Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    sharpens his scythe

Pop quiz! What's Haven's cutting audit right now?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Abuse! D:
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Ashmer said:

sharpens his scythe

Pop quiz! What's Haven's cutting audit right now?

Erm.. *shuffle*.. Uh.. *raises hand*..

"Not enough?"
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Haven said:

Can we get an artifact or sigil that keeps armor on you? Like how fist sigils keep weapons in your grip, I'd like something to keep people from removing my armor!

Next liaison round I'll put one in that has fist sigils do just that.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    You remove a suit of scalemail.
    wear scalemail

You wear a suit of scalemail.

Not rocket science.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Xavin said:

Haven said:

Can we get an artifact or sigil that keeps armor on you? Like how fist sigils keep weapons in your grip, I'd like something to keep people from removing my armor!

Next liaison round I'll put one in that has fist sigils do just that.

I know we've asked before but I'd just like to repeat the question. Can we also put in a limb_view for limb classes? Something like:

shield crush Toz head torso
    [100] [98] E94 W92 B100 S100 Dev83 Spark96 <<XP 57%>> [csdb eb] 17:34.583 -
    With careful aim you smash your mace into Toz's head.
    You connect to the head for 14.99% damage!
    You swiftly follow up by slamming a tower shield into his torso.
    You connect to the torso for 14.99% damage!
    Balance Used: 3.48 seconds
    [100] [98] E93 W92 B100 S100 Dev83 Spark96 <<XP 57%>> [csdb e-] 17:34.658 -
    havenbanner2
  • That's not a small idea, that's a fairly significant change. It was proposed last round (report 1504) and rejected.

• Idea for Haven Points, not sure if it's been put out there yet.

Spend 1 or 2 or hell, even 3 points to gain the ability to return directly to that room. I guess the code would have to be modified and I have no idea how hard or easy that would be, but I imagine it like this.

Rooms are already numbered, right?

Maybe I want to have a discussion with Xavin about those purity necklaces?

return to haven 3, my awesome enchanting chamber!

return to haven 15 takes me to my sweet gigantic hot tub, for when I want to bring all the ladies at the same time.

return to haven 4 takes me to my requisite creepy dungeon of love, where I deal out all my evil gifts.

return to haven 6 takes me directly to my awesome Chuck-E-Cheese plastic ball pool, for when a kid just wants to be a kid.

I know I have a decently sized haven, 20+ rooms, and there are a lot of places I might bring someone, but I don't necessarily want to take them through the entire castle, so to speak.

ArekaHavenAarbrok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Don't impact sigils stop you from being forced to remove?
  • Moirean said:

No, they prevent destruction via mushroom sigil, though. They were introduced specifically to prevent the forced destruction of paladin/infernal fullplate.

Haven
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Xavin said:

Moirean said:

No, they prevent destruction via mushroom sigil, though. They were introduced specifically to prevent the forced destruction of paladin/infernal fullplate.
    I never considered doing that....

• Ishin said:

I would say, 'Come join the Syssin, we only have like 2-3 during the busy times.' but you and I would end up trying to kill each other within the week lol. <3</p>

Quite likely, but that would be another story and would likely cause an uprising in your precious Syssin. :P Besides, I like where I'm at in the Bloodborn :D

Also, my idea... not sure if there is already an artifact out like this, but a portable artifact that can be dropped to make the room into an indoors room, that is only able to be picked up by the owner of said artifact?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    Since corpus masquerade is mostly (entirely) a roleplaying skill, I would like to suggest that vampire-race players keep it. Being a non-vampire class vampire is pretty nerf-ful and while I can understand it staying that way to some extent, keeping a flavor skill or two beyond feed would be nice. Being able to still turn into a wolf or bat would be cool too.
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
    I'm pretty sure they were implemented because I bitched a ton after I got forced to shroom a bunch of gear when I was afk. I was just wondering if they had a secondary effect of stopping removal.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I'd love to be able to describe and look at doors. Since the Flagon rents rooms, it'd be really nice if each door could have it's own room number/name on it. Instead of working it into the room description, which isn't hard mind you. But.. occasionally.. I have the idea to describe this really interesting or ominous door to help build character for that particular room.

This could also be expanded to opening/closing doors too.
    You open a heavy wrought iron door to the east.

DamonicusMoireanErzsebet
    Is there a way that we could change it so that when I go into my profile and say, I'm like 'I wonder what I got flagged for 5 times for abuse.', I could click on that, and it would pull up my posts that I got flagged for that on? Same with the rest, of course.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Zsadist
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Unfortunately, my answer for anything VanillaForums is "that would be nice."
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    OmeiIosyneAshmer
    :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Doors and non-boring keys!
    imageimage
    ArekaPeriluna
  • Erzsebet said:

Doors and non-boring keys!

Can you clarify on this?

i am rapture coder
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Haven says, "No. Wait. Don't."

You walk west.

You close a heavy, blood-stained iron door to the east.

You lock a heavy, blood-stained iron door to the east with a delicate, spiral-etched key.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

ArekaKerrynErzsebetTeaniPerilunaStathan
  • Hmm, I kinda like that!

i am rapture coder
  • Yeah. Because sometimes you want something that isn't a simple oak door.
    I asked Haern about doors a while ago. Apparently there's code for different ones but it's super old and nobody knows how it works.
  • We can only do ten varieties of doors, although the variety is okay (stone, wood, mithril, etc.). That's hardcoded and probably won't change. I think I might look into fancier keys, though they won't display when you unlock things. Still, should help differentiate which keys go where in your inventory!

i am rapture coder
    Omei said:

We can only do ten varieties of doors, although the variety is okay (stone, wood, mithril, etc.). That's hardcoded and probably won't change. I think I might look into fancier keys, though they won't display when you unlock things. Still, should help differentiate which keys go where in your inventory!

What's the chances we could be able to describe/look at the doors, even if we can't change the varieties?

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    To where you could go look door east and see like 'This door is '? That'd be neat. And yeeess. Fancy keys. Along with a way maybe to change existant keys to be fancykeys.
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:

To where you could go look door east and see like 'This door is '? That'd be neat. And yeeess. Fancy keys. Along with a way maybe to change existant keys to be fancykeys.

Yes, exactly. You could set a examined desc for the door.

• I'm looking into a way to prettify doors. To appreciate what it's like to work around the limitations of Rapture, you should know that any solution I come up with will be the programming equivalent of painting over a cardboard box and labeling it "DOOR". I'll see what's doable!

But I've already decided I want to do keys, so you can look forward to that Soon™.

i am rapture coder
    Samp
    Ashmer said:

Haven says, "No. Wait. Don't."

You walk west.

You close a heavy, blood-stained iron door to the east.

You lock a heavy, blood-stained iron door to the east with a delicate, spiral-etched key.

You can't contain me, Summoner!

havenbanner2
    OmeiEzalorIshinRiluoBraeTeaniAishia