Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• It takees balance to dismount..
    Riluo said:
    You killed/attacked Pete the golem, he is my best friend BFF BRO! Time to die. <---solves the issue for my alt.
    But Guilded member, Guild will cry like little girls because they're unicorns!  (( MY  golem wasnt even in the City it  was at portals and he cried about it @Rilup))
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • If you use the classpick mod in the arena, could it load up class-specific stuff? Like load you a dhurive for a sentinel, maybe. And give you full spark/whatever resource they use, so you can actually...use the mod to pk as a different class instead of trying to slap someone to death as a Sentinel with no dhurive or a Luminary with no spark/devo?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• for sentinel @toz find a forest area (all the arenas have one) and outc obsidian, and bang.. make one :P buts its the BB tablet etc, essence, devotion, spark which is the biggest pain for that ^ 
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited March 2014
    Nalor said:
    It takees balance to dismount..
    Riluo said:
    You killed/attacked Pete the golem, he is my best friend BFF BRO! Time to die. <---solves the issue for my alt.
    But Guilded member, Guild will cry like little girls because they're unicorns!  (( MY  golem wasnt even in the City it  was at portals and he cried about it @Rilup))

Honestly yo,  you have options. Quickmount/Quickdismount doesn't take balance, is a simple and cheap solution, and making a simple trigger to return your golem to wherever isn't that hard. If you get d/c or w/e, then yeah, tell them to stfu.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Nalor said:

for sentinel @toz find a forest area (all the arenas have one) and outc obsidian, and bang.. make one :P buts its the BB tablet etc, essence, devotion, spark which is the biggest pain for that ^ 

You cannot gather a staff in spines reach arena either.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• You cant? Did you go into the right enviroment?  Not trying to pick just always thought you did as its how I got some lines of the class @Toz :/ ..
  • Says 'You can't gather that here' or something similar when you use Spinesreach's arena forest rooms. Or it did, the last time I tried - it'd still be more convenient to just have the weapons loaded (or maybe some way of loading your own?) when you enter the arena, and a way for them to get deleted after you come out. I came out of the arena last time still having a summoned mace

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I'd really like to see a permission-type setup for doors. Keys are cool, but to be frank it's a really outdated setup and they're a terrible pain in the butt to manage. I'd rather just run by a door, BUILDING PERMISSION E ADD FAERAH and go on my way...instead of having to go get a blank key, come in, lockwork it, then run find Faerah to give her the key/mail it to her. It would just be much cleaner.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That kinda lead me to an interesting idea for doors that probably falls well outside the realm of Small Ideas: doors that accept custom keys ("put orb/token/medallion/whatever in door east"), doors that function based on emotes ("thrash/thump door east"), or doors that open with a password ("say shazam" --> "The door to the east slides open.").
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've always liked the idea of introducing battering rams into the game, but maybe that's just me. <.<

RiluoCalipso
  • 'Thrash door' to open it is kind of an awesome mental image.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

TeaniLin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Only to be used if there is someone inside (so it can't be misused when people go offline) who could make some kind of counter measures to prevent it by barricading the door with furniture!

H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100recall sabi
    You already have a mount outside the stables.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100recall mount
    You place your fingers to your mouth, and focusing mentally on your trusty steed you blow hard,
    creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
    A fiery Jaziran mare trots in, beckoned by its master's call.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100return mount bloodlochstable
    You slap a fiery Jaziran mare on the rump and send it cantering off towards 'A cavernous stable'.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100recall sabi
    You place your fingers to your mouth, and focusing mentally on your trusty steed you blow hard,
    creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
    A fiery Jaziran mare trots in, beckoned by its master's call.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100return mount bloodlochstable
    You slap a fiery Jaziran mare on the rump and send it cantering off towards 'A cavernous stable'.
    H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100recall mount
    You do not have an unstabled mount!
    H:5222 M:4324 E:25080 W:24243 B:100% Night [ eb] Soul: 100

^---- Could we just like, combine recall mount/mountname/id into the same command? That's insanely annoying.

PiperHavenIshinCiarelle
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Draiman: That Jaziran mare is so lonely though! She feels neglected.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Pff w/e I give my horse all the affection possible without it becoming weird.

Lin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Draiman said:
    Pff w/e I give my horse all the affection possible without it becoming weird.
    All Bloodloch customs are weird man.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Setne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ishin said:
    I'd really like to see a permission-type setup for doors. Keys are cool, but to be frank it's a really outdated setup and they're a terrible pain in the butt to manage. I'd rather just run by a door, BUILDING PERMISSION E ADD FAERAH and go on my way...instead of having to go get a blank key, come in, lockwork it, then run find Faerah to give her the key/mail it to her. It would just be much cleaner.
    Report 1606 and 1602 are already in the works to help out with keys/locks a bit.
    Ishin
    I guess that's better than nothing, @Moirean. I still prefer the idea of permissions, though. Easy to check, easy to set, and neither you NOR the other person(s) have to worry about keeping up with keys.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I'm guessing that's harder to code.
    Imagine how many items you could take out of the game if you switched to perms instead of using 90000001 keys.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Yeah two posts back to back. Woohoo.

Is there any way we could get the mangle and destroy lines to reflect which limb we just tried to bust up? Right now the message is ambivalent, which means we have to track it another way. Just a QoL change, I suppose?

learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Can we put a message that you've gotten married so Rivas can't stealth-marry?  Even better if there's an AGREE function for both parties - someone will eventually be a unicorns and go around stealth-marrying people who don't want it yet.
    LinAryanneSolariaCiarelleInfin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited March 2014
    what the hell is stealth-marrying ?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's a little fun fact: when you unite people they don't see a message. Just happens.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    *stealth marries Milvushina*

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    That's gotta be the trollyiest thing I've ever heard of in Aet. even trollpk or verbal abuse can get ignored, but you'd have to divorce, repropose, and then wait for time counter to get married.
    I made it sound like @Rivas is a jerk - he only stealth-married Arbre and Rivas, no one else.  He's not a jerk - at least not for -that- reason.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I noticed you guys have been married for a while, did you just notice now?
    No, but it was a couple minutes after he did it that I did.
    I had a similar experience when I married Moi and Toz, except I thought that he saw a message. I was like man, Toz is stone cold, doesn't even care, until a few minutes later over AIM he was like "WTF when did we get married?"

Granted, he's Toz, so the reaction probably would have been the same either way. >_>
    SetnePiperIshinAryannePeriluna