Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Pretty sure this has been brought up before, but can't remember:

ABILITY TO MOVE SHELVES (IE. Everything on the shelf moves)

something like...

SHELF 2 MOVE TO 3
    ArekaJasline
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Take a breath Moibb, wasn't insinuating that you don't bug things :( , was just saying that that IS a bug. 

It goes against the design because when design shelves were implemented, the caveat was that loading designs onto them would count against the stockroom space. That was part OF the design of the shelves. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:
    It's virtual items, not real ones
    This makes me giggle way more than it should.
    DaskalosBraeSetneErzsebet
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I wasn't aware it was a bug at all. Seems silly that it should count towards the stockroom space? Thought that was much of the point.

Do either of you know, if I get crafting shelf, will more of the designs I have stocked show up due to the additional space?
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah.
    Each design counts towards stockroom space, but the point was that you could then have 235235 of each design available due to stored commodities, rather than having to stock 2-3 of each item and having 2-3 of each design count towards stockroom space. 

So this equals four stockroom items rather than having 4-12 stockroom items for physically sewing multiples of each. 
    [Shelves of garments for the field]
             shirt20414 a high-collared, sleeveless shirt (dyeable)     146    300gp
              shirt9268 an airy noil shirt with long sleeves (dyeable   642    300gp
             shirt18554 a long, sleeveless gray shirt (dyeable)         642    300gp
             shirt17832 a top laden with rugged, leather spaulders      642    300gp
    I thought it was so we wouldn't have to go sew/cook new things every day, which it handles quite nicely. Designs on crafting shelves do not count towards stockroom space and admin are aware of this. I'm not sure if the bug is in them not counting or wares breaking, but apparently there is a bug somewhere, but I wasn't told more beyond "Oh, yeah, that's a bug."
    Erzsebet
  • @Oleis can we get - You use Shapeshifting Scent. - and Nalor uses shapeshifting scent. to be just You use Scent, or Nalor uses Scent. as the whole shapeshifting is kind of stupid considering im in monk/templar and not Shapeshifter :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I swear to God I would pay a pretty penny to be able to pick up old Infernal class again, so long as there was a way to gain another falcon if someone wants to feel particularly dbaggy and kill it. tbh I'd probably pay like 500cr or something for it. I miss that class so much. :(
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenErzsebet
    edited April 2014
    Any chance we could get targetting options for illusions? They are a fantastic RP tool and being able to use $name and @item and whatnot in them would be pretty awesome.
    JensenRiluoIshinBakhtuhPiperFaerah
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    For Vox, could we be allowed to always select none. I like the idea of selecting my tells for certain things but not being stuck with that for the day. My voice is velvety and non threatening
    IshinRivasPiperRiluo
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Would be nice if we could see what it looks like without having to put the iterator in the vox. I like the one I got, but still annoying that I couldn't see it beforehand.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Ishin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we change the tells format to be in line with other chat stuff since we're adding in the ability to customize them?

(Tell): Setne's fancy vox thingy, "Hi."

(Tell): Dourif tells you, "Spar?"

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaFaerahSamp
  • Haven said:

Can we change the tells format to be in line with other chat stuff since we're adding in the ability to customize them

As a work around, you can create a multi-line color trigger for tells, as long as your client supports it and you use a color that is unique for tells. Your pattern would be an anchored universal wildcard followed by a quotation mark - in mudlet it'd be this ^.+"$ Your second line would be the color.

Xavin said:

Haven said:

Can we change the tells format to be in line with other chat stuff since we're adding in the ability to customize them

As a work around, you can create a multi-line color trigger for tells, as long as your client supports it and you use a color that is unique for tells. Your pattern would be an anchored universal wildcard followed by a quotation mark - in mudlet it'd be this ^.+"$ Your second line would be the color.
    But the color I use and like...I'd rather not have Templar Blade charges showing up on my chat capture. >_>
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    The blade. It speaks to you @haven
    ArbreSetne
    Re Haven't tells and stuff...Isn't there a way for mxp to be used with communication channels? https://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/mxp.htm

It says 20-99 can be used by users to redirect chat channels, but I have nfi how that's actually done.
  • I get my tells captured through GMCP, I haven't had to change anything with this vox stuff.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

How do you do it with gmcp?
    So I love love LOVE design tags, but the readout is a bit overwhelming when you really make use of them (they aren't alphabetized or anything).

Would it be possible to add further organization for it? Maybe like InvCat or a clan's exec_summary but for tags (IE bundle tags into self-named sections for a more organized readout).
  • Toz said:

I get my tells captured through GMCP, I haven't had to change anything with this vox stuff.

I'm curious about this as well. I wouldn't mind making my channel captures based on GMCP.

Moirean
  • Poking around in TW, it seems there's a GMCP event called gmcp.Comm that's raised when you get a tell/CT goes off/whatever. I don't want to rip off Kaeus too much and spread his stuff around - and I don't really claim to understand GMCP all that well - but you should be able to poke around with that and figure it out?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:

Poking around in TW, it seems there's a GMCP event called gmcp.Comm that's raised when you get a tell/CT goes off/whatever. I don't want to rip off Kaeus too much and spread his stuff around - and I don't really claim to understand GMCP all that well - but you should be able to poke around with that and figure it out?

It's certainly a start. Thanks

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Yeah. Should be gmcp.Comm.Channel. There's a start message, the text, and then an end message. Capturing anything between start and end (and filtering based on the information held within the start and end tables) will let you be really flexible with channel capture. Afraid I can't be more helpful than that, as I haven't played with it much myself, but it's pretty neat.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Am I the only one who hasn't moved to gmcp yet?
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    yes! Is Obsidian ink bugged or ment to outc both obsidian ink and normal obsidian when outc obsidian?? @Oleis or anyone?

Haven said:

I can't tell you how great it is! I made a very functional basher in about two hours. Cuts down on a lot of the irritating trigger work.
    [---]
    Azton said:

Haven said:

yes!

Is Obsidian ink bugged or ment to outc both obsidian ink and normal obsidian when outc obsidian?? @Oleis or anyone?

Just OUTC OBSIDIANINK to be safe. I actually tried to avoid having 'obsidian' work as a keyword for that reason.
    [---]
  • edited May 2014
    @Oleis when enchanting tho you have to outc obsidian and it randoms between them both ... :P

You store 5 obsidian, bringing the total to 5.
    You store 3 obsidian ink, bringing the total to 3.
    outc obsidian
    You remove 1 obsidian, bringing the total in the cache to 4.
    outc obsidian
    You remove 1 obsidian ink, bringing the total in the cache to 2.
    outc obsidian
    You remove 1 obsidian, bringing the total in the cache to 3.
    outc obsidian
    You remove 1 obsidian ink, bringing the total in the cache to 1.

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Same issue happens with leaf for fumology and the cactus leaf for cooking:

Glancing into the cache, you see:
    [ 34] leaf [ 96] leaf