying someone random? Like make enemy only work for names and not people.. :/

enemy 1232
    Atsriel is now one of your enemies.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    that's traditionally how people find fun new chameleon names.

IshinPerilunaPiper
  • Late to the game on the key conversation, but I think it would be awesome if we could have keys made for containers that they made sense for, eg chests boxes etc. Some quest items in the game have this functionality, so there must be some sort of handling for it. Dunno how we could do the key making process, though. Maybe you take the item with you to your local locksmith and they make the first key and then attune the item to you so nobody else can try to do so later and thwart your security.
    Rawr
    Alice
    You can do that currently by buying a lock from a locksmith and attaching it to the item. It's just somewhat buggy (see my remark about the invisible lock on the floor of my office).
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Moirean intentionally broke it to hide Spines emergency alcohol reserves, because she knows that there'd always be an emergency if it wasn't broken.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinMoireanAlice
  • :o I had no idea! <3 Time to start locking stuff up!
    Rawr
  • @Oleis With the new tethering thing in place, it means you have to join a City to change your tether.. Can this be changed to be guild or city? As some cities wont accept you unless your in an allied org.. So takes a 1 ooc day or more to join the org then 3/5 days to join the City so around a week without being able to do anything, as you will be classless... All to switch your tether to be able to use the new guild skills which you just joined..

As my understanding with this new tether.. a Carnifex who quits spinesreach joined the Luminary guild and didnt join a city he/she can still use his carnifex skills in luminary? Or, am I wrong in that?
    Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited June 2014
    You can't use conflicting tethered professions. Not sure how it mechanically works now since your class remains trans'd but unusable. You can have light/neutral shadow/neutral, but not light/shadow available to you. Not sure if that helps.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited June 2014
    At moment if your apart of spines/loch your apart of shadow tether, if you quit them to go luminary (but dont join a city eno/dui) your tether IS still SHADOW ... Only way to change your tether is to join a City aligned with the spirit (lifer) side.. otherwise til then, Yes im pretty certain you can still use your shadow tether skills as joining a guild doesn't change your tether.. @Jensen .. Which is why im asking when joining a guild can it change the tether instead of joining a city.. or have both..

When I joined indorani I had to join spinesreach before I could use the skills because I was still tethered to the spirit side.. and some hobo jumped me while being classless (because I gave up my lifer class and couldn't learn or use indorani skills) while joining spinesreach...