Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Changed. CL 507.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Could just make it 'blackink' instead of making it snazzy obsidian.

Also loving the changes overall so far. Putting paresis in for coding and whatnot, makes me want a paresis empowerment for bludgeoning weapons. *dreams*
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Would it be possible to make it so that if we're withdrawing money from banks, it pulls the withdraw fee out of what's remaining in the bank? Assuming there's enough to cover it. If not, it could take it out of what we withdraw like it does now. This would really help a lot of us, I think, and instead of just taking out another 5-10k more than we would normally to cover what we're withdrawing, we could just withdraw and run off to do whatever.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArekaJensenSaritaDemarcusJasline
  • can the gmcp.Char.Vitals.mounted be changed so instead of showing numbers it shows what you've mounted? make it easier for us to track what mount we are mounted/woodlore animal .. beats alot of coding since the woodlore animal name changes each summon...
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Could we have a "secure all" or "unwield all" command, instead of having to specify only left or right?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Ishin said:

Would it be possible to make it so that if we're withdrawing money from banks, it pulls the withdraw fee out of what's remaining in the bank? Assuming there's enough to cover it. If not, it could take it out of what we withdraw like it does now. This would really help a lot of us, I think, and instead of just taking out another 5-10k more than we would normally to cover what we're withdrawing, we could just withdraw and run off to do whatever.

Better yet, take the fee when we deposit, not withdraw.
    PerilunaHaven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited May 2014
    pear and oil also have doubles in the cache, if we're reporting these things for possible tune-up. Also beans/kawhe beans.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    'beef' draws out slice, beef and steak, same with pork for its other variants (does so at what seems to be random)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    And steak does fish and beef.
    GIMMIE SUMMA DAT MEAT
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • This might be a long short as its a semi combat request but kind of annoying also..

Can we get lines like ' ^(\w+) presses an orbis poultice against \w+ head, rubbing the last of the poultice into \w+ flesh.$ ' changed so it justs the normal line like ^(\w+) presses an orbis poultice against \w+ head, rubbing the poultice into \w+ flesh.$ As personally I and I guess others dont care if its the last of they orbis.. but its just more and more lines we need to track

sorry for it being combat related.. :/ But it is annoying andwill fit better with inline curing Aetolia is going for
    edited May 2014
    ^(\w+) presses an orbis poultice against (?:his|her) head, rubbing the(?: last of the)? poultice into (?his|her) flesh.$

I know it's not quite what you're asking for, but it does let you have one trigger.
    [---]
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2014
    Thanks @Oleis :P So guess it would be same for mending? I've never seen that last line lol
    Not sure about mending, honestly. I see where you're coming from -- it's entirely pointless to show "the last" in the third person message because it's almost guaranteed that they have more ready to go. I just hesitate to change any kind of trigger unless there's a huge reason or we add a Combat Message to it.
    [---]
  • Aye it was just a random thought do we (thirdperson) really need to know the person is out of a cure :P the "You have slain X" gives it away heh

Thanks for replying @Oleis
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited May 2014
    On the list of things that double--diamond and diamond crystal.

Annnd when you cache the gold topaz, it just becomes blue topaz.

I've noticed the pattern in the diamond though, that if you draw out two (assuming separate commands and not outc 2 diamond) it does whichever one you didn't draw out the time before, and then it does the other. It consistently alternates.

If we could maybe please get our eggnog to not respond to the glass tag? At least for crafting? I have a handful of designs that got through the queue somehow with eggnog in them. Have a couple with actual glass glasses, too, but there's no way to actually -catch- that, as it just shows up as glass.

**Actually, would there be a way to make 'newd 1234567 add 1 glass' default to your cached glass? That way, we don't have to worry about the stuff in our inventory, but if we happen to need to add an actual glass we can just do newd 1234567 add 1 923435 or w/e the # is. Right now to ensure you're adding the glass comm, you have to outc the glass, do II glass to get the number and then add the glass. And the eggnog at least, resets to your inventory, so even keeping it tucked away doesn't work.

imageimage
    It would be nice if all comm additions for crafting could come from cache like iron, leather, etc can. It would avoid all those accidental uses.
    RiluoArekaErzsebetPiper
  • The Firefox addon is amazing. I actually keep firefox running with just that addon's display at all times so I can check out deathsight etc. while not logged in - but I'd love for there to be a longer deathsight list. Instead of levels/kills/whatever, maybe just a generic web address that has a 100-200 long deathsight with timestamps? It'd make reading back over long conflicts a lot easier, and I'm also just nosy.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AryanneIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited May 2014
    @Razmael, @Oleis

I know its a bit combat related, but what is the chance of making deathstats and killstats useable like this KILLSTAT (me), so it lists my deaths or kills for the last 7 days.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Moirean
    I don't really like killstats/deathstats as they are atm. They are just a bunch of raw numbers without any sort of context to them. What's the point of them? It looks like kinda vague bragging rights, but they really don't MEAN anything, since it's really just tracking KBs and representing the results of team fights. Deathstats is even more frustrating because it doesn't break stuff down at all, so you see certain guilds or classes "sucking" the most, when in actuality they are the ones with a ton of newbies or even just a high number of PKers. Carnifex, for example, had both top deaths and top kills for a day because we have a squad of newbies who run around and die as they learn the basics, but also deal out primarily DPS so they KS like pros. I wish there was more info displayed to help us contextualize the numbers. Also there is a disparity of like 50-100 between kills and deaths (and between death types), so I think it might be wonky with the tracking.
    RiluoHaven
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    We already complained away the names in deathstats pre-implementation, so people didn't feel bad. I don't really think the rest of it is so bad. It's mostly fluffy information. Most deaths probably means most activity! It's not so bad.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited May 2014
    RAW PUMPKINS ARE TOTALLY EDIBLE, WHETHER OR NOT IM A HIPPOPOTAMUS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT @IOSYNE
    Piper
    Aishia said:

We already complained away the names in deathstats pre-implementation, so people didn't feel bad. I don't really think the rest of it is so bad. It's mostly fluffy information. Most deaths probably means most activity! It's not so bad.

But that's the thing - it's just raw numbers. We can attempt to interpret it, but it's really just guesswork without any sort of context. I don't see the point, except for hollow bragging rights and inaccurate shaming. I like the concept, but I'd also like to see more info there to make the numbers actually mean something. Topguilds 2.0, I suppose. :/
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'd rather see the stats be associated with the Sect of Blades somehow instead. Or if we must make them this broad, at the very least have the stats follow the same guideline sect points follow. As is though, I agree, I do not see the point of these stats. The information is pretty useless with all things considered and seems out of place in the context of the game in my opinion.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Moirean
    Who cares if people feel bad? What I want to see is 'You have killed @Haven 4 times.' and then 'Haven has killed you 5 times.' so I know I owe that scrub one next time I see him idling at NoT.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ishin said:

Who cares if people feel bad? What I want to see is 'You have killed @Haven 4 times.' and then 'Haven has killed you 5 times.' so I know I owe that scrub one next time I see him idling at NoT.

lol, you're so generous!

As amusing as that'd be, I'd rather not see that though.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • So, Since gmcp.Comm captures says, Is it possible to make it also captures emotes @‌Oleis

Or is that asking too much for my laziness? :P

Cant color code emotes as if someone uses the say within it, it doesn't capture right.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Aishia said:

RAW PUMPKINS ARE TOTALLY EDIBLE, WHETHER OR NOT IM A HIPPOPOTAMUS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT @IOSYNE

I wish I could tell you how many times I've tried to eat a pumpkin IG and been sad that I couldn't. :(

Aishia
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    wtb ability to do clt# to talk on clans please

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Setne said:

wtb ability to do clt# to talk on clans please

HMM Game already does @Setne‌

clan kll tell
    clan raiders tell ... etc

the ALIAS on CLANS is what you use to talk on different clans since the 'number' changes always