Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Alexina said:
    ... meanwhile, new people joining the game will buy fairly small amounts of credits initially so the first three purchases will not give a very big amount of mentor credits.

My first purchases, if I recall, were 10 credits, 25 credits, and 10 credits again as I was getting started. At 15%, that adds up to 5 or 6 mentor credits total. I'd almost feel embarrassed at giving my mentor 1 or 2 credits, except I didn't even have a mentor at the time.
    Moirean
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Is there any way we could get a window thing to type in for the description of referendums? The name and choices are usually good when short, but sometimes I want to c/p someone's letter into the referendum and let people judge off of that, instead of paraphrasing in my own words.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I found a lot of people just make a newspost both announcing the referendum as well as the larger content, and in the referendum itself, tell people to read the newspost #. Having more inbuilt would be nice though. 
    Ishin
  • I don't know if this is a "small idea" but I would like a bit more flexibility in the Guild Structure. 

Right now you have the Guild Leader, Secretaries and the Head of Novices. The Head of Novices is the only position that can aide people. 

Ideally, the Guild Structure could work more like a hybrid clan/city system where positions could be created and powers invested in those positions (like a clan) and the capacity to aide members to those positions given (like a city). Achaea has a structure like this for their Houses (HOUSE STRUCTURE <HOUSE>), and I think it helps give more members a sense of purpose while giving the Guilds a bit more flavor.  Like the HELP LAWS <GUILD> files, it could be toggled public or private.

I mean, right now my character's Guild is looking at using a clan to accomplish this purpose (specifically Secretary aides) - but I think a Guild-side mechanic would be nice. That way if say, we had a Secretary in charge of Combat... He/she could aide whomever to him/her and Guild members could see who the Combat aides are to see who to chat with about whatever combat project is ongoing. That Secretary could invest their aides with privileges that they may not have access to due to rank to help them complete tasks. (Like editing help files). 

Ultimately, I'd like to see more opportunities: (1) for people to be meaningfully involved in their Guilds; (2) for Secretaries to be able to delegate work more efficiently so we can prevent burnout; and (3) for guild members to have opportunity for formal positions in their Guilds that are not Secretarial roles (but could be stepping stones to Secretary). 
    IshinMinaraelWinterlynn
    That would be pretty handy. I second that motion, Faerah.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Jasline
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    We've brought up ideas like that before (I posted it at least once) and it seems like something guilds would like.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Soundslikelusternia.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can the arena automatically enemy everyone inside it for you? It'd be nice if it was just a separate list entirely so the things you do inside do not affect the things outside.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LinDraimanRiluoJensenAngweIshinDaskalosXenia
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Alexina said:
    From 'help mentors':

- Mentors will receive 15% of the first three credit purchases of their proteges. Only a character's first mentor will receive this bonus, and the credits will be bound.

I've made alts for people to benefit from my credit purchases which is sort of a really unnecessary step to have there in the first place. Making alts solely for mentor credits means that there'll be lots of more characters just sitting in limbo; meanwhile, new people joining the game will buy fairly small amounts of credits initially so the first three purchases will not give a very big amount of mentor credits.

Ideally, I'd like to see people generating protege credits instead of mentor credits (or maybe in addition to them). That is, whenever you buy credits, you generate a small pool of credits that you could distribute amongst your proteges. It's an idea I had some time ago but it seems like it'd be open to the same sort of loopholes as the current credit rewards are (i.e making alts to give your friends mentor credits).

Another idea would be to put a lifetime cap on it... 300 total mentor credits from a single protege, perhaps. Substantial enough that if you get a real new player to stick around or at least stop a serious chunk of change it is actually worthwhile, but not ridiuclously OP. By the time they buy 2000 credits, they probably don't need a ton of mentoring at that point.
  • Chess rankings. A character scoreboard of Wins - Losses - Stalemates/Draws
    KerrynTeaniLinPerilunaAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Ingram said:
    Chess rankings. A character scoreboard of Wins - Losses - Stalemates/Draws
    And the same for Triptycha, please.

PerilunaAryanne
  • I'm sure this idea has already been floated but is there a way that organizations can own shops and perhaps buy casks for shops in the Guild's name?  Currently, if we want casks in our Guild shop we have to buy them in the name of player who then can run off with them if they want to.  
    JensenMinaraelAryanneInfinWinterlynn
    edited March 2014
    WTB ability to buy casks for my GUILD, not an -individual- within my GUILD. For my GUILD.

Because even though they're cheap, credit-wise, it's still super f'ing annoying when people get unicorns or turn into unicorns or RP turns unicorns and they end up quitting and leaving, taking their unicorns casks with them.

Because I'm tired of my guild losing out because of someone's capricious behavior.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Infin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Don't worry guys -I- wont run off with the casks. Seriously though, org casks would be nice. Set the owner as the guild tutor
    IshinDaingeanArekaArbrePerilunaErzsebetInfin
    There any way we could get a Cooldowns check? That way we can keep track of all the things we have that are on CD. Like uh...vitality, and other stuff like that??
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Yeah it seems the Refining skillset gets completely turned off for rogues, rather than simply making them unable to extract. This seems generally illogical as I should still be able to check my Refining Reserves, place a Refining Shell and so on. Rogues already cant extract focal points, but I dont think it is fair to punish someone for choosing a rogue life-style to have them unable to access the entire skill.
    IshinInfin
    Calipso said:
    Yeah it seems the Refining skillset gets completely turned off for rogues, rather than simply making them unable to extract. This seems generally illogical as I should still be able to check my Refining Reserves, place a Refining Shell and so on. Rogues already cant extract focal points, but I dont think it is fair to punish someone for choosing a rogue life-style to have them unable to access the entire skill.
    Eh, while it does suck to be cut out from it with no alternative, these perks/bonuses are supposed to be incentives/rewards for cities. Choosing rogue life means you're also choosing not to indulge in city benefits (much to my dismay like Hunting Grounds items/zone/fracture, etc).

The exception I'd argue would be skills that tip combat balancing. I'd then argue/suggest that those skills should be limited to unstable zones only.
    havenbanner2
    LinTeaniIshin
  • Can we get, or make GOLEMS do what the OLD Golems used to do, When you logout the golems disappear, so people in the guild can take the stick out of the ......

Or, (as I just noticed) have them return to the sanctuary like falcons used to...

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Infin
    Conversely you could just tell people to pull their faces out of their asses :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JensenLinRiluoInfin
  • I cant be bothered with the crying @Ishin..

Already get people crying because I hunt a area which gives me 5kish gold.. or the person is bashing hidden!

But the golem issue didn't use to be as it used to disappear when you logged out, but since the new stuff. it simple doesnt!
    Ishin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Pattern:
    ^(?:qq|quit)$

Script:
    sendAll("golem return", matches[1], false)
    Someone tells you, "Whine whine whine you left your golem atthisplacehere."

You tell someone, "So? Grow the fuck up this isn't highschool bro."
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Lin said:
    Pattern:

Script:
    Concentrating briefly, you mentally command your golem to return to the earth until you need it once
    more.
    Equilibrium Used: 1.00 seconds

Cant really do that when it takes EQ to do that and I need that to send my mount to a stable so the whiners dont whine.... @Lin
    For wear locations, could we get 'oncloak'/on coat/outerwear added for brooches and pins? It's annoying when my shirt decays or I swap it out and I have to re-wear my brooches which are 'securing' my cloak. :( 
    Erzsebet
    Oh oh, and designs, would it be possible to have a new field added to the actual design? A 'Designed by" thing rather than relying on comments, for when doing commissions for others or transferring them to orgs? 
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Nalor said:
    Lin said:
    Pattern:

Script:
    Concentrating briefly, you mentally command your golem to return to the earth until you need it once
    more.
    Equilibrium Used: 1.00 seconds

Cant really do that when it takes EQ to do that and I need that to send my mount to a stable so the whiners dont whine.... @Lin
    You could..uh...send the mount to the stables first..seeing as it doesn't take eq or bal...
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

HavenLinIshin
    Or put in a wait command so it fires both before you qq. 

./exhausts any semblance of coding knowledge
    Honestly, I'd just grab class and then PK them if they ever did anything to my golem. >_>
    havenbanner2
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2014
    You killed/attacked Pete the golem, he is my best friend BFF BRO! Time to die. <---solves the issue for my alt.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
    Can we get a worn column added to MAGICLIST?

Item           Enchant                       Months Left
    --------------------------------------------------------
    ring127020     an icewall enchantment        0 (worn)
    ring161121     an icewall enchantment        266
    earring277957  an allsight enchantment       286 (worn)
    ring256626     fire resistance               348
    ring256600     electric resistance           339
    ring210626     cold resistance               354
    ring158714     magic resistance              348 (worn)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    havenbanner2
    IshinKerrynDraimanCiarelleJensenRiluoCalipso