Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Nalor said:

@Oleis or @Razmael‌ Can the Sect Rapier which takes people into the sect arena be made to ONLY be used on them within the SECT??? Kind of stupid it can force people who dont want to do the whole sect thing to USE IT... :/

I agree with this. Just got pulled into the Sect Arena (for the very first time) via this Rapier. I am not a Sect Member, nor choose to be any point in time soon, as my combat is something to be greatly desired. Do not get me wrong, I am completely content with fighting any unicorn 1v1 and I'm fine with losing. However, 1) this Rapier should not be able to pull non-Sect members into the arena, 2) should not be useable in Lesser Battles with auras active, and 3) something I'd like to add on to this thread:

During leyline auras, you should not be able to pull anyone out of that area. To include: Convocate, Sect Rapier, Lusting, or any other long distance skill that can summon people. If a leyline is active, it should be treated as a whole new area.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Furtum
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Except it also removes the person using it, and they come back out in the same room they started from, making it easy to counterattack in a team situation. I haven't seen it actually really abused - @Daskalos just ran into a lesser group of eight to ten people and nabbed someone with it, and then died when he came back out. It was pretty funny, actually.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    It IS treated as a whole new area. Additionally, the rapier isn't connected to the Sect, and does not pull you into the Sect arena.

XavinDaskalos
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    Serrice said:

It IS treated as a whole new area. Additionally, the rapier isn't connected to the Sect, and does not pull you into the Sect arena.

Shh someone just told me its nothing to do with Sect, I always thought it was .. But point still stands you shouldn't be able to pull someone out of a lesser so easily like that..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited May 2014
    @Serrice, If its not attached to the Sect, than what is the Rapier connected to?

Also, this doesn't change the fact that certain skills shouldn't be able to bypass the leyline area.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Furtum
    Delos in general, I suppose, or whomever created the Rapier of the Master Duelist. The arena you get sucked to is the 'Challenger's Arena' or some such.

Your other sentiment I agree with wholeheartedly. Being yanked from a lesser to the crack and then lured into BL sucks.

AshmerIshin
  • As a note, if you're going to say people shouldn't be able to pull you out of a lesser area, they shouldn't be able to pull you in either. I.e. lust. (or Empress, as @moirean was so keen to point out to me).

And before the hate starts, I know it was a noob move to not check my allies, and I'm not bitching other than in a general, 'Damnit, I wish I wouldn't have sat there twiddling my thumbs thinking I was safe only to be pulled in and madwhacked in 2 seconds' sort of way.

Well, I am bitching. Because man, that was stupid. But, you know. Wah, wah, and all that.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    This thread is not for combat issues!
    OmeiXavinAshmerPeriluna
    Create some sort of syntax to let you know what your config options are present set at.

For example: CONFIG IGNOREOFFBALCURES -> Currently: ON

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Or maybe like uh...CONFIG LIST

Ignoreoffbalcures: ON
    Damage_change: OFF
    Balance_taken: ON
    First Aid: Off

etc
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    OleisJensenTeani
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Allow kills to be stored on the Aetolia site and viewable by players on a list similar to the old site that Khezar created a few back, which tallied all kills on an external site. http://aarwyn.50webs.com/extrastuff/aetoliaranks.html

It was fun for trying to out do yourself each year or two and to track who you killed etc. I made an idea for it also IG --->ideasupport 3889

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Infin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Rank Rating Name Kills Deaths KDR
    90. 1016 Aarbrok 38 81 0.47

For Every one I slay, I must die twice, this is my curse.
    I did not know this was a thing.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    There was the IRE Scoreboard that did this, but it got taken down at some point for a reason I don't know. Don't think it had a breakdown of stats like that site did.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I'm not even on the list. :(

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

Idea #3891
    2014/05/24 05:51:48: any chance the default stocks for certain crafting items can be increased? 50 is rather small and there are frequently issues where everything is sold out simply because one person bought stuff to stock up, especially now that there are templates and cacheable food comms.

This is probably one of my biggest little pet peeves in Aet. It's so frustrating setting up to do a big shop restock and finding out that one person bought out all the chocolates or mushrooms or chicken (and it's totally easy to do this, since the stocks are small and you want to fill up your cache!).
    Ishin
    I was wondering if in the HELP CURES file, we could get clumsiness and magic impaired changed a bit.

The way it's setup now is like this:

Kelp
    ------------
    baldness
    clumsiness
    magic impaired
    hypochondria
    etc

I was wondering if it could be changed to this:

Kelp
    -------------
    baldness
    clumsiness/magic impaired
    hypochondria
    etc

The reason being in the first example it looks as if you can stack the two, when in fact they're interchangeable. I think the second might be a little more indicative of that situation in particular.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanValingarHavenOmei
  • Sounds reasonable! I went ahead and changed that.

i am rapture coder
    MoireanIshin
  • @omei what about for them undead people? help cures reanimation? :P lol
  • Like I care about you undead!

(I fixed it.)

i am rapture coder
  • Can We get more instances? not bashing areas but instances as adding more bashing areas isn't going to fix the issue of no where to bash.. Its pointless having mint/chalice when no areas are free to bash or 3 people are also trying to bash :/
    MoireanTozDamonicus
  • edited May 2014
    Tiyen, Spire and maybe say a new volcano as instances.

Zsadist
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Is there any chance some more augmetic options can be added? Health and mana are obviously rather nice for PK, but for bashing they aren't needed if you have the right artifact/tankiness baseline. I am sitting here kinda scratching my head wondering what I'm going to get with my next point. Some ideas:

- 2-3 augment points for xp gain
    - A third point for crit rate
    - Vigor increase (doubles or triples the amount vigor heals)
    - Increased damage against mobs
    - Increased gold drop chance
    - Ylemsiphon (gives you a small chance to siphon ylem to your city with a mob you kill, would also let bashers help gather ylem! Or just make this into a new orb option. Or an artifact. I'm getting tangential)

Just some ideas off the top of my head. More options, in general, would be nice.

AishiaIshin
    Thanks, @Omei! Super cool :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Can we get major foci leylines active again? Have them on a timer just like lesser foci and you should be set. Would make great for more combat/rp chances. Just a thought, since I have no idea why they were stopped.

StathanInfin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I really like the new promo things--iterators and style scrolls both.

I just. Really wish there was a way to see what it would do for varying classes -before- you use it, so you can decide what selection best fits your character -before- making the choice and getting stuck with it, and without waiting for someone else to choose to take the risk with a specific scroll in a specific class AND make the choice to share that information.

With iterators, the problem was less pronounced, because there's not 10+ possible combinations for each one by class. You just waited like three days and someone or other would be able to tell you.
    imageimage
    Zsadist
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Imperian has a neat little feature when it comes to the pre-made emotes. You could list them like EMLIST RACE, EMLIST ORG, etc. That way if any pre-made emotes existed for that specific group, it would list only those. Would make it a lot easier than wading through the entire EMLIST and guessing as to whether or not one was race or org specific.
    ArekaTeaniAlice
  • @Oleis can it be possible for gmcp.Comm to capture Congregation?? and other channels it doesnt already?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited May 2014
    Of course. If you're aware of channels other than Congregation, feel free to message me or put them here. I'll add it to my board.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Riluo
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I mentioned Spectator in some other thread. It isn't captured in gmcp.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Oleis said:

Of course. If you're aware of channels other than Congregation, feel free to message me or put them here. I'll add it to my board.

I was told about that at 5am.. I told person to bug it also ..

I know this is kind of a combat thing but its not..

Can WINGS not work in enemy cities?

As IF you enter an enemy city it should only be one of two ways you leave.. you WALK OUT or you die.. Wings out is a pain in the ass considering it just causes more and more griefing .. if people only have them two ways of leaving then it would be much better and less raids.. well not less but less 1 people raiding.. And less people wondering around in phase and wingsing out as your about to eye..