Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You can do CLAN # TELL but remember that numbers change if you leave a clan. CLAN LIST shows the current numbers.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    That doesn't stop both Lusternia and MKO allowing you to directly do clt#/sct# to talk on a specific clan/society and the gmcp.Comm event even directly refers to clt# as the command for clans. I find having to do clan # tell tedious and find it a bit silly that that's required and yes I could alias it, but really now.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Setne said:

That doesn't stop both Lusternia and MKO allowing you to directly do clt#/sct# to talk on a specific clan/society and the gmcp.Comm event even directly refers to clt# as the command for clans. I find having to do clan # tell tedious and find it a bit silly that that's required and yes I could alias it, but really now.

When you quit a clan the whole number of it changes even on GMCP soo using clt1 one day might be a different clan another...

Its like 2 seconds to put up an alias @setne :P Or if you on mudlet can make a little script for it
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    I am well aware of that fact, that does not change the fact that I'd still like the game to allow me to do clt# instead of of clan # tell which is basically the same command, but shorter, which is what I want. I could make an alias, but I don't see an issue with the game allowing clan # tell and clt# to be interchangeable, especially as it sends the second form as the command for clans in gmcp.

Ingram said:
  • Setne said:

I am well aware of that fact, that does not change the fact that I'd still like the game to allow me to do clt# instead of of clan # tell which is basically the same command, but shorter, which is what I want. I could make an alias, but I don't see an issue with the game allowing clan # tell and clt# to be interchangeable, especially as it sends the second form as the command for clans in gmcp.

the 2nd form CHANGES each time you quit a clan and join a clan.. so that doesnt stay the same... on GMCP the clt1 clt2 clt3 changes when joining/quitting clans so it technically isn't always the same... :/
  • Nalor said:

Setne said:

the 2nd form CHANGES each time you quit a clan and join a clan.. so that doesnt stay the same... on GMCP the clt1 clt2 clt3 changes when joining/quitting clans so it technically isn't always the same... :/
    Nalor said:

Setne said:

That doesn't change anything. So don't quit a clan. I mean, he wants the ability to do so. Repeating 'but you shouldn't' isn't really...going to do anything.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

The first one changes too. They are basically the same command and I'm not seeing what clan the number references has to do with anything. If I have a clan in slot 6, then quit clan slot 5, then 6 becomes 5 and I can still just do clan 5 tell instead of doing clan 6 tell to talk on what was 6 but is now 5. Clt# is the exact same thing but shorter.

Ingram said:
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Setne said:

The first one changes too. They are basically the same command and I'm not seeing what clan the number references has to do with anything. If I have a clan in slot 6, then quit clan slot 5, then 6 becomes 5 and I can still just do clan 5 tell instead of doing clan 6 tell to talk on what was 6 but is now 5. Clt# is the exact same thing but shorter.

In the mean time til/if it ever gets implemented, you can make this function with a simple alias. To do what it is that you desire:

Match: ^clt(\d+) (.*?)$

Send: clan %1 tell %2
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Alice
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I also used to just use the short names of clans to talk. Like uh.

raiders who tapped that lesser?

Would send a tell to that clan with those words, etc. Easier, imo, and a little more accurate for me, because I tend to associate the short names with the clan names.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Furtum
    @oleis - any chance we can get a config to turn off Vox versions of tells? It's a cute idea and they can be kinda nifty, but they are also a bit frustrating sometimes. I regularly find myself having conversations with 2-3 or more people at once and it's really confusing to quickly pick out who is saying what to me. In addition, they break basic group combat triggers (stuff like to join the web or find where I am or etc) so I have to handle this stuff manually in the middle of a fight or cat-herding, which is pretty stressful. I've tried using gmcp for tells but I can't seem to make it work (after 4+ hours of attempting coding/googling/reading various forums I gave up). Also, the Vox kinda kill immersion in an odd way - tells have always been a standardized message, so you can take that and interpret that as you imagine the communication being transmitted. With Vox, you're forced to be acutely aware of how the tell is being transmitted and what 'flavor' is has in your head, which I find incredibly disorienting and jarring. Being able to just have vanilla tells as an option would be really nice to address all of this.

...THAT BEING SAID...I would totally shell out credits to buy an Imp Vox: "FIREWORKS EXPLODE IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND AS MOIREAN GLEEFULLY SHRIEKS, "HI THERE."" Yep. I'd find a way to weave that in.
    Furtum
    Aaaaand a second thing:

A cryptic chest is holding:
    "orb40706" a Parxian orb of amber
    "orb51745" a Parxian orb of white
    "eye66408" a red bull's eye
    "eye71902" a red bull's eye
    "eye72890" a red bull's eye
    "eye80712" a red bull's eye
    "eye89064" a red bull's eye
    "eye91199" a red bull's eye

Can these sort of chests perhaps be re-evaluated? Bull's eyes and hearts originally went for a ton of gold, but promos, auction arties and the addition of the ability to restore end/wp at will from refining have made these really worthless. They sell for 500 gold, if we're lucky. I get that it's gambling, but this is essentially an absolute waste of pieces/coins/gold, instead of eh, it's so-so. Maybe consider putting a chocolate or two into the heart/eye chests?
    FurtumIshinDaskalos
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    That reminds me. I got orbs once, but they only had one use on them instead of ten. It was a bit disappointing since they drop if you die.
    XavinMoireanIshin
  • yeah Ive had that same issue when I got them from shops.. it makes no sense as normaly its like 5 useage :/
  • Shapeshifting dens bestowing endurance or willpower regen on the owner would be really cool. I know that these are upgrades for houses and havens, and ideally that's not something you'd want to dilute, but it'd be nice to have some more utility out of them besides a place to store carrion. I love to RP with my den and hang out in it all the time, but for a trans skill it is kind of lackluster in the actual usefulness factor.
    Rawr
  • edited May 2014
    @Oleis‌ When it comes to claiming bounties, Can it be made so only that TETHER to the city Spirit for Duiran/Enorian, Shadow for Spinesreach/Bloodloch can claim bounties? Or do it by what guild you are in since 'Untethered' might be able to claim in all Cities. Please dont make it City only otherwise Bounties will be lasting for YEARS and YEARS oocly!

This will stop people getting other people to kill them to claim the bounty.. Which is a dumb/abusive thing to do!

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    There's no such thing as untethered. If you manage to get kills as a newbie who has never joined a guild or city I think you deserve to claim bounties wherever the heck you want.
  • @Aishia‌ HELP TETHER.. hmm yeah sureee

Ishin
  • Your tether doesn't change until you join a new city, to my knowledge, though I suppose it'd be possible to have truely new rogues become lycans now with the changes.
    Rawr
    Teani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well yeah, the only way you can possibly be untethered is never having joined a city or a tethered guild. It's a very rare situation and probably intentionally so.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'm completely comfortable with city-based bounties being restricted to city completion.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can we have joining guilds also switch tether? I had a kid not wanting to join Duirnorian, but wanting to join the Sentinels, and eventually had to join Duiran because I couldn't get his tether changed.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Arbre I know when we discussed that as an outlying possibility, we expected people might have to go to gods for it, or issue themselves or something~. ~We~ didn't want to be a mechanical way to switch without committing, because it could allow rogues to just switch back and forth to use different classes nonstop with the new class dormancy thing.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't see why joining a tethered guild shouldn't allow for it though!
    :( It's getting lamer and lamer being a rogue.

havenbanner2
    Erzsebet
  • Seems like Haven puts up with enough shit being a rogue that if he wants to switch classes, he should be able to switch classes. :P
    Rashar said:

Seems like Haven puts up with enough shit being a rogue that if he wants to switch classes, he should be able to switch classes. :P

All those mistells I get from everyone with their havens... The game should compensate me with something since I was here first!
    havenbanner2
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Or we could just shut off your tells.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    SaybreIshinInfin
    Oleis said:

Or we could just shut off your tells.

Something might break, best to give me gifts instead.
    havenbanner2
    RiluoIshin
  • LimLim
    edited May 2014
    TELL HAVEN SHOW
    TELL HAVEN POINTS
  • @Lim haven show works too if he's logged in