Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Wings already don't work if you're less than 75% health... not they need anymore restrictions. That's a guard issue, not a wings issue. Put in more guards that whack instead of hinder.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
  • Daskalos said:

Wings already don't work if you're less than 75% health... not they need anymore restrictions. That's a guard issue, not a wings issue. Put in more guards that whack instead of hinder.

I was mainly hinting at phase wings.. You cant do nothing about that... @Daskalos‌
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You can already gallop through an entire city unhindered as is. As long as you don't stop for more than 2 seconds, you'll be fine.

If the person is phased... then well, let's say wings did work how you're proposing, they'd still be able to walk out fine if they were eye sigil'd because guards don't react fast enough.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haven said:

You can already gallop through an entire city unhindered as is. As long as you don't stop for more than 2 seconds, you'll be fine.

I learned this the hard way. Meant to path to Moi, ended up pathing to somewhere in Enorian and ended up at a shop, then noticed where I was too late.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Haven
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Daskalos said:

Actually, I was beating Plato's ass earlier in Xaanhal and he wings'd away, despite being almost 10 affs in the hole. I'd say they need more restrictions.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Syssin = Affs =/ damage.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Stathan
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Trager said:

Syssin = Affs =/ damage.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Thusly, wings need to be changed, so that I don't have to waste time trying to, futilely, keep him beneath 75% hp. It's stupid that someone can wings out with 10 affs, when they can't missing 25% of their hp. It gives them an unfair advantage against a class which does no damage until after tlock, and frankly I think it's bullshit.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    TragerRiluo
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Shrine powers, in theory, are a good way to help a team punch a bit above their weight if they are outnumbered, but they are just not feasible to activate in a practical situation (ie, as the rushing team defending a shrine), due to their short duration, baleq cost to activate and very localized effects. Ideas:

- Let shrine powers optionally be activated from the master. This would cost double or triple or whatever, but it would effect ALL shrines.

- Increase the duration for shrine effects. Like, 3-4 as long as what we have now, at the very least.

- Add in a new priv, only usable from the master, SHRINE RITE: BESEECH BOB FOR SHRINE RITE PREPARE lets you imbue up to 5 or 6 shrine powers into one rite, then you could BESEECH BOB FOR SHRINE RITE RELEASE to activate all of those powers in a single command. Maybe even let Orders set a default rite setup that would be recalled when using rite prepare or something. Basically, trying to lay down multiple shrine powers after you've rushed an enemy team is just not gonna work, and the order being attacked and defending from a defile should have a bigger leg up.
    Ishin
    Two antisocial ideas:

- This was an option in Achaea that I kinda liked, for moments when stuff was getting really spammy - a way to easily turn off ALL of your channels.

- Add in a third option to tellson/tellsoff - tellsally (or maybe tellspeers). This would let only people on your allies list (or maybe peers list, since allies are for PK but peers are simply cosmetic) send you tells, while everyone else would get the tellsoff message.
  • What is a peer? Just a way to color who list?
    Yeah.
  • < - thought it was for vampires this whole time. :(
    That's peerage.
  • Yeah, for some reason I thought it was a way to identify people who were, I dunno. Same rank or some vampire peerage shit. I don't know, I've never played a vampire. Whoops.
  • Please, please, please, have it so when someone inks a tattoos on you with the speedinking process you can tell it's you they are inking on!

Politics
  • OH GOD, Can you please fix spacing? As you can see from the + below, from AT to Amount it has two spaces... That sent me bonkers

7 Iron Coins at 8800 gold per coin. 0.35 bank 0.00
    5 credits at 5700 gold per credit. 0.54 bank 0.00

7 Iron Coins at++8800 gold per coin. 0.35 bank 0.00
    That's because it's right-justified.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I know editing the forums is hard and all but would it be at all possible to get an ignore function for the forums?
    IshinArekaRiluoInfinFurtumTeaniDamonicusCiarelleDraiman
  • Stemming from all the Holy War talk.

Could we make it that during the one year recovery period, Shrines can be raised faster? Let's face it, it's an administrative raising with zero risk - the shrines aren't going to be attacked, and it's doubtful the person is either. I think that'd do a lot to reduce the bother inherent in this system.

Honestly, I don't see why they shouldn't be raised instantly all the time outside of war and maybe during the 1 month 'buildup' part of the war. I don't know how hard it would be to make a timer, so that maybe if one of your shrines had been attacked or defiled recently it puts it back into 'slow mode' that way smaller scale shrine skirmishes like we've had with Chak in the past can still be valid, but that's an option too.
    Ezalor
  • Damn, @ezalor wants to forum ignore me. :(
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Rashar never bby
    You can technically instantly erect shrines, using research powers. The issue is that the cost is silly (100 shards). If they lowered that to 25 or 10, something reasonable, it would be used a lot more. There's no way I'm using 100 shards when I can just read forums for 15 mins.
    Can the bashing of elds also keep the area unstable in like a 5 room radius from the elds? Giving aura is a good change, but it doesn't fully tackle things - you can't see remotely if someone is bashing elds/has aura, because the area doesn't show as unstable via farsight, and defenders can't attack a rushing team until they show up in the room and start hitting as aura is only on the eld hitters.
    Nalor
  • Or have aura show up on seek abilities? Maybe even color your name on who.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Thaaat would turn people quietly hunting minors into a pk shopping list. No thanks.

IshinErzsebetTeaniStathan
    Keeping a radius of 5 rooms unstable would be the most elegant solution, I think, since it would maintain the "in unstable, able to be attacked" aspect for the rushing party. Otherwise, they can just sit there safe from attack (even though it's clear what they are there for) while the other team twiddles their thumbs - it's wonky as-is.
    Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Eleanor said:

Thaaat would turn people quietly hunting minors into a pk shopping list. No thanks.

That's one way to look at it. I think it would turn fights/conflicts into hunts and engagements, allowing us to rely less on preplanned events (arena spars, NoT duels, HG, and lessers.) I find it to be more fun to set up ambushes and catch enemies off guard than to overwhelm with numbers or ask the guy I want to kill if he'd leave the city to let me hit him.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    Moirean said:

Can the bashing of elds also keep the area unstable in like a 5 room radius from the elds? Giving aura is a good change, but it doesn't fully tackle things - you can't see remotely if someone is bashing elds/has aura, because the area doesn't show as unstable via farsight, and defenders can't attack a rushing team until they show up in the room and start hitting as aura is only on the eld hitters.

Please, please pleaseeeeee........ can we get this so then IF someone comes into the room and hits the people with aura, he/she cant cry when he/she dies for hitting people with aura!

Or Keep the red zone til the Elds disappear!!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Jensen said:

Eleanor said:

That's one way to look at it. I think it would turn fights/conflicts into hunts and engagements, allowing us to rely less on preplanned events (arena spars, NoT duels, HG, and lessers.) I find it to be more fun to set up ambushes and catch enemies off guard than to overwhelm with numbers or ask the guy I want to kill if he'd leave the city to let me hit him.
    I don't think those are the kinds of people who do minors. Most of the people I've seen are non-comms, for the most part, who usually don't run around giving people other PK reasons.

Solaria
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Still can be done by noncomms, just adds risk (whether they want it or not). Have other players on call for protection, do a bait and switch, or run like the wind!